vanguard103 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tips on getting more lean/toned?

Pic is in bodyspace and profile pic. 20M, currently 6'1, 184 lbs(13% bodyfat), but only vague imprint of abs with some chub when wearing a belt or tightening shorts. Would getting down to 10 percent be enough perhaps? I'm not trying to be buff, but do want to be generally fit and have muscle definition.

My current exercise routine(started this week, I'm alternating strength and cardio every other day, throw in one rest day):

15 Push-Ups x4
    12 Squat-Calf Raises x4(with 40lb weight)
    6 Dual Bicep Curls x4(20lb weights)
    30-Second Plank x4
    8 Chest Presses x4(30 lb weights)
    12 Sumo Hold-Calf Raises x4
    8 Dual Rows x4(20lb weights)
    30-Second Reverse Plank x4

Cardio Routine

30 Minutes Running(mostly moderate jogging)
    ~10 mins cool down(brisk walking)
    ~10 Minutes Stretching

I know diet is important. I've become fond of smoothies for breakfast. Frozen fruit, add in some oats, greek yogurt, protein powder, or a bit of almond/peanut butter sometimes. Also drinking more water and snacking more on nuts(but being careful, as they are calorie dense apparently). I'm aiming for a 2 month window to achieve my goal, so any feedback is appreciated.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vanguard103 View Post
    Pic is in bodyspace and profile pic. 20M, currently 6'1, 184 lbs(18% bodyfat), but only vague imprint of abs with some chub when wearing a belt or tightening shorts. Would getting down to 10 percent be enough perhaps? I'm not trying to be buff, but do want to be generally fit and have muscle definition. No, you need to gain muscle and not worry about cutting for a few years as long as you are lean bulking on a proven strength program.

My current exercise routine(started this week, I'm alternating strength and cardio every other day, throw in one rest day):

15 Push-Ups x4
    12 Squat-Calf Raises x4(with 40lb weight)
    6 Dual Bicep Curls x4(20lb weights)
    30-Second Plank x4
    8 Chest Presses x4(30 lb weights)
    12 Sumo Hold-Calf Raises x4
    8 Dual Rows x4(20lb weights)
    30-Second Reverse Plank x4

Throw this out and read the forums for a proven strength program

Cardio Routine

30 Minutes Running(mostly moderate jogging)
    ~10 mins cool down(brisk walking)
    ~10 Minutes Stretching

I know diet is important. I've become fond of smoothies for breakfast. Frozen fruit, add in some oats, greek yogurt, protein powder, or a bit of almond/peanut butter sometimes. Also drinking more water and snacking more on nuts(but being careful, as they are calorie dense apparently). I'm aiming for a 2 month window to achieve my goal, so any feedback is appreciated.
    Doesn't matter what you eat, just focus on getting your macros and eating just enough to be in a surplus, take your weight * 15 and add 200-300 calories, eat that for a few weeks, see how your weight changes and adjust accordingly.

BEST OF LUCK!!! BRO
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Doesn't matter what you eat, just focus on getting your macros and eating just enough to be in a surplus, take your weight * 15 and add 200-300 calories, eat that for a few weeks, see how your weight changes and adjust accordingly.

BEST OF LUCK!!! BRO
    Don't you have to eat fairly clean though

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not exactly

https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No what you have to do is weigh/log everything in order to track your calories accurately.

"Clean" is basically pointless for fat loss.

Fruit juice has as many calories as soda.

Almond/peanut butters are some of the most calorie dense foods per ounce in existence.

Hell a person could eat nothing but boiled chicken breasts and broccoli but if his maintenance calorie level was 2500/day and he ate 3500 calories of that each day he would still get fatter despite eating "clean".
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    No what you have to do is weigh/log everything in order to track your calories accurately.

Almond/peanut butters are some of the most calorie dense foods per ounce in existence.

Hell a person could eat nothing but boiled chicken breasts and broccoli but if his maintenance calorie level was 2500/day and he ate 3500 calories of that each day he would still get fatter despite eating "clean".
    So much truth!
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Good point. Like I said, even regular nuts are pretty calorically dense. I don't go crazy on the almond/peanut butter either, and don't even always add it. What about two meals a day with 1-2 light snacks?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What about two meals a day with 1-2 light snacks?
    It doesn't matter. It is the total number of CALORIES you are eating, not how you divide up when you eat them.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    It doesn't matter. It is the total number of CALORIES you are eating, not how you divide up when you eat them.

Ah. I just asked because I heard of intermittent fasting or something.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You'll hear all kinds of things. Anything that implies that it's not all about calories in vs. calories out is not supported by science and objective evidence.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are a prime candidate for "Read the Stickies" response to your post
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Intermittent fasting is also not some magical way to lose fat while ignoring your calorie intake.

Eating in a 4-6 hour window per day will not help you lose fat if you still eat 3000-4000 calories during that time frame.

That said, I have used IF before and it does work for me when I go with it because in general I don't mind being hungry throughout the day (when I can easily distract myself) but can't fall asleep at night if I am hungry. So eating all my calories in the last 4-6 hours before bed works well for me.

But that is also because I still weigh and log everything I eat during that "eating window" to insure that I don't go past what I had planned for the day.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10% is pretty damn lean and for someone with little muscle mass probably too far. You will end up scrawny. I would maybe cut down to 12-15% and gain from there. Simply eat fewer calories than you burn and meet you macros and micros to remain healthy. Do not obsess too much about "clean". Nurtitious foods are often (but not always) high volume and low calorie so they are great for satiation but you don't need to be religious about that.

You're currently probably around 22%-25% bodyfat so you have a fair bit to lose to be at a "lean" level., prepare for a real lifestyle change !
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    You're currently probably around 22%-25% bodyfat so you have a fair bit to lose to be at a "lean" level., prepare for a real lifestyle change !
    Yeah the OP is definitely not at "13% BF" like he says in the first post which is where I think he is getting the idea that he is only a few pounds away from 10%.

At his current (real) BF level he would have to lose nearly 30 pounds to get to 10%.

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    10% is pretty damn lean and for someone with little muscle mass probably too far. You will end up scrawny. I would maybe cut down to 12-15% and gain from there. Simply eat fewer calories than you burn and meet you macros and micros to remain healthy. Do not obsess too much about "clean". Nurtitious foods are often (but not always) high volume and low calorie so they are great for satiation but you don't need to be religious about that.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't at 13 percent, despite what the calculators I used said lol

Yeah the OP is definitely not at "13% BF" like he says in the first post which is where I think he is getting the idea that he is only a few pounds away from 10%.

At his current (real) BF level he would have to lose nearly 30 pounds to get to 10%.

Yep, I knew something was up with the calculators.