ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

What's your experience with low-kicking?

Pretty much watched a couple of videos about consecutive low-kicks and the damage it actually does to the persons leg. As you can see below, multiple people are just completely down and can not stand back up.

What's your experience with them and what's the best way to go about practicing for it strength and speed wise?

Been using the kick-bag at the gym since it opened and even before covid19 and it's been pretty good so far but I haven't used it on an actual human target yet

if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cousin who did a lot of muay-thai leg-kicked me once. stung like a mofo and I stumbled. Told me he was only using like 30% power and I was like FML. Then again I'm not conditioned for it at all. I can only imagine how hard a full power leg kick from Edson or Gaethje would be. it's such an underrated weapon, but sometimes I wonder how fighters can withstand that chit and put on a straight face while being spammed on with leg kicks repeatedly. but without a leg to stand on it's hard to do anything.

not sure about how to best go about training it

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    cousin who did a lot of muay-thai leg-kicked me once. stung like a mofo and I stumbled. Told me he was only using like 30% power and I was like FML. Then again I'm not conditioned for it at all. I can only imagine how hard a full power leg kick from Edson or Gaethje would be. it's such an underrated weapon, but sometimes I wonder how fighters can withstand that chit and put on a straight face while being spammed on with leg kicks repeatedly. but without a leg to stand on it's hard to do anything.

Yeah that's why I have been trying to perfect it. In my field of work, if it ever does get physical, a nice Gedan Mawashgeri would pretty much put anyone down after a couple of kicks to the outer or inner thigh so I wouldn't have to use any other force other then a kick if it came to it. Punching these days are just too much effort for the post-investigation and all the bull**** that follows.

Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gringo12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If another shin comes into contact with my shin then that's me done, I'm goin home
    Fck u james

Originally Posted by Gringo12 View Post
    If another shin comes into contact with my shin then that's me done, I'm goin home
    Nah mate, i'm talking about a low kick into the guys thighs with the instep of your foot whether it's his outer or inner thigh, not talking about bone on bone contact

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if we are talking street fights I think there is a lot to consider before throwing kicks

for example the surface you're fighting on, could obviously slip on certain surfaces

amount of room, for example in an enclosed space somebody could easily rush you for the split second you are on one leg

also i think it's something thrown after some sort of set-up, or as a counter to somebody swinging wildly

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post

Leaning into the kick to take it will make a huge difference even for someone untrained.

rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rgnx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post

What's your experience with them and what's the best way to go about practicing for it strength and speed wise?
    Learn the proper technique. Takes time to do this.

Best way to learn is to have an experienced pad holder holding Thai pads. This person should be able to correct your technique.

Once you get the basic technique. You can work power well with just a heavy bag.

Watch Saenchai on youtube. Pinnacle of Muay Thai technique. (ok he is up there)

CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very efficient tool to have, especially against someone who is taller and has a longer reach than you.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Love throwing them (especially since I can't get my leg high enough to hit someone in the head).
    Hate receiving them. Was sparing with my coach one time and he kept popping me with a low kick. I told him, "I know you're trying to teach me something, but any time you want to fill me in on what that is...feel free". About that time he popped me with another that left me limping and said, "you're putting all your weight on your front leg...you may want to stop that".
    I stopped that...

The best way to become efficient with the kick is practice slowly with good technique. As that becomes more natural, start speeding it up and add more power (50%). Then continue keeping tight form and adding speed\power.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool Low Kicks are Goat

Low kicks are great for multiple reasons, but here are few:

-When you can manage to kick hard low kicks, you WILL do some serious damage. I have knocked down many times with low kicks.
    -For Bluffs. If you have seen the Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, the Bruce's low kick bluff + high kick is goat. I trained that move and it's really good surprise when sparring.
    -Combinations. Few punches and finish it with low kick...

F#@k, definetly train these low kicks. They are so good for finish moves on combos or bluffing like said above. And I have 10+ years of experience in Martial Arts so I know what I talk about.

ALSO tip:

Harden your shins by doing low intense kicks to trees. I used to do that and kicking the bag with 100% power after that felt like I was kicking a pillow.

edit:

Only downside is if the opponent block by raising his leg, you know what happened to Anderson Silva... But otherwise, start training them and learn to use them at sparring, your fighting skills will develop a lot.
    Check my Martial Arts tricks and other stuff from my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPEMszlQV71Z9SD5BXPuFg

Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love it

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I grappled for five years and dabbled in kickboxing. I have no doubt that our coach could drop a normal dude not well versed in stand up with one good low kick.

The kicking power a top level guy can generate is pretty scary. Even holding pads for my coach hurt and he was almost 50 and hadn't had a fight in years... I couldn't imagine taking a kick from a pro in their prime.

q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty brutal lol. Low kicks/calf kick hurts so freaking bad. Cant imagine getting kicked by someone like gateche or something. I could see why there's a huge surge in calf kicks. I got kicked by a sparring partner in the calf on the nerves one time, had a similar thing happen to me like o'malley/cejudo/chandler

OP will never know cameintodissu's Avatar
    cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000) cameintodissu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On the other hand all it takes is one good check to make the other guy stop kicking