Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I save them bundles BowlingWizard's Avatar
    BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile 10000/10 trip to LA

(Breaking this up into parts because I have a lot of pictures)

Going back home to TN tomorrow and I've had time to reflect on my LA trip. It was absolutely incredible, I know a lot of people told me the place sucks, it's dirty and all this stuff but I realized that you can make the most out of any area with as many people as LA.
    I don't see how I could have possibly had a bad trip here with the resources I had, unless I was actually intending on having a bad one

It was my first time going and I visited everywhere I wanted to go!! I'm so happy.

Cliffs right off the bat:

-I skated everywhere. I took the bus to get to the further parts of LA but for the most part, I spent 80% of my mobile trip on my board.
    -The city didn't smell like pee. In fact, NY was 10x worse in terms of smell and dirtiness.
    -I didn't eat sushi, or go to any major chain restaurants like Wendy's, Subway, etc.
    -I was alone.
    -I was in Culver City!

Before I continue, I'll address some of the concerns here.

Not a fan of In-N-Out... at all! Overhyped to me. Also didn't feel like spending money on herbs, just seemed like a waste of money and $$ I could have allotted towards food. To each his own though

Nah my dude, this was untrue! Culver City was close to so much stuff, so many restaurants, parks, etc. Literally skated everywhere within an hour walking distance, never rented a car. Also, the sidewalks were super paved so it was smooth and fun. I don't see how I could have died unless I decided to pretend stop signs didn't exist. I followed the traffic signs too, but this was a good food suggestion!!

I managed to see it without a car!

Now onto the good stuff...
    WYSACKY ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Hiking by myself crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★
    ★ Jazz but not smooth jazz crew ★

BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BowlingWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Day 1

Took a bus from LAX to the CC bus station and paid $1!! Stealllll.
    Got to where I was staying and immediately dropped my bags, then headed over to my first place to eat: La Esquina.
    I got the Carne Asada quesadilla with sour cream, sooo good.

Next, I went over to the Park to Playa Trail in Baldwin Hills and had a fantastic hike.
    Got super high up, took some shots from below and above even though I'm terrified of heights

Finished hiking, then headed back over to Culver City and got some buffalo chicken pizza from La Rocco's Pizzeria, then some bread and a Napoleon dessert from Ugo!! Sick way to end the day.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 2 (part 1 of 5)

Started off the day with a visit to Laurent Café on Overland Ave and got the most beautiful looking omelette and potatoes I've ever had the chance of getting. I got mine with lamb sausage, spinach and goat cheese. 500/10

Not sure if it was obvious, but all of the food I got in LA, I did takeout. I usually just skated to a park nearby and ate quietly by myself under a tree, or sat on the steps of a closed-down business and listened to jazz while eating.

I took this pic in Veteran's Park, close to Sony Pictures Studios
    Here are some shots of the omelette combo.

After the omelette, I skated to La Cienega Blvd and saw EVERY art gallery in the Culver Art District. On the way there, I actually found some cool street art:

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 2 (part 2 of 5)

Now for alll of my favorite pieces of the art I saw

This line work and color scheme literally made my jaw drop. Absolutely incredible

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you should of ate at Tito's Tacos in Culver city ,but glad to hear you had a good time
    MR.PHF '09

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”- Don Quixote

''damn right I like the life I live

'Cause I went from negative to positive

And it's allGood..."

"friends come and go but enemies accumulate"

< H.T.C Till I D.I.E >
    "Zero tolerance Crew" ZERO, NADA !!!!

Day 2 (part 3 of 5)

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 2 (part 4 of 5)

Was in the mood for Jamaican food, so I went to Jerk Spot in Culver City and got a jerk chicken entrée w/plantains, beans and rice, mixed veggies and reggae bread

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 2 (part 5 of 5)

One interesting thing after this was that I went to Ralph's (basically Kroger, but it's called Ralph's) and I realized I had to pay for plastic bags. I had no idea I had to. In TN they're free.

But! I got some honeydew and went back to my place, chopped it up, then soaked it with lime juice, coated with sugar, then put it in the fridge for half an hour. I passed out, then woke up to cold, delicious fruit. Such a great idea.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 3 (1 of 2)

Ah, the infamous day three. I woke up and decided to just go to Venice Beach, just like my good homie Salem suggested. I had to! I skated about 15 minutes to a bus stop and took a bus to Venice Blvd. I was so incredibly excited once I got there.

I went to the skate park and probably skated for, no lie, four hours. It was so hype. I played three games of SKATE, won two, got skunked in one, but learned how to get my BS half cabs cleaner. No footy because I was trying to conserve battery on my phone- I still needed to get home dude!

Went to a nice spot on Venice called Bahn Mi Ba Nam and got the Classic Bahn Mi... first time trying one and I was soooo impressed. Geez. Also got loaded waffle fries with shredded chicken, carrots, green veggies and sauce.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 3 (2/2)

Walked around Venice some more and bought these sick bracelets, straight handmade from some dude in Kenya. I love them!!

That was all I ate for the day, I wasn't very hungry after, just wanted to relax. My feet were so sore from flicking and shuviting so much haha. Also I made it home just in the nick of time, super clutch!

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tell me you went to Roscoe's.....?
    OLD MOVIE CREW

Day 4 (1/2)

The LAST day, I just wanted to spend the final time I had here hiking and being outside. I skated waaaaay too much yesterday at Venice so I took it easy today and didn't practice flatground.
    I went to the Culver Overlook and got this nice view

I thought it was pretty funny they put skatestoppers so high up haha.

Also I made a challenge for myself to scale these steps to the top < 5 minutes, but they were so far apart! I mean look at this!!

I got to 5:19, close enough I guess.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 4 (2/2)

Afterwards, I went to Dave's Hot Chicken and got the spiciest option of tenders and fries, the Reaper. I had to sign a waiver before I ate it, which I thought was hilarious and when I tried it... well, I'm not sure if I have a higher heat tolerance than most people, but it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. DEFINITELY spicy, but not burning hot.

This was my face when I was trying to decide if it was actually that hot. Oh well!

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Day 4 Extras

Casually walked some more though Culver and hit a couple more spots, Potato Chips Deli and The Auld Fella, I got the pastrami sandwich with vinegar from Potato's and the Wagyu sandwich from Auld.

I rate the pastrami a 9.5/10 and the Wagyu an 8/10

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drvillain View Post
    probably too far away from OP since he was limited to a skateboard
    What a pity..

Cool report none the less OP....
    OLD MOVIE CREW

As I reflect on my trip, I realized to make the most out of any area, no matter what you hear!

The Mamas and Papas summed it up nicely.

Cheers! Thank you for reading

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) littlecaesars59 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looks like you had a good time OP, bless up

dig the pics and detailed explanation. srs

xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) xbluexhawkx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    the only people that say LA sucks are right wingers lol

literally type "LA sucks" into youtube

all that comes up are guys in MAGA hats with an American flag in the thumbnail
    Balanced Test Crew

Originally Posted by ExPatriot View Post
    Awesome report breh; glas that you had a great time!

Reps off of r/c and in for more pics / the rest of the trip...
    Hahaha thanks man!! On spread as always. Later though

Originally Posted by Mr.PissShivers View Post
    Tell me you went to Roscoe's.....?
    Ehhh, I debated it, but didn't feel like eating there

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Originally Posted by mr.left hook View Post
    you should of ate at Tito's Tacos in Culver city ,but glad to hear you had a good time
    Prices over there have skyrocketed, it's crazy!! But it was on my list, I just walked away when I saw it.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Registered User CremeFraicheBro's Avatar
    CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CremeFraicheBro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad you had a good time brah, TN crew reps too.
    ~The BRAVE Kreme De La Kareem of the Fraiche Klan, founder of the 3.50th Elite Division, called the Ph@ggot Freedom Fighters~

Femalewarriorxo is my love <3

“My garbage disposal eats better than most people”

~SS is my hater crew~

***2022 Aesthetics Crew***

Originally Posted by CremeFraicheBro View Post
    Glad you had a good time brah, TN crew reps too.
    Thank you my guy, hope I inspired someone to take a chance, or something. But if not, that's cool. Also I hate Broadway!
    TN crew though

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Muscle2021 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fuark gonna make me hungry man
    Also mirin weather/ climate
    ***NEUTRAL CREW*** ™

nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mirin.

how much did the whole trip cost?
    -MS Paint/Chop crew
    -GIF crew
    -Tradie crew
    -No mask/vaccine crew

Neg on site for reddit and tiktok threads dedsrs

Originally Posted by Muscle2021 View Post
    fuark gonna make me hungry man
    Also mirin weather/ climate
    Lol yeah dude the weather was amaaaazing. Venice was the best day, perfect amount of wind and sun. That's probably why I stayed there so long haha.

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PassiveLearner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BowlingWizard again.

Awesome thread. Great trip. When is your next escape? How is living in Tennessee?

We need more threads like this
    BORN: 6/15/2006 DIED: 5/31/2021

I'll misc you, brahs!

TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You picked a good area to board. Culver City is/used to be a skating board epicenter. I use to walk that area when I played ball. Just went from court to court, and lots of great restaurants in that area.
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew
    Pureblood Crew

Originally Posted by nickh04 View Post
    mirin.

how much did the whole trip cost?
    W/accommodation, food and travel, about $500

Saved money whenever I could, like taking the local metro instead of the city bus, getting drinks from the grocery store instead of at a restaurant (one bottle of water was like $2, but you could get 1.5L at Trader Joe's for .60), etc. A frugal dude, nonetheless!

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

Originally Posted by TaeBoNinja View Post
    You picked a good area to board. Culver City is/used to be a skating board epicenter. I use to walk that area when I played ball. Just went from court to court, and lots of great restaurants in that area.
    Tonnnnns of good restaurants!! They actually closed down a street just so people could walk across from each restaurant to the next because there's a strip of like fifteen of them side-by-side

☺ Positivity crew ☺
    ★ Soft spoken crew ★
    ★ Day by day crew ★

I can't wait for movies theaters and studio tours to open again so I can go back and theater hop and eat at my favorite places again.
    OLD MOVIE CREW