Closed Thread
Page 292 of 313 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,760 of 9366
    WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Colgate and Verizon are in the toilet. Lots I want to buy but too little money.
    You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told you're a god or a total bastard. The iron always kicks you the real deal. It's the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. I have found it to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But 200 pounds is always 200 pounds.

residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm looking into getting into Uranium next week.
    UUUU looks like its going to drop down to about 2.10 at least before it starts running, am I reading the chart correct?
    Golden cross approaching too. With
    I've picked UUUU because its market cap is closer to its net revenues at about 1.5. Compared to others that have market caps 2x or more of their net revs. URRE will probably swing faster, but it seems over inflated already in comparison.

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Azrairc View Post
    guys I inherited an ira, which means it's taxed as income if i am to cash it out and on any interest the mutual funds earn

in the long run, if I plan to keep it invested doesn't it make more since to cash it out now and put it back into mutual funds in a Roth IRA? as i will be taxed on it's gain whenever i use it in the future
    i would advise not cashing out inherited ira, depending on your broker you could roll it over and empty out the positions and use it to enter your own/day trade/add to your own positions in current ira

you will get cucked not only on the interest but i am also pretty sure face a tax penalty

Originally Posted by Venom08 View Post
    Don't cash **** until Trump cuts taxes in the next month. And just invest in all the US shares market and don't look at it until 2020 or something.
    you wat m8

Originally Posted by ctownballer04 View Post
    wat
    this
    Originally Posted by Big B Bro View Post
    Anyone here play Nemaska Lithium ?

Canadians brahs ?
    have not ****ed with lithium but am looking into this due to tesla facility

It's not possible to do that next month. The only easy fix in the tax code is repatriation. The earliest anything else gets changed is probably around 1 year.
    this

Originally Posted by Venom08 View Post
    I'm not sure. Tax hikes and cuts are relatively simple legislative processes. Obamacare is tough and they say that'll be repealed and replaced by late February, so I expect taxes to be done by then as well. Trump does a lot of things in a short period of time. I trust him to do this quickly.
    wrongo

anyone here invest in real estate? looking at putting 20k down on a 96k loft (1 bedroom 1 bath) in the near future (3-6 months) to knock out PMI. monthly payment would be roughly 400 plus taxes so probably looking at 800. **** getting an apartment. goal is to do that (currently 5 minutes away from house)

though if i did this: it would knock out my current 11.5k in retirement savings, and 7k in brokerage account, plus my tax return.

also, for my stock trading brahs:

currently am up roughly 1700 in the past 3 months on robinhood and roughly another 7 or 800 on my retirement/other broker account

largest positions/profits from: Tesla, Bank of America, Amazon, Google, Nvidia, Apple, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, AMD and mother****ing gold. bagholding my 3x leveraged ETFs and doubling down made me the most gains - had a few 600-800+ days a few weeks back but have since settled down. gold seems to keep testing 1200 support levels, plan on exiting a few positions next week, going BIG on AMD and Amazon for earnings, dumping those and then taking a large gold position in various ETFs.

wat do brahs

also need to re-enter Canopy Growth Corp and Mettrum before the merger goes through - IMO this is the biggest player in the medical/recreational marijuana industry and has the potential for massive returns in the relatively near term (3-5 years).
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~ CEO & Founder
    Traditional Wetshaving Crew
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146163903

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
    Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential,
    It's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bavaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    also need to re-enter Canopy Growth Corp and Mettrum before the merger goes through - IMO this is the biggest player in the medical/recreational marijuana industry and has the potential for massive returns in the relatively near term (3-5 years).
    I'm also playing the CGC takeover of Mettrum. Hoping those Canopy shares keep going up or else we're going to get cucked!
    Power Engineer Crew
    Tradie Life

marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000) marcus142 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone own AMD? or have an opinion about other chip companies (nvda, intc)
    fapfapfap

RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RC17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would advise not cashing out inherited ira, depending on your broker you could roll it over and empty out the positions and use it to enter your own/day trade/add to your own positions in current ira

you will get cucked not only on the interest but i am also pretty sure face a tax penalty

you wat m8

this

have not ****ed with lithium but am looking into this due to tesla facility

this

wrongo

anyone here invest in real estate? looking at putting 20k down on a 96k loft (1 bedroom 1 bath) in the near future (3-6 months) to knock out PMI. monthly payment would be roughly 400 plus taxes so probably looking at 800. **** getting an apartment. goal is to do that (currently 5 minutes away from house)

though if i did this: it would knock out my current 11.5k in retirement savings, and 7k in brokerage account, plus my tax return.

also, for my stock trading brahs:

currently am up roughly 1700 in the past 3 months on robinhood and roughly another 7 or 800 on my retirement/other broker account

largest positions/profits from: Tesla, Bank of America, Amazon, Google, Nvidia, Apple, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, AMD and mother****ing gold. bagholding my 3x leveraged ETFs and doubling down made me the most gains - had a few 600-800+ days a few weeks back but have since settled down. gold seems to keep testing 1200 support levels, plan on exiting a few positions next week, going BIG on AMD and Amazon for earnings, dumping those and then taking a large gold position in various ETFs.

wat do brahs

DO NOT DO THAT. Just look at it very simply. Mortgage rates are just over 4... you can expect 7% returns on your IRA long term. You're not just throwing away 3% right there.. but you're also throwing the long term snowball effect of those returns away for 40 years VS however long it will take you to pay a small mortgage. Don't forget the housing market can dip (or crash whatup '07) and your down payment could render to nothing if your home value tanks. Regardless when buying a home/condo it's extremely important to look at the last 5 to 10 years of comps in the neighborhood and the city as a whole as far as home values. The past few years have been awesome for mortgage rates allowing a ton of people to buy and thus driving up prices. Mortgages rates have obviously gone up, so you can expect many areas home values to start declining.

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This just was RTd on my twitter feed by some random traders I follow. One of the funniest things I've ever seen, dude takes the cake over JG as the most delusional day trader ever. This honestly may be JGs Reddit persona where he's actually honest w/ himself. Dude has the craziest external locus of control (brb if I could only get lucky once in my entire life, brb inherits $2.5m).

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...last_stand_my/

Before the cliffs, let me say that it's not too long, maybe a few minutes of your time, and it's 100% worth the read. Most delusional investing post I've ever read.

Cliffs:
    Dude inherits $2.5m from dead uncle that no one knew had any money.
    Dreams of being a day trader, instead of investing any of it, decides to start day trading full time w/ his 2.5m.
    2 years later he is down to $350k due to being the unluckiest person ever even though he's always right w/ his decisions.
    To try and get his 2.5m back, he's bought a plethora of OTM puts on AAPL earnings because he's 99.9% sure it'll tank unless the big banks screw him again.
    The best part of this is he assigns probabilities to Apple's earnings scenarios.

Here's his objective analysis: <1% it only falls 1-2%, 4% chance it falls 3-4%, 20% chance it falls to $115, 25% chance it falls to $110, 15% chance it falls to $105, 25% chance it falls to $95 (fuking LOL), 10% chance it falls to $90 (in this scenario, AAPL's situation is even worse than he thinks, Tim Cook steps down, etc etc). Thus, his expected profit is $958,000. I think maybe this is why he thinks he's unlucky. He projects a 0% chance where Apple falls by less than 1%. If there was a 0% chance of that happening, and then it happened, I would feel pretty unlucky too. Maybe he needs to work on specifying his models better.

edit: Let me also say that I sold like 75% of my Apple recently to put into LXFT. Not super biased at these prices, as I'm pretty indifferent at these levels. I still think you can make an okay argument that it has ~15-20% upside, but the margin of safety is no longer there. I can assure you it is more likely worth $130 than $90 though. Apple at $90/share is the biggest no brainer investment.
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anybody here uses Stash, Robinhood or Acorn? Thought? I'm going to play around with $100 on stash, waiting for my account to get approved from Robinhood, and waiting for money to get transferred to my acorn portfolio.
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This just was RTd on my twitter feed by some random traders I follow. One of the funniest things I've ever seen, dude takes the cake over JG as the most delusional day trader ever. This honestly may be JGs Reddit persona where he's actually honest w/ himself. Dude has the craziest external locus of control (brb if I could only get lucky once in my entire life, brb inherits $2.5m).
    That kid's just going to lose it all, sad.
    "Big manipulators might be able to manipulate the price somewhat, but not very long." " The stock market is rigged and I am done with it."
    Every time someone brings up "the stock market is rigged" or "manipulated" you know they're a chit investor/trader. It shows they do not learn from their mistakes and will only blame someone else for their misfallings.

"My #Yolo is designed in a very specific way. It’s designed so that even if I am wrong (which I am not), I will not lose money. "

So now he thinks he can manipulate the market. lol. I think the BEST scenario for him is for him to lose the remainder of the money so that he doesn't prolong his misery. Let's face it, if he somehow got this trade right and made like $10 million, he'll just end up gambling/mis-trading it all over again.

He's also missing the big picture: The shares market in the US has made some pretty resounding ATHs lately. This is being fueled by foreign investors who see the US$ and US shares markets as the safe-haven of the world in a time where most countries are going down the gutter. Even a poor earnings report could give it at worst a flat open and price would just resume its climb.

ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marcus142 View Post
    Anyone own AMD? or have an opinion about other chip companies (nvda, intc)
    All pretty solid but have run up quite a bit. I'd pass on NVDA unless it goes to 90. I like QCOM, but don't like legal issues. If you're patient it can work tho. Western Digital and Seagate have run up too much, so wait for a pullback. Intel is fine for a long term hold, esp if you expect repatriation. Currently, NXP is the only semi I own.
    Always striving to take it to the next level.

blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Before the cliffs, let me say that it's not too long, maybe a few minutes of your time, and it's 100% worth the read. Most delusional investing post I've ever read.

Cliffs:
    Dreams of being a day trader, instead of investing any of it, decides to start day trading full time w/ his 2.5m.
    2 years later he is down to $350k due to being the unluckiest person ever even though he's always right w/ his decisions.
    To try and get his 2.5m back, he's bought a plethora of OTM puts on AAPL earnings because he's 99.9% sure it'll tank unless the big banks screw him again.
    The best part of this is he assigns probabilities to Apple's earnings scenarios.

Here's his objective analysis: <1% it only falls 1-2%, 4% chance it falls 3-4%, 20% chance it falls to $115, 25% chance it falls to $110, 15% chance it falls to $105, 25% chance it falls to $95 (fuking LOL), 10% chance it falls to $90 (in this scenario, AAPL's situation is even worse than he thinks, Tim Cook steps down, etc etc). Thus, his expected profit is $958,000. I think maybe this is why he thinks he's unlucky. He projects a 0% chance where Apple falls by less than 1%. If there was a 0% chance of that happening, and then it happened, I would feel pretty unlucky too. Maybe he needs to work on specifying his models better.

edit: Let me also say that I sold like 75% of my Apple recently to put into LXFT. Not super biased at these prices, as I'm pretty indifferent at these levels. I still think you can make an okay argument that it has ~15-20% upside, but the margin of safety is no longer there. I can assure you it is more likely worth $130 than $90 though. Apple at $90/share is the biggest no brainer investment.
    "I've never been lucky...." inherits 2.5 million lmao
    Deplorable Crew
    Keep calm and short the VIX

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RC17 View Post
    DO NOT DO THAT. Just look at it very simply. Mortgage rates are just over 4... you can expect 7% returns on your IRA long term. You're not just throwing away 3% right there.. but you're also throwing the long term snowball effect of those returns away for 40 years VS however long it will take you to pay a small mortgage. Don't forget the housing market can dip (or crash whatup '07) and your down payment could render to nothing if your home value tanks. Regardless when buying a home/condo it's extremely important to look at the last 5 to 10 years of comps in the neighborhood and the city as a whole as far as home values. The past few years have been awesome for mortgage rates allowing a ton of people to buy and thus driving up prices. Mortgages rates have obviously gone up, so you can expect many areas home values to start declining.
    will take all this into consideration - reason i would say do it is because 1) set myself a goal to move out/be on my own in 1 capacity or another by 26, enough time wasted. 2) i have 30k in undergrad student loans and am going for a MSF in the fall and gonna sit for CFA Level 1 in June or December, probably the latter since I need to study and take the GMAT before May.

In the area in particular, I know the salary because I grew up literally 3 min down the road off the same street so part of the reason is to have a side unit near my house and sell/rent it in particular. rent is in high demand in this city. maybe only put 10% down but payment would be higher? they want 96k for the unit, and it was as high as 150k before the housing crash. there is a house also the same distance away for roughly 80-85k I am looking into and putting a decent down payment in it, putting it in my name and my sister and brother in law would live in it with my niece and I would still live at home while they pay the mortgage, then if they want a new place (they wont - my mom babysits the grandkids and tight family), I would just need to find new tenants. only thing is the house needs some work - has an above ground pool in the backyard but got annihilated by a tree during a snow storm, and it may need a new roof/roofing. have not checked interior, but that is also a game plan...which one sounds better?

Other plan is to secure this full time offer in a few months and double my salary overnight, save up until the fall and then move out before winter directly to Brighton/Allston area (right outside Boston) and network and go to school near the city...

so many options

Cliffs:
    The best part of this is he assigns probabilities to Apple's earnings scenarios..
    fscomeau is a known troll on wsb, they have a saying of literally doing everything the opposite that the canadian says and you will make gains.

wsb is like the misc of investing its pretty lulsy sometimes

Originally Posted by ifitness1 View Post
    All pretty solid but have run up quite a bit. I'd pass on NVDA unless it goes to 90. I like QCOM, but don't like legal issues. If you're patient it can work tho. Western Digital and Seagate have run up too much, so wait for a pullback. Intel is fine for a long term hold, esp if you expect repatriation. Currently, NXP is the only semi I own.

I made a good amount off AMD last year and wish I never realized gains because I got in around 6-7 and sold around 10, got back in at 11 and been averaging down and day/swing trading for some gains.

Did the same thing with NVDA last year and realized gains to stroke my ego to look at my gains for the year, should have just kept them unrealized. was in between 70-80 and out at 110, then out at 120 on more, then bought in at 119 and 111 in my retirement **** and bagheld it, did make some gains on robinhood with it, app is so ****ing easy brehs.

How do you like NXP?

Originally Posted by blinkers88 View Post
    "I've never been lucky...." inherits 2.5 million lmao
    hes a troll srs, quite the character he is

anyone playing AMZN earnings, AMD earnings, or NVDA? also how is sentiment about tesla right now itt - going in on that after a huge run up back to 250 range scares/excites me but elon always sets goals way too ****ing high for himself and undershoots but stock usually still goes up after earnings
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

-Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by CarlitosBX View Post
    Anybody here uses Stash, Robinhood or Acorn? Thought? I'm going to play around with $100 on stash, waiting for my account to get approved from Robinhood, and waiting for money to get transferred to my acorn portfolio.
    have 5.5 k plus 3k of robinhood gold, i ****ing love that app. stash isnt a bad starter

instant trade, instant settle, instant deposit, 1-3 days deposit back to checkings to pay bills rinse repeat. goal is 25k in robinhood by end of year to day trade, soon.jpg. honestly wish i could roll my merrill accounts over to rh, i would make way more gains then having to make $7 in $7 out just to realize gains instead of in and out real quick
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

-Henry Rollins

ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000) ifitness1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I made a good amount off AMD last year and wish I never realized gains because I got in around 6-7 and sold around 10, got back in at 11 and been averaging down and day/swing trading for some gains.

Did the same thing with NVDA last year and realized gains to stroke my ego to look at my gains for the year, should have just kept them unrealized. was in between 70-80 and out at 110, then out at 120 on more, then bought in at 119 and 111 in my retirement **** and bagheld it, did make some gains on robinhood with it, app is so ****ing easy brehs.

How do you like NXP?
    I like it a lot. I owned it at 85. QCOM is acquiring it for 110/share. Honestly, they get got a great deal. NXP would be at 120+ if they hadn't accepted to be taken out. They're the leaders in automotive chips, especially in auto AI, security, and IoT.

I think the deal is going through for sure, so I've bought more around 97 for guaranteed 110. Also, if the deal falls through Qualcomm will pay NXP 600mm and NXP will probably go to 120.
    Always striving to take it to the next level.

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    will take all this into consideration - reason i would say do it is because 1) set myself a goal to move out/be on my own in 1 capacity or another by 26, enough time wasted. 2) i have 30k in undergrad student loans and am going for a MSF in the fall and gonna sit for CFA Level 1 in June or December, probably the latter since I need to study and take the GMAT before May.

In the area in particular, I know the salary because I grew up literally 3 min down the road off the same street so part of the reason is to have a side unit near my house and sell/rent it in particular. rent is in high demand in this city. maybe only put 10% down but payment would be higher? they want 96k for the unit, and it was as high as 150k before the housing crash. there is a house also the same distance away for roughly 80-85k I am looking into and putting a decent down payment in it, putting it in my name and my sister and brother in law would live in it with my niece and I would still live at home while they pay the mortgage, then if they want a new place (they wont - my mom babysits the grandkids and tight family), I would just need to find new tenants. only thing is the house needs some work - has an above ground pool in the backyard but got annihilated by a tree during a snow storm, and it may need a new roof/roofing. have not checked interior, but that is also a game plan...which one sounds better?

Other plan is to secure this full time offer in a few months and double my salary overnight, save up until the fall and then move out before winter directly to Brighton/Allston area (right outside Boston) and network and go to school near the city...

so many options

fscomeau is a known troll on wsb, they have a saying of literally doing everything the opposite that the canadian says and you will make gains.

wsb is like the misc of investing its pretty lulsy sometimes

How do you like NXP?

hes a troll srs, quite the character he is

anyone playing AMZN earnings, AMD earnings, or NVDA? also how is sentiment about tesla right now itt - going in on that after a huge run up back to 250 range scares/excites me but elon always sets goals way too ****ing high for himself and undershoots but stock usually still goes up after earnings
    Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to do a MSF program?
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to do a MSF program?
    Sat down with a coworker's buddy at Boston Advisors in the Financial District in Boston (dream location) and all 3 touted MSF>MBA, to get some coding experience, get into private after doing a year or 2 stint at 1 of the big guys (state st, etc) and that doing the CFA and passing it opens up many more doors then MBA alone. they honestly just said if anything do the CFA Asap and move on to the next level because with an undergrad you can get a foot in the door at almost any firm in that area and rotate roles for a few years while working on Masters/having the company pay for it, and then transitioning as you progress with more experience/CFA levels.
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

-Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by ifitness1 View Post
    I like it a lot. I owned it at 85. QCOM is acquiring it for 110/share. Honestly, they get got a great deal. NXP would be at 120+ if they hadn't accepted to be taken out. They're the leaders in automotive chips, especially in auto AI, security, and IoT.

I think the deal is going through for sure, so I've bought more around 97 for guaranteed 110. Also, if the deal falls through Qualcomm will pay NXP 600mm and NXP will probably go to 120.
    QCOM geting sued by Apple is making me pretty uneasy and it will be interesting what happens in the semiconductor and chip segment over the next few months. personally gonna go in dry on apple for all their earnings reports, I have always had faith in this company to be more innovate even post-Jobs.

Had a small position in QCOM and wish I just keep buying Apple all last year honestly, made a good amount off it but woulda made more if I just kept holding and averaging down.

Side note - just bought a bit over the equivalent of 2 ounces spot price in physical gold, gonna start doing that on top of gold ETFs and see which one generates a higher return over the next few years.
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

-Henry Rollins

Sat down with a coworker's buddy at Boston Advisors in the Financial District in Boston (dream location) and all 3 touted MSF>MBA, to get some coding experience, get into private after doing a year or 2 stint at 1 of the big guys (state st, etc) and that doing the CFA and passing it opens up many more doors then MBA alone. they honestly just said if anything do the CFA Asap and move on to the next level because with an undergrad you can get a foot in the door at almost any firm in that area and rotate roles for a few years while working on Masters/having the company pay for it, and then transitioning as you progress with more experience/CFA levels.
    Are you trying to pivot career-wise? What are you trying to do? CFA is beneficial, but it's not like BlackRock is going to come knocking on your door because you have a CFA. If you are stuck career-wise maybe it makes sense, but I agree that just doing your undergrad and studying for your CFA is much better (cheaper) route than jumping into a masters.
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Meliodas88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone else think Amazon is gonna kill it on earnings this Wednesday? I believe Echo sales for the holiday season are going to be off the charts

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have 5.5 k plus 3k of robinhood gold, i ****ing love that app. stash isnt a bad starter

instant trade, instant settle, instant deposit, 1-3 days deposit back to checkings to pay bills rinse repeat. goal is 25k in robinhood by end of year to day trade, soon.jpg. honestly wish i could roll my merrill accounts over to rh, i would make way more gains then having to make $7 in $7 out just to realize gains instead of in and out real quick
    I stretched out $60 in 5 investment in stash they are, Uncle Sam, Blue Chips, Global Citizen, Young Money, and Conservative. Did I d'un goofed?
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

#1 misc survivorman wow strong misc's Avatar
    wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wow strong misc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ****ing stocks ... just trying to get informed on everything now.

So for instance :

stock is 20.00 a share i buy 50 shares so that's 1000.00 invested.

2 months go by and said stock is now at 30.00 . I can just trade them if I wanted to and get back 1500.00 with 500 being profit ?

I know this is roughly due to fees and what not.

WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhAtNoWbChSs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wow strong misc View Post
    ****ing stocks ... just trying to get informed on everything now.

So for instance :

stock is 20.00 a share i buy 50 shares so that's 1000.00 invested.

2 months go by and said stock is now at 30.00 . I can just trade them if I wanted to and get back 1500.00 with 500 being profit ?

I know this is roughly due to fees and what not.

Correct. People who bought at the start of 2016 are very happy right now mostly. I'm not sure how much higher they can go in 2017.
    You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told you're a god or a total bastard. The iron always kicks you the real deal. It's the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. I have found it to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But 200 pounds is always 200 pounds.

DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000) DeathByLight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just wrote a 1200 word article on investing for software engineers, but alot of it can be applied for everyday traders: http://www.penta-code.com/a-develope...l-investments/

Let me know what you guys think! Will rep for feedback.
    Last edited by DeathByLight; 01-29-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Originally Posted by DeathByLight View Post
    Just wrote a 1200 word article on investing for software engineers, but alot of it can be applied for everyday traders: http://www.penta-code.com/a-develope...l-investments/

Let me know what you guys think! Will rep for feedback.
    Weird approach to classifying investments, IMO. Passive, active, and super active. You are talking about funds, and then when you get to active you are still kinda talking about funds at the start and then switch to stocks. At the end you're defining active as someone who picks individual equities as in AMZN. From the perspective of funds, that's not really what active is. Passive v. Active usually broken out in the fund debate of the funds that replicate indices at minimal costs vs. funds that take on positive active weight in some space based on some thesis that charge a higher fee. Of course if you're picking individual stocks you're an active investor, but that's not how it would generally be framed.

Good idea to help increase the investing literacy of developers.
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aesthetical has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WhAtNoWbChSs View Post
    Correct. People who bought at the start of 2016 are very happy right now mostly. I'm not sure how much higher they can go in 2017.
    Thats the fukt up part because theres so many people always entering the market. There might be a couple more short term gains but the correction is going to kill alot of people.
    PUBG - X1
    xX nRAG3D Xx

MCC Crew: WTC crew

woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000) woodbarry is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Aesthetical View Post
    Thats the fukt up part because theres so many people always entering the market. There might be a couple more short term gains but the correction is going to kill alot of people.
    If I had a nickel for every time I heard this since 2012 I'd be a fukn millionaire srs.
    337 crew
    767 crew
    misc millionaire crew
    misc island will be purchased w/ 100th million crew
    currently CEO $30/day crew

Pokemoncel

Originally Posted by woodbarry View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time I heard this since 2012 I'd be a fukn millionaire srs.
    Seriously. Lol at trying to call a top. Lol even harder main st miscers dogmatically calling tops.
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VSVP99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bye, bye SBUX

Just lol if at thinking this is the top. Emotions don't run markets. Regulations do, and they just came down today.

edit -

sbux sells beer? Then they commit to hiring 10k refugees. Majority of whom can't touch alcohol. lool at all these sjw emotions.
    Last edited by VSVP99; 01-30-2017 at 08:37 AM.
    “Bad habits are easy to form, but hard to live with. Good habits are hard to form, but easy to live with. And as Goethe said, 'Everything is hard before it's easy.'”

blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinkers88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    btfd
    Deplorable Crew
    Keep calm and short the VIX

thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blinkers88 View Post
    btfd
    j

This

Come on boyos we know what up
    "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

Closed Thread
Page 292 of 313 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast