Closed Thread
Page 143 of 333 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 9967
    WeiLiSi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeiLiSi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeiLiSi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeiLiSi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeiLiSi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today was my C1 test day and I passed on every excercise though I'm going to repeat all of the exercises because I feel my technique is lacking, my dad's friend is helping me improving them.
    On the squats I will add extra weight, they are going fine! On the bench my overall technique is pretty good but the last 2 reps were lacking.
    With the BOR I'm struggling to keep the bar perfectly straight with my body, I pull it up straight but the left side is more pointing forwards. While the SLDL went good, my body was shaking the last
    few reps so my dad's friend told me to repeat this excercise again because otherwise I will have troubles balancing my body with higher weights.
    To my big surprise I managed to complete both sets of OHP but again the last 2 reps weren't in decent form.
    This cycle I did my curls with dumbells but because I changed to my dad's friend home gym I had to do it with barbells so I failed pretty hard, need to practise my technique a lot more.

So I think it's better that I will repeat all of the excercises just to be sure. I have noticed a serious increase in my endurance(it was close to 0) so I think from now on everything will go smooth.

Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Labavo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, week five begins on December 24 for me. I can't workout on December 24 or 25. So I was thinking that I post-pone my heavy workout that should be today to tomorrow, December 18. That way, I won't have to post week five's heavy workout two days and only one, which I'll start on the 26th.

What do you guys think?

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Test DAY Results!

Test day, C2W5, just finished and... Rocked it!
    Well mostly... Happy with results and passed some I didn't think I would and was able to get within 2 reps of all. Think results are good considering that I'm cutting through this and all my sessions have been fasted. Now at all time low body weight ( 5'9"-150LBS)

squat: 145lbs (pass)
    bench: 110lbs (pass)
    row: 95lbs (fail)
    press: 75lbs (fail)
    SL dead lift: 145lbs (pass)
    curl: 70lbs (fail)
    calf press: 285 lbs (pass)

Think I will be switching over to the preferred standing upright rows... Thinking of testing my 10 rep max for it after light workout on Friday.

Originally Posted by redcaesar View Post
    Test day tomorrow of Cycle 2!
    Last edited by redcaesar; 12-17-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by frenchy72 View Post
    X2

C3 test day in the books...

Squat 140 PASS
    Bench Press 150 PASS
    Bent Ovr Row 120 PASS
    Ovrhd Bar 88 PASS
    Deadlift 135 PASS
    Standing Curls 75 PASS
    Calf Raise 150 PASS

Surprised myself this morning. Had a golf date cancel yesterday and a psycho friend suggested we ru the bridge here in Charleston. It's 5.1 over and back with a 20 story climb. The furthest I've ever gone without stopping was 2 miles but with his goading finished the whole F#@KING thing. 11 mins per mile.

Now I have to figure this weight thing out again. I've been stalled at 177 for a couple of weeks. I'm eating 2000 cals per day with 200g protein. I'm worried about upping calories but know I can't go down. I'm hoping some of this cardio will help bust through this plateau.

Any suggestions?
    Try and eat just below maintenance for a few weeks. This vid explains why.

Last edited by DeltaCharlie75; 12-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    Try and eat just below maintenance for a few weeks. This vid explains why.

Or just try intermittent fasting. I was stalling too, but IF fixed this. (srs)
    fuark

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=Seigard94;995464793]Hey amazing workout, thanks to all who designed this
    Originally Posted by Seigard94 View Post
    Hey amazing workout, thanks to all who designed this
    I got a some questions

Question 1: I have some extra fat but I am not overweight, mostly around my belly and hips/legs, Do you guys think it would be good for me to do this workout while eating less, dieting?

If you are under 15% body fat then eat at a calorie surplus.
    If you are over 18% bf then eat at a calorie deficit.

If you are somewhere between these two and have no real muscle on your frame then you are probably what is called skinny fat. There are two approaches in this situation, first being cut to less than 15% bf and then bulk and the second is lean bulk for a few months to gain muscle and speed up your metabolism and then cut, the benefit being you should lose weight faster. If you have not done so go to the nutrition forum and watch the vid by JasonDB on skinny fat.

Here is a link to help you decide approximately what range your in
    http://img.techpowerup.org/121116/bodyfat_examples.jpg

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Me too I was stalled for over a month and then switched to intermittent fasting and fat just dropping off...

Check out Lean Gains

Originally Posted by EddieFromEurope View Post
    Or just try intermittent fasting. I was stalling too, but IF fixed this. (srs)
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

Any harm to take week off between cycles?

Me too I was stalled for over a month and then switched to intermittent fasting and fat just dropping off...

Check out Lean Gains
    Read a lot of good stuff about IF and leangains. Would try it but it does not fit around my work unfortunately.

FaceP1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys while your talking about cutting diets.

I'm running AllPros C2W1. So far soo good and have been gain strength on a deficit.

Im 5'10 and 88kg. Unsure on body fat as of yet but will measure properly in the new year. The plan is to cut until i reach a good bf % (good to me at this stage is uncovering them abs).

My deficit is probably between 500-1000 per day. The last couple of days have been lower though iv made sure to get enough protein. 180 - 200g.

Q. Am i gonna lose muscle? How long should i keep on a 1000 deficit before upping intake? Or should i just keep at it til i cut to my goal?

Just trying to avoid totally under eating and ****ing myself over.

Edit: also following a 16/8 IF which is great so far. Is there any harm in throwing in the odd full day fast to speed things along or should this be avoided. Or ahouls i just stop second guessing myself and let my trainig tell me e.g. If i suddenly start getting weak as **** i know to eat more.

frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Check out Lean Gains
    Did IF/lean gains for all of November. Had just started the stall prior to ending. LG starts again in January. A couple of weeks of maintenance as suggested then back to IF ought to change something.

Can't hurt at this point.

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FaceP1989 View Post

I'm running AllPros C2W1. So far soo good and have been gain strength on a deficit.

Im 5'10 and 88kg. Unsure on body fat as of yet but will measure properly in the new year. The plan is to cut until i reach a good bf % (good to me at this stage is uncovering them abs).

My deficit is probably between 500-1000 per day. The last couple of days have been lower though iv made sure to get enough protein. 180 - 200g.

Q. Am i gonna lose muscle? How long should i keep on a 1000 deficit before upping intake? Or should i just keep at it til i cut to my goal?

Few things to keep in mind (some of them not so obvious):

1. The exact deficit you are on is not really that important. What's more important is that you monitor your weight loss rate. As long as you are losing 1% of your total body weight per week, your muscles will be fine as long as you are taking in enough protein + lifting weights. So for example if you were 250 pounds, you should make sure not to lose more than 2,5 pounds per week. If you are 170 pounds, 1,7 pound / week is the maximum. I've seen research that indicates even a 1.4%/week loss rate does not result in muscle loss, however this was conducted on professional athletes, and who knows what kind of juice those guys are on. So just in case, stay at 1% / week or lower.

If your weight loss rate goes over, increase your calories. Just make sure not to make your decision(s) based on one week of dieting only. Stay on a set deficit for 3 weeks minimum, and then average out your weight loss over that period. If it's more than 1% / week, reduce your deficit.

NOTE: the above assumes that you are above 10% bodyfat. If you are below, you'll need to reduce your weight loss rate even further. However I'm not there yet so haven't investigated the issue.

2. Something that is not mentioned on this site too often is that not all protein you eat is converted into energy; specifically, the protein that is used to rebuild your muscles - probably around 50 - 150 grams, depending on how much muscle mass you have on you and how hard you work out. So for example if your diet contains 200g protein, and you assumed that this equals 800 calories in your diet (200 x 4), you are incorrect - most likely around 80g of that (can't tell you the exact number) is being used to rebuild your muscle directly, and as far as I'm aware - this protein does not get broken down into energy by your body; the protein is basically used "as is" and shipped directly to the muscles for re-building to occur. So in this example, you'd actually be only getting energy only from around 120g of protein (which would be converted into carbohydrates in a very inefficient manner), even though you are eating 200. Which brings me to my next point...

3. one gram of protein actually isn't worth 4 calories. Four calories is what a gram of protein contains if measured using a calorimeter, however our bodies do not work like a calorimeter (as Kelei put it). The REAL energy contained in a gram of protein from our bodies perspective is still up for debate, however it is anywhere from 3.2 calories and down to... 0.32 calories.

This last point is exactly why high protein diets, on paper, seem to make people lose more fat than for example high carb diets. Here's an example of what researchers do:

1. Take one group and put it on a diet consisting of 400 grams of carbs only
    2. Take one group and put it on a diet consisting of 400 grams of protein only

The second diet always demonstrates better weight loss.

The problem here is that researchers are assuming that both carbs and protein contain 4 calories each; if that were true, then both diets would contain 1600 calories each and weight loss rates should not differ among them.

