Page 232 of 329 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 9848
    hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LazerTag View Post
    Are you saying to lose 13lbs of fat? That would bring me down from 14% to less than 8%...
    Your 13lbs will have fat, water, glycogen, muscle, other nutrients and other bodily fluids loss in the calculation (not to mention all bf% estimates and weight guesses are estimates with a varying range of error).

I am afraid the idea of just dividing your total body weight by 100 and then multiply body fat percentage to give your body fat vs lean mass ratio is not a reliable source.

Its not that simple for weight loss. You wont be 8% at 180lbs.

My avi is near enough the same height as you (6ft 2) and I am 180-182lbs and around 12% to give you an estimate.

Like I said you will most likely need to go low on your body fat for abs as you are unlikely to have enough mass simply put as generally the core should be visible around 14%. Is a tad hard to tell as your arms are up therefore stretching your core out but you have visible ribs and the hip divide associated with sub 15% but have not got inner cut on the back V which is noticeable at around 12% on most men.

LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50) LazerTag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Your 13lbs will have fat, water, glycogen, muscle, other nutrients and other bodily fluids loss in the calculation (not to mention all bf% estimates and weight guesses are estimates with a varying range of error).
    Are you saying there is no way to lose fat without losing the other items; even with a delicate recomp plan?

BTW, thanks for the assessment and I agree with everything else you have said.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by danny287 View Post
    Thank you. Could you estimate my bf in these photos? Weighed in around 205 here but not exactly sure.

https://imgur.com/a/YzaZOQM
    Hello Hardyboysare. You estimated this person at 24%-25%. I was wondering if you really think I’m closer to 20%?

My pics are very similar - only that I have upper ab showing. And my upper ab always shows even at 30%+.

Do you still think I’m close to 20%? In my most recent pic I put on 2lbs on a 7 day vacation (had two days about 6000 calories each day lol - yes it was worth it ;] )

Thanks for your help!!!
    **^^ gone ^^**

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LazerTag View Post
    Are you saying there is no way to lose fat without losing the other items; even with a delicate recomp plan?

BTW, thanks for the assessment and I agree with everything else you have said.
    Not really. I guess it could be possible if you took things very slowly but at a point muscle growth simply won't occur therefore over a prolonged period of deficit the likelihood that some muscle loss will occur is somewhat possible as very long periods without switching gears to a mass building phase is likely to lose some muscle.

Its a balance once you start getting leaner (closer to 10ish% bf seems to be the level) your body will utilize lean mass a bit more for energy no matter how much you try and stop it simply because body fat is needed in the human body it cares not that you prefer to be lean, that is not evolutionary advantageous therefore excess lean mass will be surrendered.

Its the same way that really lean (sub 10% is about right) gain fat quicker when eating excess calories as their bodies are primed to hit a certain fat storage in order to be classed as 'healthy range' of fat (this varies from person to person).

As for the other stuff a deficit must occur even on a recomp so less substance is available therefore weight will drop due to that, plus most people drop carbs which is prone to water and glycogen weight shifts so that will drop. As for other hormonal fluids well that is basically from being in a caloric deficit no tricks are really beneficial as the moment you go into a caloric deficit they will occur.

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Hello Hardyboysare. You estimated this person at 24%-25%. I was wondering if you really think I’m closer to 20%?

My pics are very similar - only that I have upper ab showing. And my upper ab always shows even at 30%+.

Do you still think I’m close to 20%? In my most recent pic I put on 2lbs on a 7 day vacation (had two days about 6000 calories each day lol - yes it was worth it ;] )

Thanks for your help!!!
    In short yes.

There is always a range of error with estimates as everyone is genetically different for fat storage. However what tells me you are lower is not only the upper core definition is also the slight hip divide.

And although contradictory to what I stated to another user above its the ratio of height vs weight. In leaner individuals and more muscular individuals this doesn't always work but for the average person a certain height vs weight helps to estimate how much body fat you can actually have.

You are 5' 8" at 168lbs. The other users beginner pic is 5' 8" at 205lbs a nearly 37lb increase. This will not be all lean body mass some will be fat.

Gixxer600r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am 5ft9, 185lbs. Pics are in my bodyspace gallery if someone can please give me an estimate.
    Motorhead!

Current stats:

Weight: 185lbs.
    Height: 5ft9.
    BF: 13.4%

Current rides:

Opel Corsa D 1.4 (The eco run).
    Kawasaki Ninja 300.
    Soon: Suzuki GSXR600.
    Soon: BMW e36 328i (Track).

Originally Posted by Gixxer600r View Post
    I am 5ft9, 185lbs. Pics are in my bodyspace gallery if someone can please give me an estimate.
    About 13-14%

Gixxer600r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    About 13-14%
    Thank you for the estimate.
    Motorhead!

