Closed Thread
Page 131 of 326 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 9768
    pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pratherian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Smile

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    I sure hope they give you a fair shot at winning the challenge. In my opinion, your transformation is what the contest should be about. I hate it when they give the prize to someone that is an experienced bodybuilder that just took their bulk a bit too far before cutting.
    I appreciate you saying that, but to be honest, I signed up in the contest because my gym partner wanted to do it.
    He has been over 300 lbs, was 270 when we started lifting together 6 months ago, and he just hit 210 this week. I got him on the same meal plan I am on, and the kid just inspires the hell out of me.
    I still see my trainer (who competes) once a week or so, and he is the one who has really pushed me to view the competition as, well, a competition.
    LOL
    I am still wrapping my head around the fact that after being fat and miserable for 25 years, that amazing progress can be made in a short period of time.
    The end of this competition will be the 18 month mark since I got back in the gym.
    I am still amazed, and I appreciate the dedication of the folks in here that have never stopped improving themselves.
    Very inspiring group of people here!
    �����Dirty�����South�����Crew�����
    FORMER GYM OWNER

DIRTY TEXAN

COFFEE LOVER

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    I really hoped to beat this today but I didn't have it in me. 2s and partial 3s was all I could muster.Trying to bust a plateau on my flag pull ups I thought adding weight to simple flags might help. I did ok with a quarter but the 45 pretty much owns me but I'm hoping it helps reset what my body thinks tension really is.

You know that is just too cool!
    And it's all about having a strong core and functional strength

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Halfway through 12 week cut. Upper is lean but lower/legs have yet still to come in and are very smooth, although smaller and cellulite gone.

That back is wide and muscular! Mirin' the definition in those traps!

Originally Posted by Getsum View Post

I was able to get 450 and 455 for two new PR’s on deadlifts and while I’m very happy about it, especially considering I didn’t use a belt or straps, I’m concerned about the rounding in my back. Video shot from the side per request. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Anyway, 405# Squat, 340# Bench and a 455# Deadlift gives me a 1200# total. I’d really like to get over 1250# before this year is over, the closer I get to 1300#, the better!

I really could use some help people, there's some obvious things wrong in that video. I think my strength is doing ok for the most part but I need some serious form improvements.
    I feel like a fraud responding here because my deads are sh!te, but you've got a great set-up and your lift from the ground looks close to perfect --- bar is in a great place and you really get that drive through the heels to get that weight off the floor. It's when you get to mid shin that you really have to muscle the weight up. Two things stand out ... firstly that your shoulders look rolled forward at the set-up. This may mean that you are not tight through the thoracic spine so that you don't get the bar quite as high up the thigh as it might be before the lockout. Secondly, that you don't seem to 'snap' the hips forward to achieve lockout. This comes through a strong contraction of the glutes.
    Like I say .. my deads are sh!te and your form is 100% better than mine and there are others who will be able to make much more useful comments

Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    Hotel shot. Not working out with weights just trying to diet and do cardio. It has been hell for me to try and work, travel and do anything in the gym. My body just wont do what I want...yet.

You look like your chest has gained good mass and tone and you've lost bodyfat since your last pic!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like more back than legs. Strong Early ID style.

How much air is in you? That can change how much your diaphragm can support your spine. Too much or not enough can change a lot. Maybe try light lifts with varying amount in the tank to see if you can generate more tension/stability. GL.
    Thanks Cmoore!

Well, I normally hold my breath on heavy singles but yesterday I was only holding it on the first part of the lift. Deep breath while getting ready to pull, hold while getting the weight moving and exhale during the lockout (while holding it up there) is what I'm envisioning. I think a big part of the hitch is just coming from the shock that the bar is actually moving, I'm always surprised by it because on the majority of my fails the bar just sits there, motionless.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I feel like a fraud responding here because my deads are sh!te, but you've got a great set-up and your lift from the ground looks close to perfect --- bar is in a great place and you really get that drive through the heels to get that weight off the floor. It's when you get to mid shin that you really have to muscle the weight up. Two things stand out ... firstly that your shoulders look rolled forward at the set-up. This may mean that you are not tight through the thoracic spine so that you don't get the bar quite as high up the thigh as it might be before the lockout. Secondly, that you don't seem to 'snap' the hips forward to achieve lockout. This comes through a strong contraction of the glutes.
    Like I say .. my deads are sh!te and your form is 100% better than mine and there are others who will be able to make much more useful comments
    Thanks!

I can see both the shoulder issue and the lack of hip thrust, I'm going to work on both. I think I'm going to go back to using a very slight arch in my back, shoulder blades pinched and concentrate on holding that while I drop my ass down to start the pull. Then really work on reps to get that hip thrust mechanic nailed down.

I appreciate the comments, I owe what little success I've made to help I've received from the members here.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)

I really could use some help people, there's some obvious things wrong in that video. I think my strength is doing ok for the most part but I need some serious form improvements.
    Here are my thoughts.

1) get rid of the mirror. Your head comes high as you see yourself in the mirror. Pretend you have a tennis ball under your chin and you are squeezing it -keeping it from falling down. Pick a spot on the lower wall and keep your eyes on it, through the entire movement. This will keep your butt from dropping down as you stand.

2) also, because you drop low, you are using your legs to squat the bar up. And because of that your forced to shrug, to allow your hips to come under/center of the axis.
    Look at the end of the video and watch how you do a shoulder shrug with leg drive. That happens when we start to low in the pocket.

Louis Simmons has a great video on how to correct that. Start at minute 1:06. If you do this your deads will go up 50 pounds in no time. Keep up the great work strongman.

P.S. Kettlebell swings really help hip drive.
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Halfway through 12 week cut. Upper is lean but lower/legs have yet still to come in and are very smooth, although smaller and cellulite gone.

DD

WOW!!! Really coming together.

I see the bodymedia on your arm. How are you liking it so far? Inquiring minds want to know!

I was able to get 450 and 455 for two new PR’s on deadlifts and while I’m very happy about it, especially considering I didn’t use a belt or straps, I’m concerned about the rounding in my back. Video shot from the side per request. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Anyway, 405# Squat, 340# Bench and a 455# Deadlift gives me a 1200# total. I’d really like to get over 1250# before this year is over, the closer I get to 1300#, the better!

e]

It is a little hard to see what your body is doing with the dark baggy clothes on. Off the ground you look good.....but then it is as if you are trying to get 'under' the weight to finish the lift. Almost looks like you backwards lean is exaggerated and you are raising the weight by levering under it, rather then driving it up with the hips.

To me it looks like the top part of the lift is the weak spot. I would almost take a few weeks off and replace deads with some rack pulls from just below knee height. Concentrate on the hip thrust to get the weight up. Drive right through it.

Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    Hotel shot. Not working out with weights just trying to diet and do cardio. It has been hell for me to try and work, travel and do anything in the gym. My body just wont do what I want...yet.
    Looking great man...hope all is well.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DougHolland View Post
    Here are my thoughts.

1) get rid of the mirror. Your head comes high as you see yourself in the mirror. Pretend you have a tennis ball under your chin and you are squeezing it -keeping it from falling down. Pick a spot on the lower wall and keep your eyes on it, through the entire movement. This will keep your butt from dropping down as you stand.

2) also, because you drop low, you are using your legs to squat the bar up. And because of that your forced to shrug, to allow your hips to come under/center of the axis.
    Look at the end of the video and watch how you do a shoulder shrug with leg drive. That happens when we start to low in the pocket.

Louis Simmons has a great video on how to correct that. Start at minute 1:06. If you do this your deads will go up 50 pounds in no time. Keep up the great work strongman.

P.S. Kettlebell swings really help hip drive.
    Yeah, I can see that the mirror is a distraction. I'll probably just start facing the other direction though. I always try to look slightly up on deadlifts and squats but I can see the chin coming down to the chest in a lot of tutorial videos, I'll try to pay attention to that. Thanks for the comments and video, I'll work on it. I've added 20 to my 3 lift total since the start of the year, if I can 50 to my deadlift alone, I'd be thrilled.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    It is a little hard to see what your body is doing with the dark baggy clothes on. Off the ground you look good.....but then it is as if you are trying to get 'under' the weight to finish the lift. Almost looks like you backwards lean is exaggerated and you are raising the weight by levering under it, rather then driving it up with the hips.

To me it looks like the top part of the lift is the weak spot. I would almost take a few weeks off and replace deads with some rack pulls from just below knee height. Concentrate on the hip thrust to get the weight up. Drive right through it.
    I pull twice a week and I normally do rack pulls on Fridays but I've just been pulling from the ground these past few weeks. Hip thrust seems to be the hot topic so I'll be focusing on that for sure.

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a few more fun articles I love by Louie. Squats and deads are very closely related so there is a crossover.

http://www.westside-barbell.com/west...20Training.pdf

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/ls32.htm
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DD

WOW!!! Really coming together.

I see the bodymedia on your arm. How are you liking it so far? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's a fun little gadget. I was really shocked at the readings of my daily burn, but every study I can get my hands on have them as quite accurate.

I worked a shift on Valentine's Day that had me burn 3690 cals! (the entire day, not just the shift)

The only way to know for sure is when I return to maintenance and eat what it quotes, and see how bodyfat levels respond.
    If my reading is true, for me to maintain the weight I was at all last year I was eating 2600-3000 cals per day.

edit: but I wasn't tracking (only ensuring adequate protein) and when I tally up all the coffees with heavy cream (3-4 per day!) and globs of butter on my veggies and cornbread, it's enitrely possible.

I am a pig.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by DougHolland View Post
    Just a few more fun articles I love by Louie. Squats and deads are very closely related so there is a crossover.

http://www.westside-barbell.com/west...20Training.pdf

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/ls32.htm
    Great articles, I was planning on adding good mornings back into my workout and I'm already a huge fan of box squats.

1. Deadz from the chair
    2. Good Mornings
    3. Rack pulls
    4. Box Squats
    5. Form

I have plenty to work on, thanks for the help man!

anonymous
    I'm a huge fan of box squats (done with a moderate stance and a pause) for improving deadlift technique but those chair deads look ingenious! Great link Doug, very useful.

all these deadlift vids inspired me to start pulling 'heavy' again.. I romanian DL'd 500 for 5 this morning, I don't touch the floor on rdl but I'll post a vid when I get home. Would like to get to back some of my DL strength and RDL dont hurt my back or hips like an explosive conventional or sumo pull.

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A few PRs from my last two competitions

623 squat weighing 202lbs

601 Deadlift weighing 203lbs
    374 Bench weighing 203lbs....not a PR, but not bad either lol

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hardNheavy2011 View Post

Congrats on PR, awesome.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great lifts. Youve got to be one of the few Ive seen with a higher squat than DL, I assume you train for squat more?

Good total at BW though, strong is strong
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150040863

Max Lifts

Squat 135kgs (297 lbs)
    Bench 105kgs (231 lbs)
    Deads 160kgs (352lbs)

hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sen8or View Post
    Great lifts. Youve got to be one of the few Ive seen with a higher squat than DL, I assume you train for squat more?

Good total at BW though, strong is strong
    LOL!! Yeah I know, it's kind of backwards. Honestly, I do mostly box squatting, but nothing very heavy. I think 425 was the heaviest I box squatted before I did that 623. But, I absolutely bust my ass on deadlifts!! I'm just not built to deadlift. Short arms and small hands. LOL

Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First and foremost great job everybody. I forgot how motivational this thread is.

It's a fun little gadget. I was really shocked at the readings of my daily burn, but every study I can get my hands on have them as quite accurate.

I worked a shift on Valentine's Day that had me burn 3690 cals! (the entire day, not just the shift)

The only way to know for sure is when I return to maintenance and eat what it quotes, and see how bodyfat levels respond.
    If my reading is true, for me to maintain the weight I was at all last year I was eating 2600-3000 cals per day.

edit: but I wasn't tracking (only ensuring adequate protein) and when I tally up all the coffees with heavy cream (3-4 per day!) and globs of butter on my veggies and cornbread, it's enitrely possible.

I am a pig.
    I have this little gadget too. I only used it for 3-4 months last summer, but found it quite accurate for most things. I need to find it again and see if my burn numbers have changed at all.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL!! Yeah I know, it's kind of backwards. Honestly, I do mostly box squatting, but nothing very heavy. I think 425 was the heaviest I box squatted before I did that 623. But, I absolutely bust my ass on deadlifts!! I'm just not built to deadlift. Short arms and small hands. LOL

Absolutely awesome lifts. I get my balls busted when I say I dont consider myself strong. That is because there are guys like YOU out there
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

anonymous
    amazing squatting, raw lifters usually dont have such strong squats compared to deadlifts.. at that bw that's just incredible work, reps!

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Snatch Up to 165-lbs. Clean & Jerk Up to 225-lbs.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Nice job, Brad!
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

That's is awesome HNH!

Absolutely awesome lifts. I get my balls busted when I say I dont consider myself strong. That is because there are guys like YOU out there
    You need to do a comp and find out! You'll probably do much better than you think! We need to have another deadlift for reps comp.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    amazing squatting, raw lifters usually dont have such strong squats compared to deadlifts.. at that bw that's just incredible work, reps!
    I'm just not that good at deadlifts YET. I haven't had nearly the training for deadlifts like I have for squats. I've been squatting raw for literally 20 years as compared to about 3 years for deadlifts. LOL I THINK my next meet will have me deadlifting and squatting the same weight....at least that's my goal.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Nice job, Brad!
    Thanks Joel!! Appreciate it!!

That's is awesome HNH!
    Thanks man! You'll be putting a PR video in here after your upcoming comp.

Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post

Snatch Up to 165-lbs. Clean & Jerk Up to 225-lbs.
    Good stuff right here Joel!! I really don't know how you do this. The front squats are impressive but the snatch and squatting with the barbell over head is just ridiculous!! I can't even do an overhead squat with just the bar. LOL

Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tried bumping my Shoulder DB press 5 lbs. I normally do my final set with 90lbx4 so I went for 95x4 today. Normally don't use a spot and tried to get the 95's up without a spot and something in my left shoulder just wouldn't lock in correctly. Found some stranger to spot.....gym was strangely empty. Not happy with form, I was focusing more on moving the weights fast enough to keep the spotter from "helping" Will try again next week, hopefully without the spot and focus more on form. Here's today attempt:

Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Not happy with form, I was focusing more on moving the weights fast enough to keep the spotter from "helping"
    Form was definitely a little sloppy, but those are some heavy MF'rs. Nice attempt.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Super lifts!

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I really hoped to beat this today but I didn't have it in me. 2s and partial 3s was all I could muster.Trying to bust a plateau on my flag pull ups I thought adding weight to simple flags might help. I did ok with a quarter but the 45 pretty much owns me but I'm hoping it helps reset what my body thinks tension really is.

i finally have over 50 posts so now I can post links and images.

I'll start with this for cmoore: http://en.ext.casting.cirquedusoleil.com/

You're a freak, brah; keep making gravity your bitch.

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Right pic taken today... 11 years after left pic.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

[youtube]k_Y_9BjC4jM[youtube]

[youtube]0t63XrkSwM8[youtube]
    awesome. very inspiring.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OK, was able to get a front shot of me doing a deadlift, hope this gives a better angle. I realized on my second rep I lifted my heels off the ground.

Dave

thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thnikkaman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    Right pic taken today... 11 years after left pic.
    Holy **** man. You look like you were the inspiration of every Mortal Kombat character. Good work man.
    No negative energy, I will mute ya
    Only Positive energy surrounds me
    Only, open minds around me
    Only, free spirits around me
    I let my vision guide me.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154495553

Closed Thread
Page 131 of 326 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast