Thread: Rate my workout

cosminilie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Rate my workout

Hey, I don't know if these kinds of posts are allowed around here, so I am sorry in advance if I broke some rule.
    Anyways, I just finished a 9 week fully periodized program I made myself, and I am curious to know what people think about it. (I am about to test my 1rm this week!)
    Of course, all the criticism is for future programs I may make. The reason I posted this after finishing the program is so that people don't redirect me to other programs made by others without reading mine to begin with. Anyways, here is the program:

Week 1-3
    Day 1 and 3 (Push)
    - Flat BB Bench Press – 3x8
    - Flat DB Bench Press – 3x10
    - Incline DB Bench Press – 3x10
    - Cable Press – 3x12
    - Overhead Arm Extensions – 3x10
    - Squats – 3x8
    - Leg Extensions – 3x12
    Day 2 and 4 (Pull)
    - Lat Pulldowns – 3x10
    - Lat Pullins – 3x12
    - T-Bar Rows – 3x10
    - DB Rows – 3x12
    - EZ-Bar Curls – 3x10
    - Romanian Deadlifts – 3x10
    - Leg Curls – 3x12

Week 4-6
    Day 1 and 3 (Upper)
    - Deadlifts – 3x6
    - Lat Pulldowns – 3x8
    - DB Rows – 3x10
    - Flat BB Bench Press – 3x6
    - Incline BB Bench Press – 3x8
    - Flat DB Bench Press – 3x10
    Day 2 and 4 (Lower)
    - Squats – 3x6
    - Lunges – 3x8
    - Romanian Deadlifts – 3x8
    - Leg Curls – 3x10

Week 7-9
    Day 1
    - Flat BB Bench Press – 3x5, 1x3
    - Deadlifts – 3x3
    - Squats – 3x3
    Day 2
    - Incline BB Bench Press – 3x6
    - Deadlifts – 2x5, 1x3
    - Lat Pulldowns – 3x8
    Day 3
    - Flat DB Bench Press – 3x8
    - Leg Press – 3x8
    - Romanian Deadlifts – 3x8
    Day 4
    - Flat DB Bench Press – 3x8
    - Squats – 2x5, 1x3
    - BB Rows – 3x8

As you can see, the program is a liniar one, it has 3 phases, each being 3 weeks long, starting with low intensity/high volume, the last phase having high intensity/low volume and the second phase being somewhere in the middle. There are 4 training days each week. The program is focused around getting my bench, deadlift and squat up. An oddity you might notice is that I don't do any DLs in the first phase, and instead I just do RDLs. That's because I didn't find value in doing high volume deadlifts when the RDL was pretty much made for that. Tell me if that's good or not. Also, lat pullins (which is the term i used for one-handed lat pulldowns) and DB rows are one handed excersise, so the 3 sets you see written are on each hand.

vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000)
    It has been said, that the best program for any given person, is the program that said person believes the most in.
    If the user believes the program will provide results, then they are more likely to follow the program and work harder than they would if they don't believe in the program.

I'm curious how your progress was on this program?

How do the 4 days fall in relation to OFF days?
    2 days on, one day off, 2 on, and 2 off?

Did you always feel rested for the next session?

Are there changes that you are considering for your next cycle?
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stats? Height, weight, best lifts, years of experience?

Literally don't know if it's good or not. Looks like way too much. What type of program have you had the most success on?
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

Originally Posted by vristang View Post
    It has been said, that the best program for any given person, is the program that said person believes the most in.
    If the user believes the program will provide results, then they are more likely to follow the program and work harder than they would if they don't believe in the program.

I'm curious how your progress was on this program?

How do the 4 days fall in relation to OFF days?
    2 days on, one day off, 2 on, and 2 off?

Did you always feel rested for the next session?

Are there changes that you are considering for your next cycle?
    After testing out my max on all 3 lifts, I'd say the progress made was about what you would expect for the length of the program. I added 5 kg to my bench press, 10 kg to my squat and about 10 kg on my deadlift.

Unfortunately, due to how I wanted to manage my free time, I decided to have the 4 training days be consecutive, Tuesday to Friday, though I didn't feel particularly tired during the program and I always felt ready for the next session.

As for changes for my next cycle, I'm really not sure. All I can say for sure is that I'm going to be doing an undulating program next and see how that pans out. Perhaps I should also change the way I structure my upper body lifts, since I always have trouble advancing on these.

Originally Posted by Drew23 View Post
    Stats? Height, weight, best lifts, years of experience?

Literally don't know if it's good or not. Looks like way too much. What type of program have you had the most success on?
    You're right, I really didn't give much info for someone to properly tell me if the program was good or not. Despite what my profile may say, I am actually 16 years old, about 1.80 meters, I weight around 67 kg and I have about 1 and a half years of lifting experience. Despite having an age and experience that most people would laugh at, I have found succes with a self-made program. I'd say my lower body lifts, the squat (110 kg) and the deadlift (120 kg) are about lower intermediate for my weight, but my bench is pretty embaressing (60 kg). You said that the program is way too much, but apperently I can recover a lot faster than older folks because I'm a teenager, so I guess recovery is not that big of a problem.

Initially when I started the workout, my 1rm for squat was 100 kg, deadlift was 110 and my bench was about 55 kg. In the first 3 weeks, I used about 60% of my 1rm for working sets on squats and about 75% of my 1rm for working sets on bench press. During the second phase, 70% 1rm for squats, 80% 1rm for bench and 75% 1rm for deadlift. During the last 3 weeks, I used 80% (for 2 sets of 5) and 90% (for 1 set of 3) respectively of 1rm for squat, 80% 1rm and 90% respectively for bench and 80% and 90% respectively for my deadlift.

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At your age and size, any program you use will work if you train heavy and eat/rest properly. The best program isn't just the one you believe in, but the one you will commit to. If you can stick to this program, and make gains on it, then go for it. Always focus on good technique. If you're wondering if your technique is good, I will tell you with 99% confidence that it's not, so work on it and find someone to help you with it.

Your biggest goal should be to gain at least 25kg in body weight, all your lifts will go up.
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cosminilie View Post
    After testing out my max on all 3 lifts, I'd say the progress made was about what you would expect for the length of the program. I added 5 kg to my bench press, 10 kg to my squat and about 10 kg on my deadlift.
    Well, your lifts are fairly low. If you'd followed Fierce 5 for 9 weeks, even with a deload/reset in the middle of it, you'd have more than doubled that progression.

However, if you enjoyed the routine and feel challenged to continue ad improve, you do you. Good luck.