Current stats:

Weight: 185lbs.
    Height: 5ft9.
    BF: 13.4%

Current rides:

Opel Corsa D 1.4 (The eco run).
    Kawasaki Ninja 300.
    Soon: Suzuki GSXR600.
    Soon: BMW e36 328i (Track).

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In short yes.

There is always a range of error with estimates as everyone is genetically different for fat storage. However what tells me you are lower is not only the upper core definition is also the slight hip divide.

And although contradictory to what I stated to another user above its the ratio of height vs weight. In leaner individuals and more muscular individuals this doesn't always work but for the average person a certain height vs weight helps to estimate how much body fat you can actually have.

You are 5' 8" at 168lbs. The other users beginner pic is 5' 8" at 205lbs a nearly 37lb increase. This will not be all lean body mass some will be fat.
    Thank you sir!! Tried repping but got this message “ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hardyboysare again.”

Question: I have been trying to recomp (unless I’m on vacation; then I’m happily binging lol)
    - I was able to cut and gain strength at 1900 calories a day. Then I stalled and started getting bad DOMS and got sick
    - increased calories to 2100. Started progressing and 2 weeks in, stalled and started feeling DOMS again and almost got sick.
    - bumped calories to 2300. Progressing and eating between 2300 and 2550 a day. Feeling like a champ. No DOMS hardly. Progressing. Weight staying approx the same in that range.

I realized I’m eating Too much so cut back to 2300 but only 2 days in, I’m starting to get mid leveL DOMS and can feel that legs have not recovered.

As a Fat / skinny fat, should I just eat on the 2300 to 2550 range? I am worried that’s too many calories and bodyfat will not drop and also muscle gains not optimal since I’m not lean enough due to partitioning. What’s the best thing to do? I already feel too skinny so don’t want to just straight cut either.

I’m doing ICF 5x5 and lifts have gone up.
    These are starting 8rep max and ending 5rep max

Squat: empty bar to 105lbs (slow due to leg recovery issues. Better since bumping calories)
    Bench: 85lbs to 115lbs (slow due to very old shoulder injury)
    Deadlift: 85lbs to 155lbs

I used to be on a 3x8 program and switched to ICF 5x5. Gaining strength. Measurements are almost staying that same.

I just want to make sure I’m not making any mistakes.

Should I continue eating 2300 to 2550 range (hunger/DOMS based) and continue on ICF 5x5? My goal is purely aesthetic and max muscle mass gain. Strength can come along but not the primary concern.

Thanks
    Last edited by TryingBB; 10-24-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    **^^ gone ^^**

RoidHater is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool What you think my body fat is?

21 y/o 5’10 between 165lbs and 170

Relaxed and Flexed.

Any knowledgeable people want to guess what my % is please?

Originally Posted by RoidHater View Post
    21 y/o 5’10 between 165lbs and 170

Relaxed and Flexed.

Any knowledgeable people want to guess what my % is please?
    No pics so unable to estimate please post on your bodyspace.

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Thank you sir!! Tried repping but got this message “ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hardyboysare again.”

Question: I have been trying to recomp (unless I’m on vacation; then I’m happily binging lol)
    - I was able to cut and gain strength at 1900 calories a day. Then I stalled and started getting bad DOMS and got sick
    - increased calories to 2100. Started progressing and 2 weeks in, stalled and started feeling DOMS again and almost got sick.
    - bumped calories to 2300. Progressing and eating between 2300 and 2550 a day. Feeling like a champ. No DOMS hardly. Progressing. Weight staying approx the same in that range.

I realized I’m eating Too much so cut back to 2300 but only 2 days in, I’m starting to get mid leveL DOMS and can feel that legs have not recovered.

As a Fat / skinny fat, should I just eat on the 2300 to 2550 range? I am worried that’s too many calories and bodyfat will not drop and also muscle gains not optimal since I’m not lean enough due to partitioning. What’s the best thing to do? I already feel too skinny so don’t want to just straight cut either.

I’m doing ICF 5x5 and lifts have gone up.
    These are starting 8rep max and ending 5rep max

Squat: empty bar to 105lbs (slow due to leg recovery issues. Better since bumping calories)
    Bench: 85lbs to 115lbs (slow due to very old shoulder injury)
    Deadlift: 85lbs to 155lbs

I used to be on a 3x8 program and switched to ICF 5x5. Gaining strength. Measurements are almost staying that same.

I just want to make sure I’m not making any mistakes.

Should I continue eating 2300 to 2550 range (hunger/DOMS based) and continue on ICF 5x5? My goal is purely aesthetic and max muscle mass gain. Strength can come along but not the primary concern.

