Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking Combat Crunch Bar Review (three flavors)

If you guys haven't noticed Musclepharm has been INSANELY generous lately. As part of that I was selected to receive some samples of Combat Crunch Bars, instead I received an entire box each of Choc Chip, PB Chocolate, and Cinnamon Twist! I've been a die hard Quest fan for a while, who isnt? But shortly before I entered the giveaway I had picked up a box of the PB Choc, and holy protein bars batman were they good!I will go more in depth later but I'll just preface the review by saying if you buy these you WILL enjoy them.

Combat Crunch Bars actually fill a pretty interesting niche, no doubt many of you like those low carb vitafiber syrup bars like quest, or more high calorie candy - bar esque ones like Fit Crunch. Nowadays a lot of bars are falling into one of those, with exception of some other novel one's Powercrunch ect. Combat Crunch actually both flavor and macronutrient wise straddles the gap between those lower calorie quest-esque bars and more hefty Fit Crunch Bars. It really seems to be a perfect love child of the two, compromising so nicely. It's not quite as firm as Fit Crunch or have as lean macros as Quest but it comes so close that neither difference should be worried about.

In terms of texture biting into it you get the distinct feeling of biting through a soft chocolate shell into the softer quest bar like texture center. Ocassionally chewing your bites get punctuated with the snap crack and pop of whey protein crisps popping which add a delightful textural contrast. Comparing to Quest bars I mean yes Quest has the flavoring down, but for the crunch seekers it doesn't deliver as well, and I've tried ALL the quest bars. If you are a person who likes a little extra snap, texture wise theu might be right up your alley.

In terms of flavoring, they are fantastic, I've yet to be disappointed, I mean they lack the flavor range of Quest true, but they have a higher success rate with pleasing my palate. Some of the quests bars, to me at least, just DON'T work. They a nicely sweet, not candy bar, but still fairly rich without any of sugar alcoholy notes you might associate with a cheaper protein bar. Each flavor is fantastic, the Chocolate Peanut Butter is fantastic, I can't think of something to compare it to, it really is something all its own. The Chocolate chip is equally solid, with a nice rich strip of fudgey filling running right under the top chocolate shell layer, something else. That said I don't think, flavor wise, that it beats Quests Chocolate-Chip, but it comes so close that I definitely not advise that to be the deciding factor between the two if you come down to it. The last one, Cinnamon Twist, really caught me off guard. I'm usually pretty scared of artificially flavored foods, I thought of flavor emulating hot tamales going into it. Actually though the flavors great you far more gently like a churro or horchata. And covered in a nice white shell striped with amber strips, specacled with cinnamon, it's the winner aesthetically. The flavor is soft and comforting and is the only cinnamon flavored protein bar I've found that works.

Musclepharm recently came out with Raspberry White Chocolate and Brownie flavored bars, which if the last three will be any indication, are simply going to be delicious. I expect big things from Combat Crunch if they choose to focus on flavor quality of quantity of options I'd be thrilled. To compare Fit Crunch has what three, four flavors, and while I'm not a big fan of the one I tried most people love um. Meanwhile quest has a huge range and while some are to die for, they are a little more hit and miss. I mainly bring this up on account of MP releasing new bars at a crazy rate with the last White Chocolate Raspberry and Brownie and now the Arnold Series protein bars I just want to have MP not go to crazy XD, don't even get me started on the new energy drinks. I digress, I'll finish with a few quick remarks on Combat Crunch; they are delcious and depending on preference can definitely be favorable to quest. There macros are fantastic and make a fantastic healthy snack when you're on the go. MP really knocked this one out of the ball park. That being said on this last note protein bars aren't cheap, certainly not combat crunch, and they are pricey. They are somewhat healthier and far tastier then their compitition generally, but still they are a convience based food. My suggestion is either don't be crazy with the consumption or have a bit of money to throw around. (I personally eat five a week but I only pick them up when there is a good sale going other wise I eat dried meat…. Not classmate friendly)
    Attached Images

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    After reading that review those bars are on my must try list.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome review my man Glad you enjoyed them!
    ~Veni Vidi Vici~

Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    After reading that review those bars are on my must try list.
    Haha thanks, you won't regret it.

Originally Posted by KwayZee View Post
    Awesome review my man Glad you enjoyed them!
    Definitely, I'm looking forward to reviewing Wreckage and Diesel! You guys are being crazy generous lately.

jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlk03090 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    White choco. raspberry are awesome!! That's also my favorite Quest flavor so that's the flavor I went with. I LOVE cookie dough but I read one review where the combat cookie dough wasn't as much like a typical cookie dough, which would just be disappointing to me! haha. I love the Met-RX and Quest cookie doughs - tough competition.

ANYWAYS - I'll admit I wasn't crazy in love at first (don't get me wrong - thought they were great - but gave the preference to Quest and met-rx cookie dough) but after 2 or 3 bars I am SOLD! I LOVE the texture and the flavor is spot-on, too. I do kind of wish they didn't have the candy-type coating but that doesn't stop me from hoping they go back on sale with 25% off so I can snag cookie dough :] I can imagine the texture they have being PERFECT for the chocolate brownie, too.

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Cinnamon Twist is real good...MP nailed these bars perfect texture and taste. Great profile too!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrewwww View Post
    The Cinnamon Twist is real good...MP nailed these bars perfect texture and taste. Great profile too!
    CTwist is the GOAT bar. the only thing that compares is the cinnamon arnold bar. Same flavor more calories - IMO nothing compares to these 2. so good.
    RIP KD brahs

Originally Posted by kcuviello View Post
    CTwist is the GOAT bar. the only thing that compares is the cinnamon arnold bar. Same flavor more calories - IMO nothing compares to these 2. so good.
    Did you go to the Arnold? How were the other bars?

Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aedius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    MP really nailed these bars and I completely agree with you on your point of them being a nice balance between Quest and Fit Crunch.

Cinnamon Twist is definitely the most unique flavor and there isn't anything like it on the market that I've seen. The amount of cinnamon is perfect and it combines very well with the white chocolate--just like the white chocolate raspberry bar.

The cookie dough tastes almost exactly like 100 grand bar to me (which was my favorite candy bar growing up). I wouldn't say it's a true cookie dough flavor but it is fantastic none-the-less.

Chocolate PB is probably my favorite--the texture is just 100% spot on. Interestingly, I wasn't the second box of chocolate PB I ordered was noticeably better than the first box, so perhaps there is a bit of variability in the baking process.

IMO, the only good Quest bar is cookie dough (though I'm looking forward to trying S'mores). The other flavors I've had seemed to have very chalky texture or weak flavors. Quest bars are also much smaller than the MP bars and I never feel quite as full after eating a Quest bar compared to after I eat an MP bar.

I'm looking forward to trying the Arnold bars as I'm bulking at the moment and could use the extra calories. I've traditionally gone with the large Supreme protein bars (Wafer Crunch, Chocolate PB) as my go to for this type of bar but have got a bit bored with their offerings.