metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Frustrated with fat loss.. keep gaining weight .. 275lbs (pic included)

40yo male.

So according to 275x14-500 (weight loss) I should be able to consume 3350 calories a day and lose weight.

I've been exercising regularly for 3 years with a split of full body compound lifting and cardio.

I don't track my calories and I definitely like to have drinks with my friends. Alcohol is my biggest weakness. Usually 2-3x a week. Drinking usually happens in the context of physical activity.

For years I've desperately wanted to get lean. I think I'd look great lean and I want to try it out. Is there any way to do this without making severe diet restrictions? I'm willing to change up or add to my physical activity, although I wake up sore most of the time.

See pic. This was taken yesterday.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by metalbabble View Post
    40yo male.

So according to 275x14-500 (weight loss) I should be able to consume 3350 calories a day and lose weight.

I've been exercising regularly for 3 years with a split of full body compound lifting and cardio.

I don't track my calories and I definitely like to have drinks with my friends. Alcohol is my biggest weakness. Usually 2-3x a week. Drinking usually happens in the context of physical activity.

For years I've desperately wanted to get lean. I think I'd look great lean and I want to try it out. Is there any way to do this without making severe diet restrictions? I'm willing to change up or add to my physical activity, although I wake up sore most of the time.

What did you eat the last 2 days?
    On a scale of 1 to 10( 10 is the most intense exercise ) what is your exercise intensity number?
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

]

"you can't manage what you can't measure".. Restrictions dont have to be severe, just have a realistic plan and stick to it.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Last 2 days are pretty bad examples because I celebrated a friend's birthday Wednesday.

It included most of a large Philly cheese steak pizza fr Dominoes, 20 alcoholic drinks, a watermelon, a box of Samosas, a venti chai tea from Starbucks, party snacks, chicken wings, a bowl of captain crunch..

Exercise intensity is around an 8 (my shirt is soaked through entirely after every workout) not a single dry spot

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    "you can't manage what you can't measure".. Restrictions dont have to be severe, just have a realistic plan and stick to it.
    The difference between planning food and not means an entire life being thrown into upheaval. People don't seem to get this.

I can find 2 hours a day to dedicate to exercise. I can't just cut alcohol out of my diet without a massive lifestyle change. I can't even count calories without a big lifestyle change.

I'm happy with my lifestyle overall, I just also want to be lean.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last 2 days are pretty bad examples because I celebrated a friend's birthday Wednesday.

It included most of a large Philly cheese steak pizza fr Dominoes, 20 alcoholic drinks, a watermelon, a box of Samosas, a venti chai tea from Starbucks, party snacks, chicken wings, a bowl of captain crunch..

Exercise intensity is around an 8 (my shirt is soaked through entirely after every workout) not a single dry spot
    LOL, you are already recording stuff! see how easy that is?
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your serious start a diet and training journal.
    Record everything you eat(all macros and calories) and the training your currently doing(sets,reps,weight and any cardio).
    This is the only way to be super accurate.
    The calorie thing you speak of can be different for different people.
    They are giving you a general number which you may have to adjust.
    Those days you described above of eating junk take many days to get back to "normal"progress.
    So if your doing this type every week or so often even if it's a day or two it's an up and down "yoyo"type pattern of which you will never get to where you want to be.
    You need to be discipline and dedicated to your goal.
    How much it means to will determine how hard you try.
    You may also be the kind of person that needs accountability with a trainer or coach that's monitoring your progress.
    Good luck.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The difference between planning food and not means an entire life being thrown into upheaval. People don't seem to get this.

I can find 2 hours a day to dedicate to exercise. I can't just cut alcohol out of my diet without a massive lifestyle change. I can't even count calories without a big lifestyle change.

Translation: I want to change, but I don't want to change anything in order to change.

Good luck, man.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Holy shiznit... I'm sure you've heard the expression you can't out train a bad diet?

You might be able to get away with that in your 20s

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Translation: I want to change, but I don't want to change anything in order to change.

Good luck, man.
    Get a white board, put it on your fridge, record calories daily = profit... This doesn't work without effort, it is a life style...

I've been cutting for 10 weeks now so this post triggers me... I went down consistently 8-9lbs in 10 weeks...

white board on fridge, get enough macros, walk at least 8 miles every day (personal choice) train 3-5x a week on a program with progressive overload...

Does all that sound too difficult? Or would you prefer to keep making excuses and be miserable?'

Obviously directed at OP not Elrond
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    logic dictates that if you drop down to 3349 calories a day, eventually you will meet your goal
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I should be able to consume 3350 calories a day and lose weight.
    Tough love here man; ain't no way you're going to be in a deficit at 3300 cals....2300 most likely

Actually, I think you're the one not getting it

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post

Good luck, man.

EDIT: I don't mean to come off like I'm on a soap box man. But I also don't believe in sugar coating things. "well, you could do this and you could do that"...nope

You're trying to lose weight but you're actually gaining.

This tell me:
    A. You're consuming far more than you think you are
    B. You're consuming far more than 3350 per day
    C. It's going to take far more work than you anticipate to get lean
    D. It's going to take far more work than you're willing to give at this point

Again, I'm not busting your balls, nor do I care if you get lean or not; I just believe in telling it like it is.
    Last edited by smokinal; 09-13-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeDrury1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So you want to get lean, whilst not being prepared to change your lifestyle? Nobody can help you here if you're not prepared to help yourself. You can exercise all you want, but you won't lose weight on 3350 cals a day and pizza and 20 beers.

VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is there any way to do this without making severe diet restrictions?
    Sure, you just need a moderate eating plan to win.

Why not make a reasonable plan, invest some time and effort into it? I can't do that for you. You will have to want it bad enough. Stuck topics in nutrition forum might help a bit as a start.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in on TROLL thread.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1) I'm sure I've seen some YouTube adverts for that, where you can eat anything you want and get a 6 pack in 30 days
    Just go to youtube and sign up to some random scam bait, some magic special timed exercise that works with your body's rhythms to melt away the fat when paired with the correct exercise accessory (like that sit-up frame thing), some extract from a rare Himalayan bean only known to a recently rediscovered lost tribe in a hugely expensive supplement.

2) Or read the nutrition sticky. And make calculated sacrifices for the goal

Of course being thin comes at a high price and life disruption, that's why I don't have a visible 6 pack (or even just a top-2 pack) right now, but I'm slowly working on it. It's not going to be easy!

It really is as simple as pick from the 2 choices above. Please pick the first one and tell us how it goes, that would be more entertaining.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    in on TROLL thread.
    I also vote troll.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I also vote troll.
    I vote for rare Himalayan beans.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    40yo male.

I don't see any pic
    On the list for Bannukah

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Didn't read any of the replies.

Either way, don't overcomplicate this. There's no magic formula, it's pretty simple. Losing weight requires a negative energy balance (caloric deficit) over weeks/months. There's really no other way around it. It doesn't have to be extreme or severe. Usually slower "diets" work better because they are easier to adhere to. Do whatever you need to do to achieve this over the next several weeks/months.

Tracking calories makes this easier, but people often don't track correctly and underestimate their intake for the day, then whine about not losing weight. Your body doesn't care what you input in the app, if you're not losing weight you're not in a deficit.

kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    40yo male.

Your going to have to track your calories and revise your calorie intake down. It's a slow process too. 1 lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. If you track your calories, revise your intake down and stick with it long term, you'll get there with in a year. Expect a true fat loss of 3 to 4 lb a month. Problem is people count water weight and food weight as gains or losses, so you'll need to scale a couple times a day to get the real numbers. Good luck

- SIDE NOTE: The body stops growing and developing to about age 24-26. People think their metabolism slows down, when really it's that your body isn't using the added resources anymore for development, so it gets stored as fat.
    Last edited by kyle38; 09-29-2020 at 05:26 PM.