Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)

*** The delicious "cut-friendly" recipe thread ***

The delicious "cut friendly" recipe thread

First off, much thanks to the illustrious Emma-Leigh for hooking up the the sticky on this. She is hereby awarded internets. Internets awarded!

I thought it would be a spectacular idea if we could get a recipe thread up for the Losing Fat forum. The keto forum has their own recipes subforum geared towards their specific dietary goals (recipes that are low in carbs, high in protein, etc), so we should have one geared towards our specific dietary needs. But until we get our own forum, a sticky should do the trick.

In this thread, post recipes that are ideal for "cutting" or losing weight. Some qualities that would make a recipe ideal for this purpose are:

1) Being low in calories
    2) Being satiating
    3) Being a lower-cal version of other "less diet friendly" high-cal foods
    4) Being high in protein
    5) Causing you to thank the diety of your choice that such a food could possibly exist and yet be so low cal
    6) Causing you to engage in philosophical cogitation about how the perceptual quality of "tasting good" and the physical quality of a food "being bad for you" really aren't all that related

If you have a recipe that meets any of the above criteria - post it up!

A final note: it is not required, but strongly encouraged, that you post the nutritional facts of your recipe as well.
    At the very least, posting how many calories and grams of protein your recipe has per serving would help everyone out. (as well as how many servings your recipe makes)

Some of you have lost hundreds of pounds and must have come up with some delicious recipes to stay sane by now. So post them up

Now post!
    Last edited by Insight; 03-23-2010 at 11:27 PM.

susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You speak just like my ex-professor at my university hehe!! so formal!

I have used few recipes from an amazing site, which I will post in so that everyone can check it out.

These are few I have tried

Frozen Banana Protein Ice Cream

Ingredients

* 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces before freezing
    * 2 tbsp skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
    * ½ scoop (16 g) vanilla whey protein powder

Directions

Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and whipped-looking. Using a spatula, scrape “ice cream” into serving bowl. Enjoy!

Tip: If the banana gets mashed and stuck on the bottom of the container so the blades can’t get to it, just add a little more milk to get it moving.
    Nutritional Info

Makes 1 serving

Calories: 181
    Fat: 1 g
    Carbs: 31 g
    Protein: 14 g
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Protein Pancakes

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup rolled oats
    * 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
    * 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    * 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
    * 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    * 1 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup water
    * pinch of salt
    * 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
    * 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

* cooking spray or coconut oil
    * agave syrup

Direction

1. Heat medium size skillet to medium heat.
    2. Place the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until incorporated thoroughly.
    3. Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
    4. Coat the skillet with oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the skillet.
    5. After bubbles begin to form around the edges, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
    6. Remove pancake and continue to cook the rest of the cakes.
    7. Serve with agave syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc.

Tip: Place cooked pancakes in a slightly warmed oven, to keep the heated while you finish making the rest of the batch.

Yields 4 servings.
    Nutrition

Per pancake

Calories: 111
    Fat: 2 g
    Carbs: 12.5 g
    Protein: 12 g

Chocolate Protein Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup 2% ***e plain yogurt
    * 1 serving (32g) chocolate whey protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition Natural)
    * 1 tbsp water
    * 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh
    * 1 tbsp Uncle Sam cereal

Directions

Add yogurt, protein powder, and water to food processor and blend together. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor container to ensure that the protein powder is thoroughly incorporated.

Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl. Top with blueberries and Uncle Sam. Indulge… and feel good about it!

Nutritional Info

1 serving

Calories: 282
    Fat: 5.5 g
    Carbs: 21 g
    Protein: 39 g

Note: For less calories and/or protein, use ½ scoop of protein powder rather than a full serving. You could also add cocoa powder for more chocolatey flavor!

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients

* 1 tbsp ground cumin
    * 1 tsp onion powder
    * 1 tsp garlic powder
    * 1/2 tsp chili powder
    * 1/2 tsp salt
    * 1/2 tsp black pepper
    * 1 tbsp olive oil + drizzle
    * 2 medium size sweet potatoes (about 16 oz total)

Directions

Preheat oven to 500° F. Cover baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) or skip this step. Drizzle a little olive oil onto baking sheet and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly.