However, since protein really "contains" less than 4 calories (3.2 cals is the highest estimate I've seen, and 0.32 is the lowest), that's why the second group loses more weight - simply because they are taking in less calories than researchers are actually assuming.

I'm actually in the middle of testing out the energy value of protein on myself. I've been on a cutting diet for 26 or so weeks, and over the past 3 months I've lost consistently 1,2 pounds per week. I have though added 100g of extra protein to my diet just to see what happens - if the calorie value of protein is really 4 cals, then my weight loss rate should be reduced considerably. Consequently, if it's really anything close to the lowest educated estimate I've seen (0.32 cals per gram), then adding those 100g of protein should not make any sort of change to my weight loss rate. What this would mean is that, as long as one is cutting, they can add almost as much pure protein as they want (whey protein, tuna, lean chicken breast, shrimp) and their weight loss rate should not suffer.

This turned into something longer than I intended, but I think it's valuable info.
    Last edited by syncmaster913n; 12-17-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Originally Posted by FaceP1989 View Post

Edit: also following a 16/8 IF which is great so far. Is there any harm in throwing in the odd full day fast to speed things along or should this be avoided. Or ahouls i just stop second guessing myself and let my trainig tell me e.g. If i suddenly start getting weak as **** i know to eat more.
    A 1000 calorie deficit sounds a little bit to much unless your maintenance is around 5000 cals. Try not to work in arbitrary figures like 500 deficit but use a percentage of your maintenance. Long term cut you should not probably go above a 20% deficit of your maintenance or you will start to get negative effects.

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any harm to take week off between cycles?
    No, I took a week off between 4&5 cycles and felt great coming back after a full week off.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    The difference between SL5x5 and SBR ( stupid beginners routine? )

10 weeks on SL5x5 I go from 112.5 1RM pound squat to 195 1RM + 98.5 pound increase

10 weeks on SBR ) 2 cycles ) I go from 112.5 1RM pound squat to 135 1RM +22.5 pound increase

LOL fail is fail .

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    The difference between SL5x5 and SBR ( stupid beginners routine? )

10 weeks on SL5x5 I go from 112.5 1RM pound squat to 195 1RM + 98.5 pound increase

10 weeks on SBR ) 2 cycles ) I go from 112.5 1RM pound squat to 135 1RM +22.5 pound increase

LOL fail is fail .

I would say no offense but that would be a lie. You know absolutely nothing about weight lifting. For someone who has lifted before you move very little weight. You think 5x5 will magically get you to moving "big iron". That is wrong. 5x5's also have de-load systems in them because people stall on them as well. They actually stall way faster than on a routine like all pro's. From reading your posts I can tell you do not have the mind set of a lifter. The quote in your signature is correct. But that quote is also out of context as i doubt it refers to people starting out at weights like yours. Someone benching 315 for 5 should be squatting about 415 for 5 reps. I am pretty sure once you stall once or twice on the 5x5 you will pack up and go home. You just don't have what it takes. Maybe you should jazzercise or something.

I think you saw how popular this routine was and thought it was the key to the castle, the quick fix to looking awsome and moving those big weights. Once you saw it would take hard work and commitment you jumped ship looking for the next miracle.
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100) Grailer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Krunkz View Post
    I would say no offense but that would be a lie. You know absolutely nothing about weight lifting. For someone who has lifted before you move very little weight. You think 5x5 will magically get you to moving "big iron". That is wrong. 5x5's also have de-load systems in them because people stall on them as well. They actually stall way faster than on a routine like all pro's. From reading your posts I can tell you do not have the mind set of a lifter. The quote in your signature is correct. But that quote is also out of context as i doubt it refers to people starting out at weights like yours. Someone benching 315 for 5 should be squatting about 415 for 5 reps. I am pretty sure once you stall once or twice on the 5x5 you will pack up and go home. You just don't have what it takes. Maybe you should jazzercise or something.

I think you saw how popular this routine was and thought it was the key to the castle, the quick fix to looking awsome and moving those big weights. Once you saw it would take hard work and commitment you jumped ship looking for the next miracle.
    Of course Im lifting light , I just come off a shoulder injury that caused me on light duties for the last 6 months lol .

I saw this routine as a great body building routine , but then I realised I was not getting enough volume or moving enough weight to actually grow .

Anyways the fact you are doing this routine means you are clueless about lifting weights . Do you think any of the past or current pro bodybuilders ever started doing something as bad as this program ?

Also this site has a great record of before and after photos , you can check out the people doing 5x5 plans vs this one and clearly see the win in 5x5 vs this one .

As for you thinking I dont like hard work and commitment, this program isnt hard work , its a lazy mans program because you are never really pushing yourself to the limit , its always 10 rm pushing 8 reps , what a joke , why would my muscles want to grow fast when wouldnt even be training hard ?

My advice to you is to stop going to KFC & McDonalds , you should go to jazzercise and do ALOT of cardio and cut some damn weight instead of lifting it ,
    then come back in a year when you have finished your jenny craigs diet and do it properly .. lifting and eating properly .
    Last edited by Grailer; 12-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man, I did my first day today of cycle 1 and it didn't go as well as I had anticipated. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Squat warm ups I was supposed to do 15lbs and 35 lbs but my gym's fixed barbells only started at 25 so I did those instead and then used the 35's. Squated 70 lbs for my work set and that went well.

Bench press I warmed up with 15 lbs and then was supposed to warm up with 30 lbs but had no way to do that so I just used the bar for the second warm up. I completed my first work set of 65 lbs but was only able to do 6 on the second set and had to bail the weights. The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was warm up with a weight too close to my work set's weight or 65 lbs isn't my true 10 rep max. I did 10 reps during testing but it was pretty difficult towards the end.

BOR I was supposed to warm up with 15 lbs and 30 lbs, but yet again my gym's fixed barbells only start at 25 and 35, so I used those. A 5 lb difference on warm ups shouldn't matter too much, no? Then did 60 lbs on the Olympic bar and that was all good.

Overhead press I was set to do 30 lbs and again the only option I had was either 25 or 35 lbs on the fixed weights, so I did 25. Seemed a little too easy so hopefully that's not too low.

Deadlift I did 80 lbs and that went smoothly.

Curls I ran into the same issue with overhead press. I was set to do 30 lbs but only had the 25 or 35 lb option on the fixed weights. Chose the 25 lbs.

Calf raises I had to round down from 225 to 220 since I was using the machine. Not too big of a difference. Those were good too.

So, I guess I need to figure out what to do as far as my bench press goes and the weights on overhead press and curls. I don't think my gym has any of those smaller, lighter barbells that don't have weights fixed to them that I could load up to make 30 lbs, just ez curl bars. I could look harder next time though.

Again, any help on this would be much, much appreciated. Kind of torn on what to do.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its ok son when I surpass you in strength quickly doing 5x5 you will be sadly doing this routine ignorance is bliss
    listen "son" i had tried being nice to you. eaven made some some very nicely worded recommendations as well as offered to help you in a diferent thread.
    just so you know for your personal goal of physical fitness being based on getting stronger than me. i will let let you in on my personal lifting rutien and experiance.
    i ran this rutien (all pro beginners rutien) for four full cycles 3 at a calorie deficit. and the last at a small surplus.
    i left this rutien 40 lbs lighter and 40% stronger.
    i then started a modified 5x5 rutien on October 5th and am presently still running it at a surplus.
    you and i should become great friends grailer...
    after all we both have the same goal = get stronger than lrd3
    if you find your self in NJ fire me a pm. i would love to welcome you to lift with me...............
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good news everyone!

Cycle 4 test day yesterday and passed everything

Moving up to the following numbers:
    Squats - 187 pounds
    Bench - 121 pounds
    BOR - 110 pounds
    OHP - 77 pounds
    SLDL - 137 pounds
    Upright Rows - 77 pounds
    Calf Raise - 187 pounds

Since starting the program ive lost 17 pounds, which isnt much i guess over the period, but im fairly happy, and all my lifts have gone up a lot.

Plus Grailer is apparently leaving the thread, although for some reason he is still in here trolling.

Good day all round :P

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by steelmonkey View Post
    Good news everyone!

Cycle 4 test day yesterday and passed everything

Moving up to the following numbers:
    Squats - 187 pounds
    Bench - 121 pounds
    BOR - 110 pounds
    OHP - 77 pounds
    SLDL - 137 pounds
    Upright Rows - 77 pounds
    Calf Raise - 187 pounds

Since starting the program ive lost 17 pounds, which isnt much i guess over the period, but im fairly happy, and all my lifts have gone up a lot.

Plus Grailer is apparently leaving the thread, although for some reason he is still in here trolling.

Good day all round :P
    Nice job man. Keep it up!

