wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)

is a 37 inch box jump considered good?

Ive been doing this plyometric routine (for soccer) which includes box jumps.
    so far I have managed to jump 37 inches...is that good...?? im about 5'9 187lbs at this point.
    Ive only been at it for about 3 weeks.

let me know what you think.
    Stronger than I look!!

Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're not bending your legs ya.

wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) wepon-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Derk4397 View Post
    wait what do you mean?

I start off standing straight with knees only slightly bent, is that what you mean...?
    Stronger than I look!!

fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Derk4397 View Post
    How do you jump without bending your legs??
    I never rep back

ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) ewthrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you're not bending your legs once you are in the air to get ontop of the box

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're not tucking your legs, that is a 37 inch vertical, which is considered insanely good. It would place you in the top 5 overall at the NFL combine at any position. If you tuck your legs, it isn't great, but it isn't bad either.

Originally Posted by rush33 View Post
    If you're not tucking your legs, that is a 37 inch vertical, which is considered insanely good. It would place you in the top 5 overall at the NFL combine at any position. If you tuck your legs, it isn't great, but it isn't bad either.
    Oh I got you now....when i preform box jumps i do tuck in my legs. pretty much i stick to the typical form recommended when doing a box jump.

My vertical jump is 21 inches..

Im a beginner at this type of training but im looking forward to the challenge. so far im loving the results.
    Stronger than I look!!

if y'all got any tips they will be greatly appreciated.
    Stronger than I look!!

Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derk4397 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What program are you using?

not really a program...more like I took a little of everything and put it together my self.
    I used to train with heavy weight in the past (was not playing much soccer) and all that did was make me heavy, sluggish and slow....(got pretty strong though).
    I wanted a change so i started doing this split where i do some weights but high reps two days a week and two days of cardio/plyometric style training.

in other words the split it upper body(Mon and Thursday..mainly weights) and lower body(mainly squats, plyometrics and sprints ) I rest wed(maybe a light soccer practice) and sat(maybe a light soccer practice) and play and have a game on sun.

pretty much i had to create something to work with my schedule. so far this seem ok...

my lower body workout I do:
    warm up pull ups and jump rope, then I squat not to heavy but explosive, then i streach a little and do box jumps...(usually end up doing a total of like 100 jumps), then some abs...then run stairs...and lastly i do some sprits.....

so far ive lost about 2% bf and about 5-4 pounds. and i feel great my thighs are getting cut!
    but yeah....let me know what you guys think...i know its not very structured..but like i said i kinda made it up ...

thanks
    Stronger than I look!!

highflyerdoc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wepon-x View Post
    if y'all got any tips they will be greatly appreciated.

Use Heal -> Ball of your feet
    Use Arm swing as you go up up
    Should be in full extension when about to take off ( Plantsr flexion, Knee in full extension and hip in full extension)
    Then bring ur knees up to ur chest as much as u can
    Make sure to not do many box jumps. After a set you should have a big brake because it is a high impact on your joints and can do a lot of damage. Same with reps. At least 20 seconds rest till the next jump

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by highflyerdoc View Post
    Use Heal -> Ball of your feet
    Use Arm swing as you go up up
    Should be in full extension when about to take off ( Plantsr flexion, Knee in full extension and hip in full extension)
    Then bring ur knees up to ur chest as much as u can
    Make sure to not do many box jumps. After a set you should have a big brake because it is a high impact on your joints and can do a lot of damage. Same with reps. At least 20 seconds rest till the next jump
    Almost 8 years later, I hope OP has it figured out.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

mbianco1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

43 inch first day doing box jump.

Originally Posted by rush33 View Post
    If in the first day of trying box jump i managed to get to 1 m 10 which is 43 inches , i got a chance of braking the record?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This will show the incorrect and correct box jump form http://www.stack.com/a/box-jump-mistakes . You should land in a 1/2 to 1/4 squat position (i.e. the same position you take off in).

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mbianco1992 View Post
    If in the first day of trying box jump i managed to get to 1 m 10 which is 43 inches , i got a chance of braking the record?
    a 43 inch box jump doesnt translate into a 43 inch vertical leap, so no.