toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) toadesque52 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Why does it seem like my bicep is the only muscle that doesn't get sore?

On my back/bicep days I usually push myself to the point of being unable to do anymore bicep exercises so I feel like I'm doing a decent job. But the next day my biceps are hardly sore. I know it's not like if you don't get sore then nothing happened but all my other muscles get sore with even less exercise. My triceps, chest, legs, delts, all get sore but biceps never do.

NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im the same way with my shoulders I work the crap out of them and they dont get sore so I stopped worrying and just make sure they are hurting when I leave the gym and thats that. You may also be doing to much for your bis I dont know though but its an idea.

jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toadesque52 View Post
    On my back/bicep days I usually push myself to the point of being unable to do anymore bicep exercises so I feel like I'm doing a decent job. But the next day my biceps are hardly sore. I know it's not like if you don't get sore then nothing happened but all my other muscles get sore with even less exercise. My triceps, chest, legs, delts, all get sore but biceps never do.
    Originally Posted by NoFear27 View Post
    Im the same way with my shoulders I work the crap out of them and they dont get sore so I stopped worrying and just make sure they are hurting when I leave the gym and thats that. You may also be doing to much for your bis I dont know though but its an idea.
    im the same for both biceps AND shoulders.. i can never get them sore

tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinytim323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how many sets/reps you guys doin?

NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFear27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tinytim323 View Post
    how many sets/reps you guys doin?
    my shoulder day looks like so.

Arnold press 12, 10, 10, 8
    military press 12 9 8 8
    reverse flys 10 8 8 6
    lat raise 10 8 8 6

I also do traps and tris but i dont have a problem with those.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Conditioning levels vary between muscles, as does the amount of metabolic acids produced. As long as progression is upwards, the absence of DOMS can be ignored.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzucoug1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stop doing biceps after your back. Your pre-exhausting your biceps beyond necessary and is causing overtraing of the muscle. Try moving them to a different day (maybe switch your calves from leg day and your biceps from back day), that way you will be able to hit each of those muscles with a greater intensity because they are not exhausted already. And don't do a ton of bicep extercises; 3-4 exercises max and hit them hard.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yoy may be overtraining your biceps by training them hard after back. This is one possible reason. Another is you arent allowing yourslef to train your bis hard enough because of the previous back work.

I train biceps after chest and they are fresh are ready to be trained hard and heavy. Try training biceps on another day. How do you train your biceps? I know most people like to train them with a lot of volume but i find hitting them with 3 exercises, 2-3 sets in each and a rep range of 6-8 is better. Negatives and forced reps are also great for biceps but no too much, its only a small muscle.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try hitting the muscles from different angles and also you could improvise with the reps as well, keep the body guessing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can easily make shoulders sore, but my biceps havent been sore in over a year. They used to ache when I first started working out, now they never get DOMS.

Regardless, DOMS is not an indicator of a good workout. As long as you're progressing in weight/reps then you're fine.

MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shoulders get beaten to death with a lot of exercises (bench press, rows, deadlifts and so on).

Biceps also go through a lot with all the pulling and pushing.

One should train them once a week, when very little pushing-pulling movements are involved.
    "The guys who walk around naked in the change room for a more-than-necessary period of time. I guess they love the moment of freedom?" - spyx