Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10)

39 had enough of being the fat one

So scroll back to feb 2016 and i got on the scale and it said overload . after a week of dieting it registered my weight at 315lbs

currently i am at 240lbs , i managed to go from 315 to 248lbs from feb 2016 to october 2016 . had a bad patch and put 5lbs on in nov and dec.
    started again this year and managed to get to 239.6 a week ago.

The weight is barely shifting now i was losing 2-3lbs a week before now i can barely lose a lb if i am lucky.

how much weight do i need to lose to get rid of the gut and moobs ? how can i speed up loss again ?

leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fatditcher View Post
    So scroll back to feb 2016 and i got on the scale and it said overload . after a week of dieting it registered my weight at 315lbs

currently i am at 240lbs , i managed to go from 315 to 248lbs from feb 2016 to october 2016 . had a bad patch and put 5lbs on in nov and dec.
    started again this year and managed to get to 239.6 a week ago.

The weight is barely shifting now i was losing 2-3lbs a week before now i can barely lose a lb if i am lucky.

how much weight do i need to lose to get rid of the gut and moobs ? how can i speed up loss again ?
    Wow that's a lot of weight . You should be proud . Measure / weigh everything and write it down . You are probably going over your calories and not realizing it. Change up your workouts. Challenge your body to something new . Keep your diet and workout steady and you will get over this hump .

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how much weight do i need to lose to get rid of the gut and moobs ?
    How tall are you? 240 looks very different on 5'4" vs. 6'4".

e: when did the forums stop listing people's height/weight?
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatditcher is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MoldyGopher View Post
    How tall are you? 240 looks very different on 5'4" vs. 6'4".

e: when did the forums stop listing people's height/weight?
    I am 6ft 2"

Originally Posted by leelameema View Post
    Wow that's a lot of weight . You should be proud . Measure / weigh everything and write it down . You are probably going over your calories and not realizing it. Change up your workouts. Challenge your body to something new . Keep your diet and workout steady and you will get over this hump .
    yep it`s a lot of weight ,clothes that did not fit me for 15 years now are too big . i can fit into 36" jeans with space to spare. not quite comfortable for 34" yet. was a 42" at 315lbs.

my body seems to have lost loads of weight from my legs but wants to keep hold of the upper body fat.

Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowman82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yep it`s a lot of weight ,clothes that did not fit me for 15 years now are too big . i can fit into 36" jeans with space to spare. not quite comfortable for 34" yet. was a 42" at 315lbs.

my body seems to have lost loads of weight from my legs but wants to keep hold of the upper body fat.
    Where your body drops the fat first is largely determined by genetics , you don't really have any control over that . You can just drop more fat overall .

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Your rate of fat loss is fine. You don't need to speed it up. What you need is a little more patience, and time. Trying to speed up fat loss always, invariably ends with spectacular failure.

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just remember that your TDEE goes down as your total body weight decreases as you require fewer calories. I'd say drop calories by 100-200 a day and add in a bit more cardio. Try it for a few weeks and see if you're losing again. Adjust as necessary.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A pound a week is fine OP, you aren't 315 pounds anymore so the losses won't be as spectacular. If you start to stall further, losing less than a pound a week frequently, you will need to increase activity, reduce what you are eating by a small increment, or both.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is how you do it brother:

1. Eat every 3 hours equal sized meals: Eventually they should be getting smaller BUT your protein needs to be increasing.

2. Don't do cardio. Do heavy compound exercises (Squats, bench press, etc) ONLY.

3. Work hard at the gym and eat small EQUAL sized meals and you will begin to lose weight.

If you are confused ask me for details I will explain in detail if needed.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Purh View Post

1. Eat every 3 hours equal sized meals: Eventually they should be getting smaller BUT your protein needs to be increasing.

2. Don't do cardio. Do heavy compound exercises (Squats, bench press, etc) ONLY.

3. Work hard at the gym and eat small EQUAL sized meals and you will begin to lose weight.

No, OP, you DON'T need to eat every fkn three hours and your meals do NOT have to be of equal size. Forget it. Those six or seven meals will be a horror show from Oświęcim or Dahau small.

