UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000)

How is the job market in your area?

I have just resigned from my job in April. Luckily, I still have my family company to help with, and I am trading equities daily. But I do still want to work to gain more experience before I continue my parent's company/start a new business. In my country in Asia, there are very few openings.

Is it the same in the US? When do you think a surge of new jobs is going to come?
    Global Citizen Crew - I educate stupid basement-living miscers about the world's culture and critical thinking
    Chemical Engineering Grad Crew - Now working in investment banking & private equity in an mnc firm based in US and Singapore
    BB.com Member Since 2013, lost my older account, didn't post a lot so it is fine

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's horrible in Coffeyville Kansas. Before Covid, I had 73 refinery contractors in all my rental houses. After Covid, the refinery sent all non-essential people home. All maintenance and capital projects were postponed. I went from 73 contractors to 2 in about a month.

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm at 500+ applications, 6 final round interviews, no offers. The job postings on LinkedIn have been stagnant for like 2 weeks, so either I'm silo'ed hard on their job search algorithm or just no one's hiring in the face of a second lockdown.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in a large city and outside of tourism, jobs are still getting posted a lot. Got laid off last wednesday. Already have 3 phone interviews and a sit down interview to be scheduled sometime next week. I'd suggest moving to a big city and looking for a job in banking/finance.

Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    I'm at 500+ applications, 6 final round interviews, no offers. The job postings on LinkedIn have been stagnant for like 2 weeks, so either I'm silo'ed hard on their job search algorithm or just no one's hiring in the face of a second lockdown.
    IIRC aren't you in CS or some other tech related field? Didn't think it would be that hard to find a job in that field. I'd suggest looking on Indeed though, it gets updated daily with new jobs in my area.
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    Yeah I havent looked at LinkedIn for the past 2 weeks for that reason. There's just nothing. God luck brah, I am lucky to still have things to do
    Global Citizen Crew - I educate stupid basement-living miscers about the world's culture and critical thinking
    Chemical Engineering Grad Crew - Now working in investment banking & private equity in an mnc firm based in US and Singapore
    BB.com Member Since 2013, lost my older account, didn't post a lot so it is fine

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    It's horrible in Coffeyville Kansas. Before Covid, I had 73 refinery contractors in all my rental houses. After Covid, the refinery sent all non-essential people home. All maintenance and capital projects were postponed. I went from 73 contractors to 2 in about a month.
    This pandemic is hitting refineries hard af from a variety of angles, from gasoline consumption to the delta between gas prices and swinging oil prices to the shift in demand of the refined products (jet fuel vs gasoline etc)

Think my area is doing pretty well nowadays. I've been working 50hrs / week since the middle of April and my woman wasn't even temporarily laid off, but we had shut down completely for a while

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    IIRC aren't you in CS or some other tech related field? Didn't think it would be that hard to find a job in that field. I'd suggest looking on Indeed though, it gets updated daily with new jobs in my area.
    Yeah, just finished a masters in electrical engineering.

The problem is that about 50% of engineering companies currently have a hiring freeze (as reported anonymously by their employees at least), so you have all the graduates of a normal year but half the positions.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dealership technician here. Barely slowed down at least on my end. I was seriously hoping to catch a break. Now we are so covered up it isn't funny. We reported the highest numbers ever last month. I guess I'm blessed but at the same time I ask for vacation but we are so busy. Atlanta area.

Hispanic (no gay Latinx) AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Dealership technician here. Barely slowed down at least on my end. I was seriously hoping to catch a break. Now we are so covered up it isn't funny. We reported the highest numbers ever last month. I guess I'm blessed but at the same time I ask for vacation but we are so busy. Atlanta area.
    In CA, SoCal, it's about the same. Only minimum wage jobs appear to be affected by Covid at least none of my relatives were affected job wise for it.

Registered User MirinCanadian99's Avatar
    MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The job market in my area is fairly crap and this is in a city of 4 million people. Most jobs that are hiring are very low paying service jobs such as fast food and retail. Other jobs that are mostly hiring are security guard jobs that pay a few dollars above the minimum wage. Barely enough to support a family and those kinda jobs are usually done by new comers and students.

The other job market is the competitive job market where people are fighting over the scraps which are high-paying jobs. 45-50 grand is high paying here in Montreal and these jobs are hard to come by without a ton of experience or a ton of education. It's over-saturated and most of these high paying jobs have sweet unions which protect their employees with their nails and tooth no matter how incompetent they are. I'm currently studying to be a cop and most municipal jobs are stacked to the teeth and the only position one can come by is rural posting up in the north of Quebec or in some other small town area. Most of the people in my program end up becoming security guards or work in other fields such as transit security if they ever hire or they become special constables in courts all around the province.

There are some sectors that are always hiring such as nursing due to the turn out rate but even that is slowly disappearing. But yeah the job market in Montreal is quite honestly crap. My mother applied for a bus driver position that has a staff shortage and she never got a call back. This is with her being considered an ethnic minority and a female. City is incompetent and its going down the tube in my honest opinion. I plan on moving out down the road.