Closed Thread
Page 327 of 336 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,810 of 10051
    Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What's up fellas, I got an acoustic guitar I want to learn to play and was wondering your thoughts on Justin guitar and his lessons. I've learned a few chords in the past but didn't keep up with it so I'll be basically starting all over again. The thing I like about Justin is his attitude is just so dang welcoming lol. I notice some of his lessons modify the chords, I don't know if this is good or bad for learning. I basically want to play for and with my kids, nursery songs and simple pop stuff. Maybe expand later. Thanks for reading, open to suggestions!
    Virtue is its own reward.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    What's up fellas, I got an acoustic guitar I want to learn to play and was wondering your thoughts on Justin guitar and his lessons. I've learned a few chords in the past but didn't keep up with it so I'll be basically starting all over again. The thing I like about Justin is his attitude is just so dang welcoming lol. I notice some of his lessons modify the chords, I don't know if this is good or bad for learning. I basically want to play for and with my kids, nursery songs and simple pop stuff. Maybe expand later. Thanks for reading, open to suggestions!
    Justin is the saint of guitar learners, stick with him and you'll develop a great base!
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    Justin is the saint of guitar learners, stick with him and you'll develop a great base!
    Awesome, glad to hear that. Learning Walk of Life should be real fun!
    Virtue is its own reward.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Step aside and let a real pro at killing threads take care of this one.

I've experimented with a lot of different gauges including custom sets and I'm currently playing 13.5-18-22-34-46-60 tuned to Eb. Tuning down a half step is purely a tone choice plus I feel I can bend strings further without breaking them.

I blame SRV for all this nonsense. I've said it before but he played a pack of 11s tuned down to Eb only with .013 on the top and a .058 on the bottom. Most of his big bends were on the B and G strings with a .015 and .019P respectively. In Eb it would feel like a pack of 10s in standard with an 11.5 on the top. That is not heavy. I can tell you now heavy deadlifts with chalk worked my hands more than some puny wire on a plank of wood.

Anyway compared to 9-42 back in the shred days the difference I hear is quite dramatic. Heavy strings have a stronger fundamental tone much like what we associate with an acoustic guitar. To my ear the harmonic overtones aren't as present probably because of that and with distorted tones I can completely see why some players might not like them even if they've got the hand strength. Went up to .024 plain on the 3rd string and it sounded dead. Lifeless. I have absolutely no idea how anyone playing above the 9th fret on those could like the sound. I tried a wound 3rd and playing higher up it sounded too much like a 5 string bass plus I could only bend it a whole step. Settled on .022 plain G.

As you know Holdsworth used 8s and his sound was massive so it really comes down to the pickups, rig, and the player. An excuse to play a song very few have probably heard but is brilliant. Tell me if you find yourself thinking "that could use more low end." The control he had with 8s in unmatched by any other player I've heard including Malmsteen. Flawless.

Yeah SRV had some really thick gauges. I don't know, I think overall standard gauges just have the best compromise. I played a different guitar with a normal set-up and I already could feel my fingers were weaker since I've been playing the lighter gauge guitar way more. Holdsworth was very light with how he touched chords, plus his style really doesn't need that thick low end.

One of the best things you can do to get your finger tendons on turbo mode is just playing a steel string acoustic for like a week and don't touch the electric guitar. Then when you play your electric it's like someone lit a fire under a pitbulls arse.

I don't know, but for now I am just having fun experimenting again. It's good to have a different variety of guitars. For example I will do lots of alternate picking work on my nylon due to the short note decay. If you dull a note even slightly it's VERY easy to hear where you messed up. Meanwhile people are drowned in sustain and reverb on an electric.

All I know is, I want my action as low as possible without buzz. It really does train you to play way more variety of approaches. I remember playing my friends new guitar and the action was so high it was like a trampoline. I could barely play it @ a decent level because those milliseconds you waste fretting a note hampers everything.

Seriously, customizing a guitar is like shoes for a runner. If you're a good runner you will always perform decently with any type of shoes, but to be even close to your best you need the right shoes. Fret width, neck shape, texture of wood, action etc all of it can make you play 50%+ better. I remember picking up a guitar that my friend played and it felt like I was just learning how to play it was that horrific.

Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    Welcome to the journey!

I don't follow him but all I know is youtube is just ridiculous with how efficiently you can learn any instrument for free. I've been learning everything I know about piano/keyboard just from youtube. In the past you'd be paying thousands of dollars over years.
    Last edited by EoR; 10-25-2019 at 04:55 AM.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    I don't know, I think overall standard gauges just have the best compromise. I played a different guitar with a normal set-up and I already could feel my fingers were weaker since I've been playing the lighter gauge guitar way more. Holdsworth was very light with how he touched chords, plus his style really doesn't need that thick low end.
    What puzzles me is with those light strings he used "6000" fret wire — railroad ties. Would almost feel like a scalloped neck. And he wasn't playing cowboy chords on that thing. He was doing those ridiculous stretches for piano like voicings and it all stayed in tune. I still don't know how he did that.

All I know is, I want my action as low as possible without buzz. It really does train you to play way more variety of approaches. I remember playing my friends new guitar and the action was so high it was like a trampoline. I could barely play it @ a decent level because those milliseconds you waste fretting a note hampers everything.
    Not sure what the action is like on your Ibanez JS1000 but mine was buzz city on bends beyond a whole step unless I jacked up the action. Anyway years later when I put a custom neck on it I wanted to fix that problem with a 16" radius instead of 9.5". While it allowed for a really low action what I found was the tone suffered. It sounded better with a higher action.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dominik; 10-25-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    youtube is just ridiculous with how efficiently you can learn any instrument for free. I've been learning everything I know about piano/keyboard just from youtube. In the past you'd be paying thousands of dollars over years.
    If you can get past the cringy 90 seconds of "hey guys it's your boy blah blah here again....if you like what you see don't forget to like and share....blah blah blah." YT Mechanic guys are the same way.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Learning Children of Bodom songs has humbled me. Alexis is a God, dude is a maniac with his melodies.

Would try and tackle Revocation, but no 7 string guitar so good night sweet Revocation.
    Not part of any crews crew

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright guys, trying to set up my computer to play guitar through it. I purchased a Behringer UMC202HD AI, hooked it up by USB to my computer. I have powered monitors hooked up to my computer and it will not produce sound through them, do I need to directly hook up my monitors to my AI for there to be output from it? I thought I could leave me monitors hooked up to my computer and get sound that way(I guess not if the new AI takes place of my onboard soundcard). If I plug in my headphones to my AI, I have sound and it plays fine which was my main concern.

Another question, do I need a DAW(i.e. reaper) to use downloadable amp sims like s-gear, BIAS, guitar rig, etc?
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    Alright guys, trying to set up my computer to play guitar through it. I purchased a Behringer UMC202HD AI, hooked it up by USB to my computer. I have powered monitors hooked up to my computer and it will not produce sound through them, do I need to directly hook up my monitors to my AI for there to be output from it? I thought I could leave me monitors hooked up to my computer and get sound that way(I guess not if the new AI takes place of my onboard soundcard). If I plug in my headphones to my AI, I have sound and it plays fine which was my main concern.

Another question, do I need a DAW(i.e. reaper) to use downloadable amp sims like s-gear, BIAS, guitar rig, etc?
    Connect the speakers to the interface and configure the amp sim software to use the interface so you can monitor through your powered speakers. Set up a DAW e.g. Reaper under Preferences > Audio > Device to use ASIO (Windows) and configure it to use your interface's driver so you can record tracks from your interface and play them back through the interface.

You don't need a DAW to use that software. They should all run as standalone applications. You'll only need a DAW for recording.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Connect the speakers to the interface and configure the amp sim software to use the interface so you can monitor through your powered speakers. Set up a DAW e.g. Reaper under Preferences > Audio > Device to use ASIO (Windows) and configure it to use your interface's driver so you can record tracks from your interface and play them back through the interface.

You don't need a DAW to use that software. They should all run as standalone applications. You'll only need a DAW for recording.
    Thanks! 1 more Q, when I hook up the monitors to the AI, will it still play sound coming from the PC as well? I dont want to have to keep switching monitor inputs from PC to AI.
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    Thanks! 1 more Q, when I hook up the monitors to the AI, will it still play sound coming from the PC as well? I dont want to have to keep switching monitor inputs from PC to AI.
    Only whatever applications you've configured to use them. In Windows you can go into Sound > Playback and make the interface the default device so everything goes through that. On a Mac it's under "Sound Preferences."

Personally I only want my guitar, DAW tracks, and occasionally MP3s coming through my monitors (Yamaha HS8). The rest of the time I don't want just anything blasting through them. I use sh*tty computer speakers for youtube, etc.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Personally I only want my guitar, DAW tracks, and occasionally MP3s coming through my monitors (Yamaha HS8). The rest of the time I don't want just anything blasting through them. I use sh*tty computer speakers for youtube, etc.
    How are those monitors btw? Been thinking of getting either those or the focal alpha 80.. But lots of people recommend saving up for the Adam a7xs

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    How are those monitors btw? Been thinking of getting either those or the focal alpha 80.. But lots of people recommend saving up for the Adam a7xs
    The Adam T series would be a better comparison for the money as the A7X cost twice as much and A8X 3x more. Front ported with controls on the front is a nice touch and if the back of those monitors will be close to a wall that could be the deciding factor.

Anyway another expense for accurate monitoring is room treatment with acoustic panels plus a couple hundred more for some decent stands. It all adds up. I'm happy with those HS8s. I originally bought them for mixing but once I went all in with Two Notes cab sims they became my "FRFR" speakers so I'm using them all the time. Not that I've been missing low end but I'll probably get the HS8S sub woofer.

Definitely not trying to preach here and I believe you generally get what you pay for with all this gear but unless you're on CEO $10K/day money you ultimately have to prioritize and decide what will make the biggest difference results wise right now. Maybe for you that's expanding your sample library or buying more software.

It also reminds me a bit of photography where people will drop $4K for the latest camera but would be better served with a $2K camera and putting $2K toward lenses or a plane ticket to a beautiful location instead of pixel peeping 50mp images of their cat.

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    tracking classifieds sometimes makes me depressed lol

There's this guy that has been selling some pretty cool guitars very cheap, apparently to make rent. First an RGA 8 signed and modded for Tosin Abasi tones... then an Ibanez Prestige with BKP's... now a Fender Duo Sonic upgraded for metal tones. The Duo Sonic specifically must've gone for very cheap as the bloke wanted it gone within the day, then the day after someone relists the same guitar for $650 CAD (which is what a factory Duo Sonic retails for lol). Even if selling guitars in a crunch would suck, I'd be happy if it at least went to people who would make use of it, but as with everything in life there are vultures who just want to make a quick buck.
    Go Canucks Go!

Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You guys know any good apps or youtube channels that provide classical guitar lessons?

Stopped with current lecturer cuz dude was keep vanishing middle of lecture and I didnt want to pay for sitting alone in a room

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The Adam T series would be a better comparison for the money as the A7X cost twice as much and A8X 3x more. Front ported with controls on the front is a nice touch and if the back of those monitors will be close to a wall that could be the deciding factor.

Anyway another expense for accurate monitoring is room treatment with acoustic panels plus a couple hundred more for some decent stands. It all adds up. I'm happy with those HS8s. I originally bought them for mixing but once I went all in with Two Notes cab sims they became my "FRFR" speakers so I'm using them all the time. Not that I've been missing low end but I'll probably get the HS8S sub woofer.

Definitely not trying to preach here and I believe you generally get what you pay for with all this gear but unless you're on CEO $10K/day money you ultimately have to prioritize and decide what will make the biggest difference results wise right now. Maybe for you that's expanding your sample library or buying more software.

It also reminds me a bit of photography where people will drop $4K for the latest camera but would be better served with a $2K camera and putting $2K toward lenses or a plane ticket to a beautiful location instead of pixel peeping 50mp images of their cat.
    My room is untreated and horribly shaped like and L lol.. I'm using JBLs lsr305s and one of them kind of got fuked near the speaker, I also want something that will give the axe fx justice, not some entry level monitors (even though I was very happy with the jbls).. They got a good deal for the A7Xs in thomman I think.. 2 monitors plus stand for 1100 euros.. I've been wanting to get an american strat for ages now but I guess it will have to wait now...

A lot of people in forums aren't impressed with the low end that Adams have though.. The HS8 is supposed to have great low end but I can always get a sub in the future I guess

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've been wanting to get an american strat for ages now but I guess it will have to wait now...
    Suhr was a senior master builder at Fender's Custom Shop. Surely there's some other reason you want to pick up an off the rack American strat?

Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    Suhr was a senior master builder at Fender's Custom Shop. Surely there's some other reason you want to pick up an off the rack American strat?
    He seemed to be pretty frustrated with how they did things there which is why he didn't stay there long.

My room is untreated and horribly shaped like and L lol.. I'm using JBLs lsr305s and one of them kind of got fuked near the speaker, I also want something that will give the axe fx justice, not some entry level monitors (even though I was very happy with the jbls).. They got a good deal for the A7Xs in thomman I think.. 2 monitors plus stand for 1100 euros.. I've been wanting to get an american strat for ages now but I guess it will have to wait now...

A lot of people in forums aren't impressed with the low end that Adams have though.. The HS8 is supposed to have great low end but I can always get a sub in the future I guess
    I don't think you can go wrong either way. It's like "should I buy an M4 or RS3?"

Cliff chimes in here:
    https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...2#post-1717882

"We have a pair of HS8's at the office and they're pretty good for the price. The best monitors I've heard are Dynaudio but I think they were $20K each. The next best were a pair of Genelec's at Zappa's studio. My Event Opals are very good but they were around $2K ea. Under $1000 there are a lot of monitors and most of them suck. There are a few good ones though. If I had unlimited funds I'd probably get some ATCs."

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    If you can get past the cringy 90 seconds of "hey guys it's your boy blah blah here again....if you like what you see don't forget to like and share....blah blah blah." YT Mechanic guys are the same way.
    It makes me lol so hard that Marty Music's catch phrase is "Heeey what's up you guys?". Like he sells shirts with it on and everything.

I really, REALLY like his channel but dude have you not seen how literally every other channel on YT start their videos?
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    I don't know man, I tried a malmsteen strat few years ago and it was the most comfortable guitar I've ever played... I just love the way they feel, plus always wanted ever since I started playing.. Also wanted a tele but after playing with a few for some hours I changed my mind on them, kind of hate them now lol

He seemed to be pretty frustrated with how they did things there which is why he didn't stay there long.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. It's like "should I buy an M4 or RS3?"

Cliff chimes in here:
    https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...2#post-1717882

"We have a pair of HS8's at the office and they're pretty good for the price. The best monitors I've heard are Dynaudio but I think they were $20K each. The next best were a pair of Genelec's at Zappa's studio. My Event Opals are very good but they were around $2K ea. Under $1000 there are a lot of monitors and most of them suck. There are a few good ones though. If I had unlimited funds I'd probably get some ATCs."

chiiiit

but 20k each? wtf do they do lol

chiiiit
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/BujwI2h.png[img]

but 20k each? wtf do they do lol
    That's crazy money mang. Anything over $4K has got to be serious cork sniffer territory. Good monitors are crucial but I don't think you need to spend thousands on speakers considering software, sample libraries, and even more time tweaking sounds etc. will make a bigger difference to your music production. Also many great albums were mixed with NS10s that were cheap as dirt.

For example the Axe-FX III is expensive but you can immediately see the value in it. Just one real 100W head + 4x12 + a few decent condenser and ribbon mics would easily run over $5K and you've got thousands of configurations in there. And that's not even touching on effects. Point is you're never going to get that kind of value out of expensive speakers no matter how good your ears are.

That's crazy money mang. Anything over $4K has got to be serious cork sniffer territory. Good monitors are crucial but I don't think you need to spend thousands on speakers considering software, sample libraries, and even more time tweaking sounds etc. will make a bigger difference to your music production. Also many great albums were mixed with NS10s that were cheap as dirt.

For example the Axe-FX III is expensive but you can immediately see the value in it. Just one real 100W head + 4x12 + a few decent condenser and ribbon mics would easily run over $5K and you've got thousands of configurations in there. And that's not even touching on effects. Point is you're never going to get that kind of value out of expensive speakers no matter how good your ears are.
    True man.. I was honestly happy as hell with my jbls, the low end on that thing is insane...
    Also FM3 close to coming out, looks cool but I think they should have put more than 3 buttons on it.. If I was a live player that would definitely not be enough and I'd have to get a separate footswitch.. The pod hd / kemper stage design is better for live guitarist imo

Registered User RespectYourself's Avatar
    RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't want to start buying pedals and other gear if I can start out with something more versatile and compact. Do you guys use devices like this?

https://www.boss.info/au/products/me-80/

Just for my own use, I'm still beginner or intermediate in skill level and want to start using effects.
    Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana.

fuk it, saw this gal for the right price on Ebay Canada and pulled the trigger - Gibson SG Goddess. Figured if I didn't like it I could easily break even. Has a thin and narrow neck so it's a lot easier to handle than the usual Gibson, but it's still has that "rounded" feel - just suited for a smaller hand. Which makes it not so great when not playing Hendrix-style but that's why the neck is smaller.

Looks pretty gaudy, can tell it was marketed towards women with the glitter on the pickups. Even has an ebony fretboard and the Gibson logo to match the body color, which are usually only reserved for Custom Shop models. Wraparound bridge and only two knobs though, maybe they thought women can't intonate or tone chase? lolz

Go Canucks Go!

Originally Posted by RespectYourself View Post
    I don't want to start buying pedals and other gear if I can start out with something more versatile and compact. Do you guys use devices like this?

https://www.boss.info/au/products/me-80/

Just for my own use, I'm still beginner or intermediate in skill level and want to start using effects.
    What kind of effects do you think you'll actually use in a multi fx unit and what kind of music are you playing? You might find once the novelty of having all those effects wears off you're mainly using delay and a bit of reverb and would be better off with dedicated pedals for that.

The only effect I have on my board is delay. I'd be happy with a Boss DD-2 (used)/DD-3/DD-3T (tap tempo) or the new DD-8.

Registered User RespectYourself's Avatar
    RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of effects do you think you'll actually use in a multi fx unit and what kind of music are you playing? You might find once the novelty of having all those effects wears off you're mainly using delay and a bit of reverb and would be better off with dedicated pedals for that.

The only effect I have on my board is delay. I'd be happy with a Boss DD-2 (used)/DD-3/DD-3T (tap tempo) or the new DD-8.
    I dabble in a bit of everything and want versatility. I like the idea of having the integrated Wah pedal along with all the other features. Want to avoid going down the rabbit hole of buying lots of pedals if I can have most of them in one unit. Just thinking this would be a similar price point compared to buying a select few pedals.
    Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana.

Originally Posted by RespectYourself View Post
    I dabble in a bit of everything and want versatility. I like the idea of having the integrated Wah pedal along with all the other features. Want to avoid going down the rabbit hole of buying lots of pedals if I can have most of them in one unit. Just thinking this would be a similar price point compared to buying a select few pedals.
    It might be exactly what you need. Down the track you could always sell it and move up to something like a HX Stomp with an expression pedal or do a pedalboard build with only the effects you're actually using.

It's worth mentioning digital technology is evolving rapidly so you might actually end up with a modeling rig in a few years and all those effects will be built in.

I always thought I'd be an amp guy until I ran my tube preamp into power amp + cab simulation through full range studio monitors. Instantly sold and I changed my whole rig. I have a pair of Strymon stereo delays but technology has reached a point now where I can use a midi foot controller to switch presets on a laptop for delay, chorus, etc. The point is I'll probably never buy another effects pedal so I'm glad I didn't heavily invest in that.

Cliffs: something like an ME-80 might keep you happy for a few years before you go all in with modeling for example and you'll be happy you didn't spend thousands on pedals.

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    couple of questions...

1. where the f**k did this guy come from?
    2. is tapping back? do we all have to bust out our old chops?

Last edited by cjmadscientist; 11-01-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    couple of questions...

1. where the f**k did this guy come from?
    2. is tapping back? do we all have to bust out our old chops?

Holy fuk, Stephen Taranto is one of the cleanest shredders i've ever seen.. He's as technical and fast as Jason Richardson but actually has musical talent and can write chit that sounds good..

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Holy fuk, Stephen Taranto is one of the cleanest shredders i've ever seen.. He's as technical and fast as Jason Richardson but actually has musical talent and can write chit that sounds good..
    their new album came out today, been listening to it all morning

my mind is absolutely blown, and I had zero clue about them until a random youtube video today
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

Closed Thread