Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steaks everyday

Workingoutdude is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Steaks everyday

Hi, I don’t like chicken that much and can eat fish sometimes, however I love steaks and I find it convenient to hit my protein goals with it, the only problem is can I eat this everyday?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    yes

Workingoutdude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    yes
    Thanks - I read somewhere that red meat is bad and can give you cancer if you eat it everyday, is this true?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Lots of things are implicated in cancer risk.

If you are a good weight and keep active the risk is probably minimal. Want to live longer? Wash your hands, drive slower, destress, eat lots of veggies.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 08-27-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Workingoutdude View Post
    Thanks - I read somewhere that red meat is bad and can give you cancer if you eat it everyday, is this true?
    From a health perspective it's probably not a good idea to eat red meat every day.

There are so many more protein sources and you only need 0.7 gram per lb.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Choose round steak as it's the leanest cut. Sirloin isn't terrible but rib eye, etc has too much fat and too many calories. REALLY try to get fish and chicken in there more.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kenjoshx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Lots of things are implicated in cancer risk.
    A statistics study -I came across a few years back- determined the average cancer risk for red meat (taking into consideration its range of different findings from several of the most reliable/consitent studies done on it) was among the worst- in that the majority of the studies' findings were negative. It compared it to the average for cancer from coffee, wine, etc.

Would lean to the other brahs advice about choosing your cuts of meat, go with salmon -if you can afford it- and yes, eat enough of dark green vegetables

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Red meat every day is likely a poor idea.

Additionally, you’d want to trim off any charred portions if you use cooking methods like grilling due to the polyaromatic hydrocarbons
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stick to loin, round, and sirloin cuts. Unless you have a genetic predisposition to heart health factors, lipids, high blood pressure, etc..should be fine especially if actively training. Can always get heme/lipid panel done and good idea to do anyway at least 1-2x a year.

Try turkey or ground turkey and incorporate into your diet as well.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When you are dead, you are dead. But if it gives you pleasure to eat steak instead of something boring, you'll die happy. Maybe red meat can give you cancer? So can the sun. Do you avoid sunlight? Just live your life and be happy.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    When you are dead, you are dead. But if it gives you pleasure to eat steak instead of something boring, you'll die happy. Maybe red meat can give you cancer? So can the sun. Do you avoid sunlight? Just live your life and be happy.
    Actually, yeah, limiting unprotected sun exposure is a good idea....
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kenjoshx View Post
    Would lean to the other brahs advice about choosing your cuts of meat, go with salmon -if you can afford it- and yes, eat enough of dark green vegetables
    Lol if he can afford steak every day, this seems pretty doable.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Gotta limit steak as it might cause cancer. Kind of like cigarettes but even worse. I know people who have smoked 40 years without indecent. Try eating steak everyday for 40 years. Another story.

Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bopshewonnie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Lol if he can afford steak every day, this seems pretty doable.
    Gotta get the $2.99 a pound steak. It's like eating a belt, but it's steak

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bopshewonnie View Post
    Gotta limit steak as it might cause cancer. Kind of like cigarettes but even worse. I know people who have smoked 40 years without indecent. Try eating steak everyday for 40 years. Another story.
    I see why you’re red

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hell yes! I would. Sadly I can't really afford it though. But try to get as much as I can.
    I did nothing but steak and eggs years ago for three weeks straight and felt great.
    What I would worry about more is the plastics that are getting into everything. I mean nobody even knows how that's going to turn out. Can't imagine it be good.

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah go for it man! I eat steak pretty much everyday. I just make sure it’s grass fed and I don’t char it. I also eat about 10 servings of veggies a day and try not to eat any sugar.
    Inb4 sugar is not bad....
    I have my own personal reasons for not eating it. Good luck!

When I worked in a steakhouse I brought steak home and ate it every day. Very little processed carbs lots of salad from our salad bar. Best shape of my life

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    When I worked in a steakhouse I brought steak home and ate it every day. Very little processed carbs lots of salad from our salad bar. Best shape of my life

It's interesting to me that many people mention they get in better shape when limiting some kind of carb source, processed or otherwise. Nobody seems to mention getting in better shape/leaner when they cut out higher fat source/oils/fried stuff.

When I was a fat teenager, fried and oily foods were WAY more abundant in my diet, and honestly since trimming down severely at age 17-18, I'd say the two main things that have seemingly kept me lean were:

1. Removing fried foods/added oils almost completely
    2. Removing alcohol almost completely (maybe 2-4 drinks in a whole year)

I think when people (not you, but most) say they 'limit carbs' they're really just talking about foods that they THINK are super high carbs (pizza, burgers, donuts, cake) but in reality they're almost always a higher proportion of fat calories than carb calories.

Maybe that's just me, but if anything hidden oils/fat calories in things like restaurant foods seem WAY, WAY more likely to contribute to extra calories and fat gain than extra sugar or carbs.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-31-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    It's interesting to me that many people mention they get in better shape when limiting some kind of carb source, processed or otherwise. Nobody seems to mention getting in better shape/leaner when they cut out higher fat source/oils/fried stuff.

When I was a fat teenager, fried and oily foods were WAY more abundant in my diet, and honestly since trimming down severely at age 17-18, I'd say the two main things that have seemingly kept me lean were:

1. Removing fried foods/added oils almost completely
    2. Removing alcohol almost completely (maybe 2-4 drinks in a whole year)

I think when people (not you, but most) say they 'limit carbs' they're really just talking about foods that they THINK are super high carbs (pizza, burgers, donuts, cake) but in reality they're almost always a higher proportion of fat calories than carb calories.

