Page 11 of 242 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Ding ding ding ding ding!!
    You know this is perplexing to me, my BIL had his second shot, the doctor told him he still needs to wash his hands and wear a mask, so I asked him can you still get Covid and he said, according to the doctor yes, but it wont be "lethal"...

I am not against anyone getting vaccinated if it makes them feel safe for themselves and others, but shouldn't (I am no doctor) the vaccine provide you some sense of security?

All of my wife's sister got their shots as I mention her only brother as well. Her aunt and uncle who are close to 80 also got theirs so Patty feels more comfortable now and she is going to get hers, once again, just like when she took the test she is asking me if I am going to get vaccinated and I told her no.

This Covid has had my wife and I disagreeing more in our whole 39 years together. I love my wife to death, she always stands behind my decisions as I do hers and we support one another 100%, but this Covid sh!t man, this has her (not me) not supporting my decision and quite frankly it is starting to piss me off and one thing my wife knows is pissing me off is not a good thing..
    On the list for Bannukah

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by exyl View Post
    Conspiracy talking points? I think the questions are pretty valid. Saying I’m a conspiracy theorist for things I can observe and question is lazy.

I just don’t think it’s necessary. I think we agree that it should be a choice — I do think we will probably see segregation in businesses with the vaccine passport. There will probably be businesses who only allow vaccinated people to shop or work there, as well as businesses who don’t enforce these types of measures
    You posted a pic of Gates - the same guy Qidiots say is trying to microchip us through vaccines. Your questions seem valid to you because of your ignorance on the topic (deliberate?), not because they haven't been answered. Talk about lazy.

As for what businesses will and won't do that's speculation but the other poster even made reference to a local clinic not requiring them due to people not wanting to work there. I think we see that more than the opposite (since we are playing the what if game).
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    You know this is perplexing to me, my BIL had his second shot, the doctor told him he still needs to wash his hands and wear a mask, so I asked him can you still get Covid and he said, according to the doctor yes, but it wont be "lethal"...

I am not against anyone getting vaccinated if it makes them feel safe for themselves and others, but shouldn't (I am no doctor) the vaccine provide you some sense of security?

All of my wife's sister got their shots as I mention her only brother as well. Her aunt and uncle who are close to 80 also got theirs so Patty feels more comfortable now and she is going to get hers, once again, just like when she took the test she is asking me if I am going to get vaccinated and I told her no.

This Covid has had my wife and I disagreeing more in our whole 39 years together. I love my wife to death, she always stands behind my decisions as I do hers and we support one another 100%, but this Covid sh!t man, this has her (not me) not supporting my decision and quite frankly it is starting to piss me off and one thing my wife knows is pissing me off is not a good thing..

Everything I have read, the vaccination protecting the recipient from the effects of the virus, not a lot of data on it from people catching and spreading it, I guess time will tell that. Don't throw your masks away yet

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’ll get vaccinated when it’s my turn.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I’ll get vaccinated when it’s my turn.

I am going to see which one is offered to me, then research a bit more before I make a decision

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    You posted a pic of Gates - the same guy Qidiots say is trying to microchip us through vaccines. Your questions seem valid to you because of your ignorance on the topic (deliberate?), not because they haven't been answered. Talk about lazy.

As for what businesses will and won't do that's speculation but the other poster even made reference to a local clinic not requiring them due to people not wanting to work there. I think we see that more than the opposite (since we are playing the what if game).
    Notsureifserious...Gates is trying to microchip through vaccines..this isn’t news.
    Also getting vaccinated for a virus less deadly than the flu is absurd.

https://biohackinfo.com/news-bill-ga...-certificates/

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Notsureifserious...Gates is trying to microchip through vaccines..this isn’t news.

And this is why we can't have nice things...

PS not clicking that link. Might get microchipped from it.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And this is why we can't have nice things....
    Umm we can’t have nice things because one side keeps canceling everything lol. How’s Mr. Potato Head..?
    Nice projection though. Keep trying..maybe one day you’ll post something intelligent

And this is why we can't have nice things...

PS not clicking that link. Might get microchipped from it.
    The link is a pro-bio hacking website..they are all for it. They are computer geeks that love Gates lol
    Last edited by Paul Kreul; 03-06-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Everything I have read, the vaccination protecting the recipient from the effects of the virus, not a lot of data on it from people catching and spreading it, I guess time will tell that. Don't throw your masks away yet]
    It’s highly likely that if it prevents you from getting COVID it prevents you from spreading it, since you would never generate enough viral load to become infectious. If the vaccine allowed enough viral replication to become infectious, you would have a lower efficacy because more people would get sick. The whole continue to wear masks, distance etc is just to keep everyone following the mitigation’s until more vaccines are delivered to larger numbers of people. You can’t say “if you’ve been vaccinated go ahead and do whatever you want” because then everyone would follow along whether vaccinated or not. At this point, I think we can assume big pharma will be trying to ensure that they can sell as many as possible for those federal dollars. To think they don’t have a LOT of clout is a mistake. Lobbyists know exactly how to help drive political positions $$$.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am going to see which one is offered to me, then research a bit more before I make a decision
    Can’t we request which one or is it whatever they have on hand?
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    It’s highly likely that if it prevents you from getting COVID it prevents you from spreading it, since you would never generate enough viral load to become infectious. If the vaccine allowed enough viral replication to become infectious, you would have a lower efficacy because more people would get sick. The whole continue to wear masks, distance etc is just to keep everyone following the mitigation’s until more vaccines are delivered to larger numbers of people. You can’t say “if you’ve been vaccinated go ahead and do whatever you want” because then everyone would follow along whether vaccinated or not. At this point, I think we can assume big pharma will be trying to ensure that they can sell as many as possible for those federal dollars. To think they don’t have a LOT of clout is a mistake. Lobbyists know exactly how to help drive political positions $$$.
    That's more comforting then what my doctor told me, thanks for the info PP

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Can’t we request which one or is it whatever they have on hand?

Guess that depends on your area, when I asked my Doctor they said it will depend on availability, but he didn't seem to think we would be able to pick and choose, that was a while back, may have changed by now.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CAN WE REQUEST WHICH INTEL CHIP WE GET?

I mean if i am going to get chipped, i want the I-1,000,000 Intel chip for faster processing.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It’s highly likely that if it prevents you from getting COVID ...
    what do you mean by "Covid", if you mean the currently dominant strain(s) then yes.

But it's a coronavirus, the outer coat mutates and the bodies immune response fades. It's like the common cold which you can catch the same one more than once in a lifetime and have thousands of strains to pick from.

If everyone is vaccinated to the currently one we just select conditions for a different one that evades vaccination to have the advantage. You can't defeat the common cold, you can't defeat Covid.

Herd immunity and vaccination works for specific strains (or families of strains) but overall virus... there's no such thing as herd immunity or vaccination. What we can achieve instead is familiarity. So our bodies have seen similar strains and is ok about it, give or take a brief minor illness, just like the common cold. That's our endgame and vaccination is part of the game, but don't sell it as the solution to stop the spread. Roll with the punches.

Umm we can’t have nice things because one side keeps canceling everything lol. How’s Mr. Potato Head..?
    Nice projection though. Keep trying..maybe one day you’ll post something intelligent
    Speaking of projection...

You seem easily triggered. Grab a Coke and chill out tough guy.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 03-06-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Cancel culture is stupid but have fun w/ the strawman
    ☻/
    /▌

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    CAN WE REQUEST WHICH INTEL CHIP WE GET?

I mean if i am going to get chipped, i want the I-1,000,000 Intel chip for faster processing.
    I chose Apple. The same idiots who parrot this walk around all day with their cell phones.
    ☻/
    /▌

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ..How’s Mr. Potato Head..?...
    come on Paul, you know that's not politically correct, the Potato family are not assumed to conform to your binary stereotypes and are now known by Hasbro as "The Potato heads". We've been through this one already!

To anyone who did get vaccinated already, were you given a choice in what vaccine you got?

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    what do you mean by "Covid", if you mean the currently dominant strain(s) then yes.

But it's a coronavirus, the outer coat mutates and the bodies immune response fades. It's like the common cold which you can catch the same one more than once in a lifetime and have thousands of strains to pick from.

If everyone is vaccinated to the currently one we just select conditions for a different one that evades vaccination to have the advantage. You can't defeat the common cold, you can't defeat Covid.

Herd immunity and vaccination works for specific strains (or families of strains) but overall virus... there's no such thing as herd immunity or vaccination. What we can achieve instead is familiarity. So our bodies have seen similar strains and is ok about it, give or take a brief minor illness, just like the common cold. That's our endgame and vaccination is part of the game, but don't sell it as the solution to stop the spread. Roll with the punches.
    COVID-19 is the disease resulting from the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Mutations would have been occurring since day 1, they are nothing new. So far, the mutations have not been significant enough to really change much. As far as being “more contagious” I would imagine that through the process of natural selection we would have brought that on through mask use. We would essentially select for the smaller viral particles size virus (range is 50-200) so by wearing masks the smaller particles would have a higher potential of getting past/through a mask, replicating, and moving their specific traits forward. There are always transcription errors that lead to changes, some make the virus more successful others less. If the variations were significant enough to allow for reinfection then I’d agree with you, but so far they are not. In fact, the cases of “confirmed reinfection” are so low, that many if not all are the result of one of the tests being a false positive. If the “variants” were different enough to allow for reinfection, the vaccines wouldn’t work. There are not that many known coronaviruses that cause the common cold, or respiratory illness (less then 10). Most colds are caused by rhinoviruses which there are more and they can recombinate and share genetic material like influenza viruses, which allows for major changes in a short period of time.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

haha such is life I guess. But yea I’m waiting myself to get the vaccine. I’m taking precautions but I’m worried about unknown side effects of humans instructing the body to do some chit. That’s just too much intervention imo
    **^^ gone ^^**

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Bh a lot of the confusion comes from experts not being 100% sure about outcomes, when the advice was given a year ago and things changed or morphed. There are some things that they just are not sure about and this freaks some personality types the fk out! What i saw was a chart that showed with the P+M brand shots, after 60 days you were 90+ percent protected so 5-10% not not protected. You do what you want with that 5-10% but i will change behavior after i get mine with that peace of mind.
    Last edited by x-trainer ben; 03-06-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

..., the cases of “confirmed reinfection” are so low, that many if not all are the result of one of the tests being a false positive...
    Are we discussing the same virus? Manaus (Capital of the Amazon region) was hit very hard and health services overwhelmed (didn't have effective measures to slow transmission and basic health services) serology estimates that 75% of the population had been infected and the city achieved herd immunity (to the original variants of sars-cov2) but despite that they got hit again by another wave which again overwhelmed their basic health system. (Confirmed as genetic differences on spike proteins evading immunity from prior infection). Reinfection by variants is established, not a distraction by outliers and false positives but in large populations - using a city of 2 million as an example.

Have a read of this https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n592. (Incidentally the individual discussed was traced).

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Are we discussing the same virus? Manaus (Capital of the Amazon region) was hit very hard and health services overwhelmed (didn't have effective measures to slow transmission and basic health services) serology estimates that 75% of the population had been infected and the city achieved herd immunity (to the original variants of sars-cov2) but despite that they got hit again by another wave which again overwhelmed their basic health system. (Confirmed as genetic differences on spike proteins evading immunity from prior infection). Reinfection by variants is established, not a distraction by outliers and false positives but in large populations - using a city of 2 million as an example.

Have a read of this https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n592. (Incidentally the individual discussed was traced).
    I’m not sure that we are. Despite the “health care system” of somewhere I’ve never heard of in the jungle being overwhelmed, to date there have been fewer than 50 CONFIRMED cases of COVID-19 reinfection, worldwide. That’s according to the CDC here in the US. There are somewhere around 400 suspected cases of reinfection, worldwide. So maybe we are talking about something different.

I’m not sure how they gathered their data, but it sounds like it could have been an “estimation” of herd immunity that turned out to simply be a reduced infection rate between a pair of surges.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 03-06-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majurbludd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had this stupid virus. Its not $hit. Seasonal allergies are worse. I will pass on the vaccine.
    **New Jersey Crew 732**

Originally Posted by Majurbludd View Post
    I had this stupid virus. Its not $hit. Seasonal allergies are worse. I will pass on the vaccine.
    Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones, many others weren't so fortunate

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-in-new-study/

Through analysis of Johns Hopkins University virus mortality data and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) data on obesity, the World Obesity Federation—a non-profit associated with the WHO—calculated that 2.2 million of the pandemic’s 2.5 million global deaths were in countries with high levels of obesity.

The report found death rates were 10x higher in countries where more than 50% of the population is overweight, pointing to the U.K. and the U.S. as examples.
    Obesity appears be close to age as a factor in outcomes.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-in-new-study/

Obesity appears be close to age as a factor in outcomes.
    Here is a fun hypothetical, how long will it take to solve the usa obesity problem? Can we do it b4 the covid gets people first,lol?

To anyone who did get vaccinated already, were you given a choice in what vaccine you got?
    I am last on the list but the gf had no choice, the state was doing all Moderna.
    I then callled the Hopkins connected hospital and they said we use Pfizer in DC.
    Lastly, I called their location in MD and they said we use whatever they send us,lol.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Here is a fun hypothetical, how long will it take to solve the usa obesity problem? Can we do it b4 the covid gets people first,lol?
    Dude, they should always have emphasized that, every day, the healthcare experts very well know it's killing us, even before covid.

Covid is not going anywhere, it's here to stay. And be a year in the news and never tell people about to lose weight but close gyms etc. is just irresponsible.