Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Kabuki/Chris Duffin new trap bar

From this instagram post, looks like it could be pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt9MlaChls1/

djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djdizzydave is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Love it!
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

-USAF crew. 20 years and counting!
    *1C3
    *2T3
    *3P0
    -Cleveland Browns crew
    -Ohio State buckeyes crew

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks great. I imagine it's going to be quite expensive with a shipping tag well over $100. I also wonder about the square tubing with any movement where the bar is on your back (cambered squats, yoke carries, etc...).

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My concerns about this bar are the following:
    1. Price (will this be $600+ like every other bar?)
    2. Shipping cost (as Gamecocklifter has pointed out; it'll drop this bar to $700+ easily)
    3. How does this bar compare to the old BioTest Dead-Squat trap bar?
    4. Not that it matters to me, but you can't place this on j-cups for overhead head. Supposedly, some people do this, but I've never met one, lol.

The 25kg/55 lb bar weight, to me, is perfect. It satisfies all of those KG fanatics while letting the majority who use pounds to simply tack an extra 10 lb to the total & call it a day.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the rolling grips. Seems like that would make this bar better for those training grip or strongman. I'm seriously concerned about this, but I am not sure if it actually matters.

At the very least, it's a step in the right direction.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    From this instagram post, looks like it could be pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt9MlaChls1/
    Pretty clever idea. I don't need it nor will I buy it but it is pretty clever
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I could be totally off, but I'm guessing this bar comes in at $700+ with a shipping of $125+. The Eleiko version I believe is $799. I could see this Kabuki bar coming in near that. That will put both bars into the $900's, which would be nearly 35% more than the Intek ModF.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't get the fascination about a trap bar that approaches close to $800, even if it does have a built in stand and other cool features, at the end of the day, it's just a trap bar.

ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What exercises/movements is a person going to do utilizing the open-ended part that they arent better off doing with barbells or dumbells? If/when I get a trap bar for my garage gym, ill probally just go with a Cap Mega Hex Bar for $130.

Originally Posted by ParxPoker View Post
    What exercises/movements is a person going to do utilizing the open-ended part that they arent better off doing with barbells or dumbells? If/when I get a trap bar for my garage gym, ill probally just go with a Cap Mega Hex Bar for $130.
    There’s a lot you can do with it. Whether its better or worse than a barbell or dumbbells is up to the user.

Cambered squats
    Zercher squats
    Zercher carries
    Step ups
    Zercher step ups
    Walking lunges
    Seated deadlifts
    Split squats
    Yoke carries
    Jump outs
    Sprint outs

Etc...

They’re pretty cool pieces, IMO

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't get the fascination about a trap bar that approaches close to $800, even if it does have a built in stand and other cool features, at the end of the day, it's just a trap bar.
    Came to post this.

It's one of those things that nobody needs, people are just told that they need it and they agree.

Also, when did it become so hard to load a barbell? No need for a kickstand/jack, roll that thing up on a 5 and be done with it

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by magicmatt View Post
    Came to post this.

It's one of those things that nobody needs, people are just told that they need it and they agree.

Also, when did it become so hard to load a barbell? No need for a kickstand/jack, roll that thing up on a 5 and be done with it
    Ya in my college powerlifting gym we used to grab 2.5lb plates and roll the end over it.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by magicmatt View Post
    Came to post this.

I agree about this bar but there are people that likely use hex bars for a number of things in their programming. In my garage gym I love my DL jack, would never go back to roll up on plates or the dead wedge. It's not necessary but I love having it
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I really like the idea of a built in jack but not for that price. I don't really love trap bar deadlifts in general but if someone made one with similar features and got the price down to somewhere in the ballpark of the current Rogue trap bar offerings I might pick one up (excluding Titan because lol, no).

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The more versatile the bar the more valuable it is in my eyes.
    If you can do many different things with it the more likely i would buy it.
    It though is very pricey and with shipping would make me think twice about buying.
    Places like EFTfitness sell quality bar products and occasionally have sales and or free shipping.
    I several bars i have paid a premium price on but the one good thing is it's a one time buy and they will last a life time.

Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mitcho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If they try to charge $700-800 plus shipping, they are deadset kidding themselves.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would be interested depending on where it falls on the F-Scale.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I must be missing something here, you all know I’m an equipment snob in most ways when it comes to most bars and most machines but come on here, I’ve got the 150 dollar elitefts trap bar from 2005 built like a nuclear bomb and it flips over as easy as pie to use either handles, knurling sharp as a Texas bar.....guess how I counteracted the pain of loading plates, I went to sears a day after I got it and bought two of those cheap orange coated weider plates that are a half inch bigger circumference than my regular plates for like 25 bucks each and leave them on at all times so I can load the rest of the plates on and off with ease. Been using it once a week for a decade with no issues once, anyone who wants to give that hack duffin more than 250 dollars for that bar that cost me 50 dollars to do the same thing with, that’s on you

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And there’s no way in the world that a bar like that could have the same center of gravity as a regular trap bar with half of it missing, and even if it was, it would still have that placebo effect where I felt like it didn’t every time I used it

The main selling point is the open design. The kickstand is just a nice-to-have feature. These open end trap bars have pretty good balance, but you bring up an important point, and it’s one of the reasons I like the ModF design better - longer handles give more room for hand positions to counteract any potential balance issue. Not to mention you can close that bar in to eliminate it all together. I’m fairly sure they’re going to develop an attachable kickstand too given the modular design.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I would be interested depending on where it falls on the F-Scale.

It lands pretty high on the "F UR WALLET" scale.
    Garage Gym Owner

Yea but that’s what I don’t get I mean what great usages can you get out of not having the front, off the top of my head I would guess lunges, let me honest who does lunges, and it might actually be cool to use with an inclines bench to replicate a chest supported row but that move is perfect with heavy dumbbells anyway

Originally Posted by tombro View Post
    Yea but that’s what I don’t get I mean what great usages can you get out of not having the front, off the top of my head I would guess lunges, let me honest who does lunges, and it might actually be cool to use with an inclines bench to replicate a chest supported row but that move is perfect with heavy dumbbells anyway
    See my post earlier in the thread. There are a good number of uses for them.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Smart design with tilting it up for easy loading. Something that size being 25 kg is a little light though.

ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intek ModF is the best design because you can close the bar. A plate, a brick, a piece of wood, etc can used to jack it up to load plates. Intek is also probally the best price of the premium bars, $535 shipped with the promo code.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Intek ModF is the best design because you can close the bar. A plate, a brick, a piece of wood, etc can used to jack it up to load plates. Intek is also probally the best price of the premium bars, $535 shipped with the promo code.
    Intek also has a really nice online sales team from my experience, they are really nice to deal with and very friendly.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Simply amazing that 2x2 square tubing and some pipe can list for $595. Black Widow's is structurally similar and is $220...just missing the extra handles and being able to take it apart.
    Garage Gym Owner

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Simply amazing that 2x2 square tubing and some pipe can list for $595. Black Widow's is structurally similar and is $220...just missing the extra handles and being able to take it apart.
    I don't disagree that $595 is expensive, but that BWTG bar isn't really structurally similar, IMO. It says in their own product description that loading more than 450 lbs "may bend the bar." It weighs 31 lbs compared to the 65 lbs of the Intek.

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post
    I don't disagree that $595 is expensive, but that BWTG bar isn't really structurally similar, IMO. It says in their own product description that loading more than 450 lbs "may bend the bar." It weighs 31 lbs compared to the 65 lbs of the Intek.
    On Duffin's instagram there's a picture of him with his trap bar loaded to 575kg (1261 pounds).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCaL4vBAo6/

Attached Images

Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    On Duffin's instagram there's a picture of him with his trap bar loaded to 575kg (1261 pounds).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCaL4vBAo6/

Yeah, that bar looks strong af.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GamecockLifter View Post
    I've seen youtube videos of guys with 600 or so on the BW bar, but the 450 rating and lack of high handles is what has kept me away from it. I did see a picture of Titan's new rackable not-rackable bar holding 910 on a rack, so it would be pretty adequate at $215 shipped. Gopher Performance has their Hexcel rackable bar for ~$340 shipped, otherwise the market for rackable bars with high handles is pretty barren until you start looking at the higher priced stuff.