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by makeitright View Post
    Man, I did my first day today of cycle 1 and it didn't go as well as I had anticipated. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Squat warm ups I was supposed to do 15lbs and 35 lbs but my gym's fixed barbells only started at 25 so I did those instead and then used the 35's. Squated 70 lbs for my work set and that went well.

Bench press I warmed up with 15 lbs and then was supposed to warm up with 30 lbs but had no way to do that so I just used the bar for the second warm up. I completed my first work set of 65 lbs but was only able to do 6 on the second set and had to bail the weights. The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was warm up with a weight too close to my work set's weight or 65 lbs isn't my true 10 rep max. I did 10 reps during testing but it was pretty difficult towards the end.

BOR I was supposed to warm up with 15 lbs and 30 lbs, but yet again my gym's fixed barbells only start at 25 and 35, so I used those. A 5 lb difference on warm ups shouldn't matter too much, no? Then did 60 lbs on the Olympic bar and that was all good.

Overhead press I was set to do 30 lbs and again the only option I had was either 25 or 35 lbs on the fixed weights, so I did 25. Seemed a little too easy so hopefully that's not too low.

Curls I ran into the same issue with overhead press. I was set to do 30 lbs but only had the 25 or 35 lb option on the fixed weights. Chose the 25 lbs.

Calf raises I had to round down from 225 to 220 since I was using the machine. Not too big of a difference. Those were good too.

So, I guess I need to figure out what to do as far as my bench press goes and the weights on overhead press and curls. I don't think my gym has any of those smaller, lighter barbells that don't have weights fixed to them that I could load up to make 30 lbs, just ez curl bars. I could look harder next time though.

Again, any help on this would be much, much appreciated. Kind of torn on what to do.
    Use an EZ curl bar. It weighs 15 lbs so load it accordingly. Your gym doesn't have dumbbells?
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    listen "son" i had tried being nice to you. eaven made some some very nicely worded recommendations as well as offered to help you in a diferent thread.
    just so you know for your personal goal of physical fitness being based on getting stronger than me. i will let let you in on my personal lifting rutien and experiance.
    i ran this rutien (all pro beginners rutien) for four full cycles 3 at a calorie deficit. and the last at a small surplus.
    i left this rutien 40 lbs lighter and 40% stronger.
    i then started a modified 5x5 rutien on October 5th and am presently still running it at a surplus.
    you and i should become great friends grailer...
    after all we both have the same goal = get stronger than lrd3
    if you find your self in NJ fire me a pm. i would love to welcome you to lift with me...............
    You guys are the best motivation ever

It will be a shame once Im banned by the rep police I won't beable to show you my improvements in the next 3 months . Oh well lol .

btw way why would you be STILL trying to lose weight at 6'2" and 180 lbs?

I started this routine with a dirty bulk eating around 3.5 to 4k cals a day and being an utter n00b to diet etc I started gaining weight faster than I expected,

So had to start carb cycling to cut fat, will try to drop down to 187 pounds then clean bulk again.

When I was 15 I was skinny 147 pounds hardgainer, ate as much as I could get my hands on and still couldnt gain weight in fact I dropped to 140 .
    But I managed to get my bench to 187 and squat over 220 . This is without any protein supplements or even a proper workout plan .
    I stopped lifting weights when I got into Muay Thai because I didnt have the energy to do both.

So I believe that at 200 pounds I can get my bench back to 187 quite quickly with a good routine and diet .
    Last edited by Grailer; 12-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stiff leg dead lifts are basically good mornings but with bar not on ur back?

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by makeitright View Post

Well, you seem to be just starting out. All of your lifts are on the low end. Just keep at it, you will increase quickly at first. Not sure why you would be doing 220 lb calf raises if you are only dead lifting 80. My personal opinion is that there is no reason to do an exercise with a weight greater than what you could dead lift off the floor and maneuver into that position. Also, if you are only pressing 65 then I can't see how you could possibly be standing up with straight posture while holding 220 lbs in front of you like that. Just seems bizzare to me to see that much poundage in comparison with your other lifts.

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course Im lifting light , I just come off a shoulder injury that caused me on light duties for the last 6 months lol .

I saw this routine as a great body building routine , but then I realised I was not getting enough volume or moving enough weight to actually grow .

Anyways the fact you are doing this routine means you are clueless about lifting weights . Do you think any of the past or current pro bodybuilders ever started doing something as bad as this program ?

Also this site has a great record of before and after photos , you can check out the people doing 5x5 plans vs this one and clearly see the win in 5x5 vs this one .

As for you thinking I dont like hard work and commitment, this program isnt hard work , its a lazy mans program because you are never really pushing yourself to the limit , its always 10 rm pushing 8 reps , what a joke , why would my muscles want to grow fast when wouldnt even be training hard ?

My advice to you is to stop going to KFC & McDonalds , you should go to jazzercise and do ALOT of cardio and cut some damn weight instead of lifting it ,
    then come back in a year when you have finished your jenny craigs diet and do it properly .. lifting and eating properly .
    Glad to see you're mad! That is something. I do cardio on tuesday and wednesday. I have cut 80 pounds since last may. Thanks for the advice though. Might be the best you have given on these boards. I have done three cycles on this routine and have made pretty good gains on a cut. Unless you think squats at 300 pounds for 8 reps is bad? Admitted my bench press is weak. I could only do 280 pounds twice.

Also, you keep mentioning body builders. You know what. F body building. Some people want to be strong, for these things called sports. Football especially. Heck, some people just want to be strong to move more weight. Which is one of my goals. Your goal seems to be a pro body builder in less than 6 months...... All i can say is good luck.
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    Well, you seem to be just starting out. All of your lifts are on the low end. Just keep at it, you will increase quickly at first. Not sure why you would be doing 220 lb calf raises if you are only dead lifting 80. My personal opinion is that there is no reason to do an exercise with a weight greater than what you could dead lift off the floor and maneuver into that position. Also, if you are only pressing 65 then I can't see how you could possibly be standing up with straight posture while holding 220 lbs in front of you like that. Just seems bizzare to me to see that much poundage in comparison with your other lifts.
    I am confused by your statement? Deadlifts and SLDLs are two very different lifts and this program calls for SLDLs. In SLDLs you are not picking up off of the floor necessarily and the weight will be much smaller than with regular deadlifts. And the calf raises may be done on a machine or if standing calf raises, the bar would be on his back and not being held in front of him. Why would he need to press the calf raise weight? I am not meaning to be mean but don't understand.

I was surprised by the heavy calf raises too but it is not out of the question.

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    I am confused by your statement? Deadlifts and SLDLs are two very different lifts and this program calls for SLDLs. In SLDLs you are not picking up off of the floor necessarily and the weight will be much smaller than with regular deadlifts. And the calf raises may be done on a machine or if standing calf raises, the bar would be on his back and not being held in front of him. Why would he need to press the calf raise weight? I am not meaning to be mean but don't understand.

I was surprised by the heavy calf raises too but it is not out of the question.
    I guess since I do a dumbbell calf raise I think about the positioning differently. Even when I used the bar I used a straight locked posture with the weight in my hands in front at the waist.

Even still, I just don't see putting 220 lb on your back when you can only back squat 65 lbs. Does not seem reasonable.

I just think about training my whole body as a single unit, not as parts. If I can dead lift it, clean it, press it over my head, and lower it onto my back, I can squat it. I am not looking to build competition physique (which I do not find attractive) or strongman type strength(which seems idiotic). Just to reach a healthy level of fitness. I don't think squatting 3 times my BOR's will hurt that goal, but I don't think it is necessary for that goal either. Perhaps my views will change as I advance, but I have a specific goal to reach doing this routine using dumbbells only.

Originally Posted by Krunkz View Post
    Glad to see you're mad! That is something. I do cardio on tuesday and wednesday. I have cut 80 pounds since last may. Thanks for the advice though. Might be the best you have given on these boards. I have done three cycles on this routine and have made pretty good gains on a cut. Unless you think squats at 300 pounds for 8 reps is bad? Admitted my bench press is weak. I could only do 280 pounds twice.

Also, you keep mentioning body builders. You know what. F body building. Some people want to be strong, for these things called sports. Football especially. Heck, some people just want to be strong to move more weight. Which is one of my goals. Your goal seems to be a pro body builder in less than 6 months...... All i can say is good luck.
    Weird that you say F bb because this is bodybuilding <-- .com site .

Funny enough what got me back into weight training was my Physio Therapist giving me strength training exercises for shoulder .
    But Im more into end goal of building muscle mass than pure strength so I know im going to eventually end up doing 8-12 rep high volume split training 6 hours a day anyways .

Weird that you say F bb because this is bodybuilding <-- .com site .
    There is no other web community with as much activity regarding weight and strength training. If I knew of a similar active community that was more general fitness and well being oriented I would be there instead. By no means is everyone on this site interested it massive physique body building or the strongman mentality.

Closed Thread
Page 143 of 333 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast