Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It's Time to go APE! ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION's Avatar
    ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation *ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION-NEW Beta-Alanine, creatine comparison article in MD!!

I just received my electronic version of Muscular Development(Nov pg190) and saw another one of our beta-alanine articles published. They actually forgot my name on the article this time, as Anssi and I collaborated on this write-up..lol But none the less, I wrote the beta-alanine section and Anssi wrote the leucine section.

This article is a head on comparison with creatine, showing their similarities and differences. As you all know, beta-alanine consistently gets touted as the next creatine for obvious reasons.

The point of this article was to show why it is often touted this way, but at the same time, also explain how this statement can be misleading if the details are not fully understood. Hopefully the intention of this article is understood and the reader realizes that beta-alanine DOES NOT replace creatine. At the same time getting the point across, that they do share many parallels, which brings about the comparison.

You all know I love beta-alanine, but I also have huge respect for creatine and do not want beta-alanine to be known as a replacement to creatine. Not only would it be inaccurate to market beta-alanine this way, it could also stop people from properly understanding how beta-alanine works and how different it is from creatine!

Creatine is one of my all time favorite supplements and NOTHING can ever replace it. I believe both creatine and beta-alanine to be the two most effective ergogenic aids in sports nutrition by FAR.

IntraXCell-FAQ-THE DEFINITIVE Beta-Alanine thread-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=890283

SteelEdge FAQ- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=894085

Our product summary review thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...edge+nutrition

Beta-Alanine(IntraXCell) study- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2940681

IntraXCell sport supplement product review in Muscular Development- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1006794

Our beta-alanine article- science meets real world results, in Muscular Development- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2524381

Aspiring Strongman IntraXCell/SteelEdge with video.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJbzyUL8xos

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION interviews OLYMPIC hopeful Michael James!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=940107

Thank you for your support and we have another VERY different article that should be out in MD next month!
    Last edited by Athletic Edge N; 09-27-2007 at 12:10 PM.
    Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Follow us on ********: www.********.com/AthleticEdgeNutrition?ref=ts&fref=ts

INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on another article! i will definitely give it a read...

I saw NEW and thought this was the new product thread though

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by INGENIUM View Post

Yes, he's at it again

Patience is a virtue....it's WELL worth it trust me
    “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

~-~-~The Brain Bulwark~-~-~
    www.masterminds.thebrainbulwark.com
    Free E-Book for 5 ways to improve your cognition and mental abilities.

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks, I think we have had ATLEAST one article a month in MD for quite some time now! Hopefully the mainstream is starting to pick up on how great beta-alanine really is. I know the industry surely is..lol

Yeah, I wish it was the NEW product thread as well, as we are all chomping at the bit. Let me just put it to you this way, I'm VERY glad I didn't give an announcement date.lol

Never the less, it is still VERY close to being released!!

I will be interested on your thoughts on this article INGENIUM, so shoot me a PM ect after you read it.
    Who we are and what we stand for as a company:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplement-company-of-the-month-athletic-edge.html?searchterm=athletic

Our latest pre-workout article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/two-steps-to-kill-workout-fatigue.html

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another great article Sebastian. Agree with you too about the Creatine and BA being two most effective ergogenic aids in sports nutrition by FAR.

These will give good consistant results for years to come as Creatine has already shown to do.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Very nyce
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Wink

Originally Posted by Mickfootie View Post
    Another great article Sebastian. Agree with you too about the Creatine and BA being two most effective ergogenic aids in sports nutrition by FAR.

These will give good consistant results for years to come as Creatine has already shown to do.
    Thanks Mick

I wanted this article to keep things in perspective between beta-alanine and creatine, as beta-alanine is quickly increasing in popularity.

1. Why all the sudden love from AEN towards creatine?
    2. Does this mean AEN is coming out with some sort of beta-alanine/creatine product??
    3. And why is AEN having a conversation with himself
    4.And why is AEN referring to himself in third person, that is always so damn annoying...

Actually we have always tried from the beginning to make a clear distinction between the two and creatine has always been my second favorite supplement, so nothing new here.
    Last edited by Athletic Edge N; 09-27-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron.Addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats on another article Sebastian and the continous exposure AEN is deserving and receiving.

Originally Posted by Iron.Addict View Post
    Congrats on another article Sebastian and the continous exposure AEN is deserving and receiving.
    Thank you kindly sir, we have been working our butts off for quite some time now, so it's always nice to get some recognition!

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nudez or negz. I mean, tell us about the new product or negz
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much reading are you going to make me do Seb!!
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Nudez or negz. I mean, tell us about the new product or negz
    How about nudes of the new product.

Here's my first and only clue on the new product. Remove the label from SteelEdge and you have the nude of the new product.

Originally Posted by Sapper564 View Post
    How much reading are you going to make me do Seb!!
    The beta-alanine section is only one page, don't worry sapper!

I didn't even know that article was going to get published..lol

This one and the preWO article in this months issue of Fitness RX, were both a surprise to me.

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Athletic Edge N View Post

Here's my first and only clue on the new product. Remove the label from SteelEdge and you have the nude of the new product.

This one and the preWO article in this months issue of Fitness RX, were both a surprise to me.

Hmmm..bigger sized bottle eh?... Sounds like a powder to me

Good thing the article is only one page, I only have a month to read until your next article will come out

Fitness RX..hmmm not my mag of choice but it is all good, more exposure is always good.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Hmmm..bigger sized bottle eh?... Sounds like a powder to me

Good thing the article is only one page, I only have a month to read until your next article will come out

Fitness RX..hmmm not my mag of choice but it is all good, more exposure is always good.
    Or caps, family value size!

FRX, is actually a very good mag, great articles and not to heavy on the ads. It certainly doesn't have that hard core apeal. But for exercise enthusiasts who are not really into the sport of bodybuilding and just want up to date training/nutrition articles, it's probably the best out there.

For sheer entertainment, bb coverage and tons of great articles, MD is tough to beat though.

I'm also a big fan of MuscleMag and enjoy REPS as well

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Negged.

Shouldn't they tell you when they publish your work? lol
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

Or caps, family value size!

FRX, is actually a very good mag, great articles and not to heavy on the ads. It certainly doesn't have that hard core apeal. But for exercise enthusiasts who are not really into the sport of bodybuilding and just want up to date training/nutrition articles, it's probably the best out there.

For sheer entertainment, bb coverage and tons of great articles, MD is tough to beat though.

I'm also a big fan of MuscleMag and enjoy REPS as well

POWDER FTW...

I am subd to REPS

I havent seen fitness RX for awhile...Maybe I will look into again.

I agree with MD and MM
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Negged.

Shouldn't they tell you when they publish your work? lol
    We have done so many articles in MD at this point and they are consistantly getting submitted, that you don't always know which issue what article comes out in..lol

No big deal though, as long as they get published I am happy.

POWDER FTW...

I am subd to REPS

I havent seen fitness RX for awhile...Maybe I will look into again.

I agree with MD and MM

Yeah, check it out Sapper, it's a sweet mag. Very clean layout with, great pics and training/supplement articles. Same owners as MD of course

Yeah, check it out Sapper, it's a sweet mag. Very clean layout with, great pics and training/supplement articles. Same owners as MD of course
    lol..of course

I am a unofficial MD MAG rep..
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol..of course

I am a unofficial MD MAG rep..
    LOL
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000) HalleluYAH is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats on another article!(

Nice Work AEN!
    Psalms 51:10-13

Talking

Originally Posted by HalleluYAH View Post

Nice Work AEN!
    Great to see you Hal, hope you're doing well!

Sebastian

Question

Thanks Mick

I wanted this article to keep things in perspective between beta-alanine and creatine, as beta-alanine is quickly increasing in popularity.

2. Does this mean AEN is coming out with some sort of beta-alanine/creatine product??
    4.And why is AEN referring to himself in third person, that is always so damn annoying...

Actually we have always tried from the beginning to make a clear distinction between the two and creatine has always been my second favorite supplement, so nothing new here.
    ^^^

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks Mick

4.And why is AEN referring to himself in third person, that is always so damn annoying.

Answers to your questions -

1) Because IXL works very well with Creatine.
    2) No. As this would distract from IXL.
    3) Because he is 'CRAZY'
    4) No Idea.........
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

Originally Posted by Mickfootie View Post

Answers to your questions -

1) Because IXL works very well with Creatine.
    2) No. As this would distract from IXL.
    3) Because he is 'CRAZY'
    4) No Idea.........
    I believe that question 3 and 4 are because he is CRAZY
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While I really liked MAN Orotine a lot when I was dosing it regularly, in the current application I'm using it in, which is combined with whey for a PWO shake, I like it considerably better here. Even on a reduced calorie/cutting diet, the recovery is phenomenal, at least on par with the higher end supplements out there. I believe the reason for that is my continued use of IntraXCell, which was not the case the first time I ran Orotine. Beta-alanine and creatine are a very potent combination, though I also believe timing is somewhat important.

At the moment, I'm taking IXL first thing in the morning and then first thing as soon as I get home. The Orotine I'm taking PWO, which seems to vastly increase the uptake...I'm debating further experimentation with this, but for a couple issues. First, I'm almost out of Orotine, second, I'm holding far too much water than I'm really finding comfortable, though less than when I was also on Melting Point...if I ever do a bulk again, bet your ass I run this combo, though...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    While I really liked MAN Orotine a lot when I was dosing it regularly, in the current application I'm using it in, which is combined with whey for a PWO shake, I like it considerably better here. Even on a reduced calorie/cutting diet, the recovery is phenomenal, at least on par with the higher end supplements out there. I believe the reason for that is my continued use of IntraXCell, which was not the case the first time I ran Orotine. Beta-alanine and creatine are a very potent combination, though I also believe timing is somewhat important.

At the moment, I'm taking IXL first thing in the morning and then first thing as soon as I get home. The Orotine I'm taking PWO, which seems to vastly increase the uptake...I'm debating further experimentation with this, but for a couple issues. First, I'm almost out of Orotine, second, I'm holding far too much water than I'm really finding comfortable, though less than when I was also on Melting Point...if I ever do a bulk again, bet your ass I run this combo, though...
    Great post. You are absolutely right on taking creatine postWO. There's are some cool creatine postWo studies, showing that an exercised muscle group increases creatine uptake to a greater extent then the non exercised muscle group. They often use one legged leg extensions and then take biopsies of both legs to measure muscle creatine levels. I always thought this site specific absorption effect was very cool.

We will likely see a similar site specific increase in beta-alanine uptake if the same studies were done with ba....

NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    See this is what happens...the less I am around the more Seb has to work. It makes him stay on his toes

Thumbs down Slacker!!!

Originally Posted by NKWulf View Post
    See this is what happens...the less I am around the more Seb has to work. It makes him stay on his toes
    Get back to work wulf!