justinlinz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IF timing question

Hey guys i've been doing IF for about 3 weeks now and getting decent results. Just wondering I usually work out at around 4:30am, have bcaa's during workout and around 9am again but don't break the fast until noon. Is that a bad thing? I usually consume 200+g's of protein in my eating window. I am just wondering if I should be eating closer to my workout? Since I always read there is that magic 30 minute window after workout you should be consuming carbs and protein.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by justinlinz View Post
    Hey guys i've been doing IF for about 3 weeks now and getting decent results. Just wondering I usually work out at around 4:30am, have bcaa's during workout and around 9am again but don't break the fast until noon. Is that a bad thing? I usually consume 200+g's of protein in my eating window. I am just wondering if I should be eating closer to my workout? Since I always read there is that magic 30 minute window after workout you should be consuming carbs and protein.

If IF works for you(lifestyle) - thats great.

But please remember, meal timing is irrelevant, for weight loss(fat) or weight gain(muscle)
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ive never been a fan of the intermittent fast and all that. I know the science looks good, but for some reason the science doesnt seem to translate to real life and that pains me because I am BIG on science and literature backing what people are doing/trying. Its always good to consume a hefty amount of carbs and protein around your workout due to the anabolic window, but if you look at all the pros and top level bodybuilders, almost NONE of them fast for ANY period of time, even when contest prepping to get lean and shredded. Its six-seven meals a day without fail. This intermittent fast thing seems to be along the way of the cardio on an empty stomach bunk which has been proven to be a myth. IMO, wether dieting or bulking, six evenly spaced meals is the way to go. Its tried and true and never seems to fail. Best of luck though!

mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mighty90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by suprhulk28 View Post
    Ive never been a fan of the intermittent fast and all that. I know the science looks good, but for some reason the science doesnt seem to translate to real life and that pains me because I am BIG on science and literature backing what people are doing/trying. Its always good to consume a hefty amount of carbs and protein around your workout due to the anabolic window, but if you look at all the pros and top level bodybuilders, almost NONE of them fast for ANY period of time, even when contest prepping to get lean and shredded. Its six-seven meals a day without fail. This intermittent fast thing seems to be along the way of the cardio on an empty stomach bunk which has been proven to be a myth. IMO, wether dieting or bulking, six evenly spaced meals is the way to go. Its tried and true and never seems to fail. Best of luck though!
    u do realize "pro bodybuilders" eat close to 10k calories and train 3-5 hours daily? try to eat that in 8 hours window
    and 90% ppl on this forum is not even close to pro or is ever going to be..so meal timing is irrelevant
    science>your opinion

OP, eat whatever you want whenever you want just hit your macros

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mighty90 View Post
    u do realize "pro bodybuilders" eat close to 10k calories and train 3-5 hours daily?
    this surely is not correct?
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH