SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Workout with a baby aside

I was wondering if there are others here whom have little babies and still working out.
    How do you do it?
    My is 8 month old and for past few months I workout when she is a sleep, before afternoon. Sometimes she is not sleeping well and I can't finish or even start my workout. In days like that I feel totally frustrated.
    If I workout when she is awake, she is getting bored really fast and start to scream...
    How do you make it and continue?

SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuzukiIryna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No one like me struggling around here?😑

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've struggled with this a lot. I have two kids, they are now 3-4 so they play around in my home gym while I train.
    But it was a struggle when they were kids for sure! I still trained, but differently.

I would train when they were sleeping, sometimes my workout would only last 20 minutes (they were never big on naps) but if you can squeeze 20 minutes 2-3x a day it can still be a great workout. Like you I was frustrated when I couldn't train but in the long term, a few missed workouts won't make a difference if you stay active during the day. I had to lower my expectations. I also went to the gym when my mom or their father was with them, usually early in the mornings or when they were asleep with the night.

Some day I just couldn't train... I wasn't ready to let my baby cry just so I could workout.

I like to lift weights and I dislike cardio but I bought a jogging stroller so if all fails, I could go for a walk or run with the baby. They would, of course, always fall alseep when I was out running or walking. I also took some zumba classes where you have the baby in a baby carrier, or cardio-strollers classes so baby would be included in my workouts. I just made sure to stay active as much as possible, when the kids allowed me to do so.

GL! It's a cliché but they grow up so fast... just do what you can for now it gets easier with time.
    Mom of two boys. Natural competitor.

IDFA Pro Bikini
    UFE Elite Bikini/Fitness

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My husband would watch the baby/children when I trained. We both train so we would take turns going to the gym.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by maeva27 View Post
    I've struggled with this a lot. I have two kids, they are now 3-4 so they play around in my home gym while I train.
    But it was a struggle when they were kids for sure! I still trained, but differently.

I would train when they were sleeping, sometimes my workout would only last 20 minutes (they were never big on naps) but if you can squeeze 20 minutes 2-3x a day it can still be a great workout. Like you I was frustrated when I couldn't train but in the long term, a few missed workouts won't make a difference if you stay active during the day. I had to lower my expectations. I also went to the gym when my mom or their father was with them, usually early in the mornings or when they were asleep with the night.

Some day I just couldn't train... I wasn't ready to let my baby cry just so I could workout.

I like to lift weights and I dislike cardio but I bought a jogging stroller so if all fails, I could go for a walk or run with the baby. They would, of course, always fall alseep when I was out running or walking. I also took some zumba classes where you have the baby in a baby carrier, or cardio-strollers classes so baby would be included in my workouts. I just made sure to stay active as much as possible, when the kids allowed me to do so.

GL! It's a cliché but they grow up so fast... just do what you can for now it gets easier with time.
    Oh, thank you so much for the reply!💕💕💕💕💕
    I guess, I'll have to relax my mind a bit. And maybe change my workout, so it would be ok to split it in two when needed.
    Too bad the classes that include babies in our area are too far, but I definitely can wait till my baby grow up a bit more...
    And now I made up my mind, will talk to my husband about giving me time on Saturday or Sunday for gym, a specially for pull-ups I love so much... We don't have anywhere near equipment for them..
    Thanks so much again!!!💕💕💕💕💕

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    My husband would watch the baby/children when I trained. We both train so we would take turns going to the gym.
    Thank you for the reply!🌺
    Unfortunately, mine is working from early morning till late night, even some Saturdays... and it's hard for me even to ask him to do anything...

oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The gym I worked out at had babysitting. Once our kid was a toddler I’d drop her off there for an hour and do my workout.

It had the added benefit of boosting her immune system

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not female, but I saw the thread title in the New Posts feed and thought I might be able to provide an opinion.

As a father of four, our youngest being 9 months old, I can empathize with your struggle. My wife struggles just the same.
    Unfortunately, it goes back to the old cliché: where there's a will there's a way. If it's a priority, you'll make it happen.

First of all, she does in-home workouts like Insanity and Beach Body...

She is a stay-at-home mom and I have seen her get her workout in several ways:
    > wake up when I'm getting ready for work and workout before they wake up
    > during naps
    > after I get home from work and I can take over
    > make a workout out of an outing such as jogging with the stroller
    > after the kids go to bed at night

It's inconsistent and it does get interrupted, but doing something burns more calories than skipping the whole thing.

Hope this helped or at least encouraged. Good luck and congrats on the little one.

EDIT: Also, she was supportive in my desire to invest in a substantial amount of gym equipment so that traveling to the gym was not an obstacle. She has a complete set of dumbbells (up to 50lbs, which is enough for her), plus I have a barbell with over 400lbs of weight, and I'm installing a rack.
    Last edited by PTzFree; 06-21-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    The gym I worked out at had babysitting. Once our kid was a toddler I’d drop her off there for an hour and do my workout.

It had the added benefit of boosting her immune system
    Amazing!❤
    I wish we had the same here where I live now...

Originally Posted by PTzFree View Post
    Not female, but I saw the thread title in the New Posts feed and thought I might be able to provide an opinion.

Thank you so much! 🌺
    It's really helps!
    I also used to train outside, when my baby was sleeping outside in a babycar. And now working out at home at her first day nap. And sometimes at night as well. But at night it's very hard after a long day with 24lbs baby😂
    I do have some dumbbells, not complaining about my workouts, they are good, as long as I can finish them.
    I guess I just wanted some stability.
    Thank you once again!❤

JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCFIT03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuzukiIryna View Post
    I was wondering if there are others here whom have little babies and still working out.
    How do you do it?
    My is 8 month old and for past few months I workout when she is a sleep, before afternoon. Sometimes she is not sleeping well and I can't finish or even start my workout. In days like that I feel totally frustrated.
    If I workout when she is awake, she is getting bored really fast and start to scream...
    How do you make it and continue?
    It is a struggle when they are young but it won't always be the case. When mine were small I would just fit it before anything else when they slept. Even if it was 10 mins at a time - yes break it up if you have to.
    Julia Cammoile

Feel free to add me on ******** - I love to connect with people

My aim is to inspire, educate and motivate as many as I possibly can!