bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry Not losing weight with keto?

Hey guys! I finally stopped only stalking reddit and got on board, woot woot! ^__^

So ive been eating keto, and I did really good all last week. Friday night I drank vodka and soda, and didn’t drink at all Saturday or Sunday. I’ve been logging my calories and meeting my macros, and I’m discouraged I’m at the same weight I started at last week. I’m not sure if maybe I’m having a sensitivity to dairy, however I did the HCG diet years back, and was able to eat keto in “Phase 3” with no problems while maintaining weight around 128-130 lbs. I used to low carb, low fat at a 1200 calorie limit with intense exercise once a day and shredded weight before my wedding a year ago and got down 20 lbs I gained to 134 lb. Now I’m back at 153 lbs, and the scale hasn’t budged so I decided to try keto.

Here are my stats:
    5’2 height
    153.4 lbs
    Waist 30 3/4”
    Hips 39 1/4”
    Arms 12” each
    Legs 22 1/2”

I’ve been eating around 1200-1450 calories a day just trying to figure out what fits best for me, since before I had success eating low calories (but obviously gained it back) and my body likes to be stuck around this weight! An example of what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast - 430 cals
    Coffee
    Tbsp heavy cream
    Vanilla stevia
    Keto egg casserole

Snacks - 393 cals
    Salami, cream cheese asparagus roll ups
    Celery and keto pb
    Maybe 10 blueberries
    Half small avacado

Lunch -
    1 chicken sausage Spinach feta
    1 chicken sausage green chili
    1 tbsp olive oil mayo
    No added sugar ketchup
    Mustard

Dinner - 465 cals
    Jalapeño cheddar burger patty
    2 oz pepper jack cheese
    1 tbsp mustard
    1 tbsp ketchup
    1 1 tbsp olive oil mayo

Total calories - 1542

Macros 101g protein/18g net carbs/111g fat

Even though I went over my calorie intake I still don’t know what gives. I weighed less yesterday... I bought keto stripes and the ketone BHB supplements I’m taking along with turmeric and b12 and a few other supplements, as well as keto electrolyte powder for my water. Is this normal when starting out in keto? I’m going to start working out again today now that I have my electrolytes ( I took a break last week.. felt awful!) and I’m really hoping I can cut some weight by my anniversary in 2 weeks!! I feel bloated and squishy LOL. Not like I do when I eat low fat & carbs at 1200 calories while working out. Advise is greatly appreciated guys, thank you! 🤗

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keto alone won’t cause you to lose weight, caloric deficit will
    I think your underestimating the calories you’re taking in daily
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why are you putting cream in drinks if you are trying to lose weight
    Last edited by WolfRose7; 08-24-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bmacdaddyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    why are you putting cream in drinks if you are trying to loose weight
    It’s keto are you being serious....

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bmacdaddyy View Post
    Why wouldn't he be? You're trying to lose weight by dumping calories into your coffee then wondering why you aren't losing weight? Keto isn't magical, without a caloric deficit you can name your diet what ever you want and you still won't accomplish anything.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why are you drinking cream if you want to lose weight
    Highly calorically dense food, that doesn’t do much for satiation
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you still drinking on weekend and undoing all your work with cheat meals and alcohol like a few months ago?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178410851

Also re-reading your post it sounds like you've only been doing the current plan for like 1 week? You can't look a a few day to day changes and make any kind of accurate picture of whats going on. Be consistent for 3 weeks and compare weekly averaging after daily weigh ins. The rest about the cream in the coffee still stands and if you aren't losing weight that would be a good place to start with cutting back.

Refrigerator Lover

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And this attitude is why you are struggling, you're approaching this the wrong way.

keto is a potential tool for some to restrict calories, it is not a free for all to eat high calorie foods as long as they aren't carbs
    5 day full body crew

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, there is nothing magical about keto. If you eat more calories than you burn (regardless of source of those calories) on a consistent basis you WILL GAIN WEIGHT.

If you eat less calories than you burn (regardless of source of those calories) on a consistent basis you WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

Supermusclemom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Easy Does It....

The other posters are correct,calorie deficit is what.counts...just take it easy on yourself. Measure how much cream you are having. Measure precisely what you are eating.
    It is a drag, but I only noticed weight loss after I cut out dairy and worked on a calorie deficit.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To be fair to OP, though, cream may not be a nutritionally valuable choice in its own right, but is it not viable if that's how she wants to allocate a small allowance for sustainability's sake? I mean, if she really likes cream in her coffee beyond whatever else needs to be given up more stringently to maintain a deficit, then that sounds like a good move to me to safeguard consistency.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    To be fair to OP, though, cream may not be a nutritionally valuable choice in its own right, but is it not viable if that's how she wants to allocate a small allowance for sustainability's sake? I mean, if she really likes cream in her coffee beyond whatever else needs to be given up more stringently to maintain a deficit, then that sounds like a good move to me to safeguard consistency.
    For sure, but keto zealots tend to promote this stupid idea of adding heavy cream to things like coffee just in the name of adding fats. This leads to the common trend of people coming on here wondering why they haven't lost weight on keto simply because they're doing keto. If she isn't losing weight then taking what could be 100+ calories away from a coffee is an easy place to start reducing calories. She doesn't need to remove the cream but she does need to reduce calories if she isn't in a deficit.

