weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weber's Keto Log

Someone in the regular Keto forum told me to start one. I've had one in the past but it was with my failed attempts. This time its different.

So, some quick background:
    I have done keto in the past and been off and on successful, because (as I was told on many in the Keto forum) I didnt want it ibad enough.
    Well they were 100% right on and something clicked these last few months and I made the decision to do something about myself.

I am 6'4" in tall and at the time if this start last monday May 3rd 2010 i weighed in a 296 lbs with about 35% BF.

Today May 14th 2010 I currently weigh 281 lbs. thats a 15 lbs drop in 10 days and it fees great.

But the best part of this is I quit drinking alcohol also. Believe me getting past that first week was no easy task. I am addicted to beer and carbs.

I have not had heartburn since the day I started, which is worth its weight in gold. I have slept wonderfully, I have become muc more clear in thought and my mood is through the roof (unless i'm hungry) and last my tolerance and patience is fantastic now also.

Really I cant remember feeling this good on a day to day basis.

So here is some of the stuff that I eat

Eggs
    smoked mackerel
    pork sausage (100% natural, no nitrates, no sugards, not processed)
    hamburger meat 73/27
    had one prime rib these last 10 days
    chicken
    ceaser salads
    polish kilbasa
    bratwurst
    greenbeans
    cheese
    shots of straight Olive oil in the morning
    flax seed oil
    coffee
    green tea
    jalapenos
    almond milk
    cayenne pepper as a spice
    sour cream
    mustard
    mayo

I just started taking a supplment called DIM and I will let you know my thoughts on this

I try to eat at least 4 times a day and I normall stop eating around 7 pm

I drink almost 2 gallons of water a day

I throw around Kettlebells and manila rope and next week will be a tractor tire and sledgehammer

I bought a Kayak last weekend and that was a fantastic upper body workout. I try to go for a walk on lunch at my desk job.

The one thing I have gotten out of this so far in the word DECIDE

once you truly decide to do something and that decision has a great foundation (reason or why) then there is no way you can fail. You've decided to do it.
    Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to make time for illness. - Edward Stanley

Wow! what a life uh?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by weber25 View Post
    Someone in the regular Keto forum told me to start one. I've had one in the past but it was with my failed attempts. This time its different.

So, some quick background:
    I have done keto in the past and been off and on successful, because (as I was told on many in the Keto forum) I didnt want it ibad enough.
    Well they were 100% right on and something clicked these last few months and I made the decision to do something about myself.

I am 6'4" in tall and at the time if this start last monday May 3rd 2010 i weighed in a 296 lbs with about 35% BF.

Today May 14th 2010 I currently weigh 281 lbs. thats a 15 lbs drop in 10 days and it fees great.

But the best part of this is I quit drinking alcohol also. Believe me getting past that first week was no easy task. I am addicted to beer and carbs.

I have not had heartburn since the day I started, which is worth its weight in gold. I have slept wonderfully, I have become muc more clear in thought and my mood is through the roof (unless i'm hungry) and last my tolerance and patience is fantastic now also.

Really I cant remember feeling this good on a day to day basis.

So here is some of the stuff that I eat

Eggs
    smoked mackerel
    pork sausage (100% natural, no nitrates, no sugards, not processed)
    hamburger meat 73/27
    had one prime rib these last 10 days
    chicken
    ceaser salads
    polish kilbasa
    bratwurst
    greenbeans
    cheese
    shots of straight Olive oil in the morning
    flax seed oil
    coffee
    green tea
    jalapenos
    almond milk
    cayenne pepper as a spice
    sour cream
    mustard
    mayo

I just started taking a supplment called DIM and I will let you know my thoughts on this

I try to eat at least 4 times a day and I normall stop eating around 7 pm

I drink almost 2 gallons of water a day

I throw around Kettlebells and manila rope and next week will be a tractor tire and sledgehammer

I bought a Kayak last weekend and that was a fantastic upper body workout. I try to go for a walk on lunch at my desk job.

The one thing I have gotten out of this so far in the word DECIDE

once you truly decide to do something and that decision has a great foundation (reason or why) then there is no way you can fail. You've decided to do it.
    Congrats on starting your log again. Are you carbing up this weekend? How's the diet? Workout plans for next week? What made you decide on this supplement DIM?
    Last edited by MASSter; 05-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.

weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well... the weekend went great, no cheats no alcohol and all keto wit some kettlbell work and a kayaking session sunday.

