Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pizza! (even Better Than 'normal' Pizza)

I first made this yesterday and fell in love.
    It's filling.. it's delicious and best of all.. it's keto friendly!

CRUST:
    1 tbs. almond flour (ground almonds)
    1 tbs. parmesean cheese
    1 tbs. olive oil (I usually use a little less)
    1 egg (you could also just use egg white if you prefer to lighten the calories)

*extras - you can also add garlic.. or any other herbs and spices

Mix everything together and fry it like a pancake.

THEN

top with your favourtie toppings! I usually use just a little bit of spaghetti sauce, sausage, onion and as much cheese as I can find.

I just pop this in the oven at 350 degrees and wait 5-10 minutes (until the cheese has melted)

It's DELICIOUS. Very soft and chewy.. but really tastes like pizza!

Have fun
    **Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up**

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sounds good, can you buy almond flour or do you have to make it?

kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you CAN buy it.

I bought myn at Bulk Barn.
    **Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up**

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u can also make it in a food processor just grind up the almonds but not too long or the oils come out and almond butter will start to form. Plus u can choose flavors if u make it like wasabi almond flour mmm
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks for the recipe it sounds great. Im going to have to try this some time.

QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000)
    I made this last night and it was great!

1/4 cup peanut meal
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. baking powder

I mixed it all up and cooked it like a pancake. Then I topped it with 1 of the chicken breasts from this recipe: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes...er-111677.aspx

It was very good!

For the crust:
    Calories: 400
    Fat: 29
    Protein: 28
    Carbs (net):2
    Past: 330lbs in May 2005. Competed at 154 at Unified National Armwrestling Championship in June 2009.
    Present: 180ish

ReForce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Got mine in the oven at the moment, but the damn thing fell apart in the frying pan when I tried to flip it over, so its sort of a disfigured pizzabase. Anyway I ground 1/4 cup almonds into a meal, 1/4 cup of cheese, two eggs and a tsp of baking powder. Topped it with some tomato paste, cheese, ham, olives, mushrooms. how long did you guys cook it for in the frying pan? I think I probably tried to flip mine too early...

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Won't the pasta sauce ruin the Keto?

I used about two tbs tomato paste, probably about 5-6g carbs. Was a bit concerned about the almonds too, as I'm new to keto, but I'm presuming the whole net carbs thing means carbs less dietary fibre, in which case it worked out at about 2-3g net carbs from them.

frojoe747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Made this recipe and it was awesome!

Added garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper before I popped it in the oven and put a little of each into the crust mixture.

I took a picture...if anyone's interested, I'll post it.

Thanks for the awesome recipe!

NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NoS_oUtLaSt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by frojoe747 View Post
    Made this recipe and it was awesome!

Added garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper before I popped it in the oven and put a little of each into the crust mixture.

I took a picture...if anyone's interested, I'll post it.

Thanks for the awesome recipe!
    Post the picture brah I'm interested in seeing how this turned out
    I have no idea why I came back

frojoe747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NoS_oUtLaSt View Post
    Post the picture brah I'm interested in seeing how this turned out
    ****, looks like I can't post the pics til I'm at 30 posts...so give me a few days, haha. I'll PM you the pics though.

edit: looks like I can post them as attachments so here ya go:

Here's what the crust looked like. Used my own almond flour (chopped up the nuts)
    (first photo)

Added 1/8 cup of homestyle tomato sauce (2g carbs) and about 1/4 cup of italian cheese mix (1 carb). Lighting is bad and used my cell so pic is pretty blurry...but you get the idea.
    (2nd photo)

I doubled the recipe for a bigger pizza and made sure to melt butter in the pan so it was easy to flip over the crust. Also added oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder to the "batter" and then a lil on top of the pizza before I popped it in the oven to melt the cheese.

I've made this a couple times now...make sure you put spices in the dough/batter...makes a big difference in taste. Definitely adding pepperoni next time (don't have any at home now).
    Attached Images
    Last edited by frojoe747; 06-22-2009 at 04:26 AM.

wow, that looks delicious man. your base turned out way better than mine!

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I started the keto diet today. I'm really curious to see if this diet will work and give me the energy i need to perform my daily tasks.

Going to try this pizza though. Looks delicious.

Edit.

Just went to the grocery store and purchase all the ingredients for this pizza. the only thing i will change is, i will try and use flax meal. I hope it works.
    Last edited by kudostojen; 06-22-2009 at 02:30 PM.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey how you doin becca that site you gave me is keeping me alive !!!!!!!

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made the Pizza after my workout today. AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I topped it with cheese, peperoni and a couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce. Well below my carb count. It was great. With the almond flour and egg it was perfect.

I doubled up simply because the almond powder was 1/4 cup per serving. So with that two eggs and two tablespoons of olive oil and the Parmesan cheese.

spectacular dish. Baked it for about 5 or so minutes, cut it in slices and yum yum.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just tried this a few minutes ago......fantastic!

Total net carb count was under 5. That's amazing.

Natural Bodybuilder kingleviathan's Avatar
    kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Delicious!

Just tried making this today. Threw garlic powder in my batter and parmesan cheese after it was all made as well as in the batter. Almost lost it though when I was cooking the crust, but it was saved so I could enjoy. Def a recipe worth making again.
    "For 14 weeks it's all about this contest. No world, just me, the gym, the treadmill, taking care of business." - Jay Cutler

"Success is not an accident but a carefully planned endeavor. "
    "Every man is the architect of his destiny. "
    "You must master yourself before you can master anything else. "
    - Frank Bolella

"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche.

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking man I just made this!

Ill havta post a pic tomorrow- too lazy. sorry

but I cut up little pieces of chicken thigh and topped it on there.

I used an eggwhite and only 1 tsp of olive oil (last meal of the day and already gonna be slightly over macros :P well worth it though, plus I did cardio today so ) I also put garlic powder, black pepper, paprika and oregano in the crust.

man was soo good, actuallly reminds me of more a flat bread type crust. This "crust" recipe would be great for sandwhiches etc on keto.

next time im gonna make a more mex version with ground beef, cheese, top it with a teeny bit of salsa and a bit of sour cream, yum!

sad thing, like clock work since I started eating dairy due to keto diet, my allergies are back and awful, so im gonna havta limit the cheese :

Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cannon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im allergic to all types of nuts, is there anything I could substitute for the almond flour

rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rm14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This made my day, thank you.

Xdurango has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried this last night and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!

I have tried various Flax, Pork Rind and Cauliflower recipes, but this combination came closest to a floppy slice of pizza.

sboneill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just tried this, pretty awesome

si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000) si1ver is just really nice. (+1000)
    made this a couple times, taste great

feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Instead of red sauce, you can try putting alfredo sauce on. Then, top it with lots of spinach, broccoli, and or some other leafy green and some chicken. Haven't tried it, but that sounds seriously good!

Registered User NormanLUnderwoo's Avatar
    NormanLUnderwoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow nice..Very nice..I liked your post kickchickbecca!!
    Thanks a lot..I really love pizza!!! Its my favorite!!
    Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liveone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Made it today and it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

I want to experiment and see if I can make the crust more crispy than floppy. Any suggestions? Fry it longer? No egg yolk? Maybe bake it for a while at a high temperature before I put on the sauce and cheese?

I'm not much of a cook but managed to make a delicious snack per your directions. If I can make it crispy I'd be in heaven!

IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm always afraid to eat delicious keto recipes, because i think it might trigger other dangerous eating habits

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow! just tried this today... loved it! Thanks KCB. Next i'm going to try making a family size one

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i am trying this tonight....sounds goood.....do you need to oil the frying pane before making the crust?