Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Non-Stim/ Non Caffeine pre-workout

Hey guys,

Wanted to get your opinions/ suggestions on what you think are some good pre workouts without caffeine or stims.

I work 9-10 hour days so i generally workout at night around 7-8pm so i dont want a pre-workout with tons of caffeine bc i dont want to be up all night. I already drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day anyway.

It should have the basics though (citrulline, bcaa's, beta-alanine, maybe some creatine, etc) just dont want anything with crazy amts of caffeine.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've heard good things about the Onnit one and it's been decent the times I've tried it.

I'm also in the same boat so I'd really like to hear some opinions.

Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by neondevil View Post
    I've heard good things about the Onnit one and it's been decent the times I've tried it.

I'm also in the same boat so I'd really like to hear some opinions.
    I just checked out the Onnit one.....seems decent, but no citrulline, creatine or NO agents.....although it does have testosterone boosting ingredients in it....which i was surprised at for a pre-workout. Has D-Aspartic acid and Longjack in it.....interesting.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Peak 02 + PES High Volume
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Peak 02 + PES High Volume
    This is a strong suggestion.

The Onnit Total NO is underdosed with the CM at one scoop. I like the Nitrates, but at $2 per scoop, you can get much more for less elsewhere.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
    Hey guys,

Wanted to get your opinions/ suggestions on what you think are some good pre workouts without caffeine or stims.

I work 9-10 hour days so i generally workout at night around 7-8pm so i dont want a pre-workout with tons of caffeine bc i dont want to be up all night. I already drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day anyway.

It should have the basics though (citrulline, bcaa's, beta-alanine, maybe some creatine, etc) just dont want anything with crazy amts of caffeine.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!
    My two favorites are Havasus beet root powder ( it contains two grams of the peak mushroom blend) and bpi’s pump had (6grams citrulline and a gram of peak).

I’ve tested both with the nitric oxide strips and my levels are always increased within an hour if I drink then on an empty stomach.

I like to add some beta alanine and/or creatine to mine, especially if it’s before Jiu jitsu.

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no value to the bold for body comp goals and the general gym-goer. Depending on your job, there could be some value in BA, but unlikely unless you're job is physical work all day. There is never a reason to supplement free-form aminos of any kind. If you're meeting your macro, you're getting plenty of aminos.

Retired account

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    There is no value to the bold for body comp goals and the general gym-goer. Depending on your job, there could be some value in BA, but unlikely unless you're job is physical work all day. There is never a reason to supplement free-form aminos of any kind. If you're meeting your macro, you're getting plenty of aminos.
    Ahh ok, thanks for the info, i thought that supping with BA gives you the famous "beta alanine" flush which similar to citrulline acts as some type of pump and vaso-dilator

Is anyone a fan of the Jym line of products? Seem pretty well dosed and in addition there is no proprietary ingredients, what is in there is in there, which I like. The Pre-Jym pre workout seems pretty decent. Has 6g of Citrulline, 2g creatine, N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) and alpha GPC and also some beta alanine. Also has black pepper extract for better absorption.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is anyone a fan of the Jym line of products? Seem pretty well dosed and in addition there is no proprietary ingredients, what is in there is in there, which I like. The Pre-Jym pre workout seems pretty decent. Has 6g of Citrulline, 2g creatine, N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) and alpha GPC and also some beta alanine. Also has black pepper extract for better absorption.
    Sounds like a solid product, all proven ingredients

Caffeine coupled with alpha gpc is laser like focus

Ahh ok, thanks for the info, i thought that supping with BA gives you the famous "beta alanine" flush which similar to citrulline acts as some type of pump and vaso-dilator
    Nope. Beta Alanine works via saturation like creatine. The paraesthesia that is acute doesn't actually have any value. It also tends to subside as saturation is reached.

As to whether or not Pre-jym is "good" depends on what you're hoping to get out of your pre. The fact that nearly 1/2 the dosage is stuff that has zero bearing, acutely or otherwise, on your workout, I'd look elsewhere personally.

Retired account

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Nope. Beta Alanine works via saturation like creatine. The paraesthesia that is acute doesn't actually have any value. It also tends to subside as saturation is reached.

As to whether or not Pre-jym is "good" depends on what you're hoping to get out of your pre. The fact that nearly 1/2 the dosage is stuff that has zero bearing, acutely or otherwise, on your workout, I'd look elsewhere personally.
    True, but this is kinda true for all pre-workouts no? , save for other types of supps such as whey protein which is just.....whey protein in a tub and one ingredient lol.

What do you personally use as your pre-workout?

The Pre-Jym seemed decent bc it dosed pretty well and has 6g of citrulline and has creatine in it too, as well as alpha GPC and NAC. Also some decent leucine for that important mTOR activation. So it seemed solid.

Only downside it that is has a **** ton of caffeine in one scoop.

True, but this is kinda true for all pre-workouts no? , save for other types of supps such as whey protein which is just.....whey protein in a tub and one ingredient lol.

What do you personally use as your pre-workout?

The Pre-Jym seemed decent bc it dosed pretty well and has 6g of citrulline and has creatine in it too, as well as alpha GPC and NAC. Also some decent leucine for that important mTOR activation. So it seemed solid.

Only downside it that is has a **** ton of caffeine in one scoop.
    Yeah, it's not terrible and overall fairly well dosed. My personal opinion of Stoppani aside, it certainly isn't the worst product out there and has some good stuff as noted. Worrying about leucine for mtor is pointless, regardless of how much supp companies want you to think that it's making some marked difference in your end results.

Lately, I've been just using caffeine tabs or coffee pre-. Haven't had a huge interest in spending money on pumps outside of nitrates.

Retired account

JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5% - Full as Fuk

Axe and Sledge - Hydraulic