Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lilmzchief View Post
    If there is such a word that defines me, I’m a one-person circus. Busy may be an understatement at a first glance at my lifestyle. However, I can’t settle doing anything less. I’m a full-time and freelance web developer, full-time student, and a figure athlete. I only started competing in figure last year so I’m still new in it. Ever since I was introduced to the world of weight lifting, I knew that I found my passion. There is just something wonderful about this feeling of being strong that keeps me coming back, and knowing that I’ll break my own records the more I train. The greatest part is helping and influencing others to also lead a healthier and fitter lifestyle.

This year, my fitness goals include increasing the size of my upper body, giving my lower body a more defined look, give my back much more definition, make my waist smaller, and bring home a trophy from an NPC LVL V competition. There’s going to be so much work to do. But it excites me to see the progress I’m making. Along with fitness goals for myself, I want to help 3 friends this year to reach their own fitness goals. It’s always more fun making strides when there’s company.

Upon reading the contest rules, I felt that Infinite Lab’s philosophy of having fun being a juggernaut, motivate others, and training is in-line of what I’m currently doing. I like what being a juggernaut stood for – “A Juggernaut is an unstoppable moving force that pushes past any boundaries. We will stop at nothing to reach our genetic potential.” Since I’m a go-getter and refuse to step down from a challenge, I'm really STOKED to enter.

I lift 2x a week with my trainer especially for exercises that requires me to grow my strength in such as squatting. Once a week, I do my “touch up” exercises such as chest, triceps, and biceps. My cardio consists of at least 30 min. cardio (but no more than an hour) 4x a week. I try to make cardio “entertaining” so I pick up some dancing or group exercises sometimes to mix it up. Who says cardio has to be boring?

My diet consists of 6 “clean” meals a day and 1 snack. I do my “cheat meal” once a week which substitutes a meal and a snack. My supplementation includes fish/flax oil, BCAA, glutamine, kelp, CLA, L-tyrosine, B-Complex, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. I just ordered my Juggernaut and Infinite Pro 100% Whey Isolate with Infinite Labs. Can’t wait to try them!
    Welcome to the Juggernaut family

I totally dig the fact you use dance for cardio- I was a professional dancer/teacher for about 6.5 years- some of the most fun ever!!!

Where are you from? When is your competition that you're aiming for?
    NASM CPT, CES
    OHP/B/S/D: 165/210/345/405
    Twitch affiliate- http://tycuna.tv
    ~Barefooters Crew~

DONATE TO ST JUDES (GTFIH)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166820651

Figure Athlete/Juggernaut lilmzchief's Avatar
    lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by justinjude View Post
    Welcome to the Juggernaut family

I totally dig the fact you use dance for cardio- I was a professional dancer/teacher for about 6.5 years- some of the most fun ever!!!

Where are you from? When is your competition that you're aiming for?
    Thanks justinjude =) That's really awesome that you're a professional dancer/teacher. What type of dance do you do? So far, I haven't done much... just a little here and there of swing, Argentinean Tango, hip hop, waltz, and traditional Filipino dancing. I was in the UCF FSA Dance Troupe for a few years and just love the rush when we won 1st place in hip hop. It really is fun!!!

I'm in Orlando and I'm aiming for the one first week of June. Don't want to shoot for anything later for the first competition this season just because I want to have one competition before my b-day =)

lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    03/15/2012 -

I was so tired yesterday after my training that all I could do is crash after taking a shower. But here's the rest of the update from yesterday...

Meal#3 & Meal#4 -

I split a meal into two since I wasn't that hungry. 2/3 c. of rice, 4 oz. chicken, 2 c. of spinach, a ring of pineapple. YUM!

Drinked a shake along with my supplements - BCAA, CLA, and L-Carnitine before heading out to train.

I was adviced to make sure that I eat up before coming in. After the training, I felt that I could have eaten more. Training consisted of using muscles that I haven't trained in awhile. OMG, I was absoutely DYING! BUt I can't GIVE UP! And I couldn't anyhow because when I slow down, I get yelled - "Someone else is training harder than you! You better get to it or you'll never get that trophy!" Yep - as you can tell, I was really pumping as much as I can!

Training consisted of sumo wrestling squats doubled with a step jump. It was an interesting combo - one that provides cardio and strength at the same time. Of course, the core didn't get much rest either. That combo was superset with reverse lunges. Then it was time to do ab work with the ab wheel. However, I had my legs attached to the machine that you use for pulldowns to stretch out the hamstrings as well. I did step ups with weights and really deep squats. To allow the legs to have some rest, I worked out my obliques, pulling on a low pulley. I was also doing hamstring presses with the hacksquat machine, leg extentions, and leg curls. As the last "hurrah", I had to do the sumo wresting squats and step jump with a 30lbs. dumbbells.

I'm not sure whether I ate enough or just the fact that I haven't used some of the muscles in awhile but I was really exhausted afterwards.

I have a drive ahead of me so I stopped by the gas station to fill up my gas and get myself together. A lady in the station in front of me accidently spilled coffee on her car. I asked her if she'll need some water to rinse it off. She told me that she'll just wash it off tomorrow. I remembered that coffee is acidic so I told her better use the water to take it off now and then do a wash tomorrow. Ah, so happy that I helped someone that my energy came rushing back.

By the time I got home, the excitement wore out and all I wanted to do is sleep. I took some glutamine, Vitamin C, and chug down some casein. Went to shower and crashed to bed. Lights out.

blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50) blueyedevil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome,

Thanks for adding me... Looking forward to your progress......
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp!!!

Follow my Juggernaut Journey!!!!
    http://tinyurl.com/6u6kcn9

Hear the monster,See the monster,BE THE MONSTER!!!

alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alika2die4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If there is such a word that defines me, I’m a one-person circus. Busy may be an understatement at a first glance at my lifestyle. However, I can’t settle doing anything less. I’m a full-time and freelance web developer, full-time student, and a figure athlete. I only started competing in figure last year so I’m still new in it. Ever since I was introduced to the world of weight lifting, I knew that I found my passion. There is just something wonderful about this feeling of being strong that keeps me coming back, and knowing that I’ll break my own records the more I train. The greatest part is helping and influencing others to also lead a healthier and fitter lifestyle.

This year, my fitness goals include increasing the size of my upper body, giving my lower body a more defined look, give my back much more definition, make my waist smaller, and bring home a trophy from an NPC LVL V competition. There’s going to be so much work to do. But it excites me to see the progress I’m making. Along with fitness goals for myself, I want to help 3 friends this year to reach their own fitness goals. It’s always more fun making strides when there’s company.

Upon reading the contest rules, I felt that Infinite Lab’s philosophy of having fun being a juggernaut, motivate others, and training is in-line of what I’m currently doing. I like what being a juggernaut stood for – “A Juggernaut is an unstoppable moving force that pushes past any boundaries. We will stop at nothing to reach our genetic potential.” Since I’m a go-getter and refuse to step down from a challenge, I'm really STOKED to enter.

I lift 2x a week with my trainer especially for exercises that requires me to grow my strength in such as squatting. Once a week, I do my “touch up” exercises such as chest, triceps, and biceps. My cardio consists of at least 30 min. cardio (but no more than an hour) 4x a week. I try to make cardio “entertaining” so I pick up some dancing or group exercises sometimes to mix it up. Who says cardio has to be boring?

My diet consists of 6 “clean” meals a day and 1 snack. I do my “cheat meal” once a week which substitutes a meal and a snack. My supplementation includes fish/flax oil, BCAA, glutamine, kelp, CLA, L-tyrosine, B-Complex, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. I just ordered my Juggernaut and Infinite Pro 100% Whey Isolate with Infinite Labs. Can’t wait to try them!
    Good luck with the contest!
    Journey is done. See my final pics with Juggernaut HP!
    I am Juggernaut 2012: The Rants and Raves of a Gym Juggernaut: http://tinyurl.com/7txwugw

www.********.com/alika2die4

trying to inspire the twitter masses @ alika2die4

justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) justinjude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks justinjude =) That's really awesome that you're a professional dancer/teacher. What type of dance do you do? So far, I haven't done much... just a little here and there of swing, Argentinean Tango, hip hop, waltz, and traditional Filipino dancing. I was in the UCF FSA Dance Troupe for a few years and just love the rush when we won 1st place in hip hop. It really is fun!!!

I'm in Orlando and I'm aiming for the one first week of June. Don't want to shoot for anything later for the first competition this season just because I want to have one competition before my b-day =)
    hiphop and street styles, but ive dabbled in modern, jazz, ballet, hula/tahitian, salsa/bachata/merrengue...

most of the guys in my dance crew were filipino/hawaiian! komustaaaaaaa????
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

Originally Posted by alika2die4 View Post
    Good luck with the contest!
    Thanks alika2die4 =)

hiphop and street styles, but ive dabbled in modern, jazz, ballet, hula/tahitian, salsa/bachata/merrengue...

most of the guys in my dance crew were filipino/hawaiian! komustaaaaaaa????
    Hahaha yep, not surprised. ESP for the Filipinos. Mabuti!!! Kamusta ka din???

Hahaha yep, not surprised. ESP for the Filipinos. Mabuti!!! Kamusta ka din???
    Ako ay mahusay! Talaga akong nasasabik na panoorin ang iyong pag-unlad!!
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

Before I head to bed, I figure to just log in today's events. Waking up so early today was CRAZY. My body refused to want to get up and I keep wanting to hit the snooze button. But today, I get the opportunity to visit a class in UCF that has a lab that entails lifting. I was so curious that when I found out about it, I ask my manager if I can pleeeeeasseeee come to work later so I can attend. I offered to ask some people in UCF on how we can offer the open acquisition from our department. He gladly allowed me to do so. In turn I had to give him contact info.

Before taking off, I made myself a breakfast shake to take on the go which includes 1/2 cup of Kellogs All Bran Wheat Cereal, a scoop of whey, and a cup of no-fat milk. I took my supps for the morning and took off.

The lab was really interesting. It was a simulation of how the distribution of water for the people during a disaster such as hurricanes or floods. There are 2 subjects that are monitored for their heart rate, exhaustion levels, and amount of distribution per interval for a span of 10 mins. The entire class was video taped for Red Cross.

At the conclusion of the experiment, we gathered that efficiency increases when the cartons of water bottles were lifted using proper form. Additionally, when certain muscles have not been used that is needed for the job, production decreases.

During the experiment, I was the reverse carrier who resets the experiment for the subjects. Thank goodness that I have been doing those sumo squats!!! The job was much easier because of the training last night. Noy Yoko shabby!!! I wasn't even out of breath even when I had to do it for 2 subjects.

And oh yeah this really raised my ego quite a bit. The lab instructor asked if someone can please help her move the treadmill. I jumped on it without hesitation and moved it with my leg. She was so amazed that there were so many guys standing around who can help and a girl did it instead. Yeah, girl power! I may be small, but heck Im still strong ^.^

Meal #2- let's see what I can whip up at UCF's Marketplace - pulled pork, .5 c of veggie soup, .5 c of spinach, .5 c of tofu, pineapple, red beans, chickpeas, and beets.

Meal#3 - 4 oz of yam, 4 oz of chicken,and .5 c of spinach. Take BCAA, L- Caratine, and CLA.
    Meal#4 - .5 cups of spinach and 4oz of flank steak. Take BCAA, L- Caratine, and CLA.

Even when I was tired, I stopped by the gym amd did 15 mins of stair master and 15 mins of elliptical. Take glutamine and Vit. C.

Meal #5 - 2 eggs and 6 strawberries.

Ako ay mahusay! Talaga akong nasasabik na panoorin ang iyong pag-unlad!!
    Tutuoo pa rin! Sina ng turo sa yo?

Tutuoo pa rin! Sina ng turo sa yo?
    hindi ko alam kung magkano ng wika = p pero i am pag-ibig sa pagkain <3

adobo mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

Adobo... Sarap!!! Nag kaiin kayo ng pancit or lumpia?

Adobo... Sarap!!! Nag kaiin kayo ng pancit or lumpia?
    mahal ko pancit, lumpiang, at sinigang!
    Last edited by justinjude; 03-15-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Love the UCF story. Great read. You'll get sore doing anything you aren't used too. Even a different angle on an exercise you've been doing for quite a while.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

mahal ko pancit, lumpiang, at sinigang!
    maganda siyang pumili

Originally Posted by kconnell View Post
    Love the UCF story. Great read. You'll get sore doing anything you aren't used too. Even a different angle on an exercise you've been doing for quite a while.
    Thanks for the advice =)

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doing great in here! Have a good weekend!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

03/16/2012 -

Today's a sloooowwww morning. My body refused to get up and the time change still has my brain thinking that I'm waking up way too early. But at the same time, I do notice that I haven't gotten much sleep lately. I'm breaking one of the top rules which is getting enough rest. I can't blame anyone but myself for feeling "mushy" and bloated since I didn't give my body enough time to build what I have broken down. I'm just glad it's Friday and after I get off work, it's OFF time! ^.^

I noticed that I've been going to the gym every single day since I know I have to log in my activities. Ha, so taking up this challenge is a good motivator for my everyday activities. Yeah, sure, I can make stuff up but that's not going to help me in any shape at all. At the end, the result is what matters. But still, I'm glad to have taken up this challenge to accelerate my progress. =)

Since I'm dragging this morning, my meal#1 included a to-go meal shake that includes 1/2 c. of vanilla strawberry hemp cereal, a scoop of whey, and a c. of no-fat milk. I took in my morning supplements and out the door I go.

We have a "The Biggest Loser" Challenge here at work. I didn't partake in the challenge because it conflicts with my own fitness goals. However, I volunteered to write the weekly newsletters that are sent out to the participants. I think I'm going to write about portion sizes today. I've always wondered whether anyone reads those newsletters. Either they do or not, it's been helping me as well since I can use some time to research fitness tips and advice. I have to say, it's a WIN-WIN situation. =)

We're thinking of going to Bike Week in Daytona this weekend. I'm very antsy that I'll be off-track with my meals. Anyone have suggestions for what to do when there's a road trip ahead?

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Doing great in here! Have a good weekend!
    Thanks John =)

elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elizalane5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will". -Mahatma Gandhi

Happy Friday!! I hope you finally get a little time our of your crazy schedule to breathe and relax this weekend
    Mighty Mouse
    SPT, CPT, CSCS
    Rehab and exercise mad scientist
    Infinite Labs Athlete
    Life goals: educate, motivate, inspire

Originally Posted by elizalane5 View Post
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will". -Mahatma Gandhi

Happy Friday!! I hope you finally get a little time our of your crazy schedule to breathe and relax this weekend
    Thanks Liz =) Have a great weekend to you too!

maganda siyang pumili

Do you cook traditional foods?
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

Meal #2 and Meal #3 consisted of splitting 1 meal into two that consisted of 2 c. of spinach, 2/3 c. of brown rice, 4 oz. of swahi (white fish), and 10 hot banana pepper rings.

A friend drove all the way to my place of work to catch up for a few minutes. Ended up grabbing my "lunch" which would consist of Meal#4 and Meal#5 since I'm practicing portion control. It consisted of slices of steak, spinach, pickles, banana peppers, olives, and tomatoes on a flat bread. Also took my BCAA, CLA, and L-Carnitine.

On the way back, I received an email from HR regarding the article for portion control. It's going to be sent out to the participants next week. However, the concern is that the participants are not as dedicated. I think it's mostly derived from not meeting one's expectations.

Any Juggernauts out there who came through the same experience? How d you motivate and influence others to keep up with their fitness goals and revive them from being buried with guilt from not following their diets thoroughly?

Do you cook traditional foods?
    Yes, I do. Sparingly now though because it goes against my clean diet. But off-season, I'll eat them up =)

NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoCg3Joke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Meal #2 and Meal #3 consisted of splitting 1 meal into two that consisted of 2 c. of spinach, 2/3 c. of brown rice, 4 oz. of swahi (white fish), and 10 hot banana pepper rings.

A friend drove all the way to my place of work to catch up for a few minutes. Ended up grabbing my "lunch" which would consist of Meal#4 and Meal#5 since I'm practicing portion control. It consisted of slices of steak, spinach, pickles, banana peppers, olives, and tomatoes on a flat bread. Also took my BCAA, CLA, and L-Carnitine.

On the way back, I received an email from HR regarding the article for portion control. It's going to be sent out to the participants next week. However, the concern is that the participants are not as dedicated. I think it's mostly derived from not meeting one's expectations.

Any Juggernauts out there who came through the same experience? How d you motivate and influence others to keep up with their fitness goals and revive them from being buried with guilt from not following their diets thoroughly?
    .....I think the word 'diet' draws people away... they have to realize that they're ALLOWED to have 'bad' meals (cheat meals)...but at a limit... like everything else there's a "you give as much as you can and eventually receive what you give out" .... (ie: eat good couple days, cheat meal a day or two) ....and it really comes down to it being a lifestyle change..which sadly people just don't see the benefits of, a lot of them see it as a huge change... which realistically will help them SO MUCH in the long run.

I don't know what to suggest, aside from leading by example & explaining to them scientifically (maybe that'll help.. like how some fats will clog their arteries leading to possible heart attacks, etc.. sadly some people need to be scared to change) ... of course, that is only the last resort I'd say to tell someone

Hope they'll decide to keep at it! 'cause this lifestyle IS REALLY AWESOME once they 'get' it.!
    Henry Pun ---->>> http://www.********.com/iamhyp

My Own Personal Quotes:

{{{ Lift Like A Monster, Train Like A Freak }}}

>>> Aspire to Inspire <<<

.....Keep Killing It

Yes, I do. Sparingly now though because it goes against my clean diet. But off-season, I'll eat them up =)
    Whaaaattt how can chicken/pork simmered in shoyu and vinegar be bad for you?

and commenting on the article, I think what's important in support is letting them know that much like riding a horse, if you fall off for a meal, get right back on where you left off. Most people I've dealt with say "oh well, messed it up today might as well keep going, I'll do it tomorrow" problem is, tomorrow never comes.

If you also let them know, in another article or the same, that even the best the best have a "cheat meal" once a week, then they have omething to look forward to, and may be more apt to stick to the regime, knowing they get a treat once a week.

You can try and scare people, give them all sorts of info why it's better to not eat like horses, but if it doesn't immediately effect them, they may not care.

It's a matter of comforting (read:tricking) them into realizing that it's not that bad, and it will never be "perfect. break the perfect ideal, and results, no matter how miniscule, will follow.
    NASM CPT, CES
    ~Barefooters Crew~

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bike week. Ahhh. Getting food out is a hard task. Most food out is loaded with calories and fat.

There are good choices at most places. But you can always eat half. Also you can check restaurants website for nutrition information.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

Originally Posted by NoCg3Joke View Post
    .....I think the word 'diet' draws people away... they have to realize that they're ALLOWED to have 'bad' meals (cheat meals)...but at a limit... like everything else there's a "you give as much as you can and eventually receive what you give out" .... (ie: eat good couple days, cheat meal a day or two) ....and it really comes down to it being a lifestyle change..which sadly people just don't see the benefits of, a lot of them see it as a huge change... which realistically will help them SO MUCH in the long run.

I don't know what to suggest, aside from leading by example & explaining to them scientifically (maybe that'll help.. like how some fats will clog their arteries leading to possible heart attacks, etc.. sadly some people need to be scared to change) ... of course, that is only the last resort I'd say to tell someone

Hope they'll decide to keep at it! 'cause this lifestyle IS REALLY AWESOME once they 'get' it.!
    Yeah, that's the funniest part. A diet is anything that you pretty much put in your mouth. But of course it's usually inferred towards weightloss. I get teased a lot at work since I eat the most and like how one of my colleagues indicated, "this must be Jan's since there's stuff in here that no one else would eat". And it's just chicken, Brussel sprouts, and brown rice. But ahhhh... Even when this type of lifestyle does have certain restrictions, I think what one of the things I like the most about it is that I get to eat all the time. =)
    "Just Do IT" - Nike

"The biggest adventure you can take is is to live the life of your dreams" - Oprah Winfrey

Bodyspace Account: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/lilmzchief/

FB: https://www.********.com/lilmzchief, https://www.********.com/jmacsworld

http://jmacsworld.com/, https://fitimpressions.com/

Whaaaattt how can chicken/pork simmered in shoyu and vinegar be bad for you?

and commenting on the article, I think what's important in support is letting them know that much like riding a horse, if you fall off for a meal, get right back on where you left off. Most people I've dealt with say "oh well, messed it up today might as well keep going, I'll do it tomorrow" problem is, tomorrow never comes.

If you also let them know, in another article or the same, that even the best the best have a "cheat meal" once a week, then they have omething to look forward to, and may be more apt to stick to the regime, knowing they get a treat once a week.

You can try and scare people, give them all sorts of info why it's better to not eat like horses, but if it doesn't immediately effect them, they may not care.

It's a matter of comforting (read:tricking) them into realizing that it's not that bad, and it will never be "perfect. break the perfect ideal, and results, no matter how miniscule, will follow.
    Hahaha thats true. The one winning the challenge now though is my officemate. I've been trying to convince him to eat more often. It's pretty amusing stepping into the office and seeing me with my big bowl of food and his small container and do a comparison. Or when he's stuffing up in quest and chips and I'm stuffing my face with spinach. Nevertheless, it's great that he's making strides towards his goal =)
    "Just Do IT" - Nike

"The biggest adventure you can take is is to live the life of your dreams" - Oprah Winfrey

Bodyspace Account: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/lilmzchief/

FB: https://www.********.com/lilmzchief, https://www.********.com/jmacsworld

http://jmacsworld.com/, https://fitimpressions.com/