OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) OllieEwin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing muscle trying the keto diet

Hi,

I've been trying to adapt to the keto diet for months now and although somtimes it's great and I'm in ketosis. Most of the time I'm losing muscle and feeling like ****. I don't want to let go of the cognitive benefits and inflammatory benefits. But it's not quite working, I'm not sure if perhaps my stress levels are always too high or what, whether I need to chill for a while as I Adpat or if carb referees are a better option like once a week or maybe a little bit every night before bed so I can sleep better?

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help!

Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Actimex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You just answered your own question ? You say it's not working should you change it ?

If your medication didn't work would you keep taking it because it's Apple flavoured ?

Change it and give different things a go and yea try to be less stressed yoga if you gotta.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You just mentioned you've been on keto for several months and feel like chit. How are you receiving the cognitive benefits if you're feeling like chit all day long? Obviously keto isn't for you IF you're following keto properly and feeling like chit. As far as muscle loss goes, you will be flat while on keto because you aren't consuming carbs to give you glycogen. Expect your muscles to be flat and if you actually feel you're losing muscle, then you might have to increase calories. Results still depend upon your calories at the end of the day. You must eat in maintenance or a surplus to build/keep muscle.

But you should likely stop with the keto. Why go through the day feeling like crap? It's been months, so if your body was to adjust, it would have already.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in my experience keto is really good for about 6 weeks, and then you need to change it up to prevent muscle loss. Thats just my own experience i know people who do it much longer. I would maybe ease back into the carbs, try some carb cycling and see how you respond.
    Gaspari Plasmajet Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172183503&p=1457431243#post1457431243

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed with the above. Keto is good for about 6 weeks when you're cutting. I really only implement keto when i'm cutting hard and want to shed some weight quick. If you go longer with the keto diet you will eat away some muscle so the best thing to do is do 6 weeks and break then do an other 6 weeks and so on.

BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ketogenic diets are not sustainable, as mentioned by others. Carbs are a very efficient source of energy. Plus, learning to eat a healthy, balanced diet is better for you in the long run. IIFYM has more long term benefits than keto + you don't feel like chit.
    Current Log | https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173823581
    Store Reviews | http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/brennanmwhite

bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bencarpenter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OllieEwin View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to adapt to the keto diet for months now and although somtimes it's great and I'm in ketosis. Most of the time I'm losing muscle and feeling like ****. I don't want to let go of the cognitive benefits and inflammatory benefits. But it's not quite working, I'm not sure if perhaps my stress levels are always too high or what, whether I need to chill for a while as I Adpat or if carb referees are a better option like once a week or maybe a little bit every night before bed so I can sleep better?

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help!
    Ketogenic diets usually encourage an increase in protein consumption and a decrease in caloric consumption. This is why many low carb diet trials show greater success in the low carb condition.

Under conditions where calories and protein intakes are matched, ketogenic diets do not appear to have any further weight loss benefit but may be harder for some people to adhere to.

Long story short, if you don't enjoy keto, don't do keto.
    PEScience Representative
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html

www.********.com/bencarpenterpersonaltraining
    www.instagram.com/bdccarpenter
    www.youtube.com/bcpersonaltraining
    www.twitter.com/bdccarpenter

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    stop this diet and go back to a normal one.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    most people who do keto diets have no idea how to do it properly I have stayed on keto for months and felt great remember the majority of your meal should be fat then protein and the only carbs should be fiber from vegetables, a lot of you are on low carb diets and you think you are on keto when you are not, on low carbs you dont feel good, once the brain switch into keto you will feel great, also OP if are on a proper keto you will not lose muscle, when glycogen and water leaves the muscle you will look flat but the muscles are still there you wont lose anything.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If your getting cognitive benefits look into other ways to get the same benefits. Nootropics and other diets give the same benefits. Keto is not the only diet that can give the same benefits.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

Get big or die trying JacqueAttack's Avatar
    JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bencarpenter View Post
    Ketogenic diets usually encourage an increase in protein consumption and a decrease in caloric consumption. This is why many low carb diet trials show greater success in the low carb condition.

Under conditions where calories and protein intakes are matched, ketogenic diets do not appear to have any further weight loss benefit but may be harder for some people to adhere to.

Long story short, if you don't enjoy keto, don't do keto.
    This. Research done on ANY diet that doesn't ensure consistency of the most important and well documented variable(energy balance) across test groups should be dismissed immediately.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's no advantage to keto over regular dieting, assuming the caloric deficit is the same. And low carb is probably worse for performance anyway. Try keeping the deficit the same with a higher carb diet and your results will be the same over the long run.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html