LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk or cut first? 6ft | 153lbs

Hey guys. I've been out of gym for a while and have lost a considerable amount of strength. I'm going to maintain for a while to get some strength back and then I'll either bulk or cut.

I don't know whether to bulk or cut. If I cut I'll feel and look really small. I already feel small. But I already don't like the fat I have in my belly area and a bulk will obviously make that worse.

What do you guys think?

Height: 181cm/6ft
    Weight: 70kg/154lbs
    Attached Images

shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Neither...

From the looks of it you haven't really even built up your base to justify either.

Best advice I could give is eat enough carbs, fat, and protein. Workout regularly for a few months, and keep track of your weight and how you look in the mirror. After a few months go from there and decide if bulking or cutting is in order. You still have your newbie gains to make.
    Just keep on going.

LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LankMans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shadow_flare View Post
    Neither...

From the looks of it you haven't really even built up your base to justify either.

Best advice I could give is eat enough carbs, fat, and protein. Workout regularly for a few months, and keep track of your weight and how you look in the mirror. After a few months go from there and decide if bulking or cutting is in order. You still have your newbie gains to make.
    So should I eat in a maintenance? Or do you recommend a small calorie deficit to shed fat.