Refrigerator Lover

Registered User letsfixthatform's Avatar
    letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10) letsfixthatform is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Someone already mentioned keto is a tool in a vast arsenal of weight loss methods. Now I am NOT a keto advocate but I occasionally do some low carb weeks as part of some carb cycling. That being said I ALWAYS look at calories in vs calories out. Also remember that it takes the body a while to adjust to a new diet. Ketogenic diets work for some people and that is great, but the rebound effects of using keto temporarily cause a lot of people to balloon back up when they reintroduce carbohydrates. I would say everyone posting before me hit the nail on the head so I won't kick a dead horse.

As to the mention of attitude, I would ask why someone would ask opinions on a forum then respond in such a way when the responses are a tad critical.
    ISSA CPT
    ISSA BB spclst
    Worlds okayest lifting coach

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Anything is viable if you like it, but adding ridiculously dense calorie liquid to and otherwise calorie free/low drink is pretty mad when you are trying to lower calories
    5 day full body crew

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anything is viable if you like it, but adding ridiculously dense calorie liquid to and otherwise calorie free/low drink is pretty mad when you are trying to lower calories
    I guess, but some people live for their one soda or whatever while dieting and it keeps them going, even though that's almost nutritionally worthless. At least cream has some positive value.

Though, it does sound like she was just putting it in for the sake of more fat on the assumption that if carbs were almost zero, she couldn't gain on this diet, which is obviously not true.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    For sure, but keto zealots tend to promote this stupid idea of adding heavy cream to things like coffee just in the name of adding fats. This leads to the common trend of people coming on here wondering why they haven't lost weight on keto simply because they're doing keto.
    i think my "keto advocate" family members do this, or at least used to. they've lost some weight with keto/low carb, but can't make it a sustainable lifestyle. even if they could, the weight loss would stall eventually due to the "eating tons of extra fat cuz im on keto" mentality. also, they don't seem to believe in counting calories due to thermogenic effect and other metabolic functions throwing the calculations off slightly ("a calorie is not a calorie")

obviously not hating on them but just sharing a real experience

tldr: some people ignore calories because they believe keto automatically makes you lose weight
    Last edited by faithbrah; 08-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Originally Posted by youguysaredumb View Post
    Well great. The same idiots who hang out every day after day in the Keto forum just to bash on people doing keto has chased another new OP away. Great job.
    Literally everyone in here tried to help the OP and no on engaged in any bashing..

You are clearly a multi of a banned account too lol.
    5 day full body crew

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Literally everyone in here tried to help the OP and no on engaged in any bashing..

You are clearly a multi of a banned account too lol.
    Yep...!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You haven't mentioned a timeline, how long have you been stuck?

How long have you been restricting calories?

How many 'going over calories' events have there been in that time?

The fact is if you are stuck at one weight for more than a week then you are eating too much and need to reduce your calories. Whether or not you are on keto makes absolutely no difference to this fact and will make no difference to your fat loss.

Also you are unlikely to lose more than 2lb of fat between now and your anniversary, I would set longer term goals than that and make sure you are implementing lifestyle changes rather than just 'racing to the finish' (you mentioned your weight loss for your wedding). If your new way of eating has an end point you will almost certainly gain the weight back (as happened before). You need to change your eating habits for good if you want to maintain a healthy weight and not be doing this slog every year

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

thank you for this .... you’re the only one that responded with kindness and some sense. Everyone starts somewhere and we all make mistakes. Judging by responses most people on here seem like they’ve been doing keto since they were drinking similac.

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Are you still drinking on weekend and undoing all your work with cheat meals and alcohol like a few months ago?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178410851

Also re-reading your post it sounds like you've only been doing the current plan for like 1 week? You can't look a a few day to day changes and make any kind of accurate picture of whats going on. Be consistent for 3 weeks and compare weekly averaging after daily weigh ins. The rest about the cream in the coffee still stands and if you aren't losing weight that would be a good place to start with cutting back.

buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttabeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Great response! 👌

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    You haven't mentioned a timeline, how long have you been stuck?

How long have you been restricting calories?

How many 'going over calories' events have there been in that time?

The fact is if you are stuck at one weight for more than a week then you are eating too much and need to reduce your calories. Whether or not you are on keto makes absolutely no difference to this fact and will make no difference to your fat loss.

Also you are unlikely to lose more than 2lb of fat between now and your anniversary, I would set longer term goals than that and make sure you are implementing lifestyle changes rather than just 'racing to the finish' (you mentioned your weight loss for your wedding). If your new way of eating has an end point you will almost certainly gain the weight back (as happened before). You need to change your eating habits for good if you want to maintain a healthy weight and not be doing this slog every year

speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedychef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some keto practitioners believe that they can lose weight as long as they stick to certain ratios, with fat being the highest percentage of food. Problem is, you could stick to your macro ratios and eat unlimited calories. That won't work.