Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Walmart rotisserie chicken

I'm looking to get my BF down, and sometimes I pick up a Walmart rotisserie chicken when I'm on the road or in a hurry. I'd never eat fried, and I wanted to check and see if others also eat Walmart chicken? Assuming I take the skin off, I'm hoping it's an acceptable lowfat option. It *does* seem greasy, but it can't be grease, since it's not fried. I'm hoping it's just natural juices.

Any input appreciated.
    Last edited by Arnoldfan; 11-21-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Whatever you feed - grows. Whatever you starve - dies.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Arnoldfan View Post
    I'm looking to get my BF down, and sometimes I pick up a Walmart rotisserie chicken. I'd never eat fried, and I wanted to check and see if others also eat Walmart chicken? Assuming I take the skin off, I'm hoping it's an acceptable lowfat option. It *does* seem greasy, but it can't be grease, since it's not fried. I'm hoping it's just natural juices.

Any input appreciated.
    I was wondering the same thing. If you look up "Rotisserie Chicken Nutrition Info" the results aren't too good. But, my question is why? I mean, do they inject the things with lard or something??

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kgartin View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. If you look up "Rotisserie Chicken Nutrition Info" the results aren't too good. But, my question is why? I mean, do they inject the things with lard or something??
    Good question I have noticed when I buy one of these at my local grocery store that there is alot of "liquid" in the bottom of the container. I just put a large knife or fork in the body cavity and pick it up and out of the container and let the liquid drain. my dog gets the skin and the liquid.

AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Walmart Rotisserie Chicken

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 3oz (84g)

Calories 170 Calories from Fat 100
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 10g 15%
    Saturated Fat 3g 15%
    Monounsaturated Fat 4g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 60mg 20%
    Sodium 650mg 27%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 20g 40%

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a pretty good feeling that sodium is too blame in these chickens. I think that they soak them in salt water or something like that to plump them up. Of course they do this with cheap chickens also.

I did an experiment a week ago or so and made a chicken in a crock pot. I added what equalled 1 lbs of water.

When it was cooked there was 3.5 lbs of liquid in the pot. So this leads some credence to my thinking.

Its really the skin where you are going to run into trouble so if you take that off t is fine to eat it. I ate rotisserie chicken from the store everyday for over a year and lost 130 lbs in the process so it cant be all bad.

The most dangerous one for me is at the mexican market up the street.

A whole chicken with tortillas, rice, beans, salsa is $6.99 The chicken by itself is only $4.99. They also make every kind of burrito you can imagine for $2.69 and 15 pieces of fried chicken are $6.99.

This is a dangerous place.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    Good question I have noticed when I buy one of these at my local grocery store that there is alot of "liquid" in the bottom of the container. I just put a large knife or fork in the body cavity and pick it up and out of the container and let the liquid drain. my dog gets the skin and the liquid.
    You are definitely your dog's best bud.

AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    I have a pretty good feeling that sodium is too blame in these chickens. I think that they soak them in salt water or something like that to plump them up. Of course they do this with cheap chickens also.

I did an experiment a week ago or so and made a chicken in a crock pot. I added what equalled 1 lbs of water.

When it was cooked there was 3.5 lbs of liquid in the pot. So this leads some credence to my thinking.

Its really the skin where you are going to run into trouble so if you take that off t is fine to eat it. I ate rotisserie chicken from the store everyday for over a year and lost 130 lbs in the process so it cant be all bad.

The most dangerous one for me is at the mexican market up the street.

A whole chicken with tortillas, rice, beans, salsa is $6.99 The chicken by itself is only $4.99. They also make every kind of burrito you can imagine for $2.69 and 15 pieces of fried chicken are $6.99.

This is a dangerous place.
    INGREDIENTS: Chicken, water, salt, sodium phoshpates

RUBBED WITH: spices, maltodextrin, bread crumbs, garlic salt, lemon peel, paprika, citric acid, malic acid, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, sodium diacetate, parsley, spice extractive, natural flavor.

I will say that after eating a moderate amount of the chicken, boy, am I full! You'd think I had eaten a plate of FRIED chicken. Part of me wonders about that - I hope it's the broth or something that filled me up and not some "secret" *make a frowny face here* ingredient that did it.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They are all different at different stores. Walmart's aren't as bad as say, Kroger, but they're both "flavored" (read sodium and other crap) and I don't care for either. BJ's has 3+lbs and are the most natural tasting, biggest and cleanest rotisserie chickens around here. For $6...can't go wrong for the convenience when you want one.

And I don't worry about sodium, anyway.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had "dizzy chicken" for dinner tonight. 'twas yummy...

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kgartin View Post
    Yup.. but you wish it was real lard
    it's an hydrogenated oil, pretty much the same they do with frozen french fries , they are drenched in this chemical to help uniform color..

Is that **** even chicken? do you guys really buy your meats at walmart? have you noticed they are the only place that sell injected beef (it's for color and flavor) ? at least here in NY

the idea is that they can keep that **** on the shelves much longer because it looks always fresh
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    That is probably because it was previously frozen and defrosted, excessive water is a sign of being thawed, even when they labeled it as fresh it was probably frozen in the store
    hopefully only once
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The reason why it's so juicy is
    cuz the chicken isn't laying in a
    pan it's spinning so the
    juices stay in the meat. I mAke this 3 nights a
    week and we had it tonight too. U should check Wally world for
    the ronco
    showtime model. Worth it's weight in gold.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a rotisserie option in my oven and cook two chickens every sunday evening after stuffing the cavity with onions and 1/2 lemon and basting it in whatever takes my fancy at the time.

