cgmerritt1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Natural Testosterone Support Questions

Hello. I’m 43 yrs. old. I’m currently 6’0, 325 lbs. This is coming down from 400 over the last few years. I’m type 2 diabetic w/high blood pressure. Both a very well under control. My point and questions. I asked my doctor about my testosterone. I was told I’m a “low normal.” My concern is the low part. I know things decline with age. Am I delusional for not wanting to “bow out gracefully” just yet?
    I acknowledge I’ve damaged myself with bad habits, but I’ve put that behind me. I know testosterone is key to much for a man. Sexual health being one, because I’m not how I used to be. Not that, but strength, weight loss, and energy in general. I’m not looking to be a Hulk. I just want to be better. I see many supplements here and other sites. I’d like some real opinions on what’s good and what’s worked? Should I stick with regular tribulus? Blends? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgmerritt1979 View Post
    Hello. I’m 43 yrs. old. I’m currently 6’0, 325 lbs. This is coming down from 400 over the last few years. I’m type 2 diabetic w/high blood pressure. Both a very well under control. My point and questions. I asked my doctor about my testosterone. I was told I’m a “low normal.” My concern is the low part. I know things decline with age. Am I delusional for not wanting to “bow out gracefully” just yet?
    I acknowledge I’ve damaged myself with bad habits, but I’ve put that behind me. I know testosterone is key to much for a man. Sexual health being one, because I’m not how I used to be. Not that, but strength, weight loss, and energy in general. I’m not looking to be a Hulk. I just want to be better. I see many supplements here and other sites. I’d like some real opinions on what’s good and what’s worked? Should I stick with regular tribulus? Blends? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    You might want to focus more on working out & continuing to lose weight, & see how you look/feel once you get closer to 200 lbs. Any lack of strength & energy might be due to your general physical condition & weight, if you're in a normal T range (even if on low end).

If you're looking at supplements though, tribulus is unlikely to do anything for your actual T levels. Might help with libido a little.

cgmerritt1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You might want to focus more on working out & continuing to lose weight, & see how you look/feel once you get closer to 200 lbs. Any lack of strength & energy might be due to your general physical condition & weight, if you're in a normal T range (even if on low end).

If you're looking at supplements though, tribulus is unlikely to do anything for your actual T levels. Might help with libido a little.
    Thank you. Training is work in progress. Making strides. Definitely working to get back into the 200’s. Supplements? Yes. Honestly, I’ve tried tribulus, but I don’t know that it’s worked for me. Always welcome to suggestions.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    “Moderate obesity predominantly decreases total testosterone due to insulin resistance-associated reductions in sex hormone binding globulin. More severe obesity is additionally associated with reductions in free testosterone levels due to suppression of the HPT axis.”

In other words, keep losing weight.

Signed, someone who used to be well over 330 lbs.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I agree with the above, you are chasing the last 0.01% when you will make big health improvements - and most likely hormonal improvements just by losing weight and eating healthier foods. It's mostly a numbers game - keep calories low consistently over a long time. I would suggest restricting your diet to unprocessed foods like vegetables of all kinds, fruit, meat, eggs, beans, lentils etc.

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    “Moderate obesity predominantly decreases total testosterone due to insulin resistance-associated reductions in sex hormone binding globulin. More severe obesity is additionally associated with reductions in free testosterone levels due to suppression of the HPT axis.”

In other words, keep losing weight.

Signed, someone who used to be well over 330 lbs.
    Agree with this. Keep the trajection of weight lose going and doing what you're doing. Having diet and training on point will get you better results than any supplement can.

cltitus0318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Going through low-t for 2 years before actually getting on it. Over the counter supplements really do nothing. I was in the low 100 tried the over the counter and the diet/working out only brought me to the high 100. I am not a heavy dude by any means but majority of the research shows that the lower your bf is compared to your lean mass tends to rise testosterone levels like BigginerGainz said believe me it's a real struggle.

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm a believer in supplements to increase testosterone but haven't ever been tested, so maybe placebo? But IMO you know when a supplement is working after you stop. I did stop taking DIM and Macuna Pruriens for a month about a year ago and fell apart in the gym, so went back on them for life.

I would cut down on carbs, keep protein high and you need fat because testosterone is synthesized from cholesterol. You burn more calories by digesting protein than carbs or fat and makes you feel fuller, so you will eat less. I also think the following are important: zinc, magnesium and avena sativa. Avena Sativa for libido - still wake up every morning with the EMB.

You're a young man still at 43. Avatar I'm in my 50's. I'm 54 now and same weight. I go to the gym 5 days a week, bike up to 40 miles at a time, and train jiu jitsu with kids in their 20's and early 30's. I'm older than their dads.
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Willing to create a thread "Is Paul Jerome a Larp" if anyone with a username 5 years or older accuses me of fraud. Any takers?

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgmerritt1979 View Post
    Every captain obvious in here will remind you that diet, exercise, lifestyle etc should be your primary focus and since they’re all highly brilliant that makes them correct! But, you’re in a supplement forum looking for a bit more so I’ll carry on.

Start off with vitamin D3 (with added vitamin K). Get your levels tested, aim for over 80 (I’ve taken 10,000 a day for years and hover around 80-90).

Eat a few Brazil nuts daily (two in the am two in the pm), that’ll cover your selenium.

Boron is a mineral that has been shown to raise free test levels and helps with joint pains.

When dieting, your levels WILL drop initially. I just went through a cut and saw that happen…when I wasn’t as lean my levels were higher than any natural guy I know. Being a bada$$ helps too but I was way off the charts. Even with that, the diet killed my levels to a slightly above average man (the same kind that will scold you for even asking about supplementing to supports healthy test levels).

I’d also look into zma since it’s a combo of zinc and magnesium, if you wanna go the extra mile and test your red blood cell magnesium that would be optimal but for now spend the 15 bucks a month and consider zma cheap insurance.

Assuming you’re not poor like many of the members in here who are terrified of spending big bucks on supplements, you can look into a top notch t booster down the line. I use one that has been very consistent in raising my levels each and every time when I do before and after blood labs but I’d wait on that until you get the rest of your routine in order.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PaulJerome View Post

You're a young man still at 43. Avatar I'm in my 50's. I'm 54 now and same weight. I go to the gym 5 days a week, bike up to 40 miles at a time, and train jiu jitsu with kids in their 20's and early 30's. I'm older than their dads.
    I compete in the “master 4” bracket in ibjjf (I’m 47). Tapping gents 20
    Plus years younger especially when they’re heavier is unfortunately satisfying to me. Keep us proud brother, OSS!

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    I compete in the “master 4” bracket in ibjjf (I’m 47). Tapping gents 20
    Plus years younger especially when they’re heavier is unfortunately satisfying to me. Keep us proud brother, OSS!
    It should be. Defying your age. Most of my friends are making a lot of money but are way overweight and look older than their true age.

I had a brother 6'3". I asked him: "hey Phil how much do you weigh?"

Phil: "I don't know the scale only goes to 400"

Phil died last year weighing 430 pounds. Because of his weight, they charged extra for the cremation. Health is way more important than anything else. A man would trade every penny of his retirement if he was bed-ridden to be healthy again.
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Willing to create a thread "Is Paul Jerome a Larp" if anyone with a username 5 years or older accuses me of fraud. Any takers?

Originally Posted by PaulJerome View Post
    It should be. Defying your age. Most of my friends are making a lot of money but are way overweight and look older than their true age.

I had a brother 6'3". I asked him: "hey Phil how much do you weigh?"

Phil: "I don't know the scale only goes to 400"

Phil died last year weighing 430 pounds. Because of his weight, they charged extra for the cremation. Health is way more important than anything else. A man would trade every penny of his retirement if he was bed-ridden to be healthy again.
    That’s a horrible story, I’m so sorry you and your family had to go through that