Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As a natural should one cut on high carbs low fat or low carb high fat?
    What is the point of having a prep coach if you are as knowledgeable as yourself?
    How long do you cut for?
    Do you eventually plan on competing in the open?

ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamantiumYoke View Post
    Heya Chris, I just wanna know
    If a mixture of potassium citrate and magnesium citrate in the form of syrup can be used as electrolyte supplement if I feel like my intake is not optimal. About 5 - 10 ml a day.
    This is the profile

Noculi-B6
    Potassium citrate 1100 mg,
    magnesium citrate 375 mg,
    pyridoxine hydrochloride 20
    mg/5 mL.

Thanks
    To be honest if your diet is rich in variety and contains potatoes, fruits, veges, and nuts I would not worry about that in the off season. Now if you are going to take it. I would only do 3-5ml with food once per day. Keep in mind that mag citrate is what is used to have a laxative effect in larger amounts. Mag oxide is better form.

ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alex070707 View Post
    What is the point of having a prep coach if you are as knowledgeable as yourself?
    How long do you cut for?
    1) There are too many factors to be able to answer that. I do not know your metabolism, body type, weight, height, body fat levels. It is all really determined on what you were doing to build the muscle. In the offseason. When cutting starts you base on your change on a weekly basis.
    2) In my opinion everyone needs a prep coach or a trustful outside eye. When you diet we become narcotic and do not see ourselves how we actually are. I have prepped myself on a number of occasions but did have an outside eye to help me see my progress. Being stress free is important for prep. Having someone in your corner you trust helps that stress.
    3) I generally prep for 16-18 weeks. Slow and steady.

Originally Posted by alex070707 View Post
    How long do you cut for?
    Also we always want to keep learning. The 2nd we come complacent or we think we know everything is when we lose and fall behind in times. I am constantly learning from my preps, my client preps, and Chris Aceto!

Quantum Tunnel Mafia AdamantiumYoke's Avatar
    AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisTuttle View Post
    To be honest if your diet is rich in variety and contains potatoes, fruits, veges, and nuts I would not worry about that in the off season. Now if you are going to take it. I would only do 3-5ml with food once per day. Keep in mind that mag citrate is what is used to have a laxative effect in larger amounts. Mag oxide is better form.
    Thanks Chris.
    Just one more question...
    We are usually told to do cardio first thing on the morning (with just protein or amino acids taken). But Leucine raises the insulin levels right ? and insulin hinders the fatloss . So what to do about morning cardio ? take whey/aminos ? or not

and about post-workout cardio- Do I jump straight to cardio ( low intensity) or can I complete the weight-lifting session... take some protein/creatine and then proceed to cardio ? Which is more optimal?

I appreciate you taking time and sharing your knowledge
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way
    Chase failure to achieve success
    Team Yates/Cutler/Winklaar
    "Moderation in bodybuilding is a vice."

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You may have to cycle the carbs. 3 days carbs around 300-400 and bring them back down to 200 for 4-5 days. How many grams of protein and fat are you taking in? Remember when you are low carb and introduce a larger amount of carbs your body will have a slight rebound with water which may appear as fat. After a few days it should level off though. I mean you could also get progressive and do 200 for a week, 250 for a week, 300 for a week, and then re-assess. What is your weight and height? Cardio at all?
    Thanks for responding Chris.

I am 6'3", 230lbs and currently trying to cut, as my last attempt at introducing carbs got me far too soft. Right now I'm at 200 C / 300 P / 50 F. I'm training with weights at least 6 times a week, cardio the same frequency - each session is done with intervals, lasting around 20 min.
    Team General Mills

Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Getting my learning pants on. Thanks for taking the time to reply to everyone, Chris.
    4% shredded with striated!

~Blocky Waist Crew~

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you guys want to get to know Chris a little better we have a video series about him call "The Tuttle Diaries"

Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Thanks Chris.
    Just one more question...
    We are usually told to do cardio first thing on the morning (with just protein or amino acids taken). But Leucine raises the insulin levels right ? and insulin hinders the fatloss . So what to do about morning cardio ? take whey/aminos ? or not

and about post-workout cardio- Do I jump straight to cardio ( low intensity) or can I complete the weight-lifting session... take some protein/creatine and then proceed to cardio ? Which is more optimal?

I appreciate you taking time and sharing your knowledge
    Very good question! Aminos can raise insulin! Will the rise in insulin from aminos reduce fat burned during fasting am cardio session? I would say probably not. The bottom line you will still be in a deficit of calories by the end of the day. Another words I do not think you would notice a difference with or without aminos during fasting am cardio on fat loss. If it does have an affect it would be so marginal. You probably would only be able to tell in a clinical setting. I think jumping right in to cardio post workout is best without protein. At that point your body's glycogen stores are partially depleted. Then your body goes into a mode of preservation of glycogen stores if cardio is not HIIT. More likely to burn a higher percent of body fat in my opinion on lower intensity cardio post workout.

Originally Posted by Exane View Post
    Getting my learning pants on. Thanks for taking the time to reply to everyone, Chris.
    No problem! I am a master at multi tasking! I have multiple things open while I work from home today.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post

I am 6'3", 230lbs and currently trying to cut, as my last attempt at introducing carbs got me far too soft. Right now I'm at 200 C / 300 P / 50 F. I'm training with weights at least 6 times a week, cardio the same frequency - each session is done with intervals, lasting around 20 min.
    Wow that is not many calories for someone who is 6'3''. I take it you are already fairly lean? Your changes should always be weekly. If they are weekly then you cannot get fat on too many carbs. Have you hit a plateau? Been at same weight and body fat for weeks?

wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well as stated above, whenever you increase carbs a substantial amount after a period of low carb dieting there will be a water rebound from the carbs. This is where you feel softer. When in actuality your body will adjust. It is nearly impossible for a experienced lifter / body builder (proper weight training and diet for 3+ years) to gain muscle while staying very lean. Some may get away with it because of genetics but that is it. You should expect to gain a little fat / water while attempting to gain muscle. Remember your body needs about 250 + calories above what you require in a day to gain muscle. You could as mentioned above increase carbs for a period of time and then reduce for a few days, and repeat. This way you can control body fat levels. Also keep in mind that insulin is the most anabolic hormone in the body. Carb stimulate insulin. So building muscle on low carb makes it more difficult.
    Thanks for the reply Chris, I just tend to be hesitant w the carbs as I don't wanna pack the belly on again. If my weight distributed all over it'd be one thing, but its mainly just in the midsection. Any ab tightening/core tips? I'm fairly lean just the midsection isn't on point as I'd like.... Thanks again man.

Originally Posted by wheredarocksat View Post
    Thanks for the reply Chris, I just tend to be hesitant w the carbs as I don't wanna pack the belly on again. If my weight distributed all over it'd be one thing, but its mainly just in the midsection. Any ab tightening/core tips? I'm fairly lean just the midsection isn't on point as I'd like.... Thanks again man.
    You can never spot reduce by a particular exercise. That is a myth. The only thing you can do is increase your abdominal size so you will have more abs "poking through" at a higher body fat. If you are that sensitive to carbs then make changes based on 4 day intervals. Add carbs, monitor weight, and every 4 days reassess. That way you cannot let yourself go to far. Easy to correct 4 days of higher carbs. Just start low. Maybe 50g per day and see what happens over 4-5 days.

AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very good question! Aminos can raise insulin! Will the rise in insulin from aminos reduce fat burned during fasting am cardio session? I would say probably not. The bottom line you will still be in a deficit of calories by the end of the day. Another words I do not think you would notice a difference with or without aminos during fasting am cardio on fat loss. If it does have an affect it would be so marginal. You probably would only be able to tell in a clinical setting. I think jumping right in to cardio post workout is best without protein. At that point your body's glycogen stores are partially depleted. Then your body goes into a mode of preservation of glycogen stores if cardio is not HIIT. More likely to burn a higher percent of body fat in my opinion on lower intensity cardio post workout.
    Forgive me for bombing all the questions, but not everyday do we get a chance to talk to a Pro with your qualifications Can we use an Alum bath instead of epsom salt bath to lose water weight ? Epsom salt here is quite rare and much more costly than alum.

In other talk, just googled your pics. Your have awesome front lat spread IMO { and obvious RLS} with actual lats visible from the front. Please never lose this as you add size. There aren't many already who rock in that pose. Keep up the good work Sir.
    Last edited by AdamantiumYoke; 03-18-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way

8 weeks out most muscular

8 weeks out side chest. This shows the importance of posing. Here you can see that one of these shots I hit my upper body correctly, and the other I just hit my lower body correctly. Practicing your posing is key!

4 weeks out from 2013 North Americans

This is before I decided to squeeze into light heavyweight

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/ChrisTuttleUniversal/media/4weeksoutnortham2013_zpsn7f3smq6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/ChrisTuttleUniversal/4weeksoutnortham2013_zpsn7f3smq6.jpg[IMG]
    That lat flare and quads...just awe-inspiring!!!
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way

Forgive me for bombing all the questions, but not everyday do we get a chance to talk to a Pro with your qualifications Can we use an Alum bath instead of epsom salt bath to lose water weight ? Epsom salt here is quite rare and much more costly than alum.