It is succulent and juicey because of what Julie says - constant basting of juices and the juice within the meat stays there.

Personally, doing a keto style diet I say bring on the juice - YUM!

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    I have a rotisserie option in my oven and cook two chickens every sunday evening after stuffing the cavity with onions and 1/2 lemon and basting it in whatever takes my fancy at the time.

It is succulent and juicey because of what Julie says - constant basting of juices and the juice within the meat stays there.

Personally, doing a keto style diet I say bring on the juice - YUM!
    Sounds vaguely indecent....

but VERY TASTY !

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by justboo2u View Post
    Sounds vaguely indecent....

but VERY TASTY !
    Lulz - take it whatever you want Boo!

D'oh that sounds indecent too!

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Lulz - take it whatever you want Boo!

D'oh that sounds indecent too!
    howzabout.....

WELL DONE!

peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I buy them from costco for $6.99 1Kg chicken.
    I will remove all the skin and any fat that I can put my fingers on. I have been losing weight on it for over a year.
    not the healtiest food but when you have no time to cook or you are on the run it is way better than the alternative.

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This has been bothering me since I first read it. I contacted a friend who works at Walmart and he said that the long list of crap on the ingedient list is a rub. Nothing is injected (by Walmart) into the chicken.

Same answer from the manager at Publix (a local grocery store).

I was glad to hear this because I eat a lot of these chickens and I don't eat the skin anyway.
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by billrich210 View Post
    This has been bothering me since I first read it. I contacted a friend who works at Walmart and he said that the long list of crap on the ingedient list is a rub. Nothing is injected (by Walmart) into the chicken.

Same answer from the manager at Publix (a local grocery store).

I was glad to hear this because I eat a lot of these chickens and I don't eat the skin anyway.
    So if they don't inject the salt water then does the chicken plant do it for heavier weight/price per pound.

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    So if they don't inject the salt water then does the chicken plant do it for heavier weight/price per pound.
    I would assume so.
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    most of these chickens are delicious...but yes, they are all high in salt and please, keep in mind, that Chicken, NATURALLY, has a higher fat content than many people think.....

and it depends on what part of that chicken you are eating.....the dark meat, as one might guess, is "juicier" because it is higher in fat.....

TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chicken cooked, with the skin?

Just say NO!
    Butch B

anonymous
    salt water injection should be banned, or at least forced to declare on the labels - it's theft by any other name.

Not tried WM's brand but the costo $5 whole chickens are amazing, nice and juicy and huge for the price. Add a little BBQ sauce and throw it back in the oven for a few mins = perfection

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    "Chicken plant"?

Chickens are animals, not plants, silly.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    "Chicken plant"?

Chickens are animals, not plants, silly.
    It's a hybrid.

Looks like corn.

tastes like chicken.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AFChief View Post
    INGREDIENTS: Chicken, water, salt, sodium phoshpates

RUBBED WITH: spices, maltodextrin, bread crumbs, garlic salt, lemon peel, paprika, citric acid, malic acid, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, sodium diacetate, parsley, spice extractive, natural flavor.

There was a thread here sometime maybe a year ago where a similar question was asked. I don't remember the exact reply, but someone wrote in who worked in a store making the chickens and she said something ( which was bad) about the rub, which made the chicken less "healthy" from a nutritional standpoint than it would seem. Looking at this list, I think it may be the "partially hydrogenated" oil. I do know that we don't want hydrogenated oils in our diets as bodybuilders. And she pointed out that pulling off the skin still doesn't totally eliminate the oil from what you are digesting because it seeps into the meat anyway before you buy it.

I paid particular attention to that post because at the time I was buying probably 2 or 3 rotisserie chickens a month at the store. This year in an eight month off season, I have bought only one the entire time and am eating marinated at home grilled chicken and turkey breasts instead.

I am not saying it is wrong to be buying those chickens, but beware that it is not as healthy as you may think even with the skin off and really should be off limits if you are dieting.
    Last edited by egoatdoor; 11-30-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When you look at the nurtional label the fat is quite high but that is assuming you it the skin which I doubt many of us do... at least I never do. I usually cut into the breast meat and tear that off the bone and eat it.

This type of chicken is not my staple but I do eat it once in awhile if I don't have any chicken breasts to grill myself at home.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up

Ronco Rotisserie!! I buy my chicken and do them in that. I put my own seasonings on it and stuff it with celery, onions and garlic cloves. A good rub down with extra virgin olive oil adds to the taste. I have seen those chicken at Sam Club when I go shopping but have never bought one. I love cooking so I usually do my own fowl.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Originally Posted by thunderchild View Post
    Ronco Rotisserie!! I buy my chicken and do them in that. I put my own seasonings on it and stuff it with celery, onions and garlic cloves. A good rub down with extra virgin olive oil adds to the taste. I have seen those chicken at Sam Club when I go shopping but have never bought one. I love cooking so I usually do my own fowl.
    Ah - I already do the onion and garlic trick - celery up there too will be yum!

Thx for the tip!
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee