Hordepreezt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question rapid weightgain, gained 7kg+(15pound) within ~40days

Hi, I am currently gaining weight really fast and wonder if any of you had the same "issues"

first of all thank you for reading all this long text and apologies but I think it is important for you to know where I come from if you really wanna give your oppinion and suggestion!

I am currently on a bulk and 188cm(~6,2ft) tall and weigh a bit over 97kg(~213lb).

My background:
    I started bulking almost 5 months ago weighing around 85kg, brutaly skinyfat - absolute bad genetics for arms biceps triceps, long arms super thin wrists and a very fat midsection and VERY fat butt. I have long and heavy legs, I guess you can call them muscular or at least strong.

I have worked out before but not too consistently, maybe 4 months on 4 months off 3 months on 4 months off and so on, however before I started working out again now I did absolutely nothing for almost 2 1/2 years.

I workout 5-6 times a week for almost 5 months now consisting of 2-3 days weightraining and 2-3 days cardio (running/boxing/swimming) with 1 day rest. My weightraining sessions are mostly 60minutes to 75minutes max, my cardios xcept for swimming(1hour+) lasts for about 40minutes give or take. I go balls to the walls on each workout and give it my all. I am currently unemployed but still walking atleast 7-10k steps a day, the rest I would sit infront of the pc or lay in bed. Quit smoking for good exactly 3 months ago, yes I was smoking during the start but mostly after exercise and not that frequent and often.

I'd have a huge breakfast then peanuts, joghurts and fruit as snacks during the day and end with one decent sized dinner and drink 3-5liters of fluidsevery day, I estimate my caloric intake to be around 3000-3300 calories and I am doing intermittent fasting with 8-9hour feeding window too.

The Question
    30 days ago I weigh 90kg and about that time ago I started taking creatine mono 3g a day everyday. Is it possible that I gained 7kg+ or 15lb+ of water weigh within 1 month? I guess my question is if that is even healthy or common as all articles regarding gaining waterweigh while starting creatine tell me 2-5 pounds is normal. I do not look any fatter in the mirror at least not that I can tell I do look more "full" though thats for sure.

I dont really wanna change anything in my diet as I barely hit my target macros since all calculators tell me I should aim for 3500+ calories.. See whats going on here? I am actually below my calories and still gaining weigh.. it has to be water right? When will this stabilize? Should I do something? How much water weigh did you gain?

Overall I feel very healthy and stronger than I have ever been, I feel amazing actually but the massive increase in weigh kind of bothers me.. almost scary

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hordepreezt View Post
    30 days ago I weigh 90kg and about that time ago I started taking creatine mono 3g a day everyday. Is it possible that I gained 7kg+ or 15lb+ of water weigh within 1 month? I guess my question is if that is even healthy or common as all articles regarding gaining waterweigh while starting creatine tell me 2-5 pounds is normal. I do not look any fatter in the mirror at least not that I can tell I do look more "full" though thats for sure.
    If that's the only thing you've changed, it's very likely that's the cause.

It's very unlikely you've gained anywhere near 15 pounds of fat if your diet / workout hasn't changed.

Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're gaining weight then you're caloric intake is higher than your maintenance. The fact you "estimate 3000-3300 calories" means it probably isn't 3000-3300 calories at all. You need to track your food.

What are your macros?

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jakeh1 View Post
    If you're gaining weight then you're caloric intake is higher than your maintenance. The fact you "estimate 3000-3300 calories" means it probably isn't 3000-3300 calories at all. You need to track your food.

What are your macros?
    The OP has started creatine supplementation which is well-known for water retention. A lot of the weight gain will be water weight.

Breeezyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’m in the complete same boat as you, expect I weigh lighter I’ve gone from 71kg to 75kg in a week but I’m assuming its water weight from the creatine since I’ve never took it before

Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GA1N5 View Post
    The OP has started creatine supplementation which is well-known for water retention. A lot of the weight gain will be water weight.
    I'm interested to know how you think the majority of his 15lb weight gain over 30 days is water retention when OP has stated that he is estimating his caloric intake?

swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50) swsko will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and??how does creatine add 15pounds??when i started having creatine i only added 1lbs some add more but nowhere near 15lbs, this is the reason people count their calories, estimating can be way off

Originally Posted by Jakeh1 View Post

What are your macros?
    Every Website or App tells me different macro/caloric goals. For "heavy exercise" or "5-6 workouts/week" the majority of them wants me to eat ~3550calories (when I type my base weigh beeing 90kg without the current water weigh) and ~4000calories (base weigh of 97kg including water weight) for bulking.
    I am hitting roughly 160-180g proteins daylie which is very hard for me as protein is kind of expensive. ~70-80g of fat is easy to get and rest be carbs.

Originally Posted by Breeezyyy View Post
    I’m in the complete same boat as you, expect I weigh lighter I’ve gone from 71kg to 75kg in a week but I’m assuming its water weight from the creatine since I’ve never took it before
    Did your weigh stabilize after that one week or how did it go? When did it stabilize? 4kg within 1 week is crazy man, how did you feel?

Breeezyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did your weigh stabilize after that one week or how did it go? When did it stabilize? 4kg within 1 week is crazy man, how did you feel?
    its only just been a week since i started my bulk so I can’t tell man, but i do feel alot stronger in my lifts already although i feel my belly has gotten bigger already 😑 hopefully my weight will stabalize after the 2nd week if not i need to lower my calories from 3300

Originally Posted by Breeezyyy View Post
    its only just been a week since i started my bulk so I can’t tell man, but i do feel alot stronger in my lifts already although i feel my belly has gotten bigger already 😑 hopefully my weight will stabalize after the 2nd week if not i need to lower my calories from 3300
    Allright man, please keep me updated!!

Were you eating and exercising roughly the same amount this month as all the other months?

5 months ago, you were 85KG. Last month you were 90KG. I find it hard to believe you underestimated your calories so much that you gained 7KG.

What I'm saying is, if you're doing roughly the same thing, and the only thing you've changed is creatine, surely that should be the cause?

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why are you dirty bulking while already overweight?

Were you eating and exercising roughly the same amount this month as all the other months?

5 months ago, you were 85KG. Last month you were 90KG. I find it hard to believe you underestimated your calories so much that you gained 7KG.

What I'm saying is, if you're doing roughly the same thing, and the only thing you've changed is creatine, surely that should be the cause?
    Yes I've been eating and exercising the same amount, I think I even exercise with a bit more intesity this month as the creatine really gives me alot of energy!
    I have gained aprox 5kg within 4 months from mid July to Mid November with that diet and exercise (eating clean and beeing consistant), the last 7kg where all within the last 30days as I started taking creatine.. it has to be water I am thinking! I have just read of someone also gaining 15lb within 1 month of taking creatine so it is possible but very rare I guess

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    Why are you dirty bulking while already overweight?
    Its not dirty and above all I am under all websites and apps recommended caloric goals daylie

Quick update! It has been a week now and my weight has stabilized at 97kg!

Update #2, My Diet has been the same ever since. Today I weigh in at 96,8kg

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Update #2, My Diet has been the same ever since. Today I weigh in at 96,8kg
    Upload a picture please. Use your body space or imgur.com.

At 97 kg it's likely your body fat is 20% or higher. If so you're best off losing fat first.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Upload a picture please. Use your body space or imgur.com.

At 97 kg it's likely your body fat is 20% or higher. If so you're best off losing fat first.
    Using a 4 point caliper measurement I find my bf to be 20% yes, however my chest, shoulders and arms are very skinny and lean so all the fat is mostly stored in my lower belly, ass and tighs (you can see my most upper abs coming through but while walking my tighs would rub on each other its really messed up LOL). I thought of starting cutting after 6-8 months of training which would be in February/March

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Using a 4 point caliper measurement I find my bf to be 20% yes, however my chest, shoulders and arms are very skinny and lean so all the fat is mostly stored in my lower belly, ass and tighs (you can see my most upper abs coming through but while walking my tighs would rub on each other its really messed up LOL). I thought of starting cutting after 6-8 months of training which would be in February/March
    Callipers aren't very accurate. At 97kg you're better off dropping fat now. See: https://mennohenselmans.com/inflammation-muscle-growth/

Very interesting article, I will look further into this topic! Thank you very much
    Last edited by Hordepreezt; 12-21-2018 at 11:44 AM.