Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There's only one problem. No weight plates are available anywhere.

I have not bought weight plates in a very long time because I had the gym. Now I'm looking into the Powertec Leverage Machine instead of a Bowflex. There's only one problem. I have no idea where to buy weight plates. They don't exist anywhere. I've checked my local sporting goods store and not one weight plate or dumbbell was available.

Now regarding The PowerTec Leverage Gym, do the plates have to be a certain size or brand? Or will some not fit?

This is the only downside to buying free weights over something like a Bowflex. I checked Ebay and you have to pay hundreds of dollars just to get a 25 pound plate. So we are looking at possibly 3 to 5 grand just to get a few hundred pounds of plates. Am I wrong here? Am I not researching it right?

Part of the reason I started looking into adjustable dumbbells is there is no way to get any weight plates or dumbbells. And ironically, I can't get adjustable dumbbells either because they aren't available.

So I really am interested in the Leverage Home Gym, but unfortunately I don't know where I would even be able to buy weighted plates. If you could give me advice, like maybe where I should check, I'd appreciate it. But if I have to pay more for weights than the machine itself, I'm not sure I could swing it.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rogue is restocking daily, you just have to be fast or use distill or the Rogue stock bot (don't ask me how those things work because I've never used them). I have heard of people getting plates from Rep, American Barbell, as well as York. You just can't expect to stroll onto some website and find a bunch of weights in stock right now.

VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Set up search e-mail alerts on craigslist for terms like olympic, weights, plates, etc... that way you don't have to check craigslist continually and once you get a hit respond immediately.

Also check ******** marketplace regularly. I don't think they have an alerts feature.

Prices are high, with many asking $2 per lb for even standard olympic plates, but you can still find the odd lot who doesn't know the market rate and get a good deal. Just have to be fast.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vulcan Strength and Fringe Sport are a couple other retailers to keep an eye on.

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just bought 8 45lb, 10 25lb, and 4 10lb rubber coated oly plates from Force USA. Of course, they're out of stock now but I was happy AF when I finally got the order in because I was waiting for months.

You literally have to be checking the web sites daily for when things go into stock as this informative pie chart illustrates:

Or you could go the ******** Marketplace/Craigslist route if you're really desperate. Just be prepared to pay around 3x the normal price, though. However, with gyms opening back up, I've noticed some people on Marketplace having to lower their asking prices so maybe it's not as bad as it was at the start of the quarantine.

Better stock up now if you can though ... I'll bet good money that things are going to lock back down this Fall.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Didn't someone order from Dumbbell Buddy.com recently and got their order right away?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VTLifts View Post
    Set up search e-mail alerts on craigslist for terms like olympic, weights, plates, etc... that way you don't have to check craigslist continually and once you get a hit respond immediately.

Also check ******** marketplace regularly. I don't think they have an alerts feature.

Prices are high, with many asking $2 per lb for even standard olympic plates, but you can still find the odd lot who doesn't know the market rate and get a good deal. Just have to be fast.

Thanks. Does any plate fit on the Powertec or does it have to be a certain size?

Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I just bought 8 45lb, 10 25lb, and 4 10lb rubber coated oly plates from Force USA. Of course, they're out of stock now but I was happy AF when I finally got the order in because I was waiting for months.

You literally have to be checking the web sites daily for when things go into stock as this informative pie chart illustrates:

Or you could go the ******** Marketplace/Craigslist route if you're really desperate. Just be prepared to pay around 3x the normal price, though. However, with gyms opening back up, I've noticed some people on Marketplace having to lower their asking prices so maybe it's not as bad as it was at the start of the quarantine.

Better stock up now if you can though ... I'll bet good money that things are going to lock back down this Fall.

Thanks. Any plate works with Powertec? I know some are smaller. I used to have a Powertec Bench Press back in the day. But that was like 20 years ago. I loved it, but just wish it had more variety. This Powertec Leverage machine really impresses me because not only does it have more mass exercises, but cables as well.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)

This. ^

Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I agree. Influenza A/B/C/D hits hardest during the colder months, so I think we will the see the same w/ COVID-19. That will start the panic all over again and we'll be back where we were at the start or worse.

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just goes to show how dumb people are. How the fuk do you weight (hehe) until there is a pandemic to "get into shape"????

What fuking SENSE does that make? Brb everything's shutting down, jobs are going away but lets spend our savings on lifting equipment. Makes me rage man. Just insanity.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronKrazy View Post
    Just goes to show how dumb people are. How the fuk do you weight (hehe) until there is a pandemic to "get into shape"????

What fuking SENSE does that make? Brb everything's shutting down, jobs are going away but lets spend our savings on lifting equipment. Makes me rage man. Just insanity.
    Considering being overweight makes it significantly more likely that you'll die of Covid, I'd say investing in getting in shape isn't a bad idea, aside from the unfortunate timing with demand exceeding supply of equipment.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Walmart Bumper plates in stock EDIT: Delivery date is Sept. 22

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Everyday-...?selected=true

Rep also has urethane equalizer plates in stock, not all weight increments

https://www.repfitness.com/bars-plat...ted-equalizers

Sorinex Recon Lite Bumpers, OOS right now but as their website says "check back daily"

https://www.sorinex.com/collections/...n-lite-bumpers
    Last edited by ShockDaMuscles; 08-04-2020 at 06:45 PM.

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)

There's a significant delay with those e-mail alerts, though. I remember one time I got an alert from Rep Fitness, but by the time I get to the web site, they're already sold out. So now I just manually check the web sites myself.

I've made it part of my morning routine now. It's like checking the news.

Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    Thanks. Any plate works with Powertec? I know some are smaller. I used to have a Powertec Bench Press back in the day. But that was like 20 years ago. I loved it, but just wish it had more variety. This Powertec Leverage machine really impresses me because not only does it have more mass exercises, but cables as well.
    I don't know for certain yet, but Powertec's stuff should work with standard olympic plates. I've been looking into getting their Workbench Multipress myself. I suppose the only way to be certain is to e-mail them.

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Not sure if joking.

Now is the best time to get in shape, especially if you're working from home. I've been able to focus on fitness more, and I'm sure there's millions like me. I happened to have all the equipment ready to go, but that couldn't be the case for everyone, unfortunately. Of course demand will go up when a lot of us are trying to improve our health, that's just the way it is.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    I ordered pairs of new olympic CAP 5s, 10s, and 25s from Amazon for around $3/lb shipped. Not great, but could be worse. 10s are the toughest to find everywhere.

Best availability and deals on 35s it seems LOLZ

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Have you not noticed the number of people at Planet Fatness, LA Fitness, Snap 24, etc prior to the pandemic? When the gyms closed, did you expect them all to stop working out?

Those with the money, space, and desire to own a home gym will make it happen. The rest will sit on their asses and watch Netflix until everything opens back up.

Anyone waiting until this point to start building a home gym better have lots of patience and really deep pockets.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Exclamation

Just a heads up ... Force USA has rubber coated 5s, 25s, 35s, and 45s back in stock. I dunno how accurate they are, but I like them. I have 4 of the 10s, 10 of the 25s, and 8 of the 45s. Easy to grip and easy to handle.

I just ordered one more pair of 45s to have a total of 10 45s. That should definitely hold me over for quite a while. Especially since I already have 8 45lb bumpers I can use if the 450lbs worth of iron plates somehow becomes not enough. I really don't like the bumpers, but I panic bought them at the start of the lock downs because that was all that was available. They sure are pretty though...

Of course I had to make sure I got my order in before I posted this . #SorryNotSorry

And Force USA now appears to be out of stock.

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was in desperate need of at least four more 10 lb Olympic plate....found some on Amazon from a company called HulkFit....$22 for a single 10lb plate. Never heard of the company but since it sold and shipped from Amazon, took a chance. I received them in 2 days and was pleasantly surprised they actually weighed 10 lbs.

I don't have enough space for a real home gym so I've been making do with a mostly dumbbell workout. My upper body actually looks better now, my legs may have lost something but Bulgarian Split Squats are a decent sub for barbell squats. I don't think the gyms are going to reopen for a while so I'm stuck doing these home workouts

My pandemic buy list included one those doorway pullup bars (I know they suck but miss doing pullups), weighted vest, the aforementioned 10 lbs plates plus also got four 5 lbs and four 2.5 lbs from Ivanko, some mats, ankle and wrist weights. Also got some chains at Home Depot.

I already had 2 dumbbell handles, about 200 lbs of plates (largest being 25 lbers), some resistance bands, pushups handles, grippers, Valsides, Fat Gripz and an ab wheel.

Originally Posted by KoolDJVader View Post
    I was in desperate need of at least four more 10 lb Olympic plate....found some on Amazon from a company called HulkFit....$22 for a single 10lb plate. Never heard of the company but since it sold and shipped from Amazon, took a chance. I received them in 2 days and was pleasantly surprised they actually weighed 10 lbs.
    FYI ... HulkFit plates are also sold under the Everyday Essentials brand, and last I checked Walmart.com still had them. The Everyday Essentials plates use a different color scheme, though. The HulkFit plates follow there own scheme, while Everyday Essentials follow the standard scheme.
    Last edited by WWE-TicK; 08-09-2020 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Misspoke...meant “Everyday Essentials” and not “BalanceFrom”

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Have you not noticed the number of people at Planet Fatness, LA Fitness, Snap 24, etc prior to the pandemic? When the gyms closed, did you expect them all to stop working out?

Those with the money, space, and desire to own a home gym will make it happen. The rest will sit on their asses and watch Netflix until everything opens back up.

Anyone waiting until this point to start building a home gym better have lots of patience and really deep pockets.
    Glad I started my home gym 2 yrs ago. I came across so many deals on interesting and cheap equipment. There may never be a used market like that again. . My regret was selling a mint full set of made in USA made deep dish american Olympian plates. I sold to somebody that really valued them and paid good money due to the condition. I'd always see them popup in bad shape from time to time and for cheap. Not anymore.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post

Agreed to an extent, although I think the market for new equipment is at least slightly better now than it was in the immediate aftermath, unless you were on it from the very start of the lockdown. I was able to get by with kettlebells, but am now starting to order proper equipment because this thing is clearly not ending anytime soon.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been having crazy luck with Rep lately, it's just that you have to wait about a month to get anything delivered, and wait awhile before it pops up to purchase sometimes. Aside from them, newyorkbarbell might be a doable option for plates, but they're not entirely clear on what's stocked or not. You're able to add things to cart but says on page before it that plates are out entirely, so I dunno. Amazon you might get a good deal and you might get ripped off, it depends - but with ebay you almost always do by greedy secondhanders. I'd avoid ebay unless you're seriously desperate for something, because they'll happily rob you blind for it.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) IsabelMurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    Rogue is restocking daily, you just have to be fast or use distill or the Rogue stock bot (don't ask me how those things work because I've never used them). I have heard of people getting plates from Rep, American Barbell, as well as York. You just can't expect to stroll onto some website and find a bunch of weights in stock right now.
    You should search all types of plates from the Internet. It will give you lot of suggestion that where from you can get these plates. Now a days everything can be seen on internet/websites.