Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Massive changes from last time bro!

Jelly of dem upper body aestheticz
    haha thanks man. im happy with how my quads are coming along too, but fuark dem hams are small haha. oh well, plenty of time yet...

Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    Back thickness FTW! Definitely do look leaner and held on to all dat der muscle. If I was as lean as you, I wouldn't have any qualms about stripping off in the gym! ahha Looks pretty empty, though.
    thanks man! I get to have my cheat meal tonight, so it will be interesting to see how I look after carbing up and being a bit less flat. Btw it was actually surprisingly full, but the girl that took my pics is very attractive and a trainer there and one of her friends, a top sports model, was watching as well haha. So I was able to feel fine about stripping down given the company I was in

Speaking of tonight, I will post a bit about myself as well as a writeup of todays workout (back and tris). I'll be all carbed up so I will have some energy with which I'm looking forward to letting you guys find out a bit more about me
    "Dont rush to get grown, drive slow homie"

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jiveinhere View Post
    haha thanks man. im happy with how my quads are coming along too, but fuark dem hams are small haha. oh well, plenty of time yet...
    Will swap for chest size.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    looking aesthetic as phuck! great physique man and awesome size for you age wowa we wah !
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will swap for chest size.

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa63/kylewebber/Progress/DSCN2001-1.jpg[IMG]
    in lol.

my chest grows so quick, but its pretty flat atm from lack of carbs. Might take some pics tomorrow after carbing up tonight (if i get it right and am not bloated haha)

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    looking aesthetic as phuck! great physique man and awesome size for you age wowa we wah !
    haha thanks man

Back and Tris

Another early morning today, up at 5.30 for coaching and then uni from 9, although it was meant to go till 2, we decided to skip some lectures and go to the gym instead haha. It was pretty easy to fit the meals in with this day, given I only went to one tute at 9, and spent the rest of the day training, or hanging at my mates place soaking up this peculiar July warmth... 24 degrees and clear blue skies Anyway.... the workout:

Back

3 x Bodyweight Pullups (wide grip) to Failure - 60 seconds rest

3 x Isolateral Hammer Row

3 x Cable Row

3 x Underhand Row Machine

This was a sick workout. With the sun shining outside and the gym just having a really good vibe about it, me and Nick (the aforementioned training partner that wasnt Ben lol) went all out on back. Every set was intense and it was great to be able to have a really full on workout, but also have such a positive vibe to it. Makes for a pleasant change from the rest of the grueling nature of contest prep... But yeah, once again we focused on really stretching out our lats and then squeezing back all the way, ensuring that the negative was controlled. The underhand row machine gave me an unreal pump as I squeezed the shiit out of every rep, and made the negative slow as fuark

Triceps

3 x Barbell Skullcrushers

3 x Bodyweight Dips to Failure - 60 seconds rest

This is another case of the writeup being misleading lol. I guess theres something Dorian-esque about these high intensity, low set number workouts... or maybe thats just me wanting to sound cool Either way, this was full-on as hell. I got a PB on the barbell skullcrushers using 50kg (110lb) and getting 10-12 reps out for the last 2 sets. Wooo!! Nick had some issues with a previous elbow injury, but like a soldier he powered on, not wanting to hinder the workout. Proud of him for that. Next was the bodyweight dips... slow and controlled. Form was so fuking tight, I was stoked haha, and with only 60 seconds of rest, I was struggling. Nick got me to do some forced reps for the last few, causing my arms to feel like exploding haha. But luckily... we were done haha

After the workout, we bumped into a few friends of mine, and after Nick had left, I went to ones joint to chill for the arvo. Taking full advantage of the weather, I got my tan on (causing one dude who was chilling with us to mire my physique lol).

