Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Degaussed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Bodybuilders: Do any of you ONLY do squats for leg day?

Say once a week, is it possible to only do squats and achieve a good enough workout for your legs overall? I'd like to hear from those that have used this method and have seen acceptable results. I'm talking a 40-60 minute workout, give it all ya got, once a week. If so, do you see any gains in size or is this only sufficient enough for maintenance. Thanks for your input.

Destaric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destaric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats is all you really need IMO. Ill sometimes do Leg presses instead of squats to change it up a bit but other then that my leg workout consist of all squats and calf raises.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It really depends on your volume and what type of squatting you are doing. I don't buy that squats work your posterior chain enough to stimulate real growth, so I don't think you can get by doing only squats.

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Diggy007 View Post
    Say once a week, is it possible to only do squats and achieve a good enough workout for your legs overall? I'd like to hear from those that have used this method and have seen acceptable results. I'm talking a 40-60 minute workout, give it all ya got, once a week. If so, do you see any gains in size or is this only sufficient enough for maintenance. Thanks for your input.
    40-60 minutes of squatting? No thanks! :P

But, could you see gains? Sure, if you went from squatting 250 to 350 over a period of months and were sufficiently gaining weight your legs would undoubtedly get bigger. For what it's worth, I went from 135ish x 5 to 315x5 in 6 months and gained around 4'' on each quad with my only leg work being 3x a week squats.

It's an odd question though, squats are one of the lifts most people DON'T want to do on leg day. What's your thoughts/reasoning for wanting to only squat?
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I did it many times.It was always for a few months,and i was always very happy with the results.
    With squats,i always used sort of advanced GVT way of training for those periods-15 sets-50 minutes,slow eccentric phase.
    I was lucky to see progress in muscle mass,and especially in strenght,which helps very much when returning to conventional way of training legs.
    I also like to use only leg press occasionally-minus 2 plates of my normal 10 RM,20 sets of 10,full rom,45 seconds rest between sets.
    Both are killers,both are very hard to say the least,but both always did good for me.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    please dont ONLY do squats for your leg day.

I would NOT do only squats for an hour. This seems like an overwroking and may lead to problems. i mean it all depends on the weight and reps and your rest time of course, but I would not just do squats.
    another reason is because you might not achieve a proportional muscle distribution on your legs. You need to work all muscles in your legs equally and I believe that squats only work one or two muscles and then the rest are supplementary muscles that just get worn out and dont achieve atrophy(growth).
    A third reason is that monotomy is bad for your muscles, so doing the same movement/ exercise the whole time is negative impact.

I would do 3 sets of squats. 3 sets of calf raises, 3 sets of leg curls, 3 sets of leg extensions also 2 sets of leg presses to finish off your workout(and no its not the same as squats if you do your squats properly). So that should give you a good workout in 60 minutes instead of just doing squats.

ps. what are your goals? hypertrophy, shaping, trimming?

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by youngskillz View Post

I would NOT do only squats for an hour. This seems like an overwroking and may lead to problems. i mean it all depends on the weight and reps and your rest time of course, but I would not just do squats.
    another reason is because you might not achieve a proportional muscle distribution on your legs. You need to work all muscles in your legs equally and I believe that squats only work one or two muscles and then the rest are supplementary muscles that just get worn out and dont achieve atrophy(growth).
    A third reason is that monotomy is bad for your muscles, so doing the same movement/ exercise the whole time is negative impact.

I would do 3 sets of squats. 3 sets of calf raises, 3 sets of leg curls, 3 sets of leg extensions also 2 sets of leg presses to finish off your workout(and no its not the same as squats if you do your squats properly). So that should give you a good workout in 60 minutes instead of just doing squats.

Stats 5'10 at 140 lbs.....And atrophy means shrink. A lot of other things you said are wrong also.

Yes I only do squats/front squats, for my legs and they are nearing 27" and they used to be around 19", lol. I have grown out of all my jeens and had to buy new ones. You don't need 10 different exercises per muscle group to get growth out of it. All you need is one and food. I do hit my calf's separately with calf raises and what not, I also deadlift if that makes a difference.

Edit- I squat anywhere from 2-4 times a week, heavy. I do the Chaos and Pain program if you know what that is. Basically you do singles and triples with short rest periods and moderate volume.
    Last edited by dopamine72; 04-27-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user258 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    u know what i meant to say.. (hypertrophy).

the stats? 5'10 and 145 excuse you and im gaining consistently. also if you want to compare, i probably have just as much muscle or maybe a few lbs less then you do without your adipose. what were bruce lee's stats, did he not know how to do his business?

what things did i say wrong?

and ps. if you want to do just your squats, do just your squats, only dont do a full hour of squats bc thats just crazy.
    Last edited by youngskillz; 04-27-2010 at 03:21 PM.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    u know what i meant to say.. (hypertrophy).

the stats? i probably have just as much muscle or maybe a few lbs less then you do without your adipose. what were bruce lee's stats, did he not know how to do his business?

what things did i say wrong?

and ps. if you want to do just your squats, do just your squats, only dont do a full hour of squats bc thats just crazy.

