safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bodyfat estimate

Currently cutting and I'm 184lbs at 6 foot 2. Couldn't get a reply in the bodyfat estimate thread so I thought I would ask here. Goal is about 12 percent bodyfat and then will embark on a long term lean bulk. I have very little muscle on my legs which is accounting for the low weight. Will be hitting them hard from now on.

Pics
    https://imgur.com/a/MPl7BHn (unflexed)
    https://imgur.com/a/M73paif. (flexed)

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you cutting?
    Plenty of room to slow bulk and pile on clean lean mass. Id certainly slow bulk.
    Your body, your call entirely.

Hard to say bf% especially without seeing legs.

Arms super vascular, shoulders lean, but trunk looks a litte under developed apposed to excess fat tbh.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Why are you cutting?
    Plenty of room to slow bulk and pile on clean lean mass. Id certainly slow bulk.
    Your body, your call entirely.

Hard to say bf% especially without seeing legs.

Arms super vascular, shoulders lean, but trunk looks a litte under developed apposed to excess fat tbh.
    Thanks for the reply mate. I'll be bulking for a long time after this cut, just wanting to get in the best position so I can bulk for a long time and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing my abs as I never have before. I was thinking another 7lbs and that should do it. I'm not losing any strength cutting so I'm thinking if I'm still maintaining strength then my starting position will be better the lower bodyfat I am. I've got my maintenance calories to a T and will be very meticulous when bulking. My legs carry little muscle but they also carry little fat. Will definitely be hitting them hard from now on

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Currently cutting and I'm 184lbs at 6 foot 2. Couldn't get a reply in the bodyfat estimate thread so I thought I would ask here. Goal is about 12 percent bodyfat and then will embark on a long term lean bulk. I have very little muscle on my legs which is accounting for the low weight. Will be hitting them hard from now on.

Pics
    https://imgur.com/a/MPl7BHn (unflexed)
    https://imgur.com/a/M73paif. (flexed)
    I cannot open any of the pics, don't know why.

I remember looking at the pic you posted in the BF estimation thread and thought you were at like 18% based on that pic, but arms were way leaner than that so maybe lower (16-17% ish or so). I forgot to type a reply though lol

I don't really trust or rely on body fat estimation anymore btw. Based on lighting and angles you can add or remove 1-2% to the estimation easily. And having different people judge BF adds to the variation as there is variation in how people judge BF percentages. So you may end up with the same (or higher) estimate in the BF estimation thread as one year ago even though your body composition actually improved in the meantime. And you can end up with a lower estimate with no actual progress.

The most important measure of progress is whether your waist measurement at your current weight is smaller than last time you were at that weight. And shoulder:waist ratio bigger, arms more vascular and bigger circumference at the same weight etc.
    Last edited by EiFit91; 05-22-2022 at 04:36 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    I cannot open any of the pics, don't know why.

I remember looking at the pic you posted in the BF estimation thread and thought you were at like 18% based on that pic, but arms were way leaner than that so maybe lower (16-17% ish or so). I forgot to type a reply though lol

I don't really trust or rely on body fat estimation anymore btw. Based on lighting and angles you can add or remove 1-2% to the estimation easily. And having different people judge BF adds to the variation as there is variation in how people judge BF percentages. So you may end up with the same (or higher) estimate in the BF estimation thread as one year ago even though your body composition actually improved in the meantime. And you can end up with a lower estimate with no actual progress.

The most important measure of progress is whether your waist measurement at your current weight is smaller than last time you were at that weight. And shoulder:waist ratio bigger, arms more vascular and bigger circumference at the same weight etc.
    Thanks mate. I owe you a few reps so I'll have to start repping and negging people so I can rep you again I'll start measuring my waist that's a good idea to track progress that way. I'm thinking if I drop another 7lbs I should have an outline of abs and I'll post up another pic then. Itching to bulk again but I want to always keep myself somewhat lean from now on so will be trying to do it properly

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    The most important measure of progress is whether your waist measurement at your current weight is smaller than last time you were at that weight.
    IMO the most important measurement is what you see in the mirror at diff points in time, since what everyone is looking at is the same no matter the wide range of bf% guesses.

When someone cuts or bulks is a subjective opinion, so should be a visual preference on how they look overall rather than based on some arbitrary bf #. If someone looking at himself is comfortable that he's lean enough to bulk, then it doesn't matter what his bf % is. It's like when your buddy has a fat, ugly gf who he wants to marry and asks what you think... I tell him "If you're happy, I'm happy."

