nanu101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Puregym staff asking to take my dumbell (right or wrong)

Hi

Seeking some advise on who right in this situation. I was using a 5kg dumbell for side lateral exercise, i had not even done one set. I was approached by a pure gym member of staff how long you got left on the dumbells as there no 5kg dumbells in the woman section. The staff told me to use a heavier weight, so she can take it. I refused and she sarcastically said thats nice of you and left. There a gym respect where if someone using a weight you need you wait for them to finish. My workout consist of doing a certain amount of repitition before i move up in weight, this is why i wanted to use it. Who is right in this situation.

Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you really need to make a thread about this?

Either way, who are they to tell you how much weight you should be lifting. The dB is occupied. They could either wait, or use a different weight.
    Burn rubber, not your soul

nanu101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kylehero View Post
    Did you really need to make a thread about this?

Either way, who are they to tell you how much weight you should be lifting. The dB is occupied. They could either wait, or use a different weight.
    I wanted to know if i was right to do so or if i was wrong before i complain about them.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nanu101 View Post
    I wanted to know if i was right to do so or if i was wrong before i complain about them.
    The bigger question was either she or the women she was training cute because if so you missed a perfect opportunity for some brownie points (not literally, that kind of 'brownie' point, as that would have been moving way too fast :-) )

Does it really matter and are you really going to complain you kept the weight so no harm done. Personally if a women asks me for something I will kindly oblige if possible as I try and be a gentlemen where I can.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Assuming you haven't been monopolizing it for an insane amount of time, and you are in fact using it properly, I'd say that you are in the right. Furthermore, you are a customer. The staff should not be harassing you. This is one reason I enjoy working out at home.

If it gets to be a routine harassment issue from that staff member and you don't want to be bothered, you could use a olympic change plate for the side laterals.

When things get unreasonable is when a hypothetical gym member starts putting towels, bags, waterbottles over all the equipment and monopolizing four machines at once, but in reality using only one or less (none), making it impossible for anyone to do anything. Often same member is using a cell phone while sitting on a machine and not actually using the machine. I've seen those scenarios happen and it is annoying for everyone.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Woman are entitled because they have a vagina . You would be found guilty in a court of law , especially if you had a female judge .
    My hats off to you though
    Make Misc great again

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    Woman are entitled because they have a vagina . You would be found guilty in a court of law , especially if you had a female judge .
    My hats off to you though
    Now that it's 2019, it's no longer PC to assume all women have a vagina.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Now that it's 2019, it's no longer PC to assume all women have a vagina.
    hence this guy hanging on to his dumbbell.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    hence this guy hanging on to his dumbbell.
    lol...

yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nanu101 View Post
    Hi

Seeking some advise on who right in this situation. I was using a 5kg dumbell for side lateral exercise, i had not even done one set. I was approached by a pure gym member of staff how long you got left on the dumbells as there no 5kg dumbells in the woman section. The staff told me to use a heavier weight, so she can take it. I refused and she sarcastically said thats nice of you and left. There a gym respect where if someone using a weight you need you wait for them to finish. My workout consist of doing a certain amount of repitition before i move up in weight, this is why i wanted to use it. Who is right in this situation.
    How long had you been "using them" before this woman asked you to put your churchbells on the shelf and turn over her dumbbells?

I ask because every gym has one or two hemorrhoids who show up toting a week's worth of luggage onto the gym floor where they set-up shop by opening the luggage and pulling out a variety of pre, intra, and post-intra drinking supplements, log book/ipad, gloves, timer, occlusion bands, and a variety of other "look at me" kick-knacks, then they collect equipment from around the gym and move it into their squatters rights territory including benches mats slam balls foam rollers a concept rower fixed barbells and a variety of dumbbells, often times they set this up inside and around a power rack. All of this equipment they will attempt to use in some fashion over the next two hours but only during the time they are not having conversations with their friends.

How long had you been "using the dumbbells" if you had not started using them yet?

When i grab a set of dumbbells off the rack i might sit with them in my hands for a minute before the first set to get mental focus. If you were being that hemorrhoid guy or were standing around with the dumbbells resting near your feet before you even did your first set while fkn around on your cell phone then that dumbbell nazi should have come by smacked the phone out of your hand and just taken the dumbbells. What were you doing if you took the dumbbells off the rack but didn't do your first rep?

I would estimate that 50% of commercial gym members are clueless on gym etiquette and overall common sense. Doesn't matter how seasoned they are I have seen it all. Inducing jack-offs who see no problem occupying three machines thinking they can superset during 6am rush hour in a gym that is elbow to elbow to begin with. When you walk in and set your phone and car keys on a bench and grab some dumbbells to "get warmed up" you are now occupying a bench you are not using and disenfranchising someone else from using that equipment. Anytime you pick up any piece of equipment or sit on any machine its use is now on borrowed time and if you are not making full use of it then you should not be occupying it. Someone else across the gym could be waiting for you to finish so they can use it so if you are occupying any equipment longer than your necessary rest between sets then you are "that guy." Of course all of this is facts and circumstance specific if its 3am with you three others in the gym then you might be able to get away with more of your @ssclown behavior. And perfume/cologne/aftershave - is NEVER EVER ok to wear. EVER. Rant off.

EDIT - If none of the above applies to you and you were not misappropriating equipment then you did the right thing good on you for standing up to Gina the gym bully. You need to follow-up with a face-to-face with the general manager and explain how you pay fees to use the facility in a non-harassing non-intimidating environment and the employee's attitude and sarcasm is not conducive to that.
    Last edited by yohahn; 12-08-2019 at 05:17 AM.

oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tell the staff to buy some more 5k dumbells if they are in demand
    I get a tax deduction just by hanging out here

More reps, no texts

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Must have been a personal trainer wanting the dumbbells for her client. Few things raise my ire than these personal trainers thinking that they and their clients are above anyone else in the gym.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why is this a thread in this section?
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep the 5kg dumbbell and buy the female patron a Peleton for Xmas if you really want to piss folks off.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||