karpae2k is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cutting while gym is closed.

Hello everyone.
    Just need some pro tips on what would be the best thing to do now when the gym is closed.

Just some quick stats:
    31 years old, lifting since i was 18.
    87 kg, 175 cm
    (191.8 lbs, 5.74 ft)
    Never used roids.

Anyway I just started cutting 3 days ago and now got the news that gyms are closing for the next 14 days (or more).

Currently doing a 6 week program, 6 days training a week

2460 Cal week 1 and 2

Protein : 105 grams
    Fats : 55 grams
    Carbs : 387 grams

And dropping a few calories week 3 and 4, and then 5 and 6. And increasing cardio.

What would be the best thing to do here, just don't cut at all until the gym opens again? Or change my macros a bit and train what I can from home.
    Don't want to come out of this cut loosing all my muscle.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can cut but you need to make the best efforts you can to keep up some kind of resistance training for every body part

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

Why the bias towards carbs? You likely don't have enough protein and fat. I would get more like 140g protein and 70g fat.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommodusMax View Post
    If you can get ahold of some heavy dumbbells/barbells use those for exercises and keep cutting

If you don’t have access to heavy weight I’d say don’t cut until you do
    Disagree, no reason not to continue cutting.

Attempt to incorporate any and all resistance training you can, I don't know your level of advancement but you aren't likely to lose any muscle over 14 days and calisthenic/homebrew workouts will be far more beneficial than no training at all. If the closure lasts more than 14 days then intense home workouts should be enough to preserve muscle while you cut as long as you keep the deficit moderate. However if it's looking like a lot longer might be worth investing in some weights. I've been working out and cutting at home throughout pretty much the whole of covid and all on surprisingly little equipment from ebay

The only change I would make to your macros is slash some of those carbs in favor of protein and fat, but that would be true regardless of your current situation
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Thanks guys

Following one of kai Greene's programs. (CHISELED-PHYSIQUE-SHRED-2.0)

Protein in grams = (Bodyweight x 1.2)
    Fats in grams = (calorie intake x 0.20)/9
    Carbs: [Caloric intake - ((protein in grams x 4) + (fats in grams x 9))]/4

A bit noob to cutting, didn't really need it until now, getting old :/ Does the calorie intake look ok? (2460)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    1.6g of protein per kg of bodyweight is what I'd recommend...

Calories look OK, might be a bit slow depending on your TDEE. Run it for 2 weeks and monitor progress. Then make adjustments if your average wasn't about 0.5kg a week.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    1.6g of protein per kg of bodyweight is what I'd recommend...

Calories look OK, might be a bit slow depending on your TDEE. Run it for 2 weeks and monitor progress. Then make adjustments if your average wasn't about 0.5kg a week.
    Il do that, thanks!

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much cardio are you doing?
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    How much cardio are you doing?
    Week 1 and 2
    1 x 30 min step machine (300 calories, 154 BPM ish)

Week 3 and 4
    2 x 30 min

Week 5 and 6
    3 x 30 min