Thanks
    Recomps are hard as discussed before and at a point it may be prudent to tackle one goal head on. As your goal is purely aesthetics sometimes allowing strength to take a hit in order to cut to the leanness you want maybe acceptable. I know when I cut I barely add any muscle I just except that as my strength plummets when I am deep in especially squats.

You will need to do both at some point (build muscle or cut fat) so if you feel you are not making enough success on a recomp at the speed you like. Recomps can take years one of the problems with them is short term goals are very difficult to see however long term goals are believed to be similar to bulking/ cutting cycles (science yet has proven different current study being conducted but results will most likely not be out until 2021).

Therefore you will consider if you are happy with your progress if not then pick one goal losing fat or building muscle. If you are happy run with the calories you have stated and progress as much as possible but even then you will stall at some point as extra calories are required to stimulate progress. If you want to instead focus on a single target then either drop or increase calories depending what/ if you choice. The training program may need to change slightly if you choose one target but that isn't essential.

Hooper85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stats: 6'2'', 176 lbs, 35 years old. Last DEXA (a month ago) had me at 15.6% BF. LBM of 150 lbs and 27.5 lbs of fat.

Pics on my dashboard.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, I'm approaching the end of my planned bulk (129lbs-155lbs). Got about 7 more lbs to go.

Interested in getting a BF% estimation update. I feel I've gained a good bit of muscle, good bit of fat, great bit of strength, and a good amount of water in the process. However, I feel the fat gain has accelerated as of late for whatever reason. Not too distraught over it, needed to gain some back.

Anyways, either going to take the bulk to 170lbs or get to 155lbs and cut for about 10lbs. I'd like to stay on the leaner side for right now. Going to decide once I reach 155lbs.

Below is a pic of me in December at 129lbs, the next 3 are current at about 148lbs. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Well, I'm approaching the end of my planned bulk (129lbs-155lbs). Got about 7 more lbs to go.

Interested in getting a BF% estimation update. I feel I've gained a good bit of muscle, good bit of fat, great bit of strength, and a good amount of water in the process. However, I feel the fat gain has accelerated as of late for whatever reason. Not too distraught over it, needed to gain some back.

Anyways, either going to take the bulk to 170lbs or get to 155lbs and cut for about 10lbs. I'd like to stay on the leaner side for right now. Going to decide once I reach 155lbs.

Below is a pic of me in December at 129lbs, the next 3 are current at about 148lbs. Thanks in advance.
    Easily below 10%, I'd say between 7-8% BF.

Can you tell me how you got so lean? I'm currently at around 15-16% bf and trying to make that leap to 10%.

lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500) lastchance2019 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Only have rear back shot here..

Guessing 16-18%

https://ibb.co/6vGzkYw

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hooper85 View Post
    Can you tell me how you got so lean? I'm currently at around 15-16% bf and trying to make that leap to 10%.
    Appreciate the estimate.

Well, for about 22 years of my life I was obese and eventually got up to ~320lbs. Ran a healthy deficit with keto (helped me sustain a bit) for about 2.5 years, while training my tail off, keeping protein as high as I could and got way too lean at 129lbs. Lost a lot of strength and muscle in the process. Really didn't know what I was doing towards the end of my loss phase. Long story short, felt way worse at 129lbs than I ever remember feeling at 320lbs.

Really man, to get there, just healthy habits and willpower. Once I created healthy habits and started seeing progress it kind of just became second nature to me. To a fault really. Ended up beating myself into the ground without the proper nutrition to back it up.

Would do it all over the same way though honestly. I lean more towards experience being such a better teacher than what a study says*, what a trainer says, etc.

*Not swearing off studies, they definitely have their place. We are all just so varied that I believe we must find what is optimal for us on our own most of the time.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

I will warn you that it does become significantly harder to keep progressing in fat loss at sub-10, while trying to hold on to muscle. Wouldn't even advise it unless you have everything set up perfectly.

riibes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1.80m
    80.7kg

started gym 2 months ago. im with caloric deficit but trying to maintain 130g~140g protein intake per day
    bf estimate?
    Attached Images

I would agree with 7-8%. I would advise carrying on bulk as based on your previous pics I have seen you have gained minimal fat at all looks more like glycogen replenishment and mainly muscle. I can't see where you can cut 10lbs of fat?

Stats: 6'2'', 176 lbs, 35 years old. Last DEXA (a month ago) had me at 15.6% BF. LBM of 150 lbs and 27.5 lbs of fat.

Pics on my dashboard.
    Sounds about right I would have said 16%.

Originally Posted by lastchance2019 View Post
    Only have rear back shot here..

Guessing 16-18%

https://ibb.co/6vGzkYw
    I am afraid I will need a front pic as that is where most men hold their excess fat.

