Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How long have you guys been following the sport? I started religiously watching it 4yrs ago, and started learning how to box 2yrs ago. I'm sure there are a few guys in here that have over a decade under their belt
    Last edited by DaarioNaharis; 03-18-2015 at 02:57 PM.

ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Inn

My favorite fighter of all time. Morales was a straight up warrior never ducked always fought for the fans was fun to watch and that 12th round vs Pacquiao in their first fight when he turned southpaw to brawl with Manny = balls and guts. The trilogy with Marco Antonio Barrera IMO is one if not the best trilogy of all time. He was also the first one to defeat Manny Pacquiao on American soil (Pacman was 5-0-1, 5 KO prior to this fight)

(Turns southpaw to brawl with Pacquiao)

Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaarioNaharis View Post
    How long have you guys been following the sport? I started religiously watching it 4yrs ago, and started learning how to box 2yrs ago. I'm sure there are a few guys in here that have over a decade under their belt
    Started to box seriously last year but been watching since childhood wit old man, he went to the FraziervForeman fight here n been avid ever since.
    Jamaican Brah

AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tyson-Holyfield 2 was the first fight I remember being able to understand. I've been watching consistently since 2001, when Barrera beat the crap out of Prince Naseem.

GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrecoRoman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Started watching 8 years ago but only used to watch big fights. Over the last 3 years I've gotten more and more into as I've started to box myself.

Lets make this thread kind of like the official football (soccer thread). All fights should get discussed in here
    31 Straight unanswered- 5 Rings- GOAT
    Bring De Bruyne (or Hazard) to Bayern Crew

DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000) DaarioNaharis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GrecoRoman View Post
    Lets make this thread kind of like the official football (soccer thread). All fights should get discussed in here

That's the plan, brah.

To the guys who box, what weight do you feel most comfortable at? My weight will fluctuate depending on the season. Sometimes I'll box in the upper 170's low 180's.. But i feel most comfortable boxing between 165-170. Anything above that and i feel too slow and not very agile. I much prefer giving up some power and fighting at a lower weight.

NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Reps to OP and others for finally delivering an official thread to discuss the sweet science instead of having to go into random threads or UFCville.

Question: Anybody else underwhelmed by the Mayweather vs Pacquiao undercard? I mean, in a sport where the biggest draws are nearing the end of their career, wouldn't it make sense to be using the most talked about card of the decade (which will be watched by boxing fans, sports fans, casuals, etc) to showcase the sport with amazing fights? They could be putting together an amazing card with the most exciting and promising young talent to draw in people to the sport and build the stars of the future. Instead they seem to be putting together a lackluster effort. Much like De La Hoya vs Mayweather and I feel like this will be a seriously missed opportunity for the sport.

To the guys who box, what weight do you feel most comfortable at? My weight will fluctuate depending on the season. Sometimes I'll box in the upper 170's low 180's.. But i feel most comfortable boxing between 165-170. Anything above that and i feel too slow and not very agile. I much prefer giving up some power and fighting at a lower weight.
    Please keep a few things in mind from my post. When I was an amateur boxer I was about 4-5 inches shorter than I am now. I am also a dual citizen of Canada and US, but I fought exclusively in Canada, so I had to adjust to measuring kg instead of my preferred lbs. At 5'9'' age 17, my walk around weight was about 148-150 lbs. I therefore cut to fight at lww (141lbs). On weigh in day I would often wake up 1-2 lbs underweight, so I made sure to hydrate to exactly 141. By the time of the weigh in I would make sure to take a pee (never a poop) to ensure I was my ideal 0.5 lbs under the weight limit. As I grew I later fought at welterweight (152lbs) when my walk around weight increased to approx 160.

To me the most important step was always figuring out my comfortable walk around weight. From there it becomes easier to decide what weight class to fight at.

As a kid and an amateur I would never recommend fighting in a weight class that requires you to cut more than 10 pounds. Your body is still growing, and you should be more focused on technique at this point rather than trying to make weight. As you get older and/or move to professional fighting you could probably learn to cut 20 pounds safely.
    "Wherever there's a ******* posting walls of text, I'll be there. Wherever there's a juicy post lost in a multi-page thread, I'll be there. And when the miscers cry out for cliffs, charge their neg cannons, and wonder if the thread is worth reading, why, I'll be there" - NateTheGood

- Atlanta Falcons - Toronto Raptors - Winnipeg Jets -

*Canadian/American Dual-Citizen Crew*
    *Senator Joseph McCarthy Was A Hero Crew*
    *Everything I Post Is Satire And Should Not Be Taken Seriously Crew*

svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AirJordanB View Post
    Tyson-Holyfield 2 was the first fight I remember being able to understand. I've been watching consistently since 2001, when Barrera beat the crap out of Prince Naseem.

Haha loved seeing Barrera whip the prince. I started 2000-2001. Boxing is my second favorite sport.
    boston baby
    <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>
    ^^* Misc Ink Crew {(PP==--- ☠ *^^
    †Italian Crew†
    ~~~5'9 misc crew~~~

slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rebelthq View Post
    I get you but the skill and bravery required to pull off counter punching at that level will always be more entertaining to me, its a preference thing tho, i see countless beginners just planting there feet and swinging for the fences all the time not looking that much different from a pro in-fighter
    It's entertaining to the people that follow boxing of course but it's always going to come down to the more exciting pushing the pace fighter being the most loved.

Everyone knows who Roy is, how many people knew who Toney was before his MMA fight? Floyd's kinda an exception to that though.

Originally Posted by NateTheGood View Post
    Reps to OP and others for finally delivering an official thread to discuss the sweet science instead of having to go into random threads or UFCville.

Question: Anybody else underwhelmed by the Mayweather vs Pacquiao undercard? I mean, in a sport where the biggest draws are nearing the end of their career, wouldn't it make sense to be using the most talked about card of the decade (which will be watched by boxing fans, sports fans, casuals, etc) to showcase the sport with amazing fights? They could be putting together an amazing card with the most exciting and promising young talent to draw in people to the sport and build the stars of the future. Instead they seem to be putting together a lackluster effort. Much like De La Hoya vs Mayweather and I feel like this will be a seriously missed opportunity for the sport.
    Yup. Everyone is going to be watching, here's boxing's chance to finally change the notion that boxing is dying, and they're just going to continue to push it instead.

Would have loved to see Khan/Brook or something as a buildup, would have instantly boosted ratings. Both are English and draw that crowd, Khan draws the brown crowd, Pacquaio draws the Asian crowd, Money with the Americans, etc. Instead they''re going to fill it with nobodies. Disappointed.

Please keep a few things in mind from my post. When I was an amateur boxer I was about 4-5 inches shorter than I am now. I am also a dual citizen of Canada and US, but I fought exclusively in Canada, so I had to adjust to measuring kg instead of my preferred lbs. At 5'9'' age 17, my walk around weight was about 148-150 lbs. I therefore cut to fight at lww (141lbs). On weigh in day I would often wake up 1-2 lbs underweight, so I made sure to hydrate to exactly 141. By the time of the weigh in I would make sure to take a pee (never a poop) to ensure I was my ideal 0.5 lbs under the weight limit. As I grew I later fought at welterweight (152lbs) when my walk around weight increased to approx 160.

To me the most important step was always figuring out my comfortable walk around weight. From there it becomes easier to decide what weight class to fight at.

As a kid and an amateur I would never recommend fighting in a weight class that requires you to cut more than 10 pounds. Your body is still growing, and you should be more focused on technique at this point rather than trying to make weight. As you get older and/or move to professional fighting you could probably learn to cut 20 pounds safely.
    I was thinking of joining up since a gym just opened in my city after the last one left like 10 years ago, but I feel like I'm too old (I'm 21). Is it still worth doing? Figure might as well ask people that've actually boxed instead of just other fans of the sport.
    Last edited by slinginmango; 03-18-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Originally Posted by slinginmango View Post

I was thinking of joining up since a gym just opened in my city after the last one left like 10 years ago, but I feel like I'm too old (I'm 21). Is it still worth doing? Figure might as well ask people that've actually boxed instead of just other fans of the sport.

I'm 27.. Started when i was nearing 25. Of course, i have no aspirations to go pro. But there have been guys who took up boxing at a later age, and were able to transition into the pros and be successful if that's a goal you had.

slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) slinginmango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm 27.. Started when i was nearing 25. Of course, i have no aspirations to go pro. But there have been guys who took up boxing at a later age, and were able to transition into the pros and be successful if that's what you were thinking about.
    I'm ultra competitive so putting in a ton of work is nothing but I'm also realistic, chances of me going pro are zero lol. Mostly just want to get into it to get into shape and be athletic instead of just jacked, also learn a legit skill and kill a few hours a week.

Guess I'll be calling up my local gym. What are you guys paying per month? No clue what the 'usual' fees are at most gyms. I know TKD and Judo and whatnot, but not boxing.

NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NateTheGood is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hell yeah you should. I was 16 when I started boxing. I was also a skinnyfat whiteboy pussy with asthma and a sweat allergy. I became one of the top amateur prospects in the province.

With hard work and resiliency there are no limitations to your success. Srs brah if I can do it, you can too.

PS: Get ready for bouts of depression when you begin cardio though.
    "Wherever there's a ******* posting walls of text, I'll be there. Wherever there's a juicy post lost in a multi-page thread, I'll be there. And when the miscers cry out for cliffs, charge their neg cannons, and wonder if the thread is worth reading, why, I'll be there" - NateTheGood

- Atlanta Falcons - Toronto Raptors - Winnipeg Jets -

*Canadian/American Dual-Citizen Crew*
    *Senator Joseph McCarthy Was A Hero Crew*
    *Everything I Post Is Satire And Should Not Be Taken Seriously Crew*

Originally Posted by NateTheGood View Post
    Hell yeah you should. I was 16 when I started boxing. I was also a skinnyfat whiteboy pussy with asthma and a sweat allergy. I became one of the top amateur prospects in the province.

With hard work and resiliency there are no limitations to your success. Srs brah if I can do it, you can too.

PS: Get ready for bouts of depression when you begin cardio though.
    Sick. I got knee problems so I'm not sure how well that'll go over especially with cardio, but whatever, gotta drop weight somehow lol, and man do I ever have a lot to lose. Can't be boxing at heavyweight, I'd get murdered by everyone haha.

I'll check out the local place tomorrow or over the weekend, see what their schedule is like. What's a good rate per month/year?

ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm ultra competitive so putting in a ton of work is nothing but I'm also realistic, chances of me going pro are zero lol. Mostly just want to get into it to get into shape and be athletic instead of just jacked, also learn a legit skill and kill a few hours a week.

Guess I'll be calling up my local gym. What are you guys paying per month? No clue what the 'usual' fees are at most gyms. I know TKD and Judo and whatnot, but not boxing.
    Where are you from? Some of the best gyms an amateur can join are free.. lots of top prospects start out at YMCA's/PAL's etc.
    Meet Lifts/Gym Lifts
    Bench 365/385
    Squat 460/485
    Dead 515/535
    Total: 1340 Raw @ 180lbs /w no wraps.
    I'msexyandIknowit

Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swept has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both Kell Brook and Jhonny Gonzalez fight next week, Adonis Steven the following week. And in the GGG undercard Roman Gonzalez whose top 5 p4p will also fight.

Originally Posted by ruskism View Post
    Where are you from? Some of the best gyms an amateur can join are free.. lots of top prospects start out at YMCA's/PAL's etc.
    bc .don't think we have any YMCAs here. never heard of PAL lol.

frigging americans with their cheap gyms

Prices vary depending on the gym.. I pay 50$ a month

ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruskism is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bc .don't think we have any YMCAs here. never heard of PAL lol.

frigging americans with their cheap gyms
    I fought for 3 gyms.. The first one was $20/mo and the coaches/owner made nothing. Just charged to keep the place open. When I couldnt pay on time because I was 16, my coach let me sweep the floors before the gym opened and clean the gloves. Second gym was free as long as you competed. Last gym was free and loaded with talent. Had the chance to spar with two pros (now, amateur then) and a medalist in the pan-am games + WSB competitor. You don't have to pay a huge fee to box.. It isn't MMA or crossfit where a fad is driving the price up. Most everyone I ever boxed with was on the poorer side and everyone could relate.
    Meet Lifts/Gym Lifts
    Bench 365/385
    Squat 460/485
    Dead 515/535
    Total: 1340 Raw @ 180lbs /w no wraps.
    I'msexyandIknowit

SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For the longest time, I always thoughtayweather was gonna outclass Manny. Thought he was gonna be too big, and have the edge on Manny with their style matchup. But holeefuk pacquaio is focused and determined on bringing it against mayweather. Hes gonna let his hands go, and I just don't know if the shoulder roll is gonna hold up against PACs quick and dynamic punching.

*Hawks*Huskies*Mariners*Gators*

svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000) svtballa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SpiritFighter View Post
    For the longest time, I always thoughtayweather was gonna outclass Manny. Thought he was gonna be too big, and have the edge on Manny with their style matchup. But holeefuk pacquaio is focused and determined on bringing it against mayweather. Hes gonna let his hands go, and I just don't know if the shoulder roll is gonna hold up against PACs quick and dynamic punching.

Most people don't realize that Mannys hand speed> Mayweathers. Now reaction speed and head speed/movement mayweather all day. But sheer hand speed manny>mayweather
    boston baby
    †Italian Crew†
    ~~~5'9 misc crew~~~

To say mayweather is "faster" is just a casual hipster thing to say. It looks like mayweather is faster due to his all time great deffense. But PACMAN simply has faster hands
    boston baby
    †Italian Crew†
    ~~~5'9 misc crew~~~

SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000)
    The difference is obviously explosivity.

Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rebelthq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The difference in hand speed wont compensate for Floyd's timing imo
    Jamaican Brah

The difference in hand speed wont compensate for Floyd's timing imo
    Thats highly possible. Im just sick of people claiming Floyd is faster
    boston baby
    †Italian Crew†
    ~~~5'9 misc crew~~~

Originally Posted by svtballa View Post
    Depends on the category i guess, i would give the nod to Floyd in reactions as its ingrained in his style and he's dependent having better reflexes than his opponents, Manny has the faster hands and people might disagree with me on this but Manny has the quicker feet as well, what makes Floyd seems like he has quicker feet is his exceptional perception of distance, he inches forward and backwards without the opponent even realizing allowing him to take advantage when attacking or defending, he will lose the early rounds but finish strong to cement the opinions of the judges, i dont see any k.o's either
    Jamaican Brah

AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by svtballa View Post
    If there's an advantage for either of them, it's negligible. Let's be real...they're about even when it comes to hand speed. I think people believe Manny has faster hands because he constantly throws combos, while Floyd picks his shots.

Depends on the category i guess, i would give the nod to Floyd in reactions as its ingrained in his style and he's dependent having better reflexes than his opponents, Manny has the faster hands and people might disagree with me on this but Manny has the quicker feet as well, what makes Floyd seems like he has quicker feet is his exceptional perception of distance, he inches forward and backwards without the opponent even realizing allowing him to take advantage when attacking or defending, he will lose the early rounds but finish strong to cement the opinions of the judges, i dont see any k.o's either
    Manny's unnecessary movement in this fight will be his downfall IMO. Floyd will do his usual feeling out through the first couple of rounds, start to counter at will, then eventually cut the ring off and walk Manny down as the fight goes on. I have a feeling this fight will end up exactly like Mayweather-Mosley.

^Pretty much
    Jamaican Brah

SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiritFighter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AirJordanB View Post
    If there's an advantage for either of them, it's negligible. Let's be real...they're about even when it comes to hand speed. I think people believe Manny has faster hands because he constantly throws combos, while Floyd picks his shots.

Manny's unnecessary movement in this fight will be his downfall IMO. Floyd will do his usual feeling out through the first couple of rounds, start to counter at will, then eventually cut the ring off and walk Manny down as the fight goes on. I have a feeling this fight will end up exactly like Mayweather-Mosley.

I don't think it will be like mayweather-mosley. Mosley was shot and afraid to let his hands go. Something Manny is not afraid of, even if its to his own detriment. If anything, it will be closer to mayweather-judah IMO.
    *Hawks*Huskies*Mariners*Gators*

Which young guys are yall impressed with? I've been following Errol Spence jr and his power is real but there are still holes in his game, Antoine Douglas to me will be one of the best one day, still unsure about his chin but he's well rounded and the leaps in improvement he makes fight to fight is impressive as hell.

Also, anybody else thinks triple G is overrated and dependent on his power? I think he can be out-boxed, someone along the lines of Erislandy Lara or an Andre Ward
    Jamaican Brah

Originally Posted by SpiritFighter View Post
    I don't think it will be like mayweather-mosley. Mosley was shot and afraid to let his hands go. Something Manny is not afraid of, even if its to his own detriment. If anything, it will be closer to mayweather-judah IMO.
    All the same, those later rounds were telling.
    Jamaican Brah