Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pistol Squat Translate to Normal Squat (WEIRD)

My weighted pistol squat PR is 135lbs for left leg and 125lbs for right leg while my bodyweight is 150lbs, but my Normal squat is only 170lbs... (Yes, it is not kg)

I know that it is not because of my legs, because I can Leg Press 340kg.

My Deadlift also sucks, at 130kg.

I am not a guy that only train lower body, I also train Weighted one arm pull ups (Right Arm: 12.5kg Left Arm:6kg)

I almost certain that it is because of my back, but I feel good, no pain in the back, also got 26in waist (I am 170cm in height) with nearly 8 pack abs.

Does anyone has the same issue as me?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy8Trial View Post
    My weighted pistol squat PR is 135lbs for left leg and 125lbs for right leg while my bodyweight is 150lbs, but my Normal squat is only 170lbs... (Yes, it is not kg)

I am not a guy that only train lower body, I also train Weighted one arm pull ups (Right Arm: 12.5kg Left Arm:6kg)

I almost certain that it is because of my back, but I feel good, no pain in the back, also got 26in waist (I am 170cm in height) with nearly 8 pack abs.

You probably just need to squat and deadlift more often, with more volume and variations.

Leg press numbers are pretty meaningless, all sorts of ways to cheat the weight and all the machines are different so the weight is inconsistent.

You being insanely skinny probably has a large impact on your squat too
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Many times I've seen people ask and had conversations in real life (non forum ) where people are trying to see equivalence between pistol and barbell squat. But this is the first time I've seen it this way round!

It's almost always someone asking... So I can squat high bar to depth with a bar weighing my own bodyweight - I should be able pistol, right? (No, not even close). I can squat 1.5 times bodyweight, should I be able to pistol now? (No).

Pistol has some very specific skills and strengths. You may have very strong legs, but just like being able to pistol takes practicing pistol, being able to squat more takes practicing squatting more.

I'd expect you to make very rapid progress on squat to 1.5 bw (then slower from then onwards) as at first you're converting/adapting existing strength not having to grow any new muscle

Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try placing your feet low on the sled and bringing your calves to your hams. Only stop when your back is coming off the pad or heels coming off the sled.

Really, the leg press is so notorious for ankle benders that most people don't realize what full ROM looks like.
    ACE CPT

6'0
    Starting weight 304lbs
    Current weight 176lbs

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Your issue does seem different to me. I have experience in performing sets of 75 lb.pistol squats at 115 lbs. You need a strong lower body to do this. If you can pistol squat most of your bodyweight, you will usually be able to BB squat 2x ( or more) your bodyweight. And conventional deadlift at least 2.5x (or more) your bodyweight. Your leg press would be over 810 lbs.for reps, IMO. You'd also be training upper body heavy, in addition.
    Last edited by etet1919; 11-28-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommy8Trial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    You probably just need to squat and deadlift more often, with more volume and variations.

Leg press numbers are pretty meaningless, all sorts of ways to cheat the weight and all the machines are different so the weight is inconsistent.

You being insanely skinny probably has a large impact on your squat too
    Yeah I am being insanely skinny, when I do barbell squat, it feels like the bar is crushing into my back, the feeling isnt good at all, I have no fat or many muscles in my back to act as a cushion when i do that.

When I do deadlifts, I didn't raised my ass before my torso, because I want to train in a correct form to avoid injuries, but it just doesn't feel right and I cannot even feel muscle soreness at all, just not being able to lift heavier.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Many times I've seen people ask and had conversations in real life (non forum ) where people are trying to see equivalence between pistol and barbell squat. But this is the first time I've seen it this way round!

It's almost always someone asking... So I can squat high bar to depth with a bar weighing my own bodyweight - I should be able pistol, right? (No, not even close). I can squat 1.5 times bodyweight, should I be able to pistol now? (No).

Pistol has some very specific skills and strengths. You may have very strong legs, but just like being able to pistol takes practicing pistol, being able to squat more takes practicing squatting more.

I'd expect you to make very rapid progress on squat to 1.5 bw (then slower from then onwards) as at first you're converting/adapting existing strength not having to grow any new muscle
    It is not about balance i think, I can do zercher squat heavier than backsquat.

Originally Posted by Sherniee View Post
    Try placing your feet low on the sled and bringing your calves to your hams. Only stop when your back is coming off the pad or heels coming off the sled.

Really, the leg press is so notorious for ankle benders that most people don't realize what full ROM looks like.
    I do leg press to 90 degrees, I definitely dont extend my legs to straight because thats super dangerous.

I stick my whole back to the pad at all time

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    u simply havent worked at squatting enough. you've obviously worked at pistols more.

its like saying "im great at guitar...i dunno y my piano sucks so bad"
    "Humility comes before honor"

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Your issue does seem different to me. I have experience in performing sets of 75 lb.pistol squats at 115 lbs. You need a strong lower body to do this. If you can pistol squat most of your bodyweight, you will usually be able to BB squat 2x ( or more) your bodyweight. And conventional deadlift at least 2.5x (or more) your bodyweight. Your leg press would be over 810 lbs.for reps, IMO. You'd also be training upper body heavy, in addition.
    Are you a girl? You are strong! 75lbs pistol squat while weighing 115lbs.

nah, 810lbs is INSANE!! My legpress 1rm is 770lbs only, and thats already 5x my bodyweight!!! (810lbs will be 5.4x)

175kg deadlift! oh no, I can only do 140kg in my max i guess.

I just started Weight Lifting, to improve my jump height on my bike. I suck at it, I cannot even do clean and jerk, i can put bar on my front deltoid, but it is painful.
    So mostly I just do Snatching because only this exercise relates to biketrial, i can only do 60kg snatch... i will keep improving, because thats definitely not my 1rm, i can snatch it for 10 reps in a row but scared to go heavier.

etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you a girl? You are strong! 75lbs pistol squat while weighing 115lbs.

nah, 810lbs is INSANE!! My legpress 1rm is 770lbs only, and thats already 5x my bodyweight!!! (810lbs will be 5.4x)

175kg deadlift! oh no, I can only do 140kg in my max i guess.

I just started Weight Lifting, to improve my jump height on my bike. I suck at it, I cannot even do clean and jerk, i can put bar on my front deltoid, but it is painful.
    So mostly I just do Snatching because only this exercise relates to biketrial, i can only do 60kg snatch... i will keep improving, because thats definitely not my 1rm, i can snatch it for 10 reps in a row but scared to go heavier.
    Yes, I'm a woman! Thank you for the compliment...I've been practicing the weighted pistols a few years now. So, I can relate. But You may be doing a record or something...135 lb. pistols at 150 lbs?? Insane!!

I only estimated your sled leg press because mine is currently 770 lb., as well. Therefore, you will be able to move up to 810 lbs. with consistency. You just started weight training!!

If you need to increase your vertical jump, try depth jumps (off a low box), squat jumps with DBs, split squat jumps with DBs...explosive plyo. And continue practicing BB squatting to adequate depth (below parallel, but not necessarily ATG).
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sherniee View Post

Agreed.
    My leg press has been consistently on par or less than my low bar squat
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Agreed.
    My leg press has been consistently on par or less than my low bar squat
    It really is humbling yea. I went from doing 6 plates per side to 2, idk how I was so blind to it at first.
    ACE CPT

6'0
    Starting weight 304lbs
    Current weight 176lbs

I do leg press to 90 degrees, I definitely dont extend my legs to straight because thats super dangerous.

I stick my whole back to the pad at all time
    Yea dude if it's that heavy you definitely shouldn't be fully extending your legs. Thing is it doesn't matter if you stop shy of full extension because you're already in that very mechanically advantageous position, you're not getting much extra work by fully extending.

On the flip side, you're getting much more volume in the deeper you can go on the leg press because of the mechanical disadvantage. I think it should look more or less like your squat depth, maybe even deeper since your feet are out in front of you.

I don't squat ATG either, but you have to admit it's kind of ridiculous you're leg pressing 5x your squat.
    ACE CPT

6'0
    Starting weight 304lbs
    Current weight 176lbs

^^ I've done 5-6 plates (from what I remember) with my feet placed lower on the platform, so it's not ridiculous. In fact, I'm going to try that again today! The platform was built large for a reason...so people could place their feet higher and target glutes, as well.

Hope your Thanksgiving was good guys!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's difficult to use leg press as a comparison because different machines have different leverage rates. Just because you load it with X amount of kg, doesn't mean you are actually shifting those X kg through the same distance that your feet move.

If you have strong legs, practicing back squat regularly will result in very fast progress in the back squat... If you don't get very fast progress, perhaps your legs are not as strong as you thought.

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    ^^ I've done 5-6 plates (from what I remember) with my feet placed lower on the platform, so it's not ridiculous. In fact, I'm going to try that again today! The platform was built large for a reason...so people could place their feet higher and target glutes, as well.

Hope your Thanksgiving was good guys!

Ummm...

Guys, i am finally back XD

Now I can backsquat over 200kg, and I found out the reason why I couldnt deadlift that much before also - i didn't load my hamstring properly.

now I can deadlift 180kg ^_^

I am also working towards over bodyweight weighted pistol squat, my bodyweight is 152lbs at the moment, but my pistol squat 1rm has already gone up by a lot, now my 1rm is 145lbs, I did 154lbs almost 90 degrees pistol last month, but it wasn't ass to grass.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Geez mad respect on those pistol squats, my max is 40x3 atm lol
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rep +1, although might not be visible while your posts are so low