CloudChaser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am uneven lol Have a few questions

Ok, So I will be starting my third weeks of working out on tomorrow. I am down 8 pounds, but still have a ways to go. One thing I have noticed, is that my dominant arm (right) which I bowl with every week, is huge in comparison to my left arm. My question is, should I try to do a few more reps with my smaller arm? Or should I keep doing everything even, and eventually they will even out?

lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is not uncommon. You can use dumbbells to help balance them out. Just depends on what program you are using.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United

KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Usually we all have muscular imbalance. I can also vouch that my right arm is a little stronger than my left (due to holding groceries, bags, etc. in that arm).

As long as you apply the same stress (via resistance) both arms should end up having the same strength. Your weak arm will adapt to the heavier weight and get stronger while your strong arm won't adapt, much, to the lighter weight (it'll basically maintain strength).

So yes, to keep it simple, just keep everything even. But you can always go the other route too as well.
    Keith Alpichi , B.S. in Kinesiology, CPT, and Founder of KA Fitness & Athletics

Online personal training (Personalized exercise and nutritional programming via online training software application)
    Bootcamp group training & sports performance training based out of San Jose, Ca

Visit www.keithalpichi.com
    For training and business inquiries please email keith@keithalpichi.com

Edit: Thank you KAFitness. You sent that message while I was writing this one in response to the guy before you lol

I am not using any program in particular. I go to the gym, play about 30 minutes of basketball while my preworkout is kicking in. Then I go lift for about an hour and a half, then I ride the bike for cardio for 25 minutes to finish my day. When doing my dumbbells curls etc. should I do like 5 extra reps on the weaker arm? or should I just keep doing my sets evenly with both arms?

KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CloudChaser View Post
    Edit: Thank you KAFitness.
    When doing my dumbbells curls etc. should I do like 5 extra reps on the weaker arm? or should I just keep doing my sets evenly with both arms?
    Instead of increasing reps, I would add more weight. The increased weight will make your weak arm stronger more than reps will.

Online personal training (Personalized exercise and nutritional programming via online training software application)

Originally Posted by KAFitness View Post
    Instead of increasing reps, I would add more weight. The increased weight will make your weak arm stronger more than reps will.
    Increase weight with just the weak arm?

Originally Posted by CloudChaser View Post
    Increase weight with just the weak arm?
    To keep it simple, use the same weight for both arms. You can even add an extra set & weight at the end but perform the set with only the weak arm. That way that arm gets more volume.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its probably not as bad of a difference as you think. Keep doing free weights and eventually you will not notice it.