Now my only worry is that I have a small stall
    went down 296 to 281 in 10 days

last friday I actually gained 5 lbs and have kept that 285 -286 range over the whole weekend. no extra salts or sodium, no processed meats, no starchs at all and only a few celery sticks some salad and green beans

so I am a little pissed becasue the last time I did keto successfully I lost consistantly on a daily basis 35 lbs in 2.5 months
    Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to make time for illness. - Edward Stanley

Wow! what a life uh?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley

Oh and "DIM" Diindolymethane (DIM) is the most bioactive compound in crucifers to help defend women and men against estrogen's adverse metabolites.

I was reading some of Mike Mahler's posts on hs website and he had a doc speaking about the negative impacts of estrogens on humans in general. He is very pro-natural and this supplemt was easily obtained at a vitamin cottage here in CO.

Because of where I hold on to my fat and the softness I have I feel that Insulin wasa huge part of weight gain but probably so was estrogen or even more so lack of testosterone. (had a blood test showed low)

So I figured if I could increase testosterone naturally and make sure that estrogens were broken down quickly in my body I would have an upper edge.

Wow! what a life uh?

My workouts have been suffering greatly becasue I really have no energy I can get into something and within minutes I am gassed, any idea on how to help this?

Wow! what a life uh?

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    My workouts have been suffering greatly becasue I really have no energy I can get into something and within minutes I am gassed, any idea on how to help this?
    Some people say they have great energy and strength gains, I personally have noticed srength LOSS on keto...I know what you mean man. My best days are the first workout following a carb up.

I contemplated switching to a TKD, but I dont think I would handle it well. Im sticking with the CKD
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

koreanjason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL im going to use your diet!

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh and "DIM" Diindolymethane (DIM) is the most bioactive compound in crucifers to help defend women and men against estrogen's adverse metabolites.

I was reading some of Mike Mahler's posts on hs website and he had a doc speaking about the negative impacts of estrogens on humans in general. He is very pro-natural and this supplemt was easily obtained at a vitamin cottage here in CO.

Because of where I hold on to my fat and the softness I have I feel that Insulin wasa huge part of weight gain but probably so was estrogen or even more so lack of testosterone. (had a blood test showed low)

So I figured if I could increase testosterone naturally and make sure that estrogens were broken down quickly in my body I would have an upper edge.
    Sounds like indole carbinol(although I could be mistaken). Some real good test boosters with that in it(Activate Xtreme and Bioforge). Probably pricier than yours though.

Yeah I think I got mine for $19.99 for 120 capsules at Vitamin Cottage

here is a link about it.

http://www.dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

Wow! what a life uh?

Oh and my littel satll is over

Yesterday weighed in at 285-186

this morning weighed in at 279-280

Wow! what a life uh?

Yeah I am utterly confused
    Jumped back up today to 283
    I'm hovering around this darn 280-285 mark and its kind of pissing me off
    the last time I did a successful keto I wasnt this strict with diets and no carb ups and I lost 35 lbs in a very short period of time
    what gives ?

Wow! what a life uh?

Yep 8 days later I ams still at that darn weight

I need help

WHAT DO I DO?

Wow! what a life uh?

Well the weekend is over. I did have to re-feed this weekend. My hunger and calories were so low that is was getting to the point where I had to do something because I was starving myself without purposefully starving myself. About 1200 calories and no energy for a morning workout.

So I re-fed and it was fantastic, only gained 2 lbs from it and I jumped right back into keto on sunday with normal amounts of food.

I think my body was producing a lot of insulin because before keto I was always hungry on Keto I lose all intrest in food.

as of this morning still at 280 and I got to enjoy some delicous food saturday

I hope by the end of the week I have broken that 280 barrier and am some where in the 270's

Wow! what a life uh?

Quick update
    Down to 273 this morning from 291 on May 31st, still feeling fantastic, still plenty of energy to do body weight exercises and manual labor (laying sod, sprinkler system and moving rock & dirt)
    On a very low (Lyle McDonald RFL) about 800 - 1000 calories lean protein 2 free meals a week (same lean protein with a little extra like bread or glass of wine and veggies. I never feel hungry if I do I eat a little (fat free cottage cheese, can of tuna, small piece of chicken breast but I dont indulge)All my cravings for sugar and bread have all but gone away and if for whatever reason I have a small craving I know I have that free meal to get a taste

Man I feel FREAKING amazing I have finally found it!

Wow! what a life uh?