Check out "Leangains"

experiment for yourself.

Listen to everybody but don't obey blindly.

Question any authority.

Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Purh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    No, OP, you DON'T need to eat every fkn three hours and your meals do NOT have to be of equal size. Forget it. Those six or seven meals will be a horror show from Oświęcim or Dahau small.

Check out "Leangains"

experiment for yourself.

Listen to everybody but don't obey blindly.

Question any authority.
    Eat every 3 hours equal sized meals: *Eventually they should be getting smaller*

Did you miss the part where they have to be getting smaller?

But why listen to a guy that has a book on bodybuilding right? Because I know what I'm talking about and it works.

OP, it is true you don't HAVE to eat every 3 hours; however eating every 3 hours increases your metabolism and lets your body know that there is no reason to store fat because you are constantly getting food.

When you have a high protein intake with a low calorie volume overall (By eating smaller as time goes on) your body will start burning calories from your fat while building/maintaining your muscle from your high protein intake.

Eat every 3 hours equal sized meals: *Eventually they should be getting smaller*

Did you miss the part where they have to be getting smaller?

But why listen to a guy that has a book on bodybuilding right? Because I know what I'm talking about and it works.

OP, it is true you don't HAVE to eat every 3 hours; however eating every 3 hours increases your metabolism and lets your body know that there is no reason to store fat because you are constantly getting food.

When you have a high protein intake with a low calorie volume overall (By eating smaller as time goes on) your body will start burning calories from your fat while building/maintaining your muscle from your high protein intake.
    not to start the war, but I continually disagree. Eating any certain number of meals will not miraculously increase somebody's metabolic rate. Eating more protein will only support muscle to a certain degree, after which, calorific deficit will take over and burn protein for energy. Body will adjust by making someone feel more tired and change daily routine to a more sedentary, to preserve fat. And so on.

Some level of fat is a survival mechanism, and actually is healthy. Being obese is not. But that, being obese, is mostly a function of insulin sensitivity and leptin regulation, and to lesser degree other things. This subject is interesting, but, a bit outside of this thread.

Purh, you ever heard of Leangains at all? Or warrior diet? How about Intermittent fasting? How is that for our metabolic rate? Keto? Paleo? Sure there are a number of ways to starve one's self, but you sound so mid' 70's.

MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not to start the war, but I continually disagree. Eating any certain number of meals will not miraculously increase somebody's metabolic rate.
    I know this is just a discussion but I heard your point of view on this board over the last bunch of years, but when I step off the great interweb and hit the gym, multiple (controlled calories) meals per day is the norm for dropping fat. I personally know 3 guys at the gym that will be competing next month at the provincials, and all of them are following a "multiple meal" protocol - whether its appropriate for a recreational lifter starting out in the last part of his/her weight goals, is another matter. Trial and error. I remember one person on the board here suggestion, eating whatever you usually do, just cut the plate in half, literally throw half of it away, it was not a popular opinion but...its the only thing that works for me at least cutting portions are the easiest solution for me. Maybe the OP could try it.

Regards

not to start the war, but I continually disagree. Eating any certain number of meals will not miraculously increase somebody's metabolic rate. Eating more protein will only support muscle to a certain degree, after which, calorific deficit will take over and burn protein for energy. Body will adjust by making someone feel more tired and change daily routine to a more sedentary, to preserve fat. And so on.

Some level of fat is a survival mechanism, and actually is healthy. Being obese is not. But that, being obese, is mostly a function of insulin sensitivity and leptin regulation, and to lesser degree other things. This subject is interesting, but, a bit outside of this thread.

Purh, you ever heard of Leangains at all? Or warrior diet? How about Intermittent fasting? How is that for our metabolic rate? Keto? Paleo? Sure there are a number of ways to starve one's self, but you sound so mid' 70's.
    I genuinely agree with your perspective; There are many ways to lose weight. I simply pointed to the OP what I know works with a proper regime only.

Eating equal and small portioned meals on a constant time line (Ex. Every 3 hrs) provides the body with constant nutrition and is extremely effective when calorie intake is less than exertion.

At the end of the day: Low calorie intake + high protein + low carbs works with a proper weightlifting regime - With that formula the diets/technicalities come second.

i have been working out at home and walking

i have a multi gym with a pec dec and an olympic weights set also a incline treadmill.

trying to do heavy squats is difficult as i do not have a squat rack .

my bench press is terrible when i started i could only bench 50kg a week later i could do 60 for reps my max is 70kg which i find difficult still.
    i thought i was stronger but obviously not. i can dumbell curl 21.5kg though in each arm so why is my bench so poor ?

i still can only do 10 pushups although when i was 315 i could not even do one

what are the best exercises i can safely do on my own ?

i have been working out at home and walking

i have a multi gym with a pec dec and an olympic weights set also a incline treadmill.

trying to do heavy squats is difficult as i do not have a squat rack .

my bench press is terrible when i started i could only bench 50kg a week later i could do 60 for reps my max is 70kg which i find difficult still.
    i thought i was stronger but obviously not. i can dumbell curl 21.5kg though in each arm so why is my bench so poor ?

i still can only do 10 pushups although when i was 315 i could not even do one

what are the best exercises i can safely do on my own ?
    The reason Cardio/walking is not the best for losing weight is because you are only burning calories for the time you are doing. When you weight-lift, your body demands calories until it heals/recovers. Therefore weightlifting allows you to keep on losing calories/"weight" for more than a day (With an intense workout).

If you are super serious you can do both cardio and weightlifting for maximum results. The cardio is a bonus calorie burner everyday.

Since you have a bench/weight bar the number one exercise you should be doing is: Deadlift.

Since it will not be safe for you to bench press on your own, the second exercise on your staple should be: Push ups.

Matter of fact, if I was in your exact shoes I would only do these two exercises + cardio.

Dead lifting and push up will provide you a major testosterone boost every time you do them; especially the deadlift. Testosterone is your friend for losing weight (Obviously building muscle too). The more of it the better.

These two exercises + cardio everyday + eating every 3 hours (small equal sized meals) will provide you a foundation for losing weight.

If you are not losing weight at that point it is because you are either: 1. Not working out hard enough or 2. Consuming too much calories every 3 hours (Meals must be smaller than)

Now for the workout side of it: Do not workout more than 1 hour. In that 1 hour do atleast 5 sets of 8-12 reps (Or as many as you can): Also my recommendation take as much rest as you feel comfortable (Not more than 5 minutes though). I do not recommend doing anything less than 8 reps because you might injure yourself. FOR THE CARDIO SIDE OF IT: Go nuts, do as much as you'd like everyday. Also, give deadlift its own day and push ups its own day: Don't do them together.

As for deadlifting; it is very hard to do when you start out so start very light. Do not push yourself hard; simply gradually build it up.

If you do anything else you CAN/will still lose weight but if I was in your shoes this route ^ would provide the maximum weight loss path.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Threads kinda hard to judge without macros. Odds are op is just eating too much.

As for 6 meals a day. If it works for you it works. I became healthy weight by IF and 2 meals a day. That works for me. CICO is the most important factor, the rest we can argue just for arguments sake.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The reason Cardio/walking is not the best for losing weight is because you are only burning calories for the time you are doing. When you weight-lift, your body demands calories until it heals/recovers. Therefore weightlifting allows you to keep on losing calories/"weight" for more than a day (With an intense workout).

If you are super serious you can do both cardio and weightlifting for maximum results. The cardio is a bonus calorie burner everyday.

Since you have a bench/weight bar the number one exercise you should be doing is: Deadlift.

Since it will not be safe for you to bench press on your own, the second exercise on your staple should be: Push ups.

Matter of fact, if I was in your exact shoes I would only do these two exercises + cardio.

Dead lifting and push up will provide you a major testosterone boost every time you do them; especially the deadlift. Testosterone is your friend for losing weight (Obviously building muscle too). The more of it the better.

These two exercises + cardio everyday + eating every 3 hours (small equal sized meals) will provide you a foundation for losing weight.

If you are not losing weight at that point it is because you are either: 1. Not working out hard enough or 2. Consuming too much calories every 3 hours (Meals must be smaller than)

Now for the workout side of it: Do not workout more than 1 hour. In that 1 hour do atleast 5 sets of 8-12 reps (Or as many as you can): Also my recommendation take as much rest as you feel comfortable (Not more than 5 minutes though). I do not recommend doing anything less than 8 reps because you might injure yourself. FOR THE CARDIO SIDE OF IT: Go nuts, do as much as you'd like everyday. Also, give deadlift its own day and push ups its own day: Don't do them together.

As for deadlifting; it is very hard to do when you start out so start very light. Do not push yourself hard; simply gradually build it up.

If you do anything else you CAN/will still lose weight but if I was in your shoes this route ^ would provide the maximum weight loss path.
    when i first got the weights i managed to lift 120kg that is the first deadlift i have ever done.

i dropped it down to 90kg and managed to do 8 reps for 2 sets, then the pain in my back started and down my leg, obviously my form must be terrible and i did it without a belt which was probably stupid. so i have been doing press ups since i can do 7 sets of 10 before my arms get tired to do more. press up and the pec dec seem to be the most effective .

diet wise i have probably been overestimating the calories although i have been doing long walks 7-8 miles on average everyday for months . i have been trying to stay around the 1800 mark and it is slow going. when i lost the first 75lbs i was eating muesli every morning fruit and chicken and salad for lunch and chicken and veggies for dinner or with rice so probably less than 1800. obviously my BMR is lower now i have lost the bulk of the weight.

Do protein shakes interfere with weight loss ? as that is the only new ingredient i have added to my diet

i am hoping to go back to deadlifting maybe take 10kg off and wear a belt and try and do 50-70 of them. surprisingly doing just the pressups felt more of a workout than doing machine weights, could really feel it in my chest and abdominals.
    Last edited by fatditcher; 03-28-2017 at 06:15 PM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do protein shakes interfere with weight loss ? as that is the only new ingredient i have added to my diet
    Are you COUNTING the shakes? They are calories. If you added them, you have to drop something else.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Are you COUNTING the shakes? They are calories. If you added them, you have to drop something else.
    yes i have included the shakes 30g of protein at 160 cal. bought a scale so i will cook in bulk and weigh it out over the day

i could go to 1500 a day but would that not start to eat into muscle ?

counted rigorously the past 4 days and the scale is going down again . hoping i can drop to 210 in 3 months 28lbs to lose

managed to do 80kg deadlifts 5 sets of 10 back is better with the belt very tight
    Last edited by fatditcher; 03-30-2017 at 03:28 PM.

down to 230lbs , not seeing much change in bodyshape. is 170 Lbm low for a 6ft 2 man ? i want to get to 200 to 210lbs at 10-13%

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    down to 230lbs , not seeing much change in bodyshape. is 170 Lbm low for a 6ft 2 man ? i want to get to 200 to 210lbs at 10-13%
    You can play around with different bodyfat percentages at different weights here: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

170LBM is low or high depending on your goals I guess. 190lbs at %10 fat would be 170LBM. 6'2, 190 and %10 == IMO would look pretty damn good but certainly not 'big'.

To get to 210 lbs at %13 bodyfat you need to be around 183lbs LBM.

Whatever the case is, sounds like you are on the right track. Keep lifting and dieting and see where it takes you!

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    You can play around with different bodyfat percentages at different weights here:

170LBM is low or high depending on your goals I guess. 190lbs at %10 fat would be 170LBM. 6'2, 190 and %10 == IMO would look pretty damn good but certainly not 'big'.

To get to 210 lbs at %13 bodyfat you need to be around 183lbs LBM.

Whatever the case is, sounds like you are on the right track. Keep lifting and dieting and see where it takes you!
    i have been lifting to keep the muscle i do have and walking as cardio. so theoretically if i could put on 14 pounds of muscle or a stone in uk money i could be around 200 lbs at 10% ish . i am hoping my body shape is going to be a lot leaner at 210 with the existing LBM

i must be getting smaller as i can fit into 34w jeans now , i don`t even remember buying that size before surprised i can fit them at 230lbs. all upper body fat i guess

so over a year now update started at 315lbs and now 227.5lbs.

i can`t seem to budge below the 16st 224lbs mark lowest i have been is 225.5.

my weight just stays the same i monitor calories drunk loads of water do just one 200cal protein shake a day.

all my weight is upper body 43 inch belly 47 inch chest

am i really still nearly 29% Bf after losing nearly 90lbs ? i wear a 34w jeans and veins are showing through on my calf`s

is it possible to have lower fat but store all of it on belly and chest so disproportionately. or going to end up just skinny fat

at least i have not put weight on. started this feb 2016

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so over a year now update started at 315lbs and now 227.5lbs.

i can`t seem to budge below the 16st 224lbs mark lowest i have been is 225.5.

my weight just stays the same i monitor calories drunk loads of water do just one 200cal protein shake a day.

all my weight is upper body 43 inch belly 47 inch chest

am i really still nearly 29% Bf after losing nearly 90lbs ? i wear a 34w jeans and veins are showing through on my calf`s

is it possible to have lower fat but store all of it on belly and chest so disproportionately. or going to end up just skinny fat

at least i have not put weight on. started this feb 2016
    Congrats that’s a really impressive amount of weight loss. There is nothing wrong with just working on maintaining it and training hard and giving yourself a break from trying to lose weight. You want to engrain the eating habits that will keep it off. Nice job!

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Congrats that’s a really impressive amount of weight loss. There is nothing wrong with just working on maintaining it and training hard and giving yourself a break from trying to lose weight. You want to engrain the eating habits that will keep it off. Nice job!
    The eating is not a problem i lost most of the weight the first year, although i do love beer i try and limit it to a couple times a month and then blow out on a night out but no munchies afterwards .
    i knew it was going to be harder when i dropped down so much already but my body really does not want to let go easily.

at least i can do 30 press ups in a row now i could not even do one before

Hypertrophy505 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, I have been cutting weight for the last 8 weeks from a semi-dirty bulk that I did over the winter (I put on a good amount of muscle but I put on way too much fat in the process). I went from 209 to a very lean 183 lbs when I weighed this morning.

While the average weight loss spread out over the 8 weeks is a little over 3 lbs a week, that is not how it happened. The first couple of weeks I lost roughly 4 lbs a week and then it started gradually slowing down. I have been losing roughly half a pound a week as of the last two weeks and it is a struggle now but I am still losing. I am around 12-13% body fat now and my goal is 10% so I will continue until I am there.

The main point is that as your weight drops so does your ability to lose weight as rapidly as when you first started. Don't let this discourage you, it is completely natural and once you beat that mental block you will be fine.

The biggest advice I can give you is to adjust your calories regularly. I adjust mine weekly to my body weight every Friday and I have seen incredible results. Stay lifting weights as much as possible to mitigate muscle loss (if you are lucky, you are one of those people that can body recomposition which is essentially losing fat while gaining muscle - yes, this does exist). The more muscle mass your body carries, the more calories you burn throughout the day and night. You do not need to stop doing cardio as some suggest, in fact I advise against stopping cardio. I do 20 minutes of cardio a day, 4 days a week and my muscle loss has been very minimal during my cut because my macros are damn near perfect. Measure everything you consume and count those calories as closely as possible. Oh yeah, cut out ALL sugar from your diet unless it is naturally occurring like fruit, milk, etc.

If you follow that, I guarantee you will see great results. I hope you stick with it and reach your goals!

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, it's threads like this which provide huge inspiration to others, I hope you realize just what a big deal this is, as well as being an achievement you should be truly proud of.