So I thought I'd take a moment to tell you a little about me I turned 18 in January, and live in Sydney. I'm currently studying Exercise Physiology at UNSW (University of New South Wales) and am absolutely loving it. The course is great and I really enjoy hanging out with the people in the course (Ben and Nick are 2 such people), which makes uni great fun. I work at my old high school coaching soccer 3 days a week, and cross country 1 day a week (I just go on a 1/1.5 run with some of the boys for that), even though I'm not very good at either lol. My good friend, Ben G (different Ben lol), is also coaching me for this years prep. He's controlling my diet and split at the moment, and teaching me how to pose. I can't thank him enough for the time and effort he's put in for me, and I dont know how far I'd have come without him. Anyway, thats the main shiit out of the way, just thought it would interest anyone that is following to know who this stranger is

I've spent the last few days thinking about how good tonight's cheat meal is going to taste, so I cant wait. If i get it right, I should be leaner and fuller tomorrow. If not, I might be a tad bloated, but nothing substantial. Either way, I'm phucking wrecked and enjoying just hanging out at home!!

Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You forgot to mention that Kyle guy you know, who's one badass midget motherfukker.

Srsly though, workout sounded sick man! Just curious, any reason you don't do deadlifts/rack pulls? Oh and that underhand row machine...is that the seated chest supported thing at Anytime Fitness? If so, that thing is freakin' incredible. I feel like such a woman when I use it, but it's seriously the best thing to get a sick pump in your lats!

Keep pushing hard bro, enjoy your cheat!

You forgot to mention that Kyle guy you know, who's one badass midget motherfukker.

Srsly though, workout sounded sick man! Just curious, any reason you don't do deadlifts/rack pulls? Oh and that underhand row machine...is that the seated chest supported thing at Anytime Fitness? If so, that thing is freakin' incredible. I feel like such a woman when I use it, but it's seriously the best thing to get a sick pump in your lats!

Keep pushing hard bro, enjoy your cheat!
    Oh shiit haha sorry man. Yeah this Kyle guy i know.... professional mad dog

And yeah thats exactly it bro! I used it when I trained with Ben G a few months ago and hated it, but have since fallen deeply in love with it In regards to the deads/rack-pulls, there is actually no specific reason, although the absence of them is a very recent thing. My split changed literally the day I started this thread, and until then I'd been doing heavy low rep deads. My PB was 165kg x 3. But yeah, I guess one possibility is theres a high risk of injury (I hate when people say this, but I think it applies lol) and being so carb depleted, I'm happy to just use rowing movements to try and maintain that lower/middle back thickness. The thing I need to work on after this show is width!!

I've gotta say man, dieting down makes you highlight your weak points straight away haha. I have a to-do list as soon as the show is over and I'm bulking again

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how was the cheat meal mang what was it ?

with the deads imo you should keep them in just be very carefull what ever builds muscle best will maintain muscle best i asked the boss as i was worried about squats and deads to
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

how was the cheat meal mang what was it ?

with the deads imo you should keep them in just be very carefull what ever builds muscle best will maintain muscle best i asked the boss as i was worried about squats and deads to
    Thanks man, but yeah I have a good friend who's prepping me this year and he's in control of my diet and routine, and in the current split we're not doing it. I'm gonna respect his judgement as he's putting in the time and effort for me, so I'm gonna cheat on it

And for the cheat I had lots of gluten free pizza and a protein bar. Someone suggested staying gluten free on cheat meals so I've been aiming to do that so far this prep. Btw that protein bar was the tastiest thing I've ever eaten in my life.... creamy vanilla and caramel and peanuts, omfg lol.

Quads and Calves

Aight so this was a pretty different workout. The tone and dynamic were much different to last week, no Ben just Nick, the gym was much less packed and I was feeling a lot better/less carb depleted than last week. I had a pretty solid day at uni (9-4 no breaks!!) and had spent the day sneaking in meals, chilling with friends and hitting on birds haha. So I decided to try Kyle's low rest break style of training, intent on a huge workout...

Quads

3 x Leg Extension superset Smith Machine Squat

3 x Leg Press

With the fast turnover rate between sets and only 2 of us rather than 3, this workout was a lot faster, but still maintained the same intensity. I really enjoyed the superset as I was able to really push myself on both parts. The leg extensions were agonising and had me writhing in pain as I hobbled over to the Smith and drilled out my squats, which I've come to like a bit more. There's no better way to finish your final set of an exercise than to collapse on the ground Next was Leg Press, and with a dude squatting 220kg next to me I was feeling pretty motivated. Nick had eaten a kebab for lunch lol, and it made his stomach feel a bit queezy. He didnt think it would be wise to keep going, so he dedicated his efforts to making sure my workout was intense! I smashed out the sets with hardly any rest time. With my legs shaking on the last few reps, I finished the final set, but my last rep wasnt deep enough. So about 10 seconds after Id racked it up, I pulled my legs up and drilled out 5 more reps (initially it was gonna be 3, but Nick insisted on 5 haha). At this point, I was fuked.

Calves

3 x Leg Press Calf Extension

2 x Bodyweight Calf Raises - 100 reps

Nothing particularly noteworthy, although being a sufferer of shiithouse calves my entire life, it feels pretty good to have friends commenting about them getting bigger and more ripped now that it's shorts weather again lol. I had a girl I'm really close with speechless as I walked up a set of stairs in front of her because they were "so ripped" lmao. To be fair, she knows all about how small my calves are genetically. So while I still dont boast a great set of lower legs... they are definitely improving

Tomorrow me and Ben will be training topless and taking a couple of cheeky shots in the gym. Will have them up tomorrow night hopefully for ya'll!!

bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fuk yeah brah cant wait for this.. we have been getting ready for a few weeks now. tomorrows session is going to be intense

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    solid bro! I did legs today too so I can feel some of your pain.

and that protein bar.....amazing right?!?!

Thanks man, but yeah I have a good friend who's prepping me this year and he's in control of my diet and routine, and in the current split we're not doing it. I'm gonna respect his judgement as he's putting in the time and effort for me, so I'm gonna cheat on it

And for the cheat I had lots of gluten free pizza and a protein bar. Someone suggested staying gluten free on cheat meals so I've been aiming to do that so far this prep. Btw that protein bar was the tastiest thing I've ever eaten in my life.... creamy vanilla and caramel and peanuts, omfg lol.
    no prob man yeh if he has you on a set thing follow it to a T . dam pizza fml ! love that sh!t large 4 quarters ........ btw what protein bar was it ?
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

no prob man yeh if he has you on a set thing follow it to a T . dam pizza fml ! love that sh!t large 4 quarters ........ btw what protein bar was it ?
    i dont actually know the brand lol, i forgot. brosevski?

Alright guys.... more n00dz!! (last for a while)

and a cheeky video lol

bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Titan - Vanilla Caramel Nut

Can't believe you're taking topless pics in the middle of the gym bro lol I don't even look like I lift when I'm training now...I went from wearing tiny muscle tops and short shorts to the baggiest trackies possible and XXL supplement shirts that I get sent to me for free. Just helps me keep my ego in check and reminds me that I'm there to improve instead of show off, whereas before I'd be constantly flexing in a mirror lol to each their own I guess!

Vanilla Titan bars are freakin' legit. I just received an order for 8 boxes of them on Thursday...they taunt me so badly just sitting on the shelf haha.

Can't believe you're taking topless pics in the middle of the gym bro lol I don't even look like I lift when I'm training now...I went from wearing tiny muscle tops and short shorts to the baggiest trackies possible and XXL supplement shirts that I get sent to me for free. Just helps me keep my ego in check and reminds me that I'm there to improve instead of show off, whereas before I'd be constantly flexing in a mirror lol to each their own I guess!

Vanilla Titan bars are freakin' legit. I just received an order for 8 boxes of them on Thursday...they taunt me so badly just sitting on the shelf haha.
    lol we dont do that normally!! me and ben just decided that it would be good fun to do once I feel you though, and Ben can testify this... unless im at the gym, i basically just wear my XL Animal Pak hoodie. But yeah, as far as most sessions go, we are there to train, and dont fuk around. This was only one exercise out of a whole workout we thought it would be fun to do it, the rest of the session was full on as usual. Plus, given I know all the trainers and the owner really well, they didnt mind.

lol we dont do that normally!! me and ben just decided that it would be good fun to do once I feel you though, and Ben can testify this... unless im at the gym, i basically just wear my XL Animal Pak hoodie. But yeah, as far as most sessions go, we are there to train, and dont fuk around. This was only one exercise out of a whole workout we thought it would be fun to do it, the rest of the session was full on as usual. Plus, given I know all the trainers and the owner really well, they didnt mind.
    Haha all good bro! Yeah that's the cool thing about Anytime Fitness, all the staff and trainers there are really nice and social. There's only one trainer that I don't like, and that's because she's one of those "I did a 16 week course to get my PT cert and now I think I'm a genius" types. All the other guys rip on her anyway though so its all good lol

Haha all good bro! Yeah that's the cool thing about Anytime Fitness, all the staff and trainers there are really nice and social. There's only one trainer that I don't like, and that's because she's one of those "I did a 16 week course to get my PT cert and now I think I'm a genius" types. All the other guys rip on her anyway though so its all good lol
    lol I thought I'd totally lost your respect! Just having some fun ey, cause so far, my improving physique is the only fun thing about this contest prep haha. Having said that the temptation of cheating comes no where near the determination I have to stay focused. Sure I'll do something cheeky and act like a wanker, but its certainly not getting my way, and in fact it probs helps to keep my head in check. I missed my mates 19th last night and instead went to bed at 11, after spending a quiet evening at another friends house. I think I'd go crazy if I didnt have a bit of fun once in a while, and the gym is where I get my kicks man. Ive taken drugs, had sex, been trashed, partied hard.... but nothing comes close to the euphoria I feel in the gym. That's why I love this lifestyle, and thats why I wanted to do something like this, as much of a tool as it might make me seem, this was like a cheat meal for my head hahaha

Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000) Brosevski is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol I thought I'd totally lost your respect! Just having some fun ey, cause so far, my improving physique is the only fun thing about this contest prep haha. Having said that the temptation of cheating comes no where near the determination I have to stay focused. Sure I'll do something cheeky and act like a wanker, but its certainly not getting my way, and in fact it probs helps to keep my head in check. I missed my mates 19th last night and instead went to bed at 11, after spending a quiet evening at another friends house. I think I'd go crazy if I didnt have a bit of fun once in a while, and the gym is where I get my kicks man. Ive taken drugs, had sex, been trashed, partied hard.... but nothing comes close to the euphoria I feel in the gym. That's why I love this lifestyle, and thats why I wanted to do something like this, as much of a tool as it might make me seem, this was like a cheat meal for my head hahaha
    this. Wow.

Delts and Abs

After a solid 30 mins of posing, Ben G showed me the pics he had taken during the last round of mandatories. I was very pleased with how I was looking, especially when compared with the pics we took 20 weeks out! Its funny how much bigger you look when youre leaner, even though I'm about 8kgs lighter!! This motivated me to do a huge session....

Delts

4 x Seated Shoulder Press Machine (sitting backwards)

3 x Wide Grip Cable Rows

3 x Seated Lateral, Front and Overhead

This was intensity!! To the point where I went to take a drink at the end and spilled Xtend down my front because I couldnt get my arms up high enough lol! Ben G makes me do the seated shoulder press machine facing backwards, so I look like a total goob. However, I take solace in the fact I can now say one of my exercises is the Reverse Cowgirl haha. The wide grip cable rows are done for rear delts, and to be frank, at first I hated it. It took about 2 sessions before I really got the hang of it, and now I love it!! lol, then came the 3-way. (A lot of sexual connotations in my delts workout :P). This is a superset of seated lateral raises, front raises and overhead presses. To try to describe the pump it gives you in words would be insufficient... That shiit is mindblowing. Anyway, time for some abs...

Abs

3 x Ab Machine

3 x Captains Chair (with twist)

This was a pretty stock standard ab workout. Did everything with pretty minimal rest, cause well, its abs. I dont stress too much about them lol, just getting leaner is doing me wonders for the washboard

Today I'm feeling really good! Just one of those days I guess Cardio has been upped to 5 x 40 min sessions at low-moderate intensity, so that will be an added challenge, I just need an iPod!!

I'm cooking 2.5kgs of chicken as we speak, and then some sweet potato. Making the most of my lazy sunday nights haha

Oh and Kyle, the D-fine 8 is freaking solid, defs stock it

as if you do, i see you parading around in singlets, extra tight jeans and 'manbag' all day. when you do abs you lift up your singlet and watch yourself in the mirror.. dont even get me started on when you start doing incline situps whilst doing wrist curls.*

Originally Posted by bigben1990 View Post
    as if you do, i see you parading around in singlets, extra tight jeans and 'manbag' all day. when you do abs you lift up your singlet and watch yourself in the mirror.. dont even get me started on when you start doing incline situps whilst doing wrist curls.*

*twiddles thumbs whilst waiting for next update*

just a sidenote, ben you are a phucking tank!

Hams & Traps

Today was just an awesome day in general Felt fantastic all day, hardly any hunger, and just enjoyed all facets of the day. Wooo! I had 2 Exercise Science labs in a row, in both of which I had to take my shirt off, as did Ben in one haha. We had mirers for sure, except one girl who paid out my calves!!! I was literally irate haha, I tried to explain to her at least they were shredded, but she wouldnt have a bar of it. Oh well, haters gon hate lol. I think another factor in the awesomeness of today was the fact I took a cooler bag and all my meals were much fresher than usual, defs doing that from now on! Anyway, after 4 hours of uni and 2 hours of soccer coaching.... it was time for the gym.

Hams

3 x Elevated Leg Curls

4 x Stiff Legged Deadlift

3 x Seated Hammy Curl

This was, without doubt, the biggest hams session I've ever done!! I was literally in agony, and couldnt even bend down to pick up my drink bottle. The gym was crazy packed, FULL of people, busiest I've ever seen. But that really challenged my focus, and I successfully managed to shut them all out and smash out a crazy sesh. The elevated leg curls gave me an initial pump that was pretty fecking intense. Without any olympic bars free, I was forced to use an EZ bar for stiff legs!! This wasnt actually a problem at all and I still managed to tear the f.ck out of my hams But when I hobbled over to the seated curls, shiit got real... The first 2 sets were heavy, with low reps. They were hard as f.ck after the stiff legs, but then the 3rd set..... FUK!! I did a rep out set, aiming to hit 30 reps with 60% of the weight from the previous sets. I got to 30 and remembered Kyles post about hitting 51 on leg press "widowmaker"... so I decided, 30 would become 50. I drilled out the last 10 in absolute agony, then thought to myself, "f.ck it, if Kyles doing 51, Im doing 52!" Now as good as it felt to hit 52, after initially aiming for 30.... I was dead. Like dead at the end of this haha. I was walking by sliding my feet along the ground because I couldnt muster the strength to get them off the ground lol.... But then I realised I still had to do traps!

Traps

3 x Hexagonal Bar Shrugs

This was a pretty decent pump. Ive explained before why I dont hit traps too hard, but yeah, still doing them a bit

After this, I rested for about 20 mins, having my protein shake and talking to the girls then I pumped out 40 mins of f.cking solid ass cardio!! I've discovered the trick for cardio..... REGGAE!! I'll post the track I was listening to when I realised how good reggae is for cardio lol

Last edited by jiveinhere; 08-08-2011 at 04:18 AM.

strong workout + strong song ahaha

Originally Posted by Brosevski View Post
    strong workout + strong song ahaha
    haha im telling you bro, thats the key to cardio.... reggae

ok, so I'm pretty bored... cbf doing uni work lol. So I decided to give ya'll a leg update! The quality is pretty shiitty, but if you look carefully you can see that I actually have a bit of feathering on my lateralis Its much more obvious irl. I feel like I'm on track, and am anticipating some more detailed separation, and glutes to tighten up even more (I'm happy with where they are atm) in the next 5 weeks or so. Everything will look even better with a tan too!! If only I had hamstrings!!! :'(