Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just got my Ironmaster quicklock dumbbells and bench [PICS]

Just got my Ironmaster quicklock dumbbells and superbench a few days ago. Thanks to everyone's contribution regarding adjustable dumbbells on this forum, I wouldn't have made the purchase if it wasn't for everyone's help. I've decided to take some pics and give some insight on my initial impression of ironmaster and contribute back.

After spending roughly 2 months of deciding between the Ironmaster vs Powerblocks, I've finally decided to go with the Ironmasters for the traditional dumbbell feel. I finally saved up enough funds to make my purchase, and I was never able to see any ironmasters pop up on craigslist. I placed my order with Matt directly from IM in the morning and by the afternoon, I received an email with a tracking number stating that my order has been shipped with FedEx! Amazing customer service and fast shipping! Matt was very cordial and patient with me when discussing about my order and answering any questions I had. He's a really nice guy and I would really recommend him when dealing with Ironmaster.

I decided to go with the Ironmaster Dumbbell Package #4 that comes with all the attachment add ons. 3 Days later after my order, a total of 10 packages showed up at my front door from FedEx.

I must say, the members here weren't lying when they said that the unboxing/unpackaging was going to be a workout all on its own. Each part was individually wrapped with plastic, and some even doubled in cardboard boxes. The packaging was really secure and protects each item. I suggest getting a blade and some heavy duty scissors. Each dumbbell plate had its own plastic wrap as well.

After checking out the plates, I decided to set up the dumbbell stand first so I can immediately start playing with it. The instructions were quite simple, and all the necessary allen screws, nuts, and tools were included. The stands have 3 shelves including the top, each shelf had a plastic / rubber lining on it for you to place your dumbbells on without scratching the metal. It took me around 20 mins to put it together because I wanted to take my time and make sure I was doing it right without putting any scratches on the metal pieces. The stand itself is very sturdy, and looks great. The dark gray color is going to match well with my Powertec Power Rack.

After putting the stand together and removing all the dumbbell quick lock plates from the box, I immediately started to play with the dumbbells. They were solid and beefier than I originally thought. From the photos that you see online, you don't really see the true beauty of these until you have it in front of you. The screws and handles itself seemed really beefy. I tried putting the plates together, and using the screws, and I admit it does take some getting used to, but I have confidence that I'll be able to master it pretty quickly after giving it some use. Doing some presses with them, they felt very secure with no rattling whatsoever. It seems to be pretty impossible for the screws to even become loose. Even if they screws do become loose, in order for it to come out, the notch on the screw has to line up exactly with the notch on the dumbbell handle in order for it to slide out, so there's no worrying of dropping plates while using these even if you tried really hard. Also, because the handles were brand new, there was a lot of oil around the handle and locking screws, but nothing a good wipe can't take care of.

Continued below....
    Last edited by mike_terror; 02-16-2010 at 08:21 PM.

mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) mike_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Ironmaster Superbench came packaged in it's own box by itself. The bench weighs a total of roughly 70lbs. The bench was also well packed in the box with styrofoam and also 2 pieces of metal tubing to support the bench. The bench itself is basically already set up with not much installation required. The only things that will need to be installed are the two leg stands that will be bolted perpendicularly. I decided to purchase a wheel kit instead, so I can roll my bench around my house. The superbench feels very nice and sturdy. No wobbling whatsoever. I've read from previous reviews that it might be a bit too high for short people. I was pretty concerned about this since I'm only 5 feet 7, but this did not seem to be a problem for me. I can easily plant my feet flat on the ground when lying down. I'm not sure if all the hip stretching + exercises helped contribute to that.

Each attachment for the bench felt really solid and well built. I have my setup on laminate flooring, so there isnt much wobbling on the dips nor the pull up bar. I only weigh 157lb so everything works perfectly fine for me. I believe the pull up bar is rated at 300lbs. Setting up the bench for military presses feel really comfortable. The seat just slides into one of the 3 weld openings. Once you sit on it, the seat is secure and does not move at all.

Overall, I feel like I've made a really good choice by purchasing this. In no way do I regret this one bit. So far I LOVE the superbench and I LOVE the dumbbells. I guess this is why you hardly see any Ironmaster products up on craigslist. Everything is also in my room, and takes up very very less space. Everything feels very heavy duty and will be a great addition to my current home work out equipments. I already own a Bodycraft F320 FID bench, and I felt that it wouldn't hurt to own another bench as well. I know there has been a heated debate of the Bodycraft F320 vs the Ironmaster Superbench in the past, now that I own both, maybe I can chime in on that, but I'll save that for another thread in another time.

