Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question EliteFTS BYO 3x3 Dip Attachment

When I bought my rack I didn't get the dip handles, instead I got them on the SuperBench, but I'm not too pleased with it (can't really use the dip belt with them, bench gets in the way).

Anyways, was going to buy the dip attachment for the 3x3 when I noticed there are two different types of dip attachments (apparently only one is available on the website as a separate order though).

One is http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=717 (I think this is the one that would have came with the power rack based on photos of other members' 3x3s)

And the other is seen attached to the power rack here: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=715

So now I'm wondering which I should get. (I'm sure I could call and get the one from the R3)

Also, if I decide on the one with 2 separate pieces, I could just order it directly through Williams or one of their dealers? It's cheaper by $20, and I'm assuming it's identical? (http://www.flexcart.com/members/fatb...cid=91&pid=164) (Assuming it's for the 3x3 frame and not 2x2.)

What would you guys get? I'm thinking the separate dip bars might be more convenient, since I could face them inwards or outwards, and the 1-piece dip attachment's only advantage is a smaller footprint? But maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for any input!

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for posting. This is right in my interest area as I just got a used elite rack. It didn't come with dip bars and I don't have a way to dip right now, so I'll probably have to buy these. This sucks as they are very expensive.

I'm guessing the one piece is cheaper, but not sure. If not, I see no benefit. I like the two piece better as well. I was looking at the one from WS too, and actually, the shipping was cheaper there too, so I'd save about $31. I'm not sure if those are the 2x2 or 3x3 though as there was no option to change size. I'd call before I bought.

Unless the one piece is way cheaper (cheap and elite fts seldom go together), I'll be getting the 2 piece. I will say, if they're built like the rack and the bench.....I can understand why they cost $200!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For that price...do you guys not have space for a dip station like the Body-Solid unit?

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I could probably force the issue and make space, but I don't want to. I have a hard enough time as it is with the stuff I have. My space is weird and the equipment I have (plus wanting to keep some free space) make it hard to orient effectively. I've actually given up some pieces I kind of regret in order to keep it neater (tbar station, preacher curl, and currently a nice ab bench).

I don't like the price, but its a $3000 rack.....I guess they didn't think $200 would make anybody blink! I still think its over priced, heck their commercial dip station is about a hundo more and its probably 5x as much steel!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the two piece dip bars for my efs rack. They work well, not much else I can say lol, they're dip bars. If I had the choice between the 1 and 2 piece I'd go for the 2 piece as well. Good luck dudes!

Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How about this option: I send you the 2-piece dip attachments for free + shipping

Seriously. I ordered the attachments from EFS and then they sent me a second pair to make amends for screwing up my rack order twice. What is a guy to do with two sets of dip attachments? Would have been nice if they took note of the fact that I already had some dip attachments and sent me something else.. but whatever. Let me know.
    Last edited by Manzooka; 04-01-2011 at 04:40 AM.

acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

That's a real nice gesture manzooka. Props to you for even offering!

Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
    How about this option: I send you the 2-piece dip attachments for free + shipping

Seriously. I ordered the attachments from EFS and then they sent me a second pair to make amends for screwing up my rack order twice. What is a guy to do with two sets of dip attachments? Would have been nice if they took note of the fact that I already had some dip attachments and sent me something else.. but whatever. Let me know.

Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the tips guys. Everyone seems to be thinking along the same lines as me. I'll go for the 2-piece, even if the 1-piece were to be cheaper, I'd rather spend a little more for "the best".

Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post

Damn, if you wouldn't mind that would be sweet, bro! I'd very much appreciate it. I'll send you a PM.

+reps to all, thanks again for always helping me choose what to buy

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recommend wall mounted dip bars. I have some that allow you to do vertical knee raises as well. They are rock solid. I used to have dip bars for my powertec rack until I sold it, but much prefer the wall mounted option.

Got back a response from a Williams rep, this might help someone out so I'll paste the e-mail here.

Yes, we manufacture all the EliteFTS strength equipment. But, if you have an Elite rack, you have to get the attachments through Elite. The size of the holes in the rack posts are smaller on the Elite rack (that’s what makes the difference between my racks and Elite’s, plus hole spacing). My dip attachments are for 3 x 3 racks and they are for 1” holes and you have ¾” holes in your rack. You will need the dip attachments for an Elite 3 x 3 rack. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,

Will Ellison
    Total Strength & Speed/Williams Strength Products
    803-960-3335 (cell)

Originally Posted by Giovanni24 View Post
    Got back a response from a Williams rep, this might help someone out so I'll paste the e-mail here.

Yes, we manufacture all the EliteFTS strength equipment. But, if you have an Elite rack, you have to get the attachments through Elite. The size of the holes in the rack posts are smaller on the Elite rack (that’s what makes the difference between my racks and Elite’s, plus hole spacing). My dip attachments are for 3 x 3 racks and they are for 1” holes and you have ¾” holes in your rack. You will need the dip attachments for an Elite 3 x 3 rack. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,

Will Ellison
    Total Strength & Speed/Williams Strength Products
    803-960-3335 (cell)

Which would be fine if they didn't charge so much more for the product. I assume they have some contractual agreement with Williams to do it this way.

meh...

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Which would be fine if they didn't charge so much more for the product. I assume they have some contractual agreement with Williams to do it this way.

meh...
    Yeah, they do have something along those lines. When I first posted on here and was looking at a rack, I originally was thinking an EFS rack. I saw that the Econ and BYO 3x3 rack were nearly the same thing, except a huge price disparity. I called up Williams and just asked about getting an Econ 3x3 with monkey chin bar (only avail on the higher end models) and even though they make it - they wouldn't sell me it unless it went through Elite. They'll make a bar with neutral grips, but it's not exactly the same...so there's some agreement going on there.