OP, your pic links don't work.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pics worked for me. Why do you have more veins showing in your right arm than your left?
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    IMO the most important measurement is what you see in the mirror at diff points in time, since what everyone is looking at is the same no matter the wide range of bf% guesses.

When someone cuts or bulks is a subjective opinion, so should be a visual preference on how they look overall rather than based on some arbitrary bf #. If someone looking at himself is comfortable that he's lean enough to bulk, then it doesn't matter what his bf % is. It's like when your buddy has a fat, ugly gf who he wants to marry and asks what you think... I tell him "If you're happy, I'm happy."

OP, your pic links don't work.
    Just takes too damn long to notice visual progress past the first few years of lifting :P

Even a year may not be enough to notice clear progress in the mirror for a very experienced lifter, unless he is already very lean. But you'll still be able to get some sense of measureable progress going by waist measurement. 1 inch off, same weight = Great, I am still progressing even though I seem to look almost the same in my progress pics. At least for me that helps with keeping me motivated for the long haul.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got a friend who has veiny shoulders and arms, but carries his fat in his hips and below.

Basically can't give you an estimate with these pics.

Try relaxed front and side, and then flexed front and side
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    17-20
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I've got a friend who has veiny shoulders and arms, but carries his fat in his hips and below.

I'm similar - I had prominent bicep veins when I was over 20%. Based on the pic I'd guess around 17%, pretty similar to where I'm at now, but I'm a touch shorter and smaller (6'1" and 173lb).

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    17-20
    OP, this was going to be my guess from your past bf% pics, without even being able to open these pics. IIRC you seem to hover in the high teens to low 20s.

This might be a natural sweet spot for you, so consider getting bigger within that range, rather than trying to get too lean depending on how much trouble it is for you.

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post

Here you go mate https://imgur.com/a/LvJACEO (flexed)
    https://imgur.com/a/d1LZrUy (unflexed)

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    I'm similar - I had prominent bicep veins when I was over 20%. Based on the pic I'd guess around 17%, pretty similar to where I'm at now, but I'm a touch shorter and smaller (6'1" and 173lb).
    Cheers mate. General consensus seems about 17 which sounds alright to me. I'll keep cutting til I'm happy

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    OP, this was going to be my guess from your past bf% pics, without even being able to open these pics. IIRC you seem to hover in the high teens to low 20s.

This might be a natural sweet spot for you, so consider getting bigger within that range, rather than trying to get too lean depending on how much trouble it is for you.
    Thanks for the reply mate. You could be right about my sweet spot but I'm hoping to change that. Shame you can't open the pics. I don't feel I'm as high as 20 though. I'm fitting in size 30 inch jeans now where as I had some 32s that were too tight for me when I first started cutting. I've maintained all my strength aswell so far

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate. You could be right about my sweet spot but I'm hoping to change that. Shame you can't open the pics. I don't feel I'm as high as 20 though. I'm fitting in size 30 inch jeans now where as I had some 32s that were too tight for me when I first started cutting. I've maintained all my strength aswell so far
    I think you're 17-19% ish based on the new pics.

17% is about the leanest I got before I got overly focused on food and life quality was reduced, it is what it is.

I'd speculate that adding a lot of mass will make it somewhat easier over time to get leaner and maintain it as your TDEE will be higher from the higher bodyweight. That's what I am trying to do now, just adding as much mass as I can and then eventually try getting somewhat leaner and see if it's easier to maintain it.

For instance in 2020 my waist size at 183 lbs was the same as my current waist size at 195 pounds and it's obviously easier to maintain close to 200 lbs than 183 as my TDEE is higher. Whether I would now find it easier to maintain 17% I don't really know as I haven't tried yet, but that's my hope lol

From that perspective you may want to prioritize your legs as you can probably pile on a lot of mass in your lower body.
    Last edited by EiFit91; 05-23-2022 at 05:20 AM.

- Richard Feynman

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    15-17 is fine.

I'm thinking it's a bad angle or overall posture, there just isn't that much muscle concentration area.

I was 5'11 145lbs and base muscle tissue and a stomach I couldn't stick out. At 6'2 you should look about 10 lbs heavier than I was (in 5'11 lbs) for 13-14%, and it's just not very defined.
    Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 05-23-2022 at 06:17 AM.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    About 17%.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    About tree fiddy

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm going to keep cutting aslong as I can maintain my strength. Thinking I can get to 12 bf in the next 6 weeks so I'll post pics back up then and get your opinions. Cheers