DevFootSteps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Obese Fix Undereating Nutrition + Lifting + Cycling

Hello everyone. I'm Reid, and I'm obese. Here is my specs.

Weight: 330 pounds
    Desired Weight: 200 pounds
    Height: 6 foot
    Stomach Navel Measurement: 61 inches

Wondering if you guys can provide any insight or helpful tips on my situation. I was running out of energy throughout the day requiring naps doing little to no activity. A few months ago I decided to get active and eat differently. I did keto when I was 360 pounds, was eating 1700 calories a day and lost 30 pounds in the first two months. Which has since stopped for another 3 months. I obviously did not use a calculator to figure out how much I should be eating cause at the time, I just thought less is better. I think I was eating around this much for a while before keto as well, but not healthy at all. Eating really randomly at all times of the day when I get hungry. So I'm pretty sure I have been undereating for a while.

Anyway, I starting walking for an hour a day a month ago. Last week I started doing more stuff. I bought a bike to start cycling every day. I also started lifting 3 days a week for an hour each day. I messed up, and did too much legs and couldn't walk for a week. I didn't like how much energy I had during lifting, and saw some posts about lifting being more difficult on keto. I still need naps and am always tired. I'm now just doing a normal eating plan, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually supposed to eat this much.

At a 40% body fat percentage (i'm not sure if this is right cause I don't have calipers). This free dieting calculator from the parent forum sticky says I need to eat:

Maintenance (I obviously don't want to maintain): 3384 cal / day
    Fat Loss: 2707 cal / day

So this basically says I need to eat twice the amount I have been eating. Should I just eat this amount immediately? I suspect I will gain a bunch of weight for a while, for how long I have no idea. Hard to find information on metabolic changes for obese and undereating. I already gained 5 pounds since friday when I stopped keto, I assume water weight? /shrug

With the above information, does any of this change my macro profile I need to meal prep? The macro calculator on this website (bodybuilding) doesn't include body fat %, but says I should be at 40% carbs / 40% protein / 20% fats. Is this the same for everyone, should I have a different balance if I'm obese.

Let me know if you have any information that may help me on my journey.

Thanks for your time!
    Reid

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to count every calorie and eat less to lose weight. Guessing and estimating are worthless. Diet programs like keto are a temporary fix to a long term problem. You have to permanently change your nutrition.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    You need to count every calorie and eat less to lose weight. Guessing and estimating are worthless. Diet programs like keto are a temporary fix to a long term problem. You have to permanently change your nutrition.
    So I should eat less than 1700 calories with a weight of 330 pounds?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DevFootSteps View Post
    So I should eat less than 1700 calories with a weight of 330 pounds?
    It would work - you would lose weight fast - and you can afford to lose it fast at your weight. Leaner people have to take it more slowly to avoid losing muscle, that won't be a concern for you, you are unlikely to lose muscle as long as you do a certain amount of weight training (it doesn't even need to be that much)

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It would work - you would lose weight fast - and you can afford to lose it fast at your weight. Leaner people have to take it more slowly to avoid losing muscle, that won't be a concern for you, you are unlikely to lose muscle as long as you do a certain amount of weight training (it doesn't even need to be that much)
    Thanks for the response. My main issue right now is lack of energy, which is what I'm trying to solve. I started becoming more active right, I'm trying to fix my nutrition as I suspect that's the main thing. But I guess I'll try staying at 1700 calories for a while longer, and just hope I have enough energy to keep going every day. If I didn't have enough energy before adding in fitness, I suspect I'll have even less after I start. But, that's why I'm posting.

Thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Lack of energy is somewhat expected when dieting - although you can train your body to better burn bodyfat by becoming keto adapted - but once you've done that, you don't have to keep doing a keto diet.