The only CONS that I can say about the items is that the IM Superbench padding is a bit too soft for my liking as I can easily press down on it with 1 finger. I wish it was a bit more firm and a bit harder like my Bodycraft F320 padding. Lastly.... When the bench is in a complete flat position, the latch that hooks onto each notch under the bench was not completely secured. I notice that I need to apply some pressure on one end of the bench to make sure the latch pops into the latch. This ONLY applies for me in the completely flat position. Yesterday, I stepped on the latch and placed the bench in flat position and totally forgot to double check the bottom to see if its hooked into the notch. I sat down on one end of the bench as if I was gonna lay on my back and immediately fell on my ass. The other side of the bench lifted up into a 90 degree incline position because the notch was not securely hooked in and I forgot to double check. I was startled and it could of been pretty dangerous if I was holding two dumbbells with heavy weight in each hand. This does annoy me a bit that I have to double check each time. But I'm not sure if its a problem on all benches or maybe just mine. I dont know if you guys understand what I'm talking about, but I'll try to take some additional pictures so you guys have a better understanding.

Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mike_terror View Post
    But I'm not sure if its a problem on all benches or maybe just mine. I dont know if you guys understand what I'm talking about, but I'll try to take some additional pictures so you guys have a better understanding.
    I've never had this problem with my IM bench. Should probably call them about it, because that is not the norm. Good review.
    Carpe diem

Here are some photos to explain what I was talking about earlier.

This is the bench when placed in a flat position before applying any pressure on the head pad area.

Heres a zoom in picture of the metal latch and the little teeth/notches. In order to prevent the bench from moving or changing angles, the latch has to sit securely in each notch. But when I place my bench flat, the metal latch does not immediately enter nicely into the notch.

This is how it looks when it is secured. In order to do this for the flat position, I have to sort of push the latch so it can fall into the notch or apply pressure on the top of the bench.

This is what happens when you sit down on the bench before it is secured in the notch.

I don't really think its THAT big of a problem, and won't be contacting IM regarding this. It may just only be my bench that has this issue. Overall, I still love my bench and does not change my decision about it, I just have to remember to double check it when in the flat position. No biggie. Still highly recommend it.

Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't really think its THAT big of a problem, and won't be contacting IM regarding this. It may just only be my bench that has this issue. Overall, I still love my bench and does not change my decision about it, I just have to remember to double check it when in the flat position. No biggie. Still highly recommend it.
    Not that big of a problem, but you shouldn't have to deal with something like that when you just paid $300 for it new. It's a great bench though, I love mine. It might be in your best interests to just give them a quick call, because that will probably get more annoying over time. You shelled out good money for that bench, the least it can do is lock into the flat position without you having to double-check it. Have fun with your new toys!
    Carpe diem

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow, great detailed review Mike! I love the photos too. The pictures really help me understand the product more. I agree with Unbreakable that the notch problem should be taken care of by Ironmaster if the bench isn't supposed to do that.

So the pull up bar is good? I own a power tower, but I would consider this attachment if it works and I could sell the tower to conserve space. Have you tried the preacher curl attachment yet? And did you buy covers for the foam pads on the leg attachments? I am considering the covers for the crunch attachment, but I'm not sure if they sell them for these or for only the leg curl/extension attachment.

Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    Wow, great detailed review Mike! I love the photos too. The pictures really help me understand the product more. I agree with Unbreakable that the notch problem should be taken care of by Ironmaster if the bench isn't supposed to do that.

So the pull up bar is good? I own a power tower, but I would consider this attachment if it works and I could sell the tower to conserve space. Have you tried the preacher curl attachment yet? And did you buy covers for the foam pads on the leg attachments? I am considering the covers for the crunch attachment, but I'm not sure if they sell them for these or for only the leg curl/extension attachment.
    Justin, I actually made a mistake, I did not purchase package #4 with all the attachments, instead I purchased package #3. I decided to not get the preacher curl add-on because from previous owners, they said that it was a bit awkward in the design and positioned a bit too low, causing you to hunch your back. Also heres a video that might be helpful.
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R2OK36Z...cm_cr_rdp_perm
    I found that there's a preacher curl attachment available for my Bodycraft F320, so if I never need one, I'll get it for that bench instead. As for the leg extension, that was another reason why I didn't go with package #4 because I know I'll never use it

For the pull up bar attachment, it feels really solid to me, but again I'm 5'7" and only 158lbs. I can do all my chin up / pull up exercises perfectly with no problem. There's different levels for height adjustment as well. The pure purpose of me getting package #3 was because of this pull up bar attachment. If you do them in a controlled manner, I doubt that it'll give you any problems, but if you swing your legs like crazy, you obviously might feel some swaying.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Mike,

Yeah, I have been looking at either package #2 or #3. I also don't have interest in the other packages, but I was curious what you thought about the preacher curl because I had read the amazon reviews earlier (yes, I think I have scoured the entire web searching for ironmaster reviews ). I also am not interested in the leg curl/extensions. I have never liked using them on machines with weight stacks and I have read these exercises are bad for your knees with the horizonal sheer forces placed across the joint.

I bought a power tower not too long ago from Sports Authority. It is great for roman chair ab work, dips, and, pullups. But if I buy the super bench, I'm wondering if I should just get the pull up attachment and sell the tower to save space. Is the pull up attachment slightly padded? It looks like it is from the pic, but I'm not sure.

Justin, I actually made a mistake, I did not purchase package #4 with all the attachments, instead I purchased package #3. I decided to not get the preacher curl add-on because from previous owners, they said that it was a bit awkward in the design and positioned a bit too low, causing you to hunch your back. Also heres a video that might be helpful.
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R2OK36Z...cm_cr_rdp_perm
    I found that there's a preacher curl attachment available for my Bodycraft F320, so if I never need one, I'll get it for that bench instead. As for the leg extension, that was another reason why I didn't go with package #4 because I know I'll never use it

For the pull up bar attachment, it feels really solid to me, but again I'm 5'7" and only 158lbs. I can do all my chin up / pull up exercises perfectly with no problem. There's different levels for height adjustment as well. The pure purpose of me getting package #3 was because of this pull up bar attachment. If you do them in a controlled manner, I doubt that it'll give you any problems, but if you swing your legs like crazy, you obviously might feel some swaying.
    Last edited by justinluck; 02-16-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really good review congrats on the nice equipment!

[IMG] Lastly.... When the bench is in a complete flat position, the latch that hooks onto each notch under the bench was not completely secured. ...

... I sat down on one end of the bench as if I was gonna lay on my back and immediately fell on my ass.
    This is really dangerous get it fixed so it locks into place 100% everytime. If you had a loaded bar in your hands and the thing wasnt popped in all the way it would be a disaster
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very nice and detailed review. I have never had that issue with my super bench and never read or heard of anyone else having it so it's safe to say you're correct in assuming it's exclusive to your bench.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    And did you buy covers for the foam pads on the leg attachments? I am considering the covers for the crunch attachment, but I'm not sure if they sell them for these or for only the leg curl/extension attachment.
    They sell them specifically for the crunch attachment:

http://www.ironmaster.com/store/Roll...up-pr-131.html

I have the crunch attachment for my bench and the covers, I think for the cheap price it's a no brainer to get them just to prolong the life of the rollers.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you just need to get a file and file down a bit of the chrome in the groove where it is catching.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought my Ironmaster dbells (120 lbs) almost 4 years ago.

Very solid product, the dbells still look new.

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I LOVE a good unboxing thread. Well done. Thanks for the info and the detailed pics.

jdk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the awesome pics. Do the weights seem like they are scratched up out of the box or was that brown fuzz from the box?

I like the pics of the bench, but do not like that you are so high off the ground when using it as a decline bench. I am surprised IronMaster couldn't add a few more notches so it would decline or redesign it in a way you are not obligated to purchase the extra attachment to hold your feet when in a decline position.

I am hoping to find a nice bench soon, so I can place my order for my dumbbells to go with it.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    I like the pics of the bench, but do not like that you are so high off the ground when using it as a decline bench. I am surprised IronMaster couldn't add a few more notches so it would decline or redesign it in a way you are not obligated to purchase the extra attachment to hold your feet when in a decline position.
    Actually, many benches with decline features use leg holders. It's safer to lock your legs in than have to rely on your hammies to keep you on the bench.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    I LOVE a good unboxing thread. Well done. Thanks for the info and the detailed pics.
    Exactly!
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    Actually, many benches with decline features use leg holders. It's safer to lock your legs in than have to rely on your hammies to keep you on the bench.
    Agreed completely.

I'm also not surprised they don't include the attachment with it.

I don't mind the leg holders as I think they are a good idea too, but the bench appears HIGH off the ground the way you have to rotate the bench and put the leg attachment up by the head. Other reviews on here say the bench is rather high.

Anyone with this bench know how high the bench is when using it in the declined position? I have been looking at other benches such as the Powertec Workbench and BodyCraft F320 which are really close to the ground when doing declines.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Mike, great review and yet more testament as to why the IM's are such a great choice and product. I can't say anything bad about powerblocks because they are made well, but the only thing they have over the IM's is the the speed of changing weight.

Ironmaster just makes good, good stuff.

That said.........

Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    Agreed completely.

I'm also not surprised they don't include the attachment with it.

Meh......I think its a pathetic way to squeeze some extra bucks out of the consumer. The bench is already more than the F320 and then you have to buy the attachment for decline use? I'm not saying buy the F320 over the superbench, because they seem to both be fine products; but c'mon!!!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can these be dropped? like if i have shock absorbant mat laid? these look like the most drop-able adjustable dumbells ive seen so far, and when im at the end of a heavy set, i like being able to drop hex's

the convenience of adjustables is screaming at me though, so im wondering... let me know

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    can these be dropped? like if i have shock absorbant mat laid? these look like the most drop-able adjustable dumbells ive seen so far, and when im at the end of a heavy set, i like being able to drop hex's

the convenience of adjustables is screaming at me though, so im wondering... let me know

Yes, they can be dropped. Go to their site, they have a video showing its fine.

I have them and do not like to drop them or anything else for that matter. I figure that no matter how tough something is, you're just asking for trouble to abuse it, but I'd drop 'em if I had to.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How did you manage to get all those pics? When mine came I was like a kid a Christmas time. ;-)

@MrHolman Yes, they can be dropped without voiding the warranty, though I'm not sure dropping them on a concrete surface would be a good idea.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Meh......I think its a pathetic way to squeeze some extra bucks out of the consumer. The bench is already more than the F320 and then you have to buy the attachment for decline use? I'm not saying buy the F320 over the superbench, because they seem to both be fine products; but c'mon!!!
    I didn't say I agreed with it, just that it doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff out there that strikes me as nothing but a money-grab.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I have them and do not like to drop them or anything else for that matter. I figure that no matter how tough something is, you're just asking for trouble to abuse it, but I'd drop 'em if I had to.
    This. Unless you're doing olympic lifts, you should avoid dropping weights as much as you can.

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's really a nice set up Mike, and your review is as good as a review can be! Good job, repped!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25

Thanks for the awesome pics. Do the weights seem like they are scratched up out of the box or was that brown fuzz from the box?
    JDK, I believe the plates are casted, so there are very very very little minor aesthetic issues. The plates itself is not scratched up out of the box, they all come packaged in their own individual plastic wrap. The reason it looks like that is because the plates are not smooth like a powdercoated metal tubing, but instead have some texture to it. The black paint on the plates also makes it a bit more visible, but it's not really a problem at all. Once you start lifting heavier and changing plates quickly, I'm pretty sure I'm bound to accidentally bang the plates together, hit the handle, or against the stand.

This is the best picture I can find that is similar to what I'm talking about on the ironmaster plates. The little minor orange peelish texture.

If you need more detailed pics, feel free to let me know.

JDK, I believe the plates are casted, so there are very very very little minor aesthetic issues. The plates itself is not scratched up out of the box, they all come packaged in their own individual plastic wrap. The reason it looks like that is because the plates are not smooth like a powdercoated metal tubing, but instead have some texture to it. The black paint on the plates also makes it a bit more visible, but it's not really a problem at all. Once you start lifting heavier and changing plates quickly, I'm pretty sure I'm bound to accidentally bang the plates together, hit the handle, or against the stand.

This is the best picture I can find that is similar to what I'm talking about on the ironmaster plates. The little minor orange peelish texture.

If you need more detailed pics, feel free to let me know.

Thanks Mike! I know the weights are top notch. I am more concerned about the bench and the height of it off the ground when doing declined presses. I am still considering this bench or the BodyCraft F320.

I just do not want to spend money on a bench I am going to have a hard time grabbing weights off the ground when in a declined position.

Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Mike! I know the weights are top notch. I am more concerned about the bench and the height of it off the ground when doing declined presses. I am still considering this bench or the BodyCraft F320.

I just do not want to spend money on a bench I am going to have a hard time grabbing weights off the ground when in a declined position.
    Normal flat position - highest point of bench (top of pad) is 20.5" off ground

In the 4th position (20 degree angle) - highest point of bench is 30.5" off ground

In the 5th position (30 degree angle) - highest point of bench is 34.5" off ground

I am the same height as you and had no problem grabbing the dumbells off of the floor
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."

Looking for discount Controlled Labs products? PM me for details.