I like to coat the baking sheet as well as add a thin coating of oil on the fries themselves, to ensure that they do not stick (without having to add massive amounts of oil).

In a small bowl, mix spices together with a fork. Set aside.

Cut sweet potatoes into ½” x ½” fries. I tend to slice the potato stick in half as well if the potatoes are really long. I leave the skin on, for nutritional purposes as well as for the extra crispiness that it adds.

In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes and oil, and toss with one hand. With your other hand, add the spice mixture a sprinkle at a time, and continue to toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.

Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional Info

4 serving = per serving

Calories: 164
    Fat: 4 g
    Carbs: 32 g
    Protein: 2 g

Check for more recipes here
    w w w . livewell360 . com / category / recipes/

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation Chicken and Black Bean Chili (HOT)

In a large hot skillet, ligtly oiled (I use PAM Olive oil spray), combine these ingredients until chicken is cooked and has developed a nice carmelization. Using a very hot skillet works best as you want to get extra flavor from the carmelized meat and veggies.
    -4 large Chicken Breasts (defrosted and cubed into 1/2 inch or smaller cubes)
    -1 onion diced
    -3 gloves garliced minced
    -1 red bell pepper diced

At the same time put all of these ingredients into a large pot over a medium heat until it begins to simmer. Then back the heat off and keep it over a low heat.
    -4 oz. chicken stock
    -1 can of black beans (drained)
    -1 can of stewed tomatoes
    -1 can of diced tomatoes
    -1 small can of diced jalopenos
    -24 oz. of v8 juice (I use spicy, but you can opt for lite if calories are scarce)
    -Chili powder (to your prefered amount of spiciness... I love mine hot)
    -Coarse Black pepper (to your liking on how much)
    -a few pinches of kosher salt
    -Hot sauce (add enough until you get the desired heat from the chili you'd like. I add ALOT)

Once the chicken and veggies are cooked combine them in the pot and allow to simmer together for at least an hour. This dish is actually best eaten the day after because the flavors tend to mesh together and you taste the dish more as a whole intead of as individual ingredients.

Sorry no calorie counts since ingredients vary so much... just add em up as you go along. Makes about 8 serving though.... or 2 for me
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And -->> STUCK! Happy eating, peoples! (but not too much.... ).

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thought that people would also appreciate these:
    EPICURIOUS VIDEO - Technique videos for cooking (baking/ boiling/ whipping etc)

MODIFYING RECIPES TO BE HEALTHIER - Gives examples of ingredients to use to make things lower fat/ higher fibre/ lower sugar etc.

FOOD SUBS RESOURCE - A site which gives you information on different foods as well as substitutes for their use in recipes

FOOD SAFETY TOPICS - Lots of links to things such as STORAGE TIMES FOR FOODS.

DECREASING THE CALORIES IN GROUND BEEF
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 03-26-2010 at 12:42 PM.

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbd to another awesome insight thread. Thanks man
    Reps for life: Iccyman001, Janky
    ---
    --

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some great recipes in here, I know I'll be trying some this week!

One of my personal favorites, MEATLOAF!

Ingredients-

1lb Ground turkey
    1 cup green pepper
    1 cup white onion
    2 carrots
    1/4 tsp Tuscan spices

Directions-

Dice the green pepper and white onion; grate the 2 carrots. Ground the turkey meat. Mix well with 1/4 teaspoon Tuscan spices. Spray loaf pan with Pam, Pack turkey loaf mixture in pan, bake at 350 till crisp.

Makes 4 servings: 295 calories, 32g protein, 7g carbs, 15g fat per serving (good source of Vitamin A).
    If that is too large a serving, you can cut each in half and get 8 servings: 148calories, 16g protein, 3.5g carbs, 7.5g fat per serving.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's a desert that I found:

Protein Brownies

Ingredients-

2/3 cup protein powder (I use ON 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate)
    2/3 cup wheat flour, whole grain
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 cup SPLENDA granular
    6 egg whites
    1 egg, large
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions-

Mix dry together, mix applesauce with cocoa, splenda, eggs and vanilla. Mix together bake in ungreased pan for 30-35 min at 350F.

Makes 16 servings (1 serving = 1 brownie): 70 calories, 7g protein, 10g carb, 2g fat per serving.
    Last edited by robbie_vlad; 03-24-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Insight, I like this..very good idea to spread the knowledge of low-cal grubbin'! Well I've posted this before in Wave's threads but I think it'll be smart to throw it in here as well....

SHIRATAKI NOODLES- google them...they basically have 0 calories. They noodles that you do NOT have to cook, you just take them out of the bag and give them a quick water rinse and bam, you're good to go! They are good for adding or substituting for normal pasta, noodles, or rice. I eat them for lunch everyday with a piece of beef or chicken and all I have to count is the beef and chicken b/c the noodles have 0 calories! They don't have much of a taste of their own, they're more known for soaking up the flavors of what you add with it due to their texture. I believe they also have good health benefits! Check them out!

BUFFALO/HOT/TABASCO SAUCE-These are great additions to anyone's diet who are looking to cut calories. Not only do most hot sauces have 00000 calories, but they taste great! I substitute hot sauce for bbq sauce or even mayo etc...things that have like 200 calories per usage.
    I lift real heavy weights all the time but unless you saw me in the weight room you'd never know because I eat way too much food and I can't figure out how to stop!

King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Dude, the Shirataki noodles sound amazing. I added them to the list. I've done some research and it seems like there are two kinds of shirataki noodles: the kind with tofu (which have a trace amount of calories, like 40 for the entire bag or so) and the kind without (which have zero cals). Which kind do you usually use and how do they taste? I hear that the tofu ones are better enough that they're worth the extra miniscule amount of cals.
    Just tried the tofu kind last night. They're kinda fishy and have a really chewy texture but that could be fixed up if you put some effort into preparing them. I didn't I just put a little soy sauce on them lol, not the tastiest way to eat them I'm sure. Definitely worth checking out though.

Dude, the Shirataki noodles sound amazing. I added them to the list. I've done some research and it seems like there are two kinds of shirataki noodles: the kind with tofu (which have a trace amount of calories, like 40 for the entire bag or so) and the kind without (which have zero cals). Which kind do you usually use and how do they taste? I hear that the tofu ones are better enough that they're worth the extra miniscule amount of cals.
    Been around for AGES - tried and true japanese secret for weight loss and general health.

And a few places you can get lots of different varieties:
    http://www.miraclenoodle.com/
    http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

And stacks of recipes here:
    http://shirataki-noodles.recipesilove.com/sitemap-all/
    http://shirataki-noodles.com/shirata...e-recipes.html

Hungry girl also did some good recipe ideas:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week...s.php?isid=896

For what to do with them? I normally stir fry mine. They don't go well without cooking (too slimy). But cooked up with a stack of vegetables and some meat or eggs they are yummy [They go really well with wakami and spinach].

ps - I would be careful with eating too much too soon - some people find they cause a bit of gastric upset!

They mean INSOLUBLE fiber, right? soluble fiber is like 2.2 cals/g, although counted as 4 cals/g in the states... :\
    This is the other 'catch'.

It is, actually, a soluble fibre - made from the japanese yam Konjac - http://www.konjacfoods.com/
    http://www.glucomannan.com/

A little more on it:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14983741

So, yes, depending on the water content of the noodle - it WILL have some calories....

Yeah, but it says that 3 oz of it has zero cals. Does that mean that every 3 oz of noodles has less than 1 gram of fiber? What's the rest made out of?

edit: just saw this:

That explains that then.
    ^
    And, labels lie.

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english...ition_cal.html

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    High Protein Burger (HOT)

4oz chicken breast (depends on what you want)
    Non-stick spray
    4 Egg
    2cloves garlic
    1/3 can of tuna (drained)
    2 slice of white bread or wheat bread (your choice)

Seasoning: Meat tenderizer, pepper, chili powder, chili sauce, salt

1. Heat up your pan, use non-stick spray and throw 1 clove of garlic.

2. Take your 4oz chicken breast, put some meat tenderizer, then put your chicken in the breast with the garlic.

3. Mix 3 white egg + 1 full egg to a cup, also put in 1 clove of garlic and 1/3 can of tuna drained, put some chili powder and salt in it, stir it till fully mixed.

4. After your chicken well-done, DO NOT wash your pan! and put non-stick spray (just very little) then pour number 3

5. After your Egg well-done, make a sandwich using your bread + egg + chicken breast, put some chili sauce for better taste

I am new to this cooking thing, but this menu works for me pretty well.

Hope it helps

Serving around: 575cals (depending on your chicken breast and tuna)

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice, do you know how much protein is in it?
    According to SparkPeople, it has 62protein, 45carbs, 29fats (since I use corn oil)

syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by susy99 View Post
    You speak just like my ex-professor at my university hehe!! so formal!

I have used few recipes from an amazing site, which I will post in so that everyone can check it out.

These are few I have tried

Frozen Banana Protein Ice Cream

Ingredients

* 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces before freezing
    * 2 tbsp skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
    * ½ scoop (16 g) vanilla whey protein powder

Directions

Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and whipped-looking. Using a spatula, scrape “ice cream” into serving bowl. Enjoy!

Tip: If the banana gets mashed and stuck on the bottom of the container so the blades can’t get to it, just add a little more milk to get it moving.
    Nutritional Info

Makes 1 serving

Calories: 181
    Fat: 1 g
    Carbs: 31 g
    Protein: 14 g

Protein Pancakes

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup rolled oats
    * 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
    * 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    * 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
    * 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    * 1 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup water
    * pinch of salt
    * 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
    * 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

* cooking spray or coconut oil
    * agave syrup

Direction

1. Heat medium size skillet to medium heat.
    2. Place the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until incorporated thoroughly.
    3. Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
    4. Coat the skillet with oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the skillet.
    5. After bubbles begin to form around the edges, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
    6. Remove pancake and continue to cook the rest of the cakes.
    7. Serve with agave syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc.

Tip: Place cooked pancakes in a slightly warmed oven, to keep the heated while you finish making the rest of the batch.

Yields 4 servings.
    Nutrition

Per pancake

Calories: 111
    Fat: 2 g
    Carbs: 12.5 g
    Protein: 12 g

Chocolate Protein Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup 2% ***e plain yogurt
    * 1 serving (32g) chocolate whey protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition Natural)
    * 1 tbsp water
    * 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh
    * 1 tbsp Uncle Sam cereal

Directions

Add yogurt, protein powder, and water to food processor and blend together. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor container to ensure that the protein powder is thoroughly incorporated.

Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl. Top with blueberries and Uncle Sam. Indulge… and feel good about it!

Nutritional Info

1 serving

Calories: 282
    Fat: 5.5 g
    Carbs: 21 g
    Protein: 39 g

Note: For less calories and/or protein, use ½ scoop of protein powder rather than a full serving. You could also add cocoa powder for more chocolatey flavor!

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients

* 1 tbsp ground cumin
    * 1 tsp onion powder
    * 1 tsp garlic powder
    * 1/2 tsp chili powder
    * 1/2 tsp salt
    * 1/2 tsp black pepper
    * 1 tbsp olive oil + drizzle
    * 2 medium size sweet potatoes (about 16 oz total)

Directions

Preheat oven to 500° F. Cover baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) or skip this step. Drizzle a little olive oil onto baking sheet and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly.

I like to coat the baking sheet as well as add a thin coating of oil on the fries themselves, to ensure that they do not stick (without having to add massive amounts of oil).

In a small bowl, mix spices together with a fork. Set aside.

Cut sweet potatoes into ½” x ½” fries. I tend to slice the potato stick in half as well if the potatoes are really long. I leave the skin on, for nutritional purposes as well as for the extra crispiness that it adds.

In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes and oil, and toss with one hand. With your other hand, add the spice mixture a sprinkle at a time, and continue to toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.

Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional Info

4 serving = per serving

Calories: 164
    Fat: 4 g
    Carbs: 32 g
    Protein: 2 g

Check for more recipes here
    w w w . livewell360 . com / category / recipes/
    omg protine pankcakes your my new fav person +rep

mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Which kind do you usually use and how do they taste? I hear that the tofu ones are better enough that they're worth the extra miniscule amount of cals.
    I've actually had both kinds and the only difference in taste is that the tofu ones are a bit more "meaty" if you will. I prefer the 0 calories ones simply because they have less calories and usually are cheaper. But since I add a piece of protein and some buffalo sauce to the equation, that difference in taste is small. I'm glad to see people are reluctant to try, they're a staple in my cut.
    I lift real heavy weights all the time but unless you saw me in the weight room you'd never know because I eat way too much food and I can't figure out how to stop!

RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RogueSatchmo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mrpacijr View Post
    I've actually had both kinds and the only difference in taste is that the tofu ones are a bit more "meaty" if you will. I prefer the 0 calories ones simply because they have less calories and usually are cheaper. But since I add a piece of protein and some buffalo sauce to the equation, that difference in taste is small. I'm glad to see people are reluctant to try, they're a staple in my cut.
    Yeah, I stumbled across these a couple of weeks ago. I bought the tofu type, but two servings is only 40 cals, which i can deal with. Other than being a bit slimy, they taste just like the real thing, just a 20 cals compared to 210. With any luck, they'll be a staple in my diet too.
    The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion.

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here's another good one I just kinda threw together and that came out really good.

Whey Protein Bar Recipe:

1 1/2 cups ON 100% Whey
    3/4 cup Skim Milk
    1/2 cup Natty PB
    1/3 cup Oatmeal
    50 Crushed Peanuts

Mix thoroughly, then freeze for 2-3 hours in a rectangular pan lined with wax paper. Cut into 10 bars. Enjoy.

Nutrition:

Serving Size: 1 Bar
    Per Serving-
    Calories: 150
    Protein: 14g
    Carbs: 11g
    Fat: 7g
    Last edited by robbie_vlad; 03-26-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One of my favorite meals is made with shredded zuccihni is chicken parmesan over shredded zuccihni topped with pasta sauce.

Coat the chicken breast in an egg white (2 if it's a larger one), drag through a mixture 1/4 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese until covered. Bake in the oven at 350 until done (about 20 minutes). While the chicken is baking, shred about 2-3 cups of zuccihni (about 2 mediums sized ones) and cook on medium heat adding garlic powder and Mrs. Dash to taste. Add a cup of sauce (jar of whatever brand) to the cooked zucchini and cook until sauce is hot. When both chicken and zuccihni are done add the zucchini to a plate and slice the chicken into strips and place on top ( or mix into) the zucchini and sauce mix.

Sodium levels are high in this but it's a large portion for around 400 calories and about 35-40 grams of protein. Pretty tasty and filling as well.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I fell in love with this recipe, as my grandmother made it on numerous occasions when I was younger. It's super simple as well.

1 package Sugar free GREEN jello
    1 or 2 (depending on size) Grated Carrots
    Diced Pineapple (optional)

It's a no brainer, so just heat up and mix/stir up the jello, add the grated carrots and pineapple and enjoy a couple hours later. The carrots add a great texture that makes it taste a lot fuller than just plain jello which never does the job for me. Fresh pineapple goes great, but canned works too. (Or you can skip it all together)

It tastes great, and very low cal.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    page 2
    Last edited by wlknier; 03-26-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: .
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fajitas

Boil:
    Any amount and type of chicken meat, any type, remove bones after cooking if needed, boiled for 45 min, shredded with fork after

Sautee:
    1 any of big onion you prefer, diced, chopped
    3-4 Bell Peppers, de-seeded, chopped into thin 1"-2" long strips

Stir Together:
    1 fajita seasoning packet per 1lb chicken used
    1/2 cup water per fajita seasoning packet used(use water you boiled chicken in, aka chicken broth)
    Onions
    Peppers
    Shredded Chicken

Let water simmer out

Serve with:
    Low carb or (carb option)whole wheat tortillas/wraps

Note: This is can be another low carb meal. The meal is very high in protein and fiber and low fat as well. I tend to buy the frozen packets of peppers. They're usually already sliced and ready to roll. Also frozen vegetables contain more nutrients than fresh as they've been picked at the ripeness and flash frozen. Fresh vegetables are often picked immaturely as to survive the trip to your plate. Frozen > Canned > Fresh!

Chicken Salad

Boil:
    Any amount and type of chicken meat, any type, remove bones after cooking if needed, boiled for 45 min, shredded with fork after

Stir in with fork:
    1 oz chopped nuts of your choice for every 16 oz chicken
    1 oz light mayo/miracle whip for every 3 oz chicken
    3-4 stalks of celery, chopped, diced
    (carb option)8oz sliced green grapes

Serve with:
    low carb or (carb option)whole wheat tortillas/wraps

Note: This is be a very low carb, high protein, moderate healthy fats and high fiber meal. I estimate roughly 300 cals per serving(6.5oz chicken salad + tortilla). If you use more dark meat than breasts, add some cals as dark meat has more fat. I prefer using a mix of the two as it makes the meat very tender, great for shredding. I also like to use a whole chicken, gizzards removed and crock pot the hell out of it for 12hrs on low. The bones are a bit tedious to pick out but the meat is stunning.
    Last edited by wlknier; 03-26-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: .
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

Registered User HerbertKobyashi's Avatar
    HerbertKobyashi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breakfast Burrito

I cook these all the time for lunch or breakfast, they are incredibly delicious and low cal.

Ingredients:

Carton of egg whites - 30 cal per serving, 16 servings per carton (using 3-4 servings)

Whole wheat wrap - ~160 calories

2 2% cheddar slices - 45 cal per slice

Salsa - any kind, calories negligible

Cilantro

Scallions

Chili powder - 1 teaspoon

Cumin - 1 teaspoon

Heat the wheat wrap in the micro for about 20 seconds, making it more pliable. Then lay a couple slices down the middle of the wrap. Cut up some cilantro and scallions (just a little), and put that to the side. Pour 3-4 servings of egg whites into a pan and add the scallions and cilantro. Scramble the eggs, the lay them on top of the cheesed wrap. Sprinkle on the cumin and chili powder and top with some salsa.

The whole this comes to ~370 calories with all the ingredients above. Pretty low in fat, high in protein, and a nice amount of carbs. You can even subtract the cheese and make it a sub 300 cal meal that still pretty filling. The spices are key to making the egg whites a little more enjoyable.

OP or a Mod should organize all of the recipes into the first post so people don't have to hunt through to find something. When this gets to 3 or 4+ pages that would be a huge PITA.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Blueberry Pancakes

2 eggs or 1 cup egg whites
    2 scoops of vanilla/unflavored whey
    2 packets of splenda
    4 tbsp of pancake mix or 1/4 cup of oats

Mix it all up in a bowl
    if its too thick add a little skim milk or water
    if its too watery add a little more pancake mix/oats or whey

Spray a frying pan with some Pam and put it on medium heat

pour the pancake mix in after about a minute top the uncooked side with blueberries and give it another minute to let them settle in. Than flip the pancake and let it finish cooking.

Top it with smart balance butter and sugar free syrup.

Calories: 520 calories- 35g carbs, 65g protein
    with egg whites: 500 calories- 35g carbs, 75g protein

syrup and butter adds about 50-75 calories depending on how much you use.

I usually make 2 pancakes with this recipe so it end up being about 300 cals per pancake.
    EBOL/CBOL/Bioforge log (completed):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=446424971&posted=1#post446424971

Sponsored Magnum Heat Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=470962551#post470962551

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll have to test out some recipes and look into how much calories, protein, etc etc they have later.

In the mean time, for those that want to look up said info on various foods like raw veggies and such:

NUTRITIONDATA
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

yuck @ all the recipes involving whey...don't try to live off the stuff, its not meant for cooking, its meant for supplementing your diet(if you need it)...stick with whole foods as best as you can for all your macronutrient requirements
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisBK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried the sweet potato one, and added some cinnamon to the ingredients, and think that next time I'll just use cinnamon alone. ( : Delish

I wanted to get a subforum but the admins declined it apparently, for some reason. Probably because of board issues. So this is the best we have so far - the search function will be helpful when it comes to looking for what you want
    You should try to organize all of the recipes into the first post though so they're all on one page to make it easier to find a certain recipe. Just copy and past them into the first post with credits to whoever posted it. It shouldn't be that labor intensive.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.