Originally Posted by riibes View Post
    1.80m
    80.7kg

started gym 2 months ago. im with caloric deficit but trying to maintain 130g~140g protein intake per day
    bf estimate?
    Not very good pic as you are bent over and its dark. But around 19% seems about right.

I would agree with 7-8%. I would advise carrying on bulk as based on your previous pics I have seen you have gained minimal fat at all looks more like glycogen replenishment and mainly muscle. I can't see where you can cut 10lbs of fat?

I am afraid I will need a front pic as that is where most men hold their excess fat.

Not very good pic as you are bent over and its dark. But around 19% seems about right.
    Appreciate it.

I'm leaning towards taking the bulk to 170 at least. I really don't have any interest in getting up past 180lb right now. That could change when I reach 170lbs. Who the hell knows.

riibes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thank you. I want to go down to 15% bodyfat, I'm doing 3 times a week (pull, push, legs) and maintaning a caloric deficit at least 6 times a week because one day I take to enjoy life (drink, go out with friends), to go from 19 to 15% gaining mass and losing some fat, how long would it take?

I dont know in US, but I have 38cm neck and 85cm waist, this gave me 18.2% in a calculator I did, it was simillar than physical avaliation I did..

I'm a beginner and most of the times is being hard for me to see a change in scale, in 2 months I went from 83.5kg to 80.7kg. But I'm seeing lot of differences in arms, chest and shoulders (upper body) but having difficulty seeing results/differences in stomach..

Originally Posted by riibes View Post
    Thank you. I want to go down to 15% bodyfat, I'm doing 3 times a week (pull, push, legs) and maintaning a caloric deficit at least 6 times a week because one day I take to enjoy life (drink, go out with friends), to go from 19 to 15% gaining mass and losing some fat, how long would it take?

I dont know in US, but I have 38cm neck and 85cm waist, this gave me 18.2% in a calculator I did, it was simillar than physical avaliation I did..

I'm a beginner and most of the times is being hard for me to see a change in scale, in 2 months I went from 83.5kg to 80.7kg. But I'm seeing lot of differences in arms, chest and shoulders (upper body) but having difficulty seeing results/differences in stomach..
    It is difficult to say, as recomps are awkward things they don't show obvious short term progress as you have seen. In order to see progress on your stomach you will need to carry out a proper cutting phase. It is near impossible to build visual abs and lose fat the same time as they will require you to be low bf% which recomps generally don't succeed in unless you start lean.

Not to say you should start one as building muscle is the harder part. So if you are successfully building muscle and losing fat just carry on until that stalls completely no matter how you progress at the gym (increases in strength and total volume) then you need to pick a goal and if leanness is the goal then cutting is required.

If you are losing weight and getting stronger then that is a good sign just keep progressing and see how you far for the next couple months, if the weight still drops and strength keeps progressing then a successful recomp is likely. If it stops then half the progression (weight intensity) and increase caloric deficit and try and push more for fat lose and muscle retention instead of growth. However it is likely you will get close to 15% without having to drop caloric level to extreme so keep progress as much as possible.

Nykk2077 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    170 cm
    73 kg. Should be ca. 18% BF.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Nykk2077 View Post
    170 cm
    73 kg. Should be ca. 18% BF.
    Yep 18-19% would have been my guess.

Registered User birdoandratchet's Avatar
    birdoandratchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pics on my profile, M18/6'2"/179lbs

Nykk2077 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep 18-19% would have been my guess.
    thanks! would you say I'm skinny fat or what?
    Last edited by Nykk2077; 10-28-2019 at 04:18 AM.

danny287 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

@hardyboysare, some advice on what I should do?

https ://imgur.com/a/VA6WWto

This is where I currently stand. I dont have a lot of muscle mass so Im not sure if I should continue cutting for long, even though I still have a considerable amount of fat. What would be ideal in my situation?
    5’8 168

Originally Posted by birdoandratchet View Post
    Pics on my profile, M18/6'2"/179lbs
    Around 16%

Originally Posted by Nykk2077 View Post
    thanks! would you say I'm skinny fat or what?
    No as you have a V shape which most individuals who are 'undertrained' dont have one. And also your core is noticeable at a higher bf%. You just need to cut some fat to look a little bit leaner. An individual who is 'skinny fat' isn't usually advised to cut they are advised to workout.

Originally Posted by danny287 View Post
    https ://imgur.com/a/VA6WWto

This is where I currently stand. I dont have a lot of muscle mass so Im not sure if I should continue cutting for long, even though I still have a considerable amount of fat. What would be ideal in my situation?
    5’8 168
    You don't have considerable amount of fat you actually look pretty lean IMO.

Bulking would be my advice at a rate of around 2lbs a month and then cutting again in around 6 months (if weight gain is controlled which is key)

Bf% - 16%

Page 232 of 329 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast