Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Australia also has the guns and they decided to give them up. Gun control laws are a joke in US. It’s just the fact
    The laws in place are adequate, they just aren't enforced. That's the issue. A law with no teeth is useless.

Take gun ownership. If you are a recreational drug user, convicted felon, or were ever involuntarily committed, you are exempt from gun ownership in many states. So they will either lie on the form or have other people buy a gun for them (straw purchase) which is illegal.

But they are hardly ever charged.

In 2017, there was approximately 112,000 fraudulent firearms applications. The ATF opened investigations into about 10% of them.

Guess how many they charged?

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look at stats comparing mass shootings around the world. Literally Google any data visualization. It’s not even worth arguing and it’s pointless. Crazy people are everywhere, school schoolings is US thing
    i believe when most people think of mass shootings, they think about incidents like this, or when a shooter goes to the mall and randomly starts shooting people.

my question is, when these statistics are calculated, is this the criteria used to qualify as a mass shooting? or are other shootings counted as well. for examples a gang shooting, where 5 or 6 people are shot?

so basically my question actually is, what is the criteria for a shooting to be considered a mass shooting?

i ask because i think that makes a difference when we are trying to tackle this issue. hypothetically, if we could snap our fingers and make all mass gang shootings go away, how would that affect these statistics you are looking at?

i don't know the answers to my questions, i am legit asking. i think you are making a leap though because: you see that mass shootings are worse in the states + we have the worst gun control laws(your opinion, but i'm rolling with it for this discussion), therefore it must be the guns. i just think there is more nuance to it than there. there are more differences between this country and all other countries than just those 2 things.
    i'm hungry

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nah, I am not enlightening anyone.
    Actually, with this answer, you just did.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    19 children.. no words
    RIP

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by unity View Post
    i believe when most people think of mass shootings, they think about incidents like this, or when a shooter goes to the mall and randomly starts shooting people.

my question is, when these statistics are calculated, is this the criteria used to qualify as a mass shooting? or are other shootings counted as well. for examples a gang shooting, where 5 or 6 people are shot?

so basically my question actually is, what is the criteria for a shooting to be considered a mass shooting?

i ask because i think that makes a difference when we are trying to tackle this issue. hypothetically, if we could snap our fingers and make all mass gang shootings go away, how would that affect these statistics you are looking at?

i don't know the answers to my questions, i am legit asking. i think you are making a leap though because: you see that mass shootings are worse in the states + we have the worst gun control laws(your opinion, but i'm rolling with it for this discussion), therefore it must be the guns. i just think there is more nuance to it than there. there are more differences between this country and all other countries than just those 2 things.
    That's the key right there. Different countries and organizations have different definitions of it, and many countries don't track it.

Take Syria. Google "Syria mass shooting" and you get three results - one from 1979, one from 2008, and one from 2018. Only three mass shootings apparently, right? But the Syrian Civil War has been going on for over 11 years now, with over 600,000 dead since March of this year.

Apparently these mass shootings don't also take into account when their military commits these against their own people, e.g. when the Syrian military slaughtered 288 civilians in the Tadamon District in 2013.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How many shootings in the last 20 years and schools haven’t learned to provide security to keep kids safe?

Security will not prevent future shootings, but it will deter and also reduce the damage otherwise.

Schools themselves bear a lot of responsibility for not providing security in the wake of our history. Federal and State money is there.

It is futile to talk guns. The same political party that blames all of these shootings only on guns is the same party that supports defunding the police and most of their cities are deep with crime and violence, yet the citizens who vote for them seem to not even fukking notice, don't talk about it or admit something is wrong and turn their backs. But, they notice school shootings.

I am not criticizing those who criticize guns. I just think that the conversation needs to get real or nothing will change.
    Last edited by Mark1T; 05-25-2022 at 04:49 AM.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    25 years ago this happened and you think maybe selling body armor to 18 year olds would be considered a bad idea? maybe?
    Can anyone enlighten me as to when body armor became so mainstream and normal for purchase?

https://abc7.com/north-hollywood-ban...rime/11550573/
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What can we do at this point? Can everyone drop the political posturing and come together to do something? Anything? The issue can't even be discussed w/o many trying to defend a position or blame the opposite political party. Doing nothing is not an option anymore. Something needs to change but knowing us we will forget about it until the next one and feel good about doing our part on social media saying "thoughts and prayers".

Fuk!
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Still don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by NotJtbny View Post
    What can we do at this point? Can everyone drop the political posturing and come together to do something? Anything? The issue can't even be discussed w/o many trying to defend a position or blame the opposite political party. Doing nothing is not an option anymore. Something needs to change but knowing us we will forget about it until the next one and feel good about doing our part on social media saying "thoughts and prayers".

Fuk!
    When's the last time you heard of school children being killed in a fire?

Not ever recently that I can think of. Because they have sprinklers, fire alarms, and do frequent fire drills. Why can't we do the same to protect our children from these kinds of incidents?

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    When's the last time you heard of school children being killed in a fire?

Not ever recently that I can think of. Because they have sprinklers, fire alarms, and do frequent fire drills. Why can't we do the same to protect our children from these kinds of incidents?
    Ok. Many schools have armed police stationed there. My kids do lockdown drills and have since kindergarten. Did you have lockdown drills in school? I know I didn't and I'm 47 and attended 3 different elementary schools in 3 different states.

Topps had an armed security guard. That worked out well.

I don't have the answers. I wish I did. I just know that doing nothing is what we will do and we will have another incident, and another, and another. It's maddening. It's sad. But thoughts and prayers, ya'll.

I've been taking my kids to school everyday of their lives. Today was by far the toughest day I've had dropping them off. I don't even know how to explain this to them.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Fourteen students and a teacher were killed during a shooting at a Texas elementary school Tuesday afternoon, according to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Speaking in Abilene, Abbott said the shooter, an 18-year-old from Uvalde, is dead.

When does this sh!t end? How friggin sad.
    When mentally ill people don't have access to weapons, I think. All I know for sure is that a lot of people are crying.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it was one of my children, I will not be able to live after. No way. Mass school shootings only happen in America at the rate that they happen. But nothing will ever change because ma guns.

Here we go, DEva is an Obama Parrot.

Mass murder happens without a gun, trucks are used bombs and blades in other countries and here too.

YOu still wanna live in Russia.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    Lol. So you actually believe that your government avoids implementing health and safety mandates because of armed population?
    Good luck with taking on your armed forces. fuc$ing wannabe gravy seal.
    LOL better than being a wanna be Crocodile Dundee
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok. Many schools have armed police stationed there. My kids do lockdown drills and have since kindergarten. Did you have lockdown drills in school? I know I didn't and I'm 47 and attended 3 different elementary schools in 3 different states.

Topps had an armed security guard. That worked out well.

I don't have the answers. I wish I did. I just know that doing nothing is what we will do and we will have another incident, and another, and another. It's maddening. It's sad. But thoughts and prayers, ya'll.

I've been taking my kids to school everyday of their lives. Today was by far the toughest day I've had dropping them off. I don't even know how to explain this to them.
    Wake up, your gambit controlled schools are nothing more than a tax thieft funnel for politicians.

Complain about it all you want but they won’t listen to you.

When you stop sending kids to a private school because of fear, they do something because they can’t run without your money, but gubmit continues to run thier schools because they continue to “take” all our money.

I made a post yesterday before this shooting that in my school the students used work programs or got GED cause it was such a chit hole to get the fuk out.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Fuk!
    This is essentially what I am also saying and I have empathy for parents like you, John. I think the "thoughts and prayers" line is over-used because (not you) the media likes to use it to tell its audience the GOP doesn't care and won't do anything about the shootings and that the shootings are the GOP's fault. Given that, I disagree with the assessment.

Because, both parties should work together to implement what we already have to reduce (not totally prevent) shootings by utilizing the Federal and State funds that are there to fund and train schools to be better prepared. Guards or teachers d not have to be armed to make an impact. Being more conscious of entry ways being locked while classes are in being held, classrooms locked, bullet-proof classroom doors, cams at each entry way, teaching students to not be afraid of anonymously reporting someone who might be suspicious or who they know who is a high risk.

Nothing will prevent these shootings, but schools can do better.

This particular shooting was near the border and tons of guns come from Mexico undetected. No gun control can help that. The only gun control I would support is to raise the age for purchase any firearm to 21, across the board.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Wake up, your gambit controlled schools are nothing more than a tax thieft funnel for politicians.

Complain about it all you want but they won’t listen to you.

When you stop sending kids to a private school because of fear, they do something because they can’t run without your money, but gubmit continues to run thier schools because they continue to “take” all our money.

I made a post yesterday before this shooting that in my school the students used work programs or got GED cause it was such a chit hole to get the fuk out.
    None of this nonsense has anything to do w/this incident. Stop trying to be the Dollar Store version of NW.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    This is essentially what I am also saying and I have empathy for parents like you, John. I think the "thoughts and prayers" line is over-used because (not you) the media likes to use it to tell its audience the GOP doesn't care and won't do anything about the shootings and that the shootings are the GOP's fault. Given that, I disagree with the assessment.
    I never equate "thoughts and prayers" to a party. It's just an empty phrase used to make the person saying it feel better. I've been a Republican most of my adult life and am not religious at all. My wife, a democrat, is. Didn't mean it to come out as a knock on a political party though. My bad. I don't think there is a clear answer here.

Because, both parties should work together to implement what we already have to reduce (not totally prevent) shootings by utilizing the Federal and State funds that are there to fund and train schools to be better prepared. Guards or teachers d not have to be armed to make an impact. Being more conscious of entry ways being locked while classes are in being held, classrooms locked, bullet-proof classroom doors, cams at each entry way, teaching students to not be afraid of anonymously reporting someone who might be suspicious or who they know who is a high risk.
    Both of my kids schools are essentially locked down. My middle schooler has a Sherriff there all day. My other kids elementary school doesn't but there are no access points that aren't locked at monitored via camera. That said the kids play outside on the playground during recess. Anyone could walk right up to them as there aren't barriers to entry.

Nothing will prevent these shootings, but schools can do better.
    yes, we've shown this to be true over and over again.

This particular shooting was near the border and tons of guns come from Mexico undetected. No gun control can help that. The only gun control I would support is to raise the age for purchase any firearm to 21, across the board.
    I live in a state that has overly strict gun laws. Want to take a stab at where many of the guns come from here? Other states that don't. That's just a fact. Raising the age is something but you and I know if someone wants a gun they can get a gun 18 or 70. The Buffalo shooter was able to despite our laws that should have stopped him. IDK, maybe start w/ banning private gun sales? Have to sell using an authorized firearm dealer? Sounds reasonable to me. The link below shows the private party laws for each state. I'm sure someone can come up w/an argument as to why this is not a good idea though.

https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/con...-by-state.html
    ☻/
    /▌

^^I am personally not opposed to banning or restricting private gun sales. So, I will re-phrase what I wrote that raising the age to purchase any firearm is not the only control I would support. It is odd though that even though NY has strict gun laws with consistent shootings, individuals and the media still blasts about gun control with no suggestions. You gave some good suggestions. I wonder why the media cannot besides flame politicians.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just a question, trying to understand the process here.

So you can be a resident of say NY state which supposedly had tighter controls/restrictions, and go to a more permissive state, and then just buy whatever you desire, and bring it back to NY ?
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

^^I am personally not opposed to banning or restricting private gun sales. So, I will re-phrase what I wrote that raising the age to purchase any firearm is not the only control I would support. It is odd though that even though NY has strict gun laws with consistent shootings, individuals and the media still blasts about gun control with no suggestions. You gave some good suggestions. I wonder why the media cannot besides flame politicians.
    Because rage sells.
    ☻/
    /▌

None of this nonsense has anything to do w/this incident. Stop trying to be the Dollar Store version of NG

Those are my words, not NG.

I leave the collapse of the dollar to him because that’s not my expertise yet.

So think about this, this is the second worst school shooting and it happened under Biden, the 1st happened under Obama.

Also Deva compared Waco to a country of armed civilians, how stupid is that? Waco was a handful of people. A country of armed citizens would be Ukraine had they not needed weapons from other nations.

Take that to your dollar store. MAybe try rolling a little less if you are so worried about your children, the octagon is fools game.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Those are my words, not NG.

I leave the collapse of the dollar to him because that’s not my expertise yet.

So think about this, this is the second worst school shooting and it happened under Biden, the 1st happened under Obama.

Also Deva compared Waco to a country of armed civilians, how stupid is that? Waco was a handful of people. A country of armed citizens would be Ukraine had they not needed weapons from other nations.

Take that to your dollar store. MAybe try rolling a little less if you are so worried about your children, the octagon is fools game.
    LWW, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.
    ☻/
    /▌

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The only gun control I would support is to raise the age for purchase any firearm to 21, across the board.
    This is a start ^^ Not sure it would do much, but it's something. Owning a firearm is a huge responsibility; owning an AR-15 style weapon is an even bigger responsibility. Most 18 year olds aren't financially stable enough to care for a firearm like the AR-15.

This shooter locked himself in a classroom and had his way with those poor souls. Absolutely disgusting. Parents had to bring DNA samples to help identify their children as they were disfigured so badly. This tragedy.....I can't find the words...

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    This is a start ^^ Not sure it would do much, but it's something. Owning a firearm is a huge responsibility; owning an AR-15 style weapon is an even bigger responsibility. Most 18 year olds aren't financially stable enough to care for a firearm like the AR-15.

This shooter locked himself in a classroom and had his way with those poor souls. Absolutely disgusting. Parents had to bring DNA samples to help identify their children as they were disfigured so badly. This tragedy.....I can't find the words...
    On that note, we can learn something from Israel. You can’t buy a gun until you are 20 IF you went to military (draft is mandatory) and if you didn’t go to military, can’t get a gun until 27. Can’t have assault weapon in most cases, have to provide health bill to purchase a gun and homeland security crosschecks health records few times a year. We can’t control crazy, and we don’t know when someone can lose their chit, but we can make hard to get weapons.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Just a question, trying to understand the process here.

So you can be a resident of say NY state which supposedly had tighter controls/restrictions, and go to a more permissive state, and then just buy whatever you desire, and bring it back to NY ?
    Of course. But if you're caught in NYS with it you're getting a minimum of 3+ years. And because reciprocation isn't country wide I could have my CCW in Florida and not break the law until I'm in the northeast on my drive back to NY. NYS also requires registration of each hand gun meaning its serial number is on the license and you get a new license when you register a new one.

So as an example I can drive down to Florida on vacation, buy a firearm from a private seller with no background check, and drive back to NY with it. Easy peasy and happens ALL the time.
    ☻/
    /▌

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Officials said that the gunman was a high school drop out who lived with his 66-year-old grandmother.

Steve McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at the Wednesday news conference that gunman Salvador Ramos purchased a semiautomatic rifle at a local sporting goods store on March 17.

The following day he purchased over 375 rounds of ammunition for the rifle. On March 20 he purchased another semi automatic rifle at that same local store.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.
    Than with your logic will continue to see the same chit, a bunch of political people who are protected by guns ramble on with fake lines about how this ONLY happens in America.

I’m not in the insane group continually repeating the same bs.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    On that note, we can learn something from Israel. You can’t buy a gun until you are 20 IF you went to military (draft is mandatory) and if you didn’t go to military, can’t get a gun until 27. Can’t have assault weapon in most cases, have to provide health bill to purchase a gun and homeland security crosschecks health records few times a year. We can’t control crazy, and we don’t know when someone can lose their chit, but we can make hard to get weapons.

The difference is Israel and other countries don’t have arms written into their constitutions. Without a Constitutional Amendment - which has a bar that modern America is simply incapable of meeting - there isn't much that can actually be passed, as far as restrictions go, especially at a federal level.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

Of course. But if you're caught in NYS with it you're getting a minimum of 3+ years. y .

No one is getting 3 Years according to the statistics of the rap sheets of known criminals or does the courts set examples for the honest folk only in NY?

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    The difference is Israel and other countries don’t have arms written into their constitutions. Without a Constitutional Amendment - which has a bar that modern America is simply incapable of meeting - there isn't much that can actually be passed, as far as restrictions go, especially at a federal level.
    Constitution has been amended over 20 something times. Children dying in schools every damn year. I simply don’t get it. Maybe because I wasn’t born here. People care more about guns than their own children?