evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)

Good Home Gym Leg Press and Lat Pulldown

Any recommendations. I am in NJ and due to the large amount of covid 19 positive cases I will just lift at home. Formerly I lifted at gym and feel like I am missing the leg press.

I already have
    rack for squats
    plate loaded leg extension
    selectorized hamstring curl
    ordered a seated calf raise
    ordered a preacher curl
    seated cybex row machine selectorized

Overall workouts from home have been enjoyable. I would rather get it once and if needed pay more to do it right once.

If I have a lat pulldown and a good leg press I feel my gym will be complete.

Based on other threads I am looking into Powertec PL-M. I do need to order from somewhere and want it set up as I need to put in basement so moving it requires
    going down a lot of steps. Also want to be able to do tricep exerices with the lat pulldown.

Right now my workouts have been more enjoyable at home. My back though is hard to train much

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    Formerly I lifted at gym and feel like I am missing the leg press.
    I'd rather get a belt squat, more versatility and cost will be about the same as a decent leg press.

https://www.roguefitness.com/monster...SAAEgJn1_D_BwE
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    I'd rather get a belt squat, more versatility and cost will be about the same as a decent leg press.

https://www.roguefitness.com/monster...SAAEgJn1_D_BwE
    Mono hooks for BB squats, leverage arm belt squat, plate loaded hack squat, hex bar DL, weight stack leg ext/leg curl machine . I like variety.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure how hard core you are going in your quest, I went with the old school style vertical leg press. You'll have a slightly smaller footprint and it will require much less weight to get a decent workout in. I got mine from promaxima maybe 10 years ago, super affordable new (shipping was high though), next best bet was one made by yukon; last I saw that one was about $800 new.

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    Not sure how hard core you are going in your quest, I went with the old school style vertical leg press. You'll have a slightly smaller footprint and it will require much less weight to get a decent workout in. I got mine from promaxima maybe 10 years ago, super affordable new (shipping was high though), next best bet was one made by yukon; last I saw that one was about $800 new.
    Thanks will look into that as well. I enjoy training but not hard core so likely vertical leg press is not what i am looking for but will look into it. I need to find a place to try one first. I am in New Jersey where covid 19 is real bad so I am not in a rush but looking to research as much as possible. Hopefully I can find one used but then the issue is moving it as well.
    Last edited by evankyle; 04-27-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Mono hooks for BB squats, leverage arm belt squat, plate loaded hack squat, hex bar DL, weight stack leg ext/leg curl machine . I like variety.
    I am new to working out at home so not even sure what Mono hooks and leverage arm belt are as I was in commercial gym for years but not going back anytime soon. Most of my equipment is youth oriented as I share it with my kids. I do have hex bar which has become on of my favorite exercises. Certainly leg press not critical but would be nice.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am new to working out at home so not even sure what Mono hooks and leverage arm belt are as I was in commercial gym for years but not going back anytime soon. Most of my equipment is youth oriented as I share it with my kids. I do have hex bar which has become on of my favorite exercises. Certainly leg press not critical but would be nice.

The Powertec lat/row gets decent reviews here, similarly the latest version of the Powertec leg sled.

Personally I'd look to the used market for commercial units, I suspect that commercial equipment resellers are going to have plenty of stock in the not too distant future, unfortunately not all gyms will survive in the current climate.

The lever arm squat unit is basically a compact version of the belt squat machine, Mono hooks replace the J hooks on the rack and enable the lifter to set up for squat without having to step back, they work equally well on bench press.

https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-adj...tate=pg:2/ct:r

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any recommendations. I am in NJ and due to the large amount of covid 19 positive cases I will just lift at home. Formerly I lifted at gym and feel like I am missing the leg press.

I already have
    rack for squats
    plate loaded leg extension
    selectorized hamstring curl
    ordered a seated calf raise
    ordered a preacher curl
    seated cybex row machine selectorized

Overall workouts from home have been enjoyable. I would rather get it once and if needed pay more to do it right once.

If I have a lat pulldown and a good leg press I feel my gym will be complete.

Based on other threads I am looking into Powertec PL-M. I do need to order from somewhere and want it set up as I need to put in basement so moving it requires
    going down a lot of steps. Also want to be able to do tricep exerices with the lat pulldown.

Right now my workouts have been more enjoyable at home. My back though is hard to train much
    I would get the dynamic fitness (redone nebula version) one of the best leg presses out there.
    And with the dynamic version you can take it apart enough to carry down in your basement, probably one of the few legpresses though can do that to.
    PM me if you want to find a good price for one.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rottweiler59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say belt squat would be a good shout purely due to taking a leg press especially possibly a used 45degree one apart and down stairs to a basement could be a real ball ache. My belt squat breaks down into 4 easy sections and wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had to move it. My hammer leg press will stay where it is forever as I cannot bare the thought of trying to shift it again.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just make sure it's a good one.
    I have a Tuff Stuff leg press/hack squat and i think the leg press is not the greatest.
    A narrow foot plate and a high angle make it less versatile.
    Get something quality.
    It's a one time purchase and will last a life time for you.

anonymous
    Whatever you do, dont buy a poverty chinese home gym deathtrap lmao

If it's not a preowned gym piece then dont buy it. I have a hammer leverage leg press and while it's not the greatest its 100x better than anything designed for home use

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rottweiler59 View Post
    I would say belt squat would be a good shout purely due to taking a leg press especially possibly a used 45degree one apart and down stairs to a basement could be a real ball ache. My belt squat breaks down into 4 easy sections and wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had to move it. My hammer leg press will stay where it is forever as I cannot bare the thought of trying to shift it again.
    I think we both have the Hammer lever leg press, it's one of those pieces, you either love it or hate it, for me it works well and is more knee friendly than the 45 unit.

I agree it's not a piece you want to move around too often.

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As mentioned above commercial pieces would be the best but if you’re like me and have your gym in the basement most commercial pieces just won’t work.

Both the powertec and bodycraft leg presses are probably the two best home gym pieces you could get. Both have linear bearings for a smoother more commercial like feel. The bodycraft is more adjustable and is also a hack squat.

Lat pulldown wise despite the opinion here Titan sells a decent enough one for around a grand with a 300lb weight stack.

Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    As mentioned above commercial pieces would be the best but if you’re like me and have your gym in the basement most commercial pieces just won’t work.

Both the powertec and bodycraft leg presses are probably the two best home gym pieces you could get. Both have linear bearings for a smoother more commercial like feel. The bodycraft is more adjustable and is also a hack squat.

Lat pulldown wise despite the opinion here Titan sells a decent enough one for around a grand with a 300lb weight stack.
    the powertec looks to be $1000 less than the bodycraft if I am looking at the right things. I see some dealers in NJ for powertec and prefer to try it out first.

I bought a Titan rack years ago and so far it has served its purpose but I want better quality. The rack is easy for squats and bench but I cannot do pull ups with it.

I have recently gotten some local things from a Hudson Steel company as they deliver and have things available and assemble. Not big things but calf raise new was cheaper than used dusty no name brands. Just nice to have but certainly not necessary.

The weight my sons and I are lifting is moderate at best so not sure if that makes a difference. I am hesitant to buy the titan without testing it first.

https://hudsonsteelco.com/
    Last edited by evankyle; 04-29-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Whatever you do, dont buy a poverty chinese home gym deathtrap lmao

If it's not a preowned gym piece then dont buy it. I have a hammer leverage leg press and while it's not the greatest its 100x better than anything designed for home use
    Yes. years ago I got several pieces of preowned equipment by luck. I hope to find some soon. Lately I have found new things cheaper than the exorbitant prices online for used. I just got a preacher and calf machine for cheaper than used old dusty things.