Closed Thread
Page 3 of 251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Underwrought View Post
    Not doing this with you in this thread. I am only here to make sure people understand whats going on.
    Masks help, but without properly knowing how to put on/remove them they can do more harm then good. Simply educate yourselves. Hes not trolling, he is stating facts.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
    I read a study that n95 masks can be reused up to 100 times if disinfected in a Clorox solution (donno if other bleach brands apply, study used clorox). So I have a few but those are reserved incase an outbreak happens and for some chit reason I have to leave my home to venture out into public.

BRB will link study when I find it.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177444201

FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's an awesome "sick map" that tracks the number of confirmed cases across the world. Pretty interesting data to keep an eye on....

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheHaws View Post
    Masks help, but without properly knowing how to put on/remove them they can do more harm then good. Simply educate yourselves. Hes not trolling, he is stating facts.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
    I read a study that n95 masks can be reused up to 100 times if disinfected in a Clorox solution (donno if other bleach brands apply, study used clorox). So I have a few but those are reserved incase an outbreak happens and for some chit reason I have to leave my home to venture out into public.

If you can get your hands on a P100 respirator, and practice proper donning/doffing/disinfecting procedures, you don't even need to do that.

I would be worried about the material breaking down from soaking in any kind of solution...

TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Anachron View Post
    If you can get your hands on a P100 respirator, and practice proper donning/doffing/disinfecting procedures, you don't even need to do that.

I would be worried about the material breaking down from soaking in any kind of solution...
    Thats what the study was looking at, if they broke down and if they still protected from a virus, and breakdown didn't start until the 100th time.

The worry about p100 is people. I am more afraid of panic'd people jumping me for my big military looking respirator, would rather look like the common person and its almost as effective (not just as effective tho). The reality is I will only have to reuse a mask a few times if at all. I have enough to stay hunkered down and at least 1000 days worth of mask use given this 100 guideline which is WAY MORE than needed.

But even improper handling of p100 can cause infection, anyone using any mask should watch a video on how to properly wear and remove it and how to effectively disinfect it.

Against the CDC and other health administrations, I say the general public SHOULD have a minor supply of masks depending on their family size. The scare is we really do have a shortage for hospitals, but that doesn't change that the general public probably should look at having a few. I got all mine from hardware stores, no need to order online at massively inflated rates.
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177444201

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thats what the study was looking at, if they broke down and if they still protected from a virus, and breakdown didn't start until the 100th time.

The worry about p100 is people. I am more afraid of panic'd people jumping me for my big military looking respirator, would rather look like the common person and its almost as effective (not just as effective tho). The reality is I will only have to reuse a mask a few times if at all. I have enough to stay hunkered down and at least 1000 days worth of mask use given this 100 guideline which is WAY MORE than needed.

But even improper handling of p100 can cause infection, anyone using any mask should watch a video on how to properly wear and remove it and how to effectively disinfect it.

Against the CDC and other health administrations, I say the general public SHOULD have a minor supply of masks depending on their family size. The scare is we really do have a shortage for hospitals, but that doesn't change that the general public probably should look at having a few. I got all mine from hardware stores, no need to order online at massively inflated rates.
    Wow, I am actually surprised at the resilience of the disposable masks then.

Yeah I am still searching for the study because obv you don't want to add too much bleach or else u will **** up the mask, but you can reuse. Will post as soon as its found so you can do your own research.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post
    "The only reason to fear the coronovirus is if you are elderly or are immunocompromised. For the young & healthy, you are very unlikely to contract the virus or die from it."

You are, in fact, extremely likely to contract the virus, just unlikely to be sick enough to require medical attention or even to realize that you have it. People do need to realize that they may already be a contagious carrier and that even mild flu-like symptoms may mean they're endangering the lives of friends and loved ones, not to mention strangers, by going about their normal routines without thinking.

People who become significantly ill are sometimes requiring weeks of costly supportive care and are a major social burden straining public health systems that everyone should take seriously. The goal of all the drama is to slow infection enough that hospitals won't become overwhelmed and unable to perform their duties as they did in Hubei. Washington State, the British NHS, and other governments are being open about this problem and people being conscientious about cross-contamination and social distancing buys time - and reduces the number of fatal cases before more effective treatments or a vaccine can be brought to market.

About the server, I believe you, but just LOL.
    Do you have any scientific studies or evidence to back up your claims?

The CDC doest work for you and me. It works for the Federal Govt. I work in the Federal Govt. I know how these things work. They are only saying that to try and preserve supplies to hospitals and their own staff.

N95 masks or higher will 100% filter the virus. Well 97.7 or so %. If you're around people caughing or sneezing with the virus IT WILL WORK.

If masks didn't work why are medical staff using them? Are they magical humans? They are trained to use them yes, but it's not rocket science to properly use them.
    If you have any scientific studies that back up your claims, I will allow it. Until then I will continue to delete your posts for fearmongering and spreading false information (unless you can scientifically confirm it with human peer to peer reviewed studies).

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd like to post a map on the front page with the number of viral infections in the US. The CDC has a map, but it's just global. If anyone has a better one, let me know. Right now, I'm trying to get a full screen image of this map from the nytimes but I can't get a full screen shot or capture the image of it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Yeah again CLEARLY you need to use it correctly. I really dont see why people feel the need to detail that out every time masks are talked about. It seems to me a way of almost dismissing the need for masks by those who dont have them?

Also NO WAY is a mask worn improperly WORSE than not having anything. There is nothing worse than not having anything. The ONLY reasonable argument ive seen is if you have a mask, and if you're constantly touching it to adjust/whatever, you are touching your face area more than if you didn't have one. Again thats operator error, cant ever stop that from happening to those who are going to do it anyway.

That is VERY interesting about the paper/fibrous n95 masks being reusable. I had suspected as much so long as the fibers arent damaged. Also brand of bleach doesnt matter so long as its the same percentage of Sodium hypochlorite and a few other ingredients. Though thats the main ingredient in bleach. Generally all bleach is the exact same but if you wanted to be 100% I guess pay more for clorox.

I have a few n95 but mostly p95 and p100 respirators. Not worried about people trying to jump me for my mask. I have a CHP and carry. But even then this isnt the movies, people arent going to be killing people for their supplies.

Not the study I originally read but here this is in the mean time. This study also shows other methods to disinfecting but doesn't continue the process until break down of the mask like the other study. Slow day at work so I will keep looking.

Bleach method: Thirty minutes submersion in 0.6% (one part bleach to nine parts of deionized water) aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite (original concentration = 6% available as Cl2). Manufacturing specification: 6.00 ± 0.06% (w/w) available chlorine; Cat no. 7495.7-1, CAS no. 7732-18-5 (Ricca Chemical Company, Pequannock, NJ, USA). After treatment, FFRs were hung on a laboratory pegboard and allowed to air-dry overnight with assistance from a freestanding fan.

Bleach results: Metallic nosebands were slightly tarnished and visibly not as shiny when compared with their as-received counterparts. SN95-E inner nose comfort cushion was discolored. Following air-drying overnight (16 h), all FFRs were dry to the touch and all still had a characteristic smell of bleach.

Take a look at the tables in the further part of the study for more details on the effectiveness. TBH this isn't ideal but better than nothing imo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781738/

EDIT:

Keep in mind, these masks are only certified for 1 time use by the manufacturers.

"In 2006, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) published Reusability of Facemasks During an Influenza Pandemic: Facing the Flu in which it acknowledged that a pandemic situation may require extended use, multiple use, or even decontamination of disposable face masks and respirators."
    Source: http://blogs.hcpro.com/osha/2009/05/...pirator-reuse/
    Link to chapter referenced: https://www.nap.edu/read/11637/chapter/5#43
    Last edited by TheHaws; 03-05-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post

If you have any scientific studies that back up your claims, I will allow it. Until then I will continue to delete your posts for fearmongering and spreading false information (unless you can scientifically confirm it with human peer to peer reviewed studies).
    I dont understand why this is an open thread then? Clearly you dont want discussion, so why not just close it and have people submit information to you for you to post? Im not about to do all the legwork for someone else free of charge.

Not the study I originally read but here this is in the mean time. This study also shows other methods to disinfecting but doesn't continue the process until break down of the mask like the other study. Slow day at work so I will keep looking.

Bleach method: Thirty minutes submersion in 0.6% (one part bleach to nine parts of deionized water) aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite (original concentration = 6% available as Cl2). Manufacturing specification: 6.00 ± 0.06% (w/w) available chlorine; Cat no. 7495.7-1, CAS no. 7732-18-5 (Ricca Chemical Company, Pequannock, NJ, USA). After treatment, FFRs were hung on a laboratory pegboard and allowed to air-dry overnight with assistance from a freestanding fan.

Bleach results: Metallic nosebands were slightly tarnished and visibly not as shiny when compared with their as-received counterparts. SN95-E inner nose comfort cushion was discolored. Following air-drying overnight (16 h), all FFRs were dry to the touch and all still had a characteristic smell of bleach.

Take a look at the tables in the further part of the study for more details on the effectiveness. TBH this isn't ideal but better than nothing imo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2781738/
    This is really good news, actually should be a thread by itself.

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Real question here:

Isn't a virus small enough to pass thru a standard surgical mask?
    445/340/545

Originally Posted by jeshelton View Post
    Real question here:

Surgical masks, yes, N95 no.

Surgical masks have the benefit of limiting the spray from infected people. People that are infected MUST wear masks.

This is really good news, actually should be a thread by itself.
    Prob best not to flood misc, a lot of people still want to keep their head in the sand. I will keep posting information and studies I have read about mask reusability for those with limited supply.

My best advice for multiple people households is:

- Designate 1 person to wear the mask/gloves and do any EMERGENCY supply gathering (you shouldn't be leaving your home at all if you can help it)
    - Prepare a 5 gallon bucket with a clorox solution
    - Have a back up mask while the other mask is drying.
    - Be ready with a clean room in your home/apartment (plastic and ductape the door) to quarentine the mask wearer or anyone else if they should get sick.

From what I am reading, regardless of disinfecting the mask the mask should never be used by other people.

chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ispy View Post
    been reading a lot of discussions like this one lately: https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/s...39113298759680

sucks that there's not a lot of testing going on in the states.
    Im kind of perplexed with this issue. Should we start mandatory testing little kids who can spread the virus while never showing any symptoms? How do we choose what kids will be tested in Seattle? All of them? What if parents refuse?

And 6 out of the 11 deaths are from a retirement home. This has probably been spreading for months. Is this really a pandemic?
    I was always looking at the finger pointing at
    the moon. Now I'm just looking at the moon.
    And there’s no me looking. There’s just looking.

This is the closet youre going to get to 'evidence' they are telling people to not get masks to preserve for medical personal. https://www.livescience.com/face-mas...ronavirus.html

"A more specialized mask, known as an N95 respirator, can protect against the new coronavirus, also called SARS-CoV-2. The respirator is thicker than a surgical mask, but neither Schaffner nor the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) recommend it for public use, at least not at this point."

"While it still might be possible to snag an N95 respirator online, Schaffner advised against it. If too many people unnecessarily stockpile respirators, a shortage could put the health of medical workers and those who need them at risk, Schaffner said."

Real question here:

See above article. It will pass through a standard surgical mask. But the virus is carried on mucus droplets much bigger which a surgical mask will block SOME of it. But n95 or higher is really the only true effective protection.

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Pogue-

Could you re-title the old thread "COVID Chat 1", sticky it and close it. Add a post at the end to redirect people to "COVID Chat 2" and start a second topic specific chat thread that is also stickied.

Then maybe add "News and Science" to this thread title?

That should fix the long thread bogging down the server issue AND let people still discuss unofficial/personal COVID stuff if the want to use the Chat thread while sharing actual news and studies in this thread.

Unless someone has a better idea. I'm anti-censorship so this would give a spot for "official/mainstream" stuff and still give us a place to share the unofficial, which I think has some value because I totally believe that the official story is crafted with intent, possible very good intent, but there is some censorship/spin.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    Hey Pogue-

Could you re-title the old thread "COVID Chat 1", sticky it and close it. Add a post at the end to redirect people to "COVID Chat 2" and start a second topic specific chat thread that is also stickied.

That should fix the long thread bogging down the server issue AND let people still discuss unofficial/personal COVID stuff if the want to use the Chat thread while sharing actual news and studies in this thread.

Unless someone has a better idea. I'm anti-censorship so this would give a spot for "official/mainstream" stuff and still give us a place to share the unofficial, which I think has some value because I totally believe that the official story is crafted with intent, possible very good intent, but there is some censorship/spin.
    This would be nice to have a thread just for chat and speculations and one for studies, news and other facts. Keep the two separated.

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here are relevant public policy pronouncements:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/u...ton-state.html

"The regional health care system is “under incredible stress right now,†said Patty Hayes, director for public health for Seattle and King County. “We need to slow the spread of disease to the point where our health care system can continue to handle the load."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-k-medic-says

"The U.K. has moved largely from trying to contain the outbreak to an attempt to delay an upsurge, Whitty said. If possible, the government will take measures aimed at trying to delay the peak of infections to avoid the winter months when pressure on the NHS is greatest, he said. It isn’t known whether the virus will spread more slowly in warmer weather, he said."

NPR has already reported on likely deaths from other conditions in China because hospitals are unable to accept people needing critical care due to the burden created by this epidemic.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...th-coronavirus

The CDC has, among other things, already advised households to consider preparing separate rooms and bathrooms to isolate those who become sick:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-COVID-19.html

Nurses in Wuhan were not wearing diapers as fashion statements. They literally could not stop to piss because of the severe shortage of personnel due to the uncontrolled spread of this virus. The public policy issue that governments are sacrificing their economies and wrecking school semesters over is the fear that the wheels will come off their health care systems during what is already flu season. Community spread is not occurring through telepathy, it's occurring through people who are already colonized by the virus and don't realize what they're doing when they wipe their face then grab the handle of their taxi door.

There is no need for hysteria here, but you are a surface. We are all surfaces. Keeping the spread slow so that these very resource-intensive cases can be managed is vital, and this has always been the underlying problem that is causing the harsh reaction, despite the woodchucks with ZZ Top beards who list their education as "The School of Hard Knocks" on ******** misunderstanding flu statistics and claiming that their "common sense" tells them the media made it up. Your phrasing could easily mislead people into thinking this is a fine time to do their usual chit like hang out in crowded clubs or book flights, which it isn't.

I also agree with Underwrought that while masks are not the most logical choice right now, the CDC's initial position was that people buying them were creating a shortage for the public sector. It's obvious why they're discouraging people from buying them. Some American cities are already losing the use of significant numbers of their fire and rescue personnel to two-week quarantines.

https://www.khq.com/news/twenty-seve...b787ff831.html
    Last edited by ANumber1; 03-05-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

That is VERY interesting about the paper/fibrous n95 masks being reusable. I had suspected as much so long as the fibers arent damaged. Also brand of bleach doesnt matter so long as its the same percentage of Sodium hypochlorite and a few other ingredients. Though thats the main ingredient in bleach. Generally all bleach is the exact same but if you wanted to be 100% I guess pay more for clorox.
    Yeah I have read tons of studies that all bleach is the same, I am just using clorox because that is what the study used, I'd be comfortable with any brand though.

Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This would be nice to have a thread just for chat and speculations and one for studies, news and other facts. Keep the two separated.
    Seconded. A thread for info, strictly vetted/official sources without chat, and a separate thread for everything else + chat would be great.
    Virtue is its own reward.

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Surgical masks, yes, N95 no.
    See above article. It will pass through a standard surgical mask. But the virus is carried on mucus droplets much bigger which a surgical mask will block SOME of it. But n95 or higher is really the only true effective protection.
    I've have yet to see one person wear any type of N95 mask or respirator, only the surgical cheapo style.
    445/340/545

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've have yet to see one person wear any type of N95 mask or respirator, only the surgical cheapo style.
    I had an Asian chick board my JetBlue flight to Vegas a month ago in a full-face Darth Vader respirator. Was lulz.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 5x10 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Op, your thoughts on the Chinese quarantining 100s of millions of people?
    Dallas Cowboys

Lifted for 30 years

Ass > tits
    No Debt Crew

Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Until then I will continue to delete your posts for fearmongering and spreading false information (unless you can scientifically confirm it with human peer to peer reviewed studies).
    WTF is this? You're better than this Pogue.

Censorship is ghey mkay. We were doing fine till you decided to butt in. 99% of the bullchit claims are called out and ridiculed. Deleting tho? Really? We're not children, we don't need the protecting.
    Virtue is its own reward.

Technically, surgical masks still help from stopping you touching your face, but there isn't many other benefits to it.

Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
    Op, your thoughts on the Chinese quarantining 100s of millions of people?
    Not op but... Unprecedented. It is pretty massive considering that is almost a 3rd of the population of the USA. I doubt any other countries can do this. People in Wuhan are going a little crazy though, the mental health impact of the lockdown is really effecting people from what I am seeing from news and video.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...EONle0e3fypu17

NH DHHS, Division of Public Health Services September 2011

How to Properly Make and Use Sanitizers &Disinfectants Health Officers Manual Page 1 of 1

Provided by The Manchester Health Department (603) 624-6466

How to Properly Make and Use Sanitizers & Disinfectants

SANITIZING FOOD CONTACT SURFACES

A solution of bleach and water should be used to sanitize all food
    preparation and contact surfaces.

1 tablespoon of bleach per 1 gallon of water will give you a
    50-200 ppm sanitizing solution.

This can be used to sanitize dishes, utensils, food preparation counters and tables.
    * Make sure that you use only UNSCENTED bleach for food contact surfaces and that
    you are using chemical test strips to check the sanitizer concentration. All spray bottles
    must be clearly labeled with contents.*

DISINFECTING CHANGING TABLES, BATHROOMS, TOYS

All changing tables/diapering areas, bathrooms and toys must be disinfected after each
    use. The following solution of bleach and water should be used on these surfaces:
    1 tablespoon of bleach per 1 quart of water

OR

¼ cup of bleach per 1 gallon of water
    This will give you a 500-800 ppm disinfecting solution. Remake solution daily.
    Soaking method for toys:

Wash and rinse toys to remove any visible dirt. Soak toys in a solution of
    ¾ cup of bleach per gallon of water for 5 minutes. Rinse toys and allow to fully air dry.

IN CASE OF ACCIDENTS AND ILLNESS

For all surfaces impacted by ill children (vomiting, diarrhea), a stronger solution of
    bleach and water is required.

1/3 cup bleach per 1 gallon of water

OR

2 tablespoons bleach per 1 quart water.

This will give you a 1000+ ppm disinfecting solution.
    After cleaning the area with detergent, spray or wipe with surfaces with the disinfectant.
    Make sure to allow surfaces to fully air dry.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

As an upstanding member of the misc, I fully support deleting/negging posts from these fear-mongering assclowns.
    See title.

Always Neg Back Crew.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Bleach also can be used to purify water, always good to just keep a few bottles on hand. Worst case ontario, you have cleaning supplies for the next few months stored up. Best case, you are prepared if something happens to the workers at water purification plants.

I dont understand why this is an open thread then? Clearly you dont want discussion, so why not just close it and have people submit information to you for you to post? Im not about to do all the legwork for someone else free of charge.
    What I want to back up your claims with some valid science. I don't know you from Adam, but you come in here making all these claims with zero backup. That's just not going to fly. This thread is for informative purposes for helping people understand the virus and so forth. I never intended it to turn into a debate about masks and etc.

This is the closet youre going to get to 'evidence' they are telling people to not get masks to preserve for medical personal. https://www.livescience.com/face-mas...ronavirus.html
    So these are industry certified masks but no one has completed a single scientific study on them? Only info from the mfg has the claims? Try going to www.pubmed.com and typing in n95 or other terms similar and see if you can find a study.

Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    Hey Pogue-

Are others in this thread in agreement with this?

Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    WTF is this? You're better than this Pogue.

Censorship is ghey mkay. We were doing fine till you decided to butt in. 99% of the bullchit claims are called out and ridiculed. Deleting tho? Really? We're not children, we don't need the protecting.
    I'm not going to allow misinformation to pervade this thread. Just like I'm not going to allow Alex Jones types to come in here and tell me this was an engineered bioweapon or any other nonsense. If the information posted happens to be true, I'll go back and undelete it. Otherwise, until I see scientific data up to my standards I'm not going to let it hang around.