Maybe that's just me, but if anything hidden oils/fat calories in things like restaurant foods seem WAY, WAY more likely to contribute to extra calories and fat gain than extra sugar or carbs.
    the things you mention are very high in calories (donuts etc) and for most people they don’t satiate well and those 2 combined factors can make it difficult to lose fat. That is an anecdotal observation. Many restaurants have a menu that can put a damper on staying low cal is a true statement. Best to avoid those when possible.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    the things you mention are very high in calories (donuts etc) and for most people they don’t satiate well and those 2 combined factors can make it difficult to lose fat. That is an anecdotal observation. Many restaurants have a menu that can put a damper on staying low cal is a true statement. Best to avoid those when possible.
    I agree, I was more commenting specifically the lower-carb/processed carb route most people go to or attribute their leanness/fat loss to... when in fact I think it’s moreso added oils and refined sugar specially to processed foods where the additional carbs/fats offer added texture and taste but with no impact on fullness.

I agree, I was more commenting specifically the lower-carb/processed carb route most people go to or attribute their leanness/fat loss to... when in fact I think it’s moreso added oils and refined sugar specially to processed foods where the additional carbs/fats offer added texture and taste but with no impact on fullness.
    yep

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Workingoutdude View Post
    In the wake of Chadwick Boseman's recent death due to colon cancer, a friend of ours who's a gastroenterologist warned us about excessive red meat consumption, which is a risk factor. If you have a family history of colon cancer, try cutting down on your red meat intake.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AndyLausmax View Post
    In the wake of Chadwick Boseman's recent death due to colon cancer, a friend of ours who's a gastroenterologist warned us about excessive red meat consumption, which is a risk factor. If you have a family history of colon cancer, try cutting down on your red meat intake.
    Even without the family history it raises the risk for colorectal cancer.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This. I’d like to see someone who became obese because they ate too much plain white rice. Yet, i srsly know people who will skip rice with dinner so they can have cake for dessert because “carbs”. I’ve also heard people say they like to eat their burgers without the bun to “save carbs” for their french fries. Holyfukingchitcringe!!!!
    Last edited by Strawng; 08-31-2020 at 10:25 PM.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    This. I’d like to see someone who became obese because they ate too much plain white rice. Yet, i srsly know people who will skip rice with dinner so they can have cake for dessert because “carbs”. I’ve also heard people say they like to eat their burgers without the bun to “save carbs” for their french fries. Holyfukingchitcringe!!!!
    I understand that it is still about total net calories, but white rice does seem to me like a choice which would be easier than most to consume too much of unintentionally, especially if it's paired with something oily or fat-laden already (which would be the principle point of difference with the cake, anyway).

Honestly I fall in this camp and like rice as a volumizer or base for whatever else I'm eating because it's cheap, filling, and quite convenient, but shy away because it seems like it's not the best choice for whatever carbs I am going to have, against something like oatmeal or wheat bran. So within the macro count you're aiming for, you're saying the GMI or whatever other macronutritional factors don't matter at all?

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by George2100 View Post
    Yeah go for it man! I eat steak pretty much everyday. I just make sure it’s grass fed and I don’t char it. I also eat about 10 servings of veggies a day and try not to eat any sugar.
    Inb4 sugar is not bad....
    I have my own personal reasons for not eating it. Good luck!
    Sugar is not bad

If you can afford steak every day then go for it, just know that it's a bit of a gamble depending on whether red meat does actually have negative health implications when consumed as part of a healthy diet

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I understand that it is still about total net calories, but white rice does seem to me like a choice which would be easier than most to consume too much of unintentionally, especially if it's paired with something oily or fat-laden already (which would be the principle point of difference with the cake, anyway).

Honestly I fall in this camp and like rice as a volumizer or base for whatever else I'm eating because it's cheap, filling, and quite convenient, but shy away because it seems like it's not the best choice for whatever carbs I am going to have, against something like oatmeal or wheat bran. So within the macro count you're aiming for, you're saying the GMI or whatever other macronutritional factors don't matter at all?
    I meant white rice alone. If white rice is making you fat, it’s because of the oily or fatty things you’re pairing it with. I agree that I can eat a huge amount of white rice, but it’s very hard to overeat on its own. Fays are typically necessary to make even the simplest carbs hyperpalatable enough to massively overeat. I can eat an endless amount of sushi & have. In theory, I could eat an endless amount of plain white rice. I wouldn’t do that though & no one else likely would either because it’s very bland. Fats are typically needed with the carbs or sugar to make them desirable to massively overeat.
    Last edited by Strawng; 09-01-2020 at 07:10 AM.

I meant white rice alone. If white rice is making you fat, it’s because of the oily or fatty things you’re pairing it with. I agree that I can eat a huge amount of white rice, but it’s very hard to overeat on its own. Fays are typically necessary to make even the simplest carbs hyperpalatable enough to massively overeat. I can eat an endless amount of sushi & have. In theory, I could eat an endless amount of plain white rice. I wouldn’t do that though & no one else likely would either because it’s very bland. Fats are typically needed with the carbs or sugar to make them desirable to massively overeat.
    I'm not too sure about these ideas. For example: I can eat a high amount of muesli with honey. Low fat but easy to overeat. I don't think I'd have any problem smashing white rice either.

Or mango sticky rice, even without the coconut milk, super easy to overeat.

Adding fat does make it easier, I agree. But still easy to overeat on high carb low fat.

If fats aren't a significant portion of it, I suppose I would have to eat literally several hundred grams of rice (mixed with something like salsa) to put me much over maintenance with normal portions otherwise throughout the day. So, when you do eat white rice (besides as sushi), what do you usually pair it with?

While the desirability aspect certainly holds true, I think the consumption limiter has more to do with it literally being an easily consumable consistency. White rice by itself is actually difficult to get down much at a time for me, because it's so thick and sticky.