To be the best you have to be a little crazy. Check this thread out, these people lift 2x a day 6 days a week and 1x on sunday, for legs all they do is squat, if they cut they would look insane, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122395951. You are below 10% bf in your pic, I'm at prob 15%, if I cut I would look a lot bigger. Do you really think you have as much muscle mass as me? Not here to argue, just here to point you in the right direction i guess.

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do squats and leg press every leg day. I also add machine squats, lunges, leg ext or something like that for 3-6 sets. Total quad volume about 9-12.

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would only consider it if you did full atg squats to work the most muscles you could.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Sure you can do only squats.

Back squat
    Wide back squat
    Narrow back squat
    High bar Back squat
    High bar Wide back squat
    High bar Narrow back squat
    Front Squat
    Zercher squat
    Smith squat
    Hack Squat
    Jefferson squat
    Dumbbell squat
    Bulgarian split squat
    Harness squat.

Any of the above with the heels elevated or with the heels lower than the toes will change the muscles hit as well.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    To be the best you have to be a little crazy. Check this thread out, these people lift 2x a day 6 days a week and 1x on sunday, for legs all they do is squat, if they cut they would look insane, . You are below 10% bf in your pic, I'm at prob 15%, if I cut I would look a lot bigger. Do you really think you have as much muscle mass as me? Not here to argue, just here to point you in the right direction i guess.
    youre right, but sometimes the craziness is too much. balance is the better option.

..might not be as much as you, and thats why i added the "or maybe a few lbs less" but I dont think there would be a big difference between us. im at currently at 7% and i just gained 5 lbs from my last update picture which was 9%.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Sure you can do only squats.

Back squat
    Wide back squat
    Narrow back squat
    High bar Back squat
    High bar Wide back squat
    High bar Narrow back squat
    Front Squat
    Zercher squat
    Smith squat
    Hack Squat
    Jefferson squat
    Dumbbell squat
    Bulgarian split squat
    Harness squat.

Any of the above with the heels elevated or with the heels lower than the toes will change the muscles hit as well.
    hahaha nice.

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    It really depends on your volume and what type of squatting you are doing. I don't buy that squats work your posterior chain enough to stimulate real growth, so I don't think you can get by doing only squats.
    It depends on what style you'er using. Front squats don't use much hammies but a proper back squat past parallel should be engaging them quite a bit. Obviously deadlifts are great but you could certainly leave them out for a while and just focus on squats and come back with bigger and stronger hammies/glutes and also a stronger DL.

Originally Posted by Ironwake View Post
    40-60 minutes of squatting? No thanks! :P
    I don't think 60 minutes is overly long to spend squatting. I know on really tough SS and TM workouts I've spent that much time just squatting, but obviously a large chunk of that was recovering between the 3 worksets.

lol no, and no.

I think back squat -> front squat -> DL would be a good and very tough leg day (if you only do them once a week). What's keeping you from squatting twice a week? Just do them before one of your other days.

Just worked out and feeling energetic so I'll comment on your ridiculous claims. BTW I apologize for calling you out on your stat's, you have a good frame to add some mass too, and your body fat level is awesome. I just have to say though, some of the remarks you have made are very wrong.

Tell that to power lifters and Oly lifters with massive legs. Look at professional athletes as well, squatting is their bread and butter, and they do not have any imbalances. The main muscles in your legs are the quads and hamstrings, that's two. Squats hit both of those and more. If you add deads in, you're set.

Wrong, very wrong. Look at a lot of the stickies on here, they have you do the same exercises over and over again, and people get amazing gains(size and strength) from doing that. "Negative impact", please stop giving advice now.

So your workout for an hour is better than just squatting for an hour?

Not even going to say anything here.
    Last edited by dopamine72; 04-27-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Originally Posted by zephed56 View Post

lol no, and no.

I think back squat -> front squat -> DL would be a good and very tough leg day (if you only do them once a week). What's keeping you from squatting twice a week? Just do them before one of your other days.
    let me clarify, i meant that squats put lots of pressure on the major muscles in the group without working the little muscles.
    and about monotonous being bad for your muscles, i meant long term,,, such as doing the same movement for an hour.,, and repeating it several times per week. that only makes the muscle endure, not build.

and about monotonous being bad for your muscles, i meant long term,,, such as doing the same movement for an hour.,, and repeating it several times per week. that only makes the muscle endure, not build.
    Where do you come up with this shyt? I know from first hand experience this is not true. Did you even look at that link I posted? You're starting to smell like a troll.

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    let me clarify, i meant that squats put lots of pressure on the major muscles in the group without working the little muscles.
    Just about time to delete that account and start anew, a little humbler, a little wiser.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    I don't buy that squats work your posterior chain enough to stimulate real growth, so I don't think you can get by doing only squats.
    Wow, I expected a bodybuilder to say squatting doesn't work your legs enough to only squat, but I never expected somebody to say it doesn't work your posterior chain enough. I don't know that I agree, but I don't want to do only squats to find out, ie I deadlift ( and related things ).
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Huh? How does it do that?

LOL, couldn't be farther from the truth. That's exactly what I've been doing for 2 years ( except you forgot the part about increasing the weight over time ), and I've built A TON of muscle in 2 years.

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that sounds like a bad ass workout man. personally, all i do for legs is back squats, front squats, and dead lifts. i love lunges but with all the squats and DL's i do every week, they would wreak havoc on my knees.
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Mets

RIP Zyzz- "forever mirin"

keep squating repetitively for an hour a day for a few days a week and we'll see if you will be retaining all of that muscle in 10 years, or if you will need a nurse to help you squat to take a shiit. you're just ripping your muscle fibers.

kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaosstar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    keep squating repetitively for an hour a day for a few days a week and we'll see if you will be retaining all of that muscle in 10 years, or if you will need a nurse to help you squat to take a shiit. you're just ripping your muscle fibers.
    Just stop.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can't even imagine what it is like to think as you do. Check out an anatomy and physiology book, get a few years under your belt of being under a bar, and then come back and tell me if you have the same opinion.

I hope you're aware that I weighed 10 pounds more than your 22 year old self, when I was in 1st grade ( snicker ). Clearly this was written by somebody who's bitter about being born small and weak and clueless how to correct it.

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    Stats 5'10 at 140 lbs.....And atrophy means shrink. A lot of other things you said are wrong also.

Yes I only do squats/front squats, for my legs and they are nearing 27" and they used to be around 19", lol. I have grown out of all my jeens and had to buy new ones. You don't need 10 different exercises per muscle group to get growth out of it. All you need is one and food. I do hit my calf's separately with calf raises and what not, I also deadlift if that makes a difference.

Edit- I squat anywhere from 2-4 times a week, heavy. I do the Chaos and Pain program if you know what that is. Basically you do singles and triples with short rest periods and moderate volume.
    Originally Posted by zephed56 View Post
    It depends on what style you'er using. Front squats don't use much hammies but a proper back squat past parallel should be engaging them quite a bit. Obviously deadlifts are great but you could certainly leave them out for a while and just focus on squats and come back with bigger and stronger hammies/glutes and also a stronger DL.

I don't think 60 minutes is overly long to spend squatting. I know on really tough SS and TM workouts I've spent that much time just squatting, but obviously a large chunk of that was recovering between the 3 worksets.

lol no, and no.

Originally Posted by nixter View Post
    Just about time to delete that account and start anew, a little humbler, a little wiser.
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Huh? How does it do that?

LOL, couldn't be farther from the truth. That's exactly what I've been doing for 2 years ( except you forgot the part about increasing the weight over time ), and I've built A TON of muscle in 2 years.
    Originally Posted by kaosstar View Post
    Just stop.
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    I can't even imagine what it is like to think as you do. Check out an anatomy and physiology book, get a few years under your belt of being under a bar, and then come back and tell me if you have the same opinion.
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    I hope you're aware that I weighed 10 pounds more than your 22 year old self, when I was in 1st grade ( snicker ). Clearly this was written by somebody who's bitter about being born small and weak and clueless how to correct it.
    When you are a weak novice with little to know knowledge of training, and people like these quoted above disagree with you, you may want to listen.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Say once a week, is it possible to only do squats and achieve a good enough workout for your legs overall? .
    For bodybuilding, no. If you want your quads to look like a bodybuilder's you're going to have to train them like every other successful bodybuilder has ever trained his quads.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    For bodybuilding, no. If you want your quads to look like a bodybuilder's you're going to have to train them like every other successful bodybuilder has ever trained his quads.
    my point exactly.

first, for the other people above me, i am not talking about getting bigger or stronger or whatever, my advice is about muscle building and defining your legs in PROPORTION. obviously you know nothing about that.

and dont assume things. im happy with my body, healthy and strong and i would never want to have a 300lbs body like some sasquasch just to say i can lift 500lbs of steel in front of other guys with sleeveless shirts in the gym and then stop walking when im 60.
    Last edited by youngskillz; 04-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Some of you are familiar with the Chaos and Pain program. The creator Jamie Lewis, only does squats and front squats for his legs. He HATES leg extensions and any type of machine. Here are his wheels, they look just as good as a "bodybuilders" imo. Pic is old btw, his legs are prob looking even crazier now.

OP only hitting them once a week will prob not do that much, but if you start squatting multiple times a week I think you will get some great gains.

Last edited by dopamine72; 04-27-2010 at 08:54 PM.