musclebeginner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should i finally bulk?

A couple months ago, around 3 i believe, i made a post showing pics of my body asking whether i should bulk or cut. At the time i was around 165 ish 5’9, quite chubby. Well, ever since i’ve been training 6 days a week in about a 2000 calorie iifym “diet”. I’ve had great success with it. At the start my squat was low maybe 160 max and now three months it’s 225, deadlift was probably 185, now it’s 265, bench went from 110-150. i’ll put comparison pics of three months ago vs today on my profile. (please leave ur feedback) My question is should i continue to cut for another month then bulk, or bulk Now?

Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musclebeginner View Post
    A couple months ago, around 3 i believe, i made a post showing pics of my body asking whether i should bulk or cut. At the time i was around 165 ish 5’9, quite chubby. Well, ever since i’ve been training 6 days a week in about a 2000 calorie iifym “diet”. I’ve had great success with it. At the start my squat was low maybe 160 max and now three months it’s 225, deadlift was probably 185, now it’s 265, bench went from 110-150. i’ll put comparison pics of three months ago vs today on my profile. (please leave ur feedback) My question is should i continue to cut for another month then bulk, or bulk Now?
    it's all a matter of how you feel

you could have 30% bodyfat and while nobody here would obviously recommend it, you could still bulk

bulking is just another way of saying gaining weight, mostly from muscle, but also some fat. if you're happy with your body and aren't too fussed on bodybuilding/looking as toned as possible, go for it. if you want to look shredded cut until you have awesome muscle definition

Originally Posted by Matt11222 View Post
    it's all a matter of how you feel

you could have 30% bodyfat and while nobody here would obviously recommend it, you could still bulk

bulking is just another way of saying gaining weight, mostly from muscle, but also some fat. if you're happy with your body and aren't too fussed on bodybuilding/looking as toned as possible, go for it. if you want to look shredded cut until you have awesome muscle definition
    I wanna bulk go gain strength but i don’t want to gain as much fat so that’s why i’m trying to lean out before bulking, forgot to mention i went from 165 to arnd 152 now.

recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would just do a kind of slow clean bulk, u don’t look fat at all rn but should pack some more muscle on, no need to cut rn especially when you are still growing, but u don’t wanna overdo it

Originally Posted by recorb View Post
    i would just do a kind of slow clean bulk, u don’t look fat at all rn but should pack some more muscle on, no need to cut rn especially when you are still growing, but u don’t wanna overdo it
    how many calories should i eat for a slow bulk, i weigh 152 and in 5’9, i workout 6 times a week and i do cardio for like 3-4x a week

Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wanna bulk go gain strength but i don’t want to gain as much fat so that’s why i’m trying to lean out before bulking, forgot to mention i went from 165 to arnd 152 now.
    clean bulk if you want to gain as little fat as possible

clean bulking is bulking but eating as clean(lean protein, lots of veg, healthy carbs) as possible to gain as little fat as possible. you'll still eat the calorie surplus you'll need to gain muscle, but you'll be acquiring the calories through healthier methods. for example, you may eat multiple medium-calorie but very lean and healthy meals throughout the day, instead of chowing down on a big mac, pizza or other typically unhealthy food source to easily get your calories up. it's not easy, but life never is. eat healthy and track your calories, as long as you're in a surplus and eating lean protein with healthy carbs and a good amount of veg you'll still bulk, but you'll gain as little fat as possible and still retain your lean look, just not as much as if you were in the end stages of a cut

clean bulk if you want to gain as little fat as possible

clean bulking is bulking but eating as clean(lean protein, lots of veg, healthy carbs) as possible to gain as little fat as possible. you'll still eat the calorie surplus you'll need to gain muscle, but you'll be acquiring the calories through healthier methods. for example, you may eat multiple medium-calorie but very lean and healthy meals throughout the day, instead of chowing down on a big mac, pizza or other typically unhealthy food source to easily get your calories up. it's not easy, but life never is. eat healthy and track your calories, as long as you're in a surplus and eating lean protein with healthy carbs and a good amount of veg you'll still bulk, but you'll gain as little fat as possible and still retain your lean look, just not as much as if you were in the end stages of a cut
    what about cardio in this case?

what about cardio in this case?
    cardio is commonly used in reference to fat loss because it contributes to a calorie deficit

all cardio does is burn calories, so if you're wanting to be in a deficit it just helps as well as a diet

while cardio does in the long run improve your cardiovascular health it also burns calories, so generally if you're bulking you don't want to be doing it unless you track how many calories you burnt during the cardio(i.e 500) and then make sure you eat another 500 ontop of your current calorie surplus

in short, avoid cardio when bulking as it burns calories, but you can still do it if you want to

you only lose fat/weight if you're in a calorie deficit, it's insanely difficult to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, if not impossible. if you're going to bulk just clean bulk and you don't have to worry too much about fat gain, you'll still be lean and you'll still have a toned look - just not a 100% skin tight look

cardio is commonly used in reference to fat loss because it contributes to a calorie deficit

all cardio does is burn calories, so if you're wanting to be in a deficit it just helps as well as a diet

while cardio does in the long run improve your cardiovascular health it also burns calories, so generally if you're bulking you don't want to be doing it unless you track how many calories you burnt during the cardio(i.e 500) and then make sure you eat another 500 ontop of your current calorie surplus

in short, avoid cardio when bulking as it burns calories, but you can still do it if you want to

you only lose fat/weight if you're in a calorie deficit, it's insanely difficult to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, if not impossible. if you're going to bulk just clean bulk and you don't have to worry too much about fat gain, you'll still be lean and you'll still have a toned look - just not a 100% skin tight look
    thank you