Page 2 of 325 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Last edited by farzamk; 01-24-2008 at 11:40 AM.

richroadkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GlenJacobs View Post
    Does anyone know what these exersizes are?

Groin 3x10 reps
    backups 3 sets of 10 25lbs
    DL toe raise 2 sets of 10 155lbs

They are from the nike gridiron site
    I believe the groin exercise is a machine which you sit on (one normally in the womens area of a gym) and you basically use it to push your legs together like a pair of siccors if that makes sense and the back ups is the same but you push your legs the other way so one does the inside of your quads and groin and the other does your outta quad.

DL toes raises im not to sure might be like a calf raise. Or might be just litings your toes towards the ceiling possibly with some weight on...

They use lots of different exercises on there I dont know.. what the hell is a bear squat? lol

farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why Olympic lifters/powerlifters can beat world class sprinters in the 20 yards: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...strength+ratio

Not enough flexibility and too much flexibility: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post121227471

List of Static Stretches: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post121229271

Dynamic Warm Up Drills: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6849061

The most important dynamic stretch: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6849231

Speed Workouts: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6849801
    Last edited by farzamk; 01-25-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Last edited by farzamk; 01-26-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Ask me anything about injuries: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6877711

Weighted Vests and Ankle Weights are bad to use: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post121930611

Strength Shoes are Useless: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...es+are+useless

How a 10 second sprint works mechanically: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post121976541
    Last edited by farzamk; 01-27-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Last edited by farzamk; 01-28-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Last edited by farzamk; 01-30-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Last edited by farzamk; 01-30-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Registered User Lil Hornswoggle's Avatar
    Lil Hornswoggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by teriyakisaki View Post
    Choosing a position
    Offensive line (OL):
    Tackles (OT) are typically the biggest and strongest guys allthough your offensive linemen will be big, strong guys, who aren't necessarily that fast. if youre fat, youll probably play here. Gaurds (OG) are a little bit smaller than tackles but they are usually faster and quicker and have better feet as they move around more (like pulling). Centers vary in size but usually have the same quickness as gaurds. They also need to be able to snap the ball to the quarterback.
    just an addendum to this section:

Our program has gone to moving our stronger/larger linemen to the inside of the line to deal with the larger/stronger inside DLs and moving our quicker/more agile linemen to the tackle positions. It works because of our blocking schemes and our power running attack. We made the switch about 4-5 years ago and have been able to average more than 250 yds/gm in the last 2 seasons.

Thanks for indulging me, I just wanted to brag. great thread.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [size=145][b][u]
    Bill Starr's 5x5

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...nts_thread.htm

To be honest, I don't know a TON about this workout, I know that it changes up quite a bit and whatnot, but most of all from what everyone has told me this is one that WORKS. This would be a more intermediate workout, for the type who has been lifting for a while and just isn't sure where to go next.
    Nope, wrong one. The one you've linked to was written by Glenn Pendly for recreational lifters. This is Bill Starr's original: http://www.strengthcats.com/classicfootballII.htm
    This thread list's out many of Starr's programs from beginner all the way to the NFL:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027 My 5x5 thread
    I have a lot more of them.

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't ban me or anything but it seemed in this thread 99% of the threads he posted as helpful was his own, and most of his threads he said like 1 or 2 sentences. anyway i can think of 50 more helpful threads from a range of people, instead of using your own. just my 2cents
    Richoss' Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=390444731&posted=1#post390444731

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by richroadkill View Post
    I believe the groin exercise is a machine which you sit on (one normally in the womens area of a gym) and you basically use it to push your legs together like a pair of siccors if that makes sense and the back ups is the same but you push your legs the other way so one does the inside of your quads and groin and the other does your outta quad.

DL toes raises im not to sure might be like a calf raise. Or might be just litings your toes towards the ceiling possibly with some weight on...

They use lots of different exercises on there I dont know.. what the hell is a bear squat? lol
    youre thinking of the hip abduction (legs pushing out) and adduction (closing the legs) machine.

Originally Posted by Lil Hornswoggle View Post
    just an addendum to this section:

Our program has gone to moving our stronger/larger linemen to the inside of the line to deal with the larger/stronger inside DLs and moving our quicker/more agile linemen to the tackle positions. It works because of our blocking schemes and our power running attack. We made the switch about 4-5 years ago and have been able to average more than 250 yds/gm in the last 2 seasons.

Thanks for indulging me, I just wanted to brag. great thread.
    addendum? just because your team does something and it works well in your system, doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel for all. that was an "in general" post about positions. yes, different systems will play in slightly different roles, but for the most part this is the way things go.

its a good idea, much like what my school did, and its great to hear that it works for you, but dont come into faq's and stickeys spewing out one special circumstance like it applies to everybody. it ruins the point of the thread, and opens the door for loads of stupid assed questions. so please, next time think a little bit more before hitting the post button.

Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Nope, wrong one. The one you've linked to was written by Glenn Pendly for recreational lifters. This is Bill Starr's original: http://www.strengthcats.com/classicfootballII.htm
    This thread list's out many of Starr's programs from beginner all the way to the NFL:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027 My 5x5 thread
    I have a lot more of them.
    thanks man. the link i listed was the one people always gave me. i didnt know it was different. much appreciated.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)

size / cut vs bulk

Ideal Size / Should I Cut or Bulk

Size

This is a quick one that has been coming up, especially because spring tryouts are comming around as well as the new freshmen will be starting their workouts soon.

Bottom line, there is ideal sizes, but it is not worth worrying about. for the most part, there is nothing you can do about your size. it is mostly based on pure genetics, as the saying goes, "you can't coach height." as a growing teenager, your body is in all sorts of wierd dimensions. some parts are growing faster than others, and there are times where you will go through a big growth spurt. between my JR and SR years of high school, i grew an inch and packed on 35lbs of muscle. i had to buy all new clothes by the time school started, and all i took was protein shakes and a little bit of hardwork (mostly mother nature though). worrying about how big you should be will not change how big you really are. it does not matter how big you are, but how big you play.

i know of plenty of guys who all have decent size, strength and speed, but cannot play football worth a damn whether it is because they are uncoordinated or are just plain untalented. the best way to be a great player is to play to your strengths. mike alstott's strength is running people over. LT's game is all about out running/juking you. yes, both backs can juke and deliver a solid blow, but both lean more to ones side. if youre not that fast, make up for it in being a physical player and create separation by putting the guy into the ground. don't have the physical/natural aspect of the game? make up for it by studying your ass off and becomming a mental player and out thinking your opponent.

now i'm not saying be content with what god has given you. i'm saying be honest with yourself in what you can and can't achieve. just because you're 5'4" 125 lbs, i'm not saying you shouldn't be in the weight room. yes, work your ass off, but don't get down on yourself because you're not 6'2" running a 4.4 40, because the reality is this: very few people have it all. work your ass off and be the best you can be, whether thats at 235 or 115.

Should I Bulk or Cut?

Neither.

An athlete is completely different from a typical bodybuilder in many ways, especially in this matter. bodybuilding is almost entirely broken down into 2 categories, bulking and cutting. bulking is basically increasing caloric intake and reducing or dropping cardio all together. the goal of it is to build overall mass. this is then followed by a cycle of "cutting." cutting is going on a caloric deficit (typically 1500-2500 cals/day) and cutting out almost all fats, but mostly just not eating as much combined with high amounts of cardio. this is aimed at dropping or "cutting" overall bodyfat percentage thus allowing every little cut, bump and vein to show up.

in all reality, both of these are bad for athletes in their normal bodybuilding capacity. going on a bulk can be great for increasing overall size and strength, but what it lacks is any sort of training to allow the body to accommodate to its larger size. on the most basic of all levels, it makes you slower and less coordinated. cutting is equally as bad as it prevents growing athletes from consuming a lot of the calories needed to recover from their workouts, but also just to maintain homeostasis (a healthy balance of the fluid volume, temperature, chemicals and minerals in the body). this in combination with many of the fat-loss supplements can lead to things such as cramping, severe dehydration, extra-excitable nerves (jitters and tremors which would lead to lost energy), fatigue, etc etc. all of these are things you do not want happening on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line.

what a lot of people don't realize is that you can actually build muscle and cut fat at the same time. one of the best ways to do this is cleaning up the diet. it doesn't matter who you are, everybody can stand to clean up their diet a little bit. this will substancially reduce the amt of fat on a person's body. another way of doing this is through high intensity workouts like circuit training. i won't go into detail of all the different ways to do this, but believe me with a simple search of info there is a wealth of information on cutting fat while building muscle. that being said, you will eventually need to make a compromise between having a nice body, and being a good athelte. bodybuilding will not make you as good of an athlete as athletic training. you can still be a decent athelte, but not nearly on the same level. and allow me to let you in on a little secret. here it comes. even working out on an athletic-based program will give you a damn good looking body. ever see reggie bush with his shirt off? i can garuntee you he doesnt spend entire days on one muscle.

if i was to reccommend going one way or the other, i'd say going on a clean bulk. this basically constitutes high caloric intake allowing for more mass and strength on the body, but on a clean diet. a lot of bulks don't necessarily eat the best foods. watch what you eat. mc donalds is high calories, but its also high in trans fats, sodium and a bunch of other crap that will kill you later in life. eating clean but in large amounts will help keep the weight up and the fat low. i'd also say do it in 5-6 small snacks instead of 2-3 large meals. this in combination with a good weight lifting program coupled with some plyometrics and position/sport specific drills is the basis of pretty much any program built for athletes.

if you think im a total idiot and still want to bulk or cut...fine by me. at least do yourself a favor and do it in the offseason, preferrably after everything has healed, but still end a few months before your season gets into the swing of things. it'll only save yourself a lot of time and effort.

br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) br7o7wn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down

youre thinking of the hip abduction (legs pushing out) and adduction (closing the legs) machine.

addendum? just because your team does something and it works well in your system, doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel for all. that was an "in general" post about positions. yes, different systems will play in slightly different roles, but for the most part this is the way things go.

its a good idea, much like what my school did, and its great to hear that it works for you, but dont come into faq's and stickeys spewing out one special circumstance like it applies to everybody. it ruins the point of the thread, and opens the door for loads of stupid assed questions. so please, next time think a little bit more before hitting the post button.

thanks man. the link i listed was the one people always gave me. i didnt know it was different. much appreciated.

Wow, are you really that much of a Know-it-all d*ck?! The guy was sharing football knowledge with you, something that has obviously worked for him. What makes you the authority on all things football?? I was impressed with this thread until I read that BS!
    When you're in the gym, its time to turn f*cking evil!

Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by br7o7wn View Post
    Wow, are you really that much of a Know-it-all d*ck?! The guy was sharing football knowledge with you, something that has obviously worked for him. What makes you the authority on all things football?? I was impressed with this thread until I read that BS!
    This post caught my attention and I felt that there was some reputation to be changed for you kind sir.
    U.S. Army Veteran

B.A. Kinesiology

Powerlifting Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175783781

bkitko13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The toe raise basically will work the muscle around the area of your shin.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool *official Rugby Thread*

This thread is for everything to do with rugby...
    pictures, vids, stats, questions about training, apparel and whatever else, just to clear up many threads on the board all asking about rugby training...

I will start off by introducing good routines for rugby players to follow in the gym:

Option 1:Bill starrs 5x5 (for more intermediate lifters)
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Option 2:Rippetoes (for beginners)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Option 3:ws4sb(any of the programs 1, 2 or 3)
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

If you have any questions about rugby in general or training or specific questions ASK HERE!!! one of the rugby boys on the board will answer...

And last of all, have a good season fellows

Currently eating

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    This thread is for everything to do with rugby...
    pictures, vids, stats, questions about training, apparel and whatever else, just to clear up many threads on the board all asking about rugby training...

I will start off by introducing good routines for rugby players to follow in the gym:

Option 1:Bill starrs 5x5 (for more intermediate lifters)
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Option 2:Rippetoes (for beginners)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Option 3:ws4sb(any of the programs 1, 2 or 3)
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

If you have any questions about rugby in general or training or specific questions ASK HERE!!! one of the rugby boys on the board will answer...

And last of all, have a good season fellows
    This should be stickied, theres already one about football like this up there
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Option 1: Bill starrs 5x5

This routine is more for an intermediate lifter who has some experience in the weight room and has fair enough numbers. It is 3-day-a-week template on non-consecutive days but i have found that quite a few players including myself will be running the program something like this:

week 1

m-workout 1
    t-rugby practise
    w-workout 2
    th-rugby practise
    f-rest
    s-rugby game
    su-rest

week 2

m-workout 3
    t-practise
    w-workout 1
    th-practise
    f-rest
    s-game
    su-rest

PROS-

strehgth routine
    gain mass(if you eat right)
    has basic compound lifts that are fairly easy to learn
    has assistance work everyday for those who insist on this
    PROVEN TO WORK
    you can monitor your progress
    allows time for recovery/conditioning/sprints in off-season

CONS-

no olympic lifts
    no box squatting
    explosiveness might be an issue

Currently eating

Option 2: Rippetoes

This routine i would advise to beginners in the weight room and people whos numbers are not up to par. The routine is 3 days a week like the one above but i think you could run it like i mentioned in the post above to better effect as rugby players....

Pros-

strength routine
    will gain mass
    simple
    basic compounds
    proven to work
    allows time for conditioning/sprints/rest durring off season
    can monitor your progression

Cons-

No olympic lifts
    No box squats

Comment: some people like to run this with the powerclean like rippetoe stated to in the beginning but for the beginner this would be a bad move as they do not not the correct technique...

Currently eating

Option 3- ws4sb

I would advise this to more of the advanced/intermediate lifter who has experience with in the weight room and the components involved in the programs. There are 3 different templates that you could follow with the most popular being the third...

Pros-

Strength
    Mass
    Has a goal each session
    Can monitor progression
    interchangable
    aloows time for conditioning/sprints/rest/etc
    proven westside style training
    explosive movements

Cons-

No olympic lifts

Comment: Joe states that the olympic lifts are not superior to the box squat which he bases alot of his work on...

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also include BFS (feel free to replace the auxillary's with better ones). Iv never used it but it looks pretty good.

Madcow's 5x5 has been my favourite program to date (its similar to Bill Starrs)
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Gaan die bokke! Yes, we won the rugby despite what everyone probably thought leading into '07.
    2. Good programs listed up there. I'm currently using a full-body routine for next season.
    3. Conditioning is your friend as a rugby player. Don't get too focussed on gym numbers(although strength is important) otherwise you'll be strong but you'll also die by the 20th minute(always see this in people who wanna be forwards and think strength wins your game - then I see these same people crawling about after the 3rd ruck of the game!
    4. By the same token, spend lots of time on your skills. What good is a fast and strong player who keeps knocking on or throwing **** passes?

That's all I've got for now.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    1. Gaan die bokke! Yes, we won the rugby despite what everyone probably thought leading into '07.
    2. Good programs listed up there. I'm currently using a full-body routine for next season.
    3. Conditioning is your friend as a rugby player. Don't get too focussed on gym numbers(although strength is important) otherwise you'll be strong but you'll also die by the 20th minute(always see this in people who wanna be forwards and think strength wins your game - then I see these same people crawling about after the 3rd ruck of the game!
    4. By the same token, spend lots of time on your skills. What good is a fast and strong player who keeps knocking on or throwing **** passes?

That's all I've got for now.
    i like it, good solid advice there... i think the american influence of gym numbers mean everything has been detrimental, remember rugby is played out on that field, not in the gym... off-season is the time for gym, skills, conditioning, speed etc then in-season you want to lower the gym work so you have enough time to rest up for your games and to be ready for your practises.

Practises are somewhat overlooked, if you run hard, work well at practise it will carry over to the games, if you perform slowly and half-hearted at practise this will show in your games... everyone who posts here please show what position you play?

I play blindside/8th man/second row and known for some great crash balls at 1st center (yes, my team is really small but we are quick which in my opinion is even better) i play provincial rugby for my province and captain my school side... peace out guys, got a pre-season game in 3 hours

Currently eating

big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_addz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice thread ruga buga.

i play league, but we can both live 2gether on this forum in peace cant we!?

bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigd-84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    Option 1: Bill starrs 5x5

CONS - no olympic lifts
    Incorporating the Olympic Lifts:
    The above is basically setup for someone who doesn't know the OLs. Starr's original workout included Power Cleans and High Pulls. Instead of Bent Rows substitute Power Cleans. Rather than Deads substitute High Pulls. That?s a quick and dirty way of handling this without much disruption.

Near the bottom of the page

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like to play on the wing - 14 -, but I've been known to deputise in the midfield at 13.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt555 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started playing 11 and 14, then I played 12 and 13 for a while, then I started playing 6 and 7 and even played 2 twice.

11 was my favourite position, though, probably because I really enjoyed watching Lomu, Dominici and all those outstanding wingers.

It's a great, but very demanding sport. I love it because it's really THE sport where hard work, dedication and sacrifice pays off.
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall

Originally Posted by bigd-84 View Post
    Incorporating the Olympic Lifts:
    The above is basically setup for someone who doesn't know the OLs. Starr's original workout included Power Cleans and High Pulls. Instead of Bent Rows substitute Power Cleans. Rather than Deads substitute High Pulls. That?s a quick and dirty way of handling this without much disruption.

Near the bottom of the page
    thanks mate, i knew someone would say this and i agree with you but many are not caple of performing these lifts very well, hence the reason i don't mention it as this might confuse...

P.s. i prefer the original setup btw

Currently eating