In other talk, just googled your pics. Your have awesome front lat spread IMO { and obvious RLS} with actual lats visible from the front. Please never lose this as you add size. There aren't many already who rock in that pose. Keep up the good work Sir.
    No problem bud! Don't worry I am going to try and grow slowly so I do not lose my appeal. Unfortunately I do not know anything on the matter of Alum bath and epsom salt baths. I like to use environment and keep things simple to lose the water. After I do what I can to lose water weight I use the sauna to get the last little bit off.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wow that is not many calories for someone who is 6'3''. I take it you are already fairly lean? Your changes should always be weekly. If they are weekly then you cannot get fat on too many carbs. Have you hit a plateau? Been at same weight and body fat for weeks?
    Sadly, I'm not that lean at all, hence the reason I'm cutting right now. About 5 weeks ago I hit a high of 237 and it did not look good. I was taking in more (non veg) carbs and gaining weight, even thought though it was only around 300g / day. That's when I cut out all the starchy carbs, kept to veg and my weight has been slowly declining. I am not blessed with a fast metabolism at all. It seems like I can gain fat just by looking at a muffin. Last summer I was pleased with my BF level, was single digits, but weighed around 212. That's why I tried to gain some lean mass this past winter, but I fear that the weight I did gain was only fat. I am only a hard gainer when it comes to muscle, but tell me to gain 10lbs and I can do it in a week, lol.

Again, thanks for your input. Good luck with your season.
    Team General Mills

Sadly, I'm not that lean at all, hence the reason I'm cutting right now. About 5 weeks ago I hit a high of 237 and it did not look good. I was taking in more (non veg) carbs and gaining weight, even thought though it was only around 300g / day. That's when I cut out all the starchy carbs, kept to veg and my weight has been slowly declining. I am not blessed with a fast metabolism at all. It seems like I can gain fat just by looking at a muffin. Last summer I was pleased with my BF level, was single digits, but weighed around 212. That's why I tried to gain some lean mass this past winter, but I fear that the weight I did gain was only fat. I am only a hard gainer when it comes to muscle, but tell me to gain 10lbs and I can do it in a week, lol.

Again, thanks for your input. Good luck with your season.
    HMM! Try lowering the protein. I am 257 in off season I am around 300g protein. Try and lower the protein to 250g, fat at 50g, and carbs starchy in only in meal 1 and pre workout.

Got to stimulate that metabolism!
    Last edited by ChrisTuttle; 03-18-2015 at 10:56 AM.

wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can never spot reduce by a particular exercise. That is a myth. The only thing you can do is increase your abdominal size so you will have more abs "poking through" at a higher body fat. If you are that sensitive to carbs then make changes based on 4 day intervals. Add carbs, monitor weight, and every 4 days reassess. That way you cannot let yourself go to far. Easy to correct 4 days of higher carbs. Just start low. Maybe 50g per day and see what happens over 4-5 days.
    Thanks again Chris.

alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hm okay thanks for the answers, a few more Q's then:
    How low in fat do you think one can go during prep as a natural?
    Current stats are 170lbs 5'10" @ around 10% BF. Eating 220g protein, 150g carbs, 40g fat and doing no cardio as of now, lifting 5 days a week. What would in your oppinion be the best way to get down to low single digits?

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow man, great shape. Welcome to the boards, as well. As an educated pro-bodybuilder, I, and many others, would value your input on the following:

Intermittent Fasting. Basically, lots of studies and even more anecdotal evidence conclude that long periods of fasting (16-24 hrs), then feasting for a short time (4-8hrs) maximize desired hormone levels and metabolic pathways in the realm of a lean, strong body composition.

This thesis by Dr. Bojan covers most of it nicely:
    http://www.lift-heavy.com/intermittent-fasting/

Have you ever looked into it? Tried it? What is your opinion on it? I have been doing it for years with great results. Thanks in advance, and welcome!
    ...imnoting

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chris will try his best to answer everyone, just keep in mind he is prepping and may not get to you right away. Thanks for understanding fellas.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000) Camaro76350 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Chris, first of all, thanks for doing this and good luck with the prep and show, will definitely be rooting for you. I'm currently in my senior year studying nutritional sciences and hoping to become and RD as well, so my questions are geared toward that aspect of your life:

Is your job as an RD conducive to your bodybuilding career (easy to get meals in and such)?

How do clients react to you being jacked as hell?

Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lots of great questions and info in here already. I'll be posted up in here to learn.
    Animal Rep

instagram: @onelargepanda / Follow for weekly Animal giveaways!

www.animalpak.com
    Twitter & Instagram @animalpak
    ******** @officialanimalpak

D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What an honor to have the great Chris Tuttle. I'll go ahead and just hit straight to the questions (big fan since seeing your videos by the way):

1) Your opinion on high volume training as opposed to higher frequency?

2) Any advice to someone prepping for their first show?

gozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Chris,

Do you and Aceto agree on most nutrition principles? I have read Aceto's books and I know he believes in only having a very, very low amount of fat.
    Tom Platz is the greatest of all time.

letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000) letsthrive is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incredible physique, wow